I Won the Lottery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He came inside and knelt down next to me, as he said, "There's an ambulance on its way, and should be here in the next few minutes. How do you feel?"

"A little disconnected and very pissed," I heard myself say.

He chuckled and nodded; "I can believe that." Turning to Mary he said, "Tell 911 we're here and that everything is under control." To Karen he said, "Ok, I'm going to need some information; I have the basics, but now I need details."

Mary rounded up all our driver's licenses, while Karen filled the officer in on what had happened and when, as best she could recall. When she was finished, he asked Mary for the same thing. Mary replied, "Mom told it like it was. I don't think there's anything I can add that would help you."

The cop looked down at me and said, "I'll wait until after the ambulance gets here and talk to you." Turning back to Karen, he asked, "Is there anyone you can think of that would do something like this?" All three of us said, "Bill," at the same time. He looked around at us and said, "Ok, I take it that you've had trouble with him before?"

Karen started to explain what had been going on, and the problems we'd had with Bill. Mary had the health inspector's notes, and the list of gossip and rumors relating to Bill ready to show him as her mom finished talking. He glanced over the paperwork and then looked down at me. "I take it that you know all about this and that you concur with the ladies?" When I nodded, he said, "Ok," And then grinned, "So you're a drug dealer, huh?"

I chuckled, which hurt like hell, and replied, "Right. In his dreams. Until two weeks ago, I was a machinist for National Metals and had worked there for twenty three years."

The cop just smiled and said, "It was a question I had to ask. I've known Bill since he was a kid and it does sound just like some of the bullshit he would come up with. He's wild and crazy but he is a cop, so we're going to have to do this by the book, all the way down the line. It's going to be hard enough to prove anything, unless he did something really stupid like leaving a gas can around with his fingerprints on it. Then again, he may already have. If we can find that bullet that hit you and match it up to the gun, then..." He let the sentence hang while he used his radio and asked for a forensic team to be dispatched.

The other cop appeared at the door and said, "I took a good look around and whoever did this seems to be gone."

"Ok," said the first cop. "Drive back to the gate and direct the ambulance down here, also there's going to be a forensics team here shortly. Send them on down, when they get here. You'll have to show them where you went so they can discount your tracks and such. No one else is to be allowed in here and I do mean no one. This is to be handled on a state level." The second cop nodded and left.

Mary was sitting on the arm of the couch and suddenly she asked, "What about the Judge? He won't let anything happen to Bill, he'll protect him as usual."

The state cop looked at her and grinned, "Arson and attempted murder are state matters and out of the Judge's hands. The main reason I sent the other officer to the gate was to keep Bill's Uncle, the sheriff, out of here. We've had complaints of both assault and battery, and harassment filed against Bill; but for some reason or another, they have all been dropped. He went way too far this time, and I'm not going to take any chances with his Uncle screwing this investigation up. You can bet that there will be a couple of detectives with the forensic team. We don't like cops like Bill; he makes the rest of us look bad, and he's screwing up our public relations. We want him as bad as you do."

Mary nodded and said, "Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear."

The EMT's arrived and started to work on me about then. It took them a very short time to have me on a gurney and in the ambulance. Karen decided that she and Mary would follow me to the hospital. I was glad; I really didn't want them out there at night by themselves, and I was also glad of the company.

At the hospital, Karen used my license to check me into emergency. She also listed herself as next of kin, so when they finally quit poking and prodding me, they let her and Mary come back and visit for a few minutes. As they walked in the door, Mary asked, "How are you feeling?"

I grinned through the drugs they had given me and said, "Not bad, not bad at all." I glanced over at Karen and she leaned over to kiss me. I told her, "You better not do that; all the nurses would be in here wondering why my heart monitor is running wild." She grinned and kissed me anyway.

As she stood up, she said, "Talk about screwing up a girl's sex life. You sure did find a way to do it, didn't you? First, you get yourself shot and now you're wired for sound. What's a girl to do?"

I chuckled and this time it didn't hurt. "That's all right, even if I wasn't all wired up, it wouldn't do you any good. I don't know what drugs they have me on but wow; am I flying or what?"

