What Was I Thinking? The Beginning Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Coming out of the guest room, I walked past Jason's door, just as he was coming out of his bathroom wrapped in a towel.

"Hey, Craig come in here for minute would you?"

He had Tool blaring on his stereo and I could just barely hear him. I couldn't believe he was listening to one of my favorite bands. Jason was certainly much younger than me but clearly we had the same taste in music.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked, coming in.

He didn't answer, he just turned the music down to a dull roar and walked over to his desk and pulled out a small pipe and a bag of weed.

"You smoke?"

"No. I mean, I did at one time, but I haven't for a very long time." I stammered.

"Well, maybe you should give it a second chance." He smiled.

Jason had been smiling at me from the moment he laid eyes on me and that made me a little uncomfortable. I knew that look. It was how I imagined that I must look like when I'm interested in someone.

With those large pale brown eyes and perfectly formed lips, I could certainly see that he was Andrew's son. The same perfectly sculpted cheek bones, same strong, square jaw line and perfectly straight nose.

His dark curly hair was a little longer than his dad's but neatly cut. This is surely what Andrew must've looked like as young man. And the sight of his strong young body, clad only in a towel was starting to get to me.

Jason really shouldn't be putting the moves on me. He is my friend's son for crying out loud!

Here's the thing though. His flirtation made me smile too. I found myself grinning back at him. All of a sudden I felt like he was my best friend. Exactly the same reaction that you feel with "Mr. Smiley Glad-hands" salesmen. So my defenses went up. I tried my hardest to remain indifferent to him.

He packed a bowl and offered it to me.

"Uh, where's you father?" I asked, a little flustered.

"Oh, don't worry about dad, he's got a ton of meetings today. That's why I was supposed to meet you at the airport." He said, putting the hookah in my hand and searched for a lighter. "I really am sorry about not making it this morning."

"Oh don't worry about it." I said.

He found a lighter he came back over to me and instead of handing it to me, he lit it and held my hands while flaming the bowl.

I took a deep toke and held it.

"That's the chronic." He informed me. "You'll be feeling it before you know it."

I really had no idea what he meant by "the chronic". I'm not really sure that I want to know either. I guess I'm just not as hip as I used to be.

Once again, I couldn't help staring at him as he took the pipe from me and smoked. His face looked so young to me but he behaved like we were peers.

Almost immediately after I breathed out the smoke I was feeling the effects. I couldn't take my eyes off the little trial of hair that ran down the center of his abs and disappeared into the towel wrapped around his waist. I was high now and I knew it.

"You know I read your book." He said matter-of-factly.

"Did you?" I asked.

There hadn't been a great response to my book, "Shadow Life", by anyone, readers or critics. In fact I'd thought it had gone completely unnoticed.

"Yeah, I found the homoerotic imagery very interesting." He said taking a long draw on the hookah.

"Homo- what now?" I asked blinking and shaking my head in disbelief.

"Well, I just felt that your protagonist, while extremely masculine, was a little obsessive in his observations of the other male characters." He said, eyeing my very closely, perhaps to gauge my reaction.

"Being observant don't necessarily indicate sexual orientation." I pointed out to him. "I find that it's the things that strike our fancy that we observe most intensely and are therefore able to describe in the most intricate detail, don't you? I mean, I could describe in minute detail what a Bengal tiger looks like, but that doesn't mean that I want to sleep with one."

I just stared at him for a long moment, wondering how best to proceed here. Also my head was spinning a bit.

He was still staring at me quietly, as if the last thing I'd said didn't satisfy him. I'd already nearly forgotten what the hell he was talking about. Something about my book being gay. Or was it the other way around? Did he think it was anti gay. Damn, I was so high.

So I quoted the stock platitude that I gave to almost everyone because it seemed that I couldn't remember precisely what he'd said.

"Well, as with virtually any type of art, the subject matter is highly subjective." I said with a practiced smile. "Its up to the reader to interpret the story as they will."

His face broke into a wide toothy grin. Then he laughed out loud and shook his head.

"Yeah", he said still grinning, "nicely done."

I wasn't sure if he was referring to the book or my evasive maneuvering. Either way, I just smiled back at him.

I watched his hand as he seemed to be adjusting his equipment through the towel which was now only loosely secured around his naked body.

"Well, in any case, it's a very cool story. I recommended it to all of my friends. They all agree that it's a great story as well."

"I'm glad you liked it." I smiled. "Hell, I'm astonished that anyone even read it."

Of course I had sent his father a signed copy. But since I hadn't gotten any feedback, I'd just assumed that he'd not gotten around to reading it. But clearly Jason had.

Jason was busy now loading another bowl and I couldn't keep my eyes off him. That thick, shiny, black hair, those beautiful eyes and now I suddenly realized that he had a tattoo on the inside of his upper left forearm, just below the bend of his elbow. It appeared to be the Roman numeral three. Just three rather ornate columns, side by side, but very precisely done. My imagination ran wild trying to figure out what it might mean.

I started to notice little things about him, like the fullness of his lips, the thickness of his eyebrows and the simple innocence of his facial expression when he seemed not to be thinking of anything at all.

I could feel my dick throbbing as my eyes roamed over his lean and but well muscled torso and down to his ribbed and slightly hairy little stomach. I wanted desperately to see where that little trail of hair went just below his towel.

When I drew in a sharp breath, he looked up at me and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little high." I blurted, before I had a chance filter my response.

Jason laughed and said, "Just a little, eh?"

I laughed too.

"Well, here smoke this and you'll be a lot high."

There was that charming little smile again.

"No thanks." I said.

"So how much of 'Shadow Life' actually happened?" He asked.

"What?"

"Yeah, your book?" He said. "