What Was I Thinking? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, you gonna invite your buddy Nick?"

I sensed a deeper question in Scott's tone. He seemed to be watching me for a reaction.

"I don't know." I answered. "I suppose I can ask him if you want."

"No, I just thought maybe you'd like to invite him."

"Well, are we bringing other people?" I asked casually. "Cause if we're not going to be rafting this time, I think maybe they'll all get pretty restless. Probably be a lot of complaining."

I purposely steered the conversation away from the topic of Nick. I could see the frustration in Scott's eyes at having been sidetracked. He tried a different approach.

"So where do you know him from?"

"Who, Nick?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know. I suppose we have some friends in common." I shrugged.

I could see there was no derailing this line of questioning and it was clear where it was headed. I really had no problem sharing the truth with Scott, I just didn't want to see that wall go up between us. That wall that sometimes goes up between people when one of them finds out something about the other that they don't quite understand or really didn't want to know, but just had to ask.

Scott looked away for a moment then back at me. His eyes searching my face.

"You could have told me, you know."

"Told you what?"

"That you have a boyfriend."

My heart leapt into my throat. I thought for a moment that I was having a stroke. Then I looked around to see if anyone had overheard him. Then I looked back at him.

"What?" I asked.

"You and Nick." Scott said casually sipping his drink. "Its cool. I don't care about that. I just want you to stop acting all weird around me. You know what I mean?"

"Weird?"

"Yeah, I mean like we don't hang out anymore. And when we do you're all evasive and short with me. And you've got this whole twitchy, fidgety thing going on lately. You know, weird."

"How do you know its not a girlfriend?"

"I didn't until just now." Scott smiled. "Its cool though. I had a boyfriend once. Well, not actually. We were more like fuck buddies, you know."

"Does Julia know?"

"Nah, that's not the kind of thing you tell your wife. Especially if you plan to stay married to her. Besides, this was way before I met her."

I started to relax and breath a little easier.

"So believe me when I tell you, I can understand your reluctance to share that kind of information. But don't worry, your secret's safe with me." Scott winked.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess I kinda got over it when he started wanting to fuck me back. It just wasn't for me."

"And now? I mean since then?"

"No, it was just something to do at the time. Something to try, kinda like playing golf. I tried it a few times, and while I can appreciate the game, I find it mind numbingly boring. Its just not for me."

"Fair enough." I chuckled.

"So, you think you can quit acting like such a freak?" Scott grinned.

"I'll give it a shot." I laughed. "No guarantees."

"I gotta tell you though, a couple of those girls that Julia set you up with are still waiting by the phone for you to call them back." Scott confided.

"Yeah well, I just might do that, you never know." I shrugged.

"Apparently, you're quite the Casanova. You seem to have developed your own little cult following among Julia's girlfriends. Personally, I don't see it." He laughed. "And you know she's gonna keep trying to set you up. She just can't stand to see anybody single."

Then after a momentary pause in the conversation in which Scott seemed to be studying me, pondering a further question, he spoke again.

"So, is it serious?" He asked. "You and Nick?"

"I don't know dude." I said, suddenly feeling a little embarrassed and self-conscious. "We're just friends, more or less."

Mercifully, my cell phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Craig, its me. I just called to let you know that I'm going to be here for a while longer." Nick said.

His voice was distressed and sullen.

"Is everything alright?"

"Well, its my father. He died. And well, there're some things that need attending to."

"Oh shit, dude I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do? Anything you need?"

Scott's eyes were locked onto mine as I spoke into the phone, so I got up and walked a little distance from the table.

"No, there's really nothing."

"Listen, I'm coming up there."

"Oh, you don't have to do that."

"Dude, I'm coming and that's all there is to it!" I said emphatically.

Nick conceded and gave me directions.

"I'll see you real soon, okay?"

"Alright." Nick said. "And Craig?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks man."

"You bet."

When I sat back down, Scott was wide eyed with curiosity.

"Is everything alright?"

"Uh, listen, I've got to take off for a few days."

"Why, what's happened?"

"That was Nick. His dad just died so I'm going up to Santa Barbara for the funeral." I said.

Scott was quiet for moment, then, "Oh, yeah, of course, you should go."