Mary laughed and said, "For a drug dealer, you sure don't handle drugs too well, do you?" When I just grinned at her, she laughed again.

Karen took my hand and said, "That's ok, I'll live; but just remember, you owe me." When I just kept grinning at her, she added, "We need to get out of here and let you rest."

I blinked a couple of times and yawned, then I said, "There's money in my wallet, use it and get a motel room here in town. I don't want you back down at the place until I can go there with you. If all is well in the morning, I was told they would release me."

Karen smiled and squeezed my hand, "You don't worry about us, we'll be right here until they let you go. I love you and you're mine, so there."

A warm fuzzy feeling had been slowly flowing over me; I nodded and squeezed her hand back.

A nurse woke me up to take my temperature and blood pressure the next morning around six. It took a few minutes for my brain to come up to speed and for me to figure out where I was and why. It all came back in a flood and I tried to get out of bed. The nurse firmly told me to lie back down and behave. The pain in my side and the general weakness I felt did more to convince me than she did. As she started to leave the room, I asked, "When will they release me?"

She said, "That's up to the Doctor and he won't be in until around nine."

By nine, I was just about bored out of my mind. I had tried napping but had very little, if any, luck. There was a TV on the wall at the foot of my bed but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on and hadn't wanted to bother the nurses. I was just about to ring the nurse, when Karen walked in. "Am I glad to see you!" I said, with a big smile.

With a smile of her own, she replied, "Well, good morning to you too. Either you're very bored or you really do love me."

I grinned and said, "Both. And now that you are here, my day is made."

She sat on the edge of the bed and leaned over to kiss me. Without the drugs working in my system, I kissed her back with one of our toe curling kisses. By the time it ended, she was laying on the bed next to me.

Suddenly the door opened and a nurse looked in, she frowned as she saw Karen on the bed. "Is there a problem?" I asked, looking at the nurse over Karen's shoulder.

The nurse paused a second and said, "Uh, no, not really, but your heart rate went up and I came to check on you. I see that you're in good hands though, so I'll leave. Just remember that you still have the monitor on." She grinned as her head disappeared out the door.

Karen laughed and gave me a peck on the lips before she sat back up. "All men should come with one of those, and then we women would know where we stand at all times."

I chuckled and took her hand, pressing it to the sheet above my hard shaft. "We do come with an indicator, see."

Karen laughed and gave me a gentle squeeze. "Hmmm, so you do." She squeezed again and said, "I wonder what that other monitor would do if I jumped your bones right now?"

With a laugh I replied, "I'd end up paying for the damn thing when it exploded and then there would be several nurses in here, all pissed off. We'd get interrupted again as usual."

Karen nodded and then chuckled, before she said, "That sounds about right. In that case, would you like the good news or the better news?"

"How can I lose? Let's start with the good news," I said, as I wondered what she was talking about.

"Nobody from the local sheriffs department ever showed up at the place last night and they found Bill at his Uncle's house. An empty gasoline can was in the back of his truck along with some quart glass bottles. Stupid, huh? The better news is that they found the bullet that hit you, lodged in the back cushion of the couch. I was told that it matched Bill's service revolver. Even stupider. He's now in jail and charged with two counts of arson and one count of attempted murder while in the commission of a felony. Whatever that last part means," she said in a rush.

"It means he will be in jail for a long time. When did you find all that out?" I asked.

"Mary and I went to get you some clothes to wear home and one of the detectives was still there. He told us about Bill and asked if you were still at the hospital. I told him you were here but expected to be released today. He took my statement and Mary's and now he wants yours. We're to stop by the state police office on the way back home."

When I asked where Mary was, she continued with a big grin, "She's at the house packing some more of our stuff. How does it feel to be invaded by two women?"

I laughed and pulled her down for another kiss. As I let her go, I said, "I love it as a matter of fact, and I love you too."

The door opened and the same nurse came in shaking her head, "Ok, you two, enough is enough. I'm taking the monitor off you before you break it." Karen and I both cracked up. The nurse stared at us for moment and then just shook her head as she took the leads off me. As she headed back to the door, she turned to Karen and grinned, "You're either a great kisser or one lucky woman."

