What Was I Thinking? Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How about just having room service?"

"Sounds good."

---

Nick's mother was very charming, yet intensely formal. It was like taking tea with the Queen of England. I could immediately see which side of the family Nick had got his good looks. She was tall, thin and very beautiful. She looked almost regal. It was nearly impossible to guess her age but she certainly appeared to be too young to have a son Nick's age.

She eyed me suspiciously from the outset.

"So, Nick tells me that you've been taking very good care of him." She said over dinner on her personal yacht.

It seemed almost like an accusation. And Nick seemed in a constant state of blush and would barely meet my gaze. I'd never seen him so suppliant and humble.

"Yes ma'am, he's been a very good friend to me." I answered.

During the entire dinner she maintained a civil but slightly contemptuous tone. Nick was uncharacteristically quiet, so I continued to spar with mother over my profession, politics and religious affiliations. She was tough, opinionated and downright confrontational when it came to the subject of marriage and children.

I knew precisely where she was going with this, but she obviously had too much class to broach the question directly. She wanted to know when I planned to leave her son in peace to pursue a more appropriate relationship.

In fact, when she actually did mention the word grandchildren, I saw Nick wince and take a deep gulp from his wine glass. She took note of his reaction as well.

I don't like anyone making Nick feel bad in any way, so I immediately went on the defensive.

It seems she had added to her fortune by burying rich husbands. Apparently, Nick's dad was during her period of rebellious slumming, because she was loaded, her family was loaded and she made no apologies for it. I don't blame her.

She was from a wealthy family and totally observed the European class system.

Anyway, her current husband was absolutely opposed to attending this dinner, which was why we were eating on the yacht.

"Well, you boys feel free to come back anytime." She dismissed us, as she left the table.

We both stood as you do in formal company, when a lady stands.

Once she had retired to her private quarters, Nick seemed to breath a little easier.

The weirdest thing happen after that, Nick got up came over to me.

"I love you." He said, grabbing me and holding on for dear life. I hugged him back.

---

Prior to the meeting with Nick's mother, I'd booked a hotel suite as close to beach as possible on Mykonos. This was the real starting point of our vacation.

The Cyclades Islands are nothing like I've ever seen. So much beauty and culture, if you've never been there, I highly recommend it.

While we were there we also visited Santorini, Naxos and Paros.

This is the party capital of the world. Forget South Beach or even the beaches on the west coast of America. These people know how to party.

Nick and I were finally able to forget the horrors of the past few weeks.

"What do you think, Italy or France?" I asked him.

"You choose. You seem to have a better 'party radar' than me.

1...456789