"I'll be back in a couple of days." I said.

After leaving the restaurant I stopped only briefly at home for some provisions and got on the road immediately.

On my arrival, I nearly didn't recognize Nick. For whatever reason, he'd cut his dark wavy hair down to a crew cut. He greeted me warmly but I could see the distress in his beautiful hazel eyes. He looked so sad that it made my heart hurt. He stayed the night with me in my hotel room and I did what I could to comfort him.

Seems his father had been sick for quite some time but since they hadn't spoken in many years Nick had been unaware. He didn't go into detail, except to say that they'd had a falling out.

Nick's mother had gone back to live in Greece after she'd divorced his dad years ago. His older brother was en route from Miami and would be arriving in the morning.

The funeral was especially hard on him with his father's second wife behaving so tragically. The resemblance between Nick and his brother was remarkable.

After the funeral we started back right away. When we got back Nick stayed at my place and didn't even go out of the house for the next few days. I tried to take good care of him while still giving him enough space.

---

This whole business with Nick's father really put things into perspective for me, so I made up with Jason. It just didn't seem worth it holding a grudge anymore.

---

Eventually I convinced Nick to get out with me. After watching a special on the 'The Travel Channel' about the top ten best hotels in Mexico, I decided that we'd go check a few of them out. Hopefully, a little time away from home would improve Nick's disposition.

First stop on the tour of Mexican resorts was in Cancun. The party atmosphere was infectious and Nick seemed to start cheering up immediately.

Standing at the bar, doing shots in one of the various random clubs, Nick seemed more like his old self. He seemed happy and was smiling again. I was glad.

"You've got very pretty eyes." I over-heard the girl on the other side of Nick saying to him. "Come dance with me."

She dragged him out on the dance floor and I didn't see him for quite a while. Nick seemed quite popular among the ladies, of course that was no big surprise. What did surprise me though, was how well he moved on the dance floor.

Watching him dance was really turning me on. Nick can really dance. He looked so fucking hot out there. I couldn't take my eyes off his undulating hips.

Soon, I found myself out there as well. Some hot little raven haired beauty half danced with me, half danced with a cute little blond girl who also divided her attention between a tall, handsome guy and my brunette beauty.

When my brunette turned her back to me and started grinding her butt into my crotch, the blond moved in closer, smiling the whole time and began to fondle her. The tall guy was right behind her.

Suddenly, when the girls locked lips, it was like something right out of a 'Girls Gone Wild' video. Then, from nowhere, tall guy reached one hand over them and put his hand on my shoulder while still keeping up with the beat of the music. Then he began to stroke the back of my neck with the girls still smooching and grinding between us.

With my eyes locked on his, I began to fondle the dark haired girl's breast. She slowly moved my hands to her girlfriend's chest.

Meanwhile, tall guy is grinding blond girl's butt and still stroking my neck. It was certainly getting hot in there. Tall guy's eyes never left mine the whole time. No one else seemed to notice or even care what was going on. There were too many people doing their own thing to care what we were up to.

Eventually, our little dance floor quartet broke up and I headed back over to bar. Tall guy came over and bought a couple rounds of shots for me and the girls. It was far too noisy to hear anything they were saying, so I just nodded and smiled as the girls giggled while tall guy drank like a fish.

It occurred to me that I hadn't seen Nick in quite a while, so I decided to take a lap around the bar to see if I could spot him. He was no where to be found, so I stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air.

Outside the club I looked around to see if I could see Nick. When I turned back around tall guy was standing only a few inches from me.

"How's it going?" He slurred.

"Pretty good." I answered. "Hey, thanks for the drinks."

He assumed a bold stance as he stared down at me and cleared his throat. His eyes were glassy, but insistent and hungry. I started to feel a little anxiety-ridden by his close proximity.

"No problem." He said, gruffly. "Do you wanna come back to the room and party for a while?"

He was standing so close to me that I could feel little drops of spittle flying from his lips.

I hadn't noticed before, but tall guys was a lot older than I had previously thought. And now, was he propositioning me? Probably. And at any other time I might have accepted, but right now I needed to find Nick.

"No thanks, I'm gotta find my boyfriend." I said.