"Both!" Karen answered with a big smile as I answered, "And I'm the luckiest guy in the world because she's mine." Karen turned and kissed me again. I never noticed when the nurse left or really cared. I was too wrapped up in Karen to wonder or worry about it.

A few minutes before twelve, the Doctor came in and checked the wound. The nurse changed the dressing and told me to get dressed. The Doctor had released me and as soon as the paperwork was done, I could leave.

Karen grinned as soon as the nurse left and handed me a bag with my clothes in it. "I brought your other shorts and a tee shirt. I figured Levis would be too tight on your wound. By the way, I modified the shorts a little; I removed the built in underwear. I also stopped by the house and picked up something for you to wear under the shorts. I wouldn't want you to have any fallout problems," she said and then chuckled.

I looked questioningly at her as I reached into the bag, "I hope it isn't a pair of your panties. I had underwear in the dresser draw in the bedroom," I said with a grin, as I pulled the clothes out of the bag.

"Not like this!" she said with a laugh.

As the shirt and shorts came out of the bag, something small and black fell to the bed next to me. I picked up the small piece of cloth and untangled it. It looked like a small pair of T-back panties with narrow elastic straps. The material in front was cupped far more than a woman would need and I laughed as I grabbed the elastic in one hand and the pouch in the other and stretched it out. "Hey, what kind of sling shot is this? It ain't got a handle."

With a grin Karen said, "Oh, you have to supply the handle, dear." Then she ran her hand over the spot in the sheets where my manhood was. "I just hope it's big enough, you're better endowed, shall we say, than my husband was."

Returning her grin I said, "If you don't kiss or touch me, everything will be all right; but as soon as you do, all bets will be off. This thing will go 'Sprong!' and all hell will break lose."

She laughed and said, "Oh yeah, so who says I'm going to let it get soft enough for you to get that thing on in the first place?" She leaned over and kissed me long and hard, pun intended.

As I got dressed, I found that moving was actually helping the pain in my side. It was down to more of a burning sensation by the time the nurse showed up with a clipboard full of papers for me to sign and a thick stack of prescriptions and detailed instructions on the care of my wound. After another half hour wait, another nurse showed up with a wheelchair and I finally got the hell out of there.

Karen had her truck waiting in the parking lot and drove me to the police station. After an hour with the detectives, they had my version of what happened, and it closely matched what Karen and Mary had already told them. The detectives also filled me in on what had happened with Bill, and added some details that Karen hadn't heard.

It seems that Bill had cut the fence down the road from the house, drove his truck down an old gas line right of way, and then parked on the road behind the barn. The tire tracks matched his truck perfectly. He had fire bombed the house and had stood in the edge of the woods near the barn and watched us trying to put it out. When he realized that we were going to save the house, he had bombed the barn, or maybe he had bombed the barn to draw me away from the women. On that point, they were not too sure. At any rate, in the end, Bill had walked up near the cabins and from there he had taken a shot at me. The angle of the bullet and its resting place in the couch confirmed his position at the time of the shooting. A boot print in a section of soft soil under one of the trees matched his cowboy boots. All in all, they had his ass nailed to the tree, as one of the detectives put it.

"If he was a cop and had police training, then why was he so stupid? Didn't he think that anyone would notice that I had been shot and that the fires were deliberate?" I asked, as we got ready to leave.

One of the detectives said, "He denies having anything to do with anything that happened at your place. According to him, he was playing poker with his Uncle and three other people from mid-afternoon that day, until almost midnight. Even after we told him about all the evidence we had, he still says it was a drug deal gone bad. He said that his tracks and the truck track were from a few days before, when he was out there; that he had reports of your drug activity and was keeping you under surveillance."

I laughed and told the officer, "I only signed the paperwork to buy that place on Thursday and moved out there Friday morning. No one except my lawyer even knew I had bought the place. I think Bill's going to need a much better story, don't you?"

The detectives looked at each other and then grinned, "According to him, you've been out there from time to time over the last six months. We didn't know when you started living there but now that we do, I think we'll have another little talk with our fellow officer. We'll need to contact your lawyer of course and verify this first."