"Too bad. The girls are gonna be disappointed." He said. "But if you change your mind we're gonna be in room 333 at the hotel. You can bring your friend if you want."

"Right." I smiled.

"Don't forget, 333." Tall guy said, playfully clapping me on the shoulder yet still staring at me.

"Hey." Nick said strolling up behind me.

Tall guy walked away as soon as he spotted Nick.

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked, relieved to see him.

"Oh, I had to walk some girls back to their room." He said.

"Dude, you could've said something."

"Well, you were pretty busy out there on the dance floor." He smiled. "That was quite a little show you and your new friends put on."

"Oh, you saw that, did you?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone saw that." He chuckled. "It was kinda hot."

We stood there quietly for a moment, watching the people come and go. Then Tall guy and the girls reappeared at the entrance of the club. We watched them as they looked around, then headed off toward their hotel.

Nick swatted me on the bottom, urging me on in the opposite direction.

"So?" He said. "Waiting for your boyfriend, huh?"

"What were you, spying on me back there?" I asked as we walked.

"So, I'm your boyfriend now, huh?" He teased.

"You are so fucking queer." I laughed.

"Ah yeah, I'm the queer one!" He countered sarcastically.

The rest of the trip was kind of a blurry haze as we hopped from hotel to hotel, suite to suite, bar to bar, hitting nearly every major resort town in Mexico. Nick and I had a great time, partying all night and lounging around various hotel pools during the day. We fucked like there was no tomorrow.

There's something about vacation sex that makes it a little hotter. Perhaps it's the different locale or more likely the availability of secluded balconies.

Once, a very surprised pool boy caught me sucking Nick off out by the pool, behind a closed bar. After a substantial tip, he asked if there was anything that he could do. We both laughed.

Nick surprised me one day as we walked along a secluded beach. He took my hand in his while never breaking his stride. I glanced over at him.

"Is this alright?" He asked, indicating our clasped hands.

I just smiled, giving his hand a strong squeeze and kept walking. It was alright. It was definitely alright.

---

The day after we got back I was going through the huge stack of mail on my desk when Jason came by. He'd kept an eye on the place while Nick and I were away.

"So how was trip?" Jason asked.

"Pretty good, nothing special."

Nick nodded a quick hello before heading out onto the deck.

"Hey, I didn't know that you knew Marc Vincent." Jason said as I sorted through the pile on my desk.

"What are you talking about?"

"He called a couple of times while you were gone." Jason said.

"Oh yeah? Any message?"

"No message, he just said to tell you that he called."

"Uh huh." I answered distractedly as I came across a letter from an attorney's office. I didn't like the looks of it. I got on the phone to my lawyer immediately.

"Alright, I'll catch you later." Jason said on his way out the door. "Golf next week?"

I nodded and waved as he went out, still waiting for someone to answer on the other end of the phone.

When I finally got through I was put on hold immediately.

"Your friend said it was alright to come on up."

Looking up from the papers in my hand, I was very surprised to find Marc standing there before my desk. My lawyer came on the line simultaneously.

"Is this a good time?" Marc asked.

I indicated that he should take a seat.

"This is kind of an important call." I said. "I'll be with you in a minute."

"Take your time, no hurry." Marc flashed a bright eyed smile.

I was on the phone for quite some time trying to explain what was in the letter and hoping to get some help as to what to do about it.

My attention was suddenly divided between the voice on the phone and the raised voices out on the deck. I quickly scanned the room to see where Marc was. I didn't see him and suddenly I knew exactly what was going on.

All of a sudden, there was a loud crash. I told my lawyer that I'd have to call him back and quickly went toward the sound. I got to sliding doors that lead out onto the deck just in time to see Marc swing at Nick, but Nick was too swift for him.

Everything seemed to happen all at once. Nick threw a solid punch into Marc's midsection, which doubled him over. While he was bent down, Nick grabbed the back of his head and slammed it down hard on his raised knee, three times in rapid succession.

Marc crumpled onto the deck like a rag doll, blood flowing from his face like a fount. Looking like a Ninja, Nick stood ready to strike again.

"What the fuck!?" I shouted. "What the hell's going on out here?"

"Your friend's got a smart mouth, so I shut it for him." Nick replied calmly. So calmly in fact that it made me a little afraid of him.

Marc groaned a bit and rolled over onto his back. There was blood all over the front of him and the deck.

"You alright?" I asked, looking down at Marc.

No answer. He didn't even move. So I leaned down a little closer. His eyes were rolled up into the back of his head. He was out cold. Looking back and forth between Nick and Marc, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

"Dude, what happened?" I asked Nick.

"I just told you." Nick said flatly and walked back inside.

When Marc groaned again and started to sit up I helped him to his feet. He was very unsteady and pretty groggy. I brought him into the bathroom and tried to clean him up a bit, but his nose wouldn't stop bleeding.

"Listen man, it looks like I'm going to have to take him to the hospital." I told Nick.

He just shrugged.

Later that evening when I got back, Nick was still sitting in the same spot.

"You wanna tell me what really happened with you guys today?" I asked.

"Not really." He said. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Well, he'd got a broken nose and a concussion."

No response.

"He wanted to have you arrested for assault and battery." I said. "Luckily I was able to talk him out of it."

Still no response from Nick. I just stared at him for a minute, then decided to drop it. I figured he'd tell me about it when he felt like. Or not.

This was all my fault anyway. What was I thinking? Letting Marc come into my house with Nick there.

Marc hadn't given me much more information than Nick. All he would say was that Nick attacked him without provocation and that certainly didn't sound right. Hell, Marc often pissed me off just by being himself.

I poured us both a drink and sat down next to Nick on the sofa. I put my hand on his leg. After a minute or so, he lay his head down in my lap and I leaned down and kissed the side of his face.

As he blinked his eyes I could see a tear drop across the bridge of his nose. This was one of those tender moments that I hate because they tend to bind you emotionally to the other person.

I don't care much for that feeling because inevitably it all falls apart. It would be easier to avoid it altogether by keeping my distance. But it was too late for that. I was, in fact, already bound to Nick from the moment that he dropped Marc on my deck.

Even though Marc was the one who was hurt, I was more concerned for Nick. And a little turned on. Indeed, I was bound to him even before that. I think it actually happened sometime ago, though I couldn't say exactly when.

I guess Nick harbored more hostility than he'd previously admitted to concerning what had gone on between Marc and I. And obviously, Marc had said the wrong thing and pissed him off royally. I don't suppose I'll ever know what actually transpired between them.

---

Standing under the strong spray of the shower head with my eyes closed, I heard the door open and close behind me. It could only be Nick. Just as I turned around and eyes, he let loose a strong torrent of hot piss all over my crotch and stomach.

"What the fuck?" I said, visibly startled.

"Okay, its official now." He stated, golden stream still jetting all over my midsection.

"What are you doing?" I asked, deeply intrigued now.

"Marking my territory." He answered, completely serious.

A bark of laughter jumped from my mouth before I could stop it. His eyes now burning into mine, no trace of humor. And as the stream slowed to a trickle, then stopped, he pulled me to him and we kissed.

Both our cocks hard as stone now, slipping and sliding between us. Our hands groping for purchase on each other water slicked skin. Nick dug his teeth into my neck and I flinched.

Then without warning, he spun me around, pushing his hard cock between my thighs. With him behind me now, I knew what he wanted and before yesterday, before watching his physical confrontation with Marc, I probably wouldn't have allowed it. But the truth was, thinking about it, seeing him take Marc out like that, really turned me on. I'm not sure why.

With my face and hands against the cool tile wall in front of me, I relished the feeling of his strong hard pecs against my back. His crotch pressed against my butt. Involuntarily, I felt my hips pressing back into him. His hands caressing my chest, my nipples and stomach. His lips and hot breath in my ear. I couldn't stop the shudder that wracked my body.

As much as I hate the idea of being opened up like that, I couldn't resist Nick. I didn't want to. And as much as I love plowing deep inside another man's asshole, I don't much care to be on the receiving end. Nick would be only the third man on the planet to find his way inside me.

His fat cock was nudging its way between my hairy thighs. I could feel the large round head of his thick dick pressing at the back of my balls.

The sensation made me wiggle my backside at him and pull him closer up behind me. His hands still rubbing and grabbing all over me. His lips and tongue caressing every inch of my neck and ears.