I gave them the name, and phone number of my lawyer and told them he would be back in his office on Tuesday morning. I also told them that I had already talked to him about Bill's harassment of the women and his trespassing on my place, and that he had planned on us talking to the Judge in chambers on Tuesday about the matter.

One of the detectives chuckled and said, "I don't think that will be necessary now."

The other detective turned to Karen and asked, "Do you by any chance have that list of complaints about your store with you?" When Karen said, "Yes," and started digging in her purse, he grinned and said, "Good! I think on Monday morning I'm going to have one of the head health inspectors go back over your place, if you don't mind. I want to compare what he finds with what's on this list. We might have a little cleaning up to do at the health department."

Karen and I ate a late lunch at one of the local restaurants before we headed for home. It took a half of a glass of water for me to swallow all the pills that the Doctor had prescribed. As I was taking the last one, Karen chuckled and said, "I'm glad those detectives aren't around, with all those pills on you, you could be a drug dealer." I had to agree with her on that.

After we ordered, Karen paused and sat there next to me in the boot, and just looked at me for several seconds. With a smile, she said, "You said that you were going to change things around in this county and I think you've made a good start. What's next? Are you going to run for mayor or maybe governor?"

I laughed and leaned over slowly to kiss her. After I sat back, I took a deep breath and said, "Nope. I'm going to marry you and live happily ever after on a nudist ranch." Karen's mouth dropped open and her eyes got big. "What? You don't want to live on a nudist ranch?" I asked with a grin.

She blinked a couple of times and swallowed hard before she said, "That sounds just fine to me." After a second or two, "Uh, about this marriage thing; I don't remember being asked, but the answer is 'yes' anyhow." She said it with a smile as she leaned over and kissed me gently on the lips.

As she started to sit back, I turned slightly in the seat, grabbed the back of her head with my right hand, pulled her lips to mine, and kissed her right. Long and hard, in one of our more normal, toe curling kisses.

When we parted, she grinned and said, "Wait until I get you home, I think we're going to start the honeymoon early. How does that sound?"

I grinned back at her and said, "You'll have to be gentle for a while, I'm an injured man remember. I'll need a lot of nursing and babying."

She laughed and replied, "I'll baby you!" She glanced around the sparsely populated restaurant and added, "If we weren't in public right now, I'd stick a nipple in your mouth and nurse you."

Now it was my turn to laugh, "As sensitive as your nipples are, you'd make enough noise to wake the dead." A thought hit me and asked with a grin, "How did you ever nurse Mary without cumming? I'll bet you stayed horny twenty four, seven, didn't you?"

She grinned and replied, "Who said I didn't, and yes I was! Hubby loved it, but I almost killed him there for a while. He finally told me I had to put her on a bottle, or he wanted a divorce. I don't understand what the problem was; Mary was only four at the time." She ended with a big grin at her own joke.

I laughed and just shook my head, "No wonder you two bonded so well." I glanced around the room quickly and then leaned forward to kiss her again. As I did, I cupped her left breast and gave it a light squeeze. The thin material of the peasant blouse she wore suddenly had an even harder little tent in it. As I brushed my palm over her nipple a shiver ran through her body, and she pressed the breast harder to my hand. When I sat back, I looked down at the small tents in the material and grinned.

Karen dropped her hand to the front of my shorts and rubbed the hard bulge there, a grin spreading over her face. "I didn't hear a 'Sprong' but I should have." She was going to say something else but the waitress showed up with our food.

Our small talk over the meal and on the way home was about the future; and a rosy future it looked to be.

All the way home, I teased Karen as she drove. I would alternately caress her nipples and breasts through the peasant blouse or her thighs and legs under the wide flared skirt she wore. By the time we reached the dirt road leading to the place, she had her left foot up on the dash, the skirt pooled up high on her hips and the blouse down around her waist. My fingertips would brush lightly over her very hard, puckered nipples and she'd shiver. When my fingers brushed against her flaming red bush or along the smooth skin of her outer lips, she would whimper and bite her lower lip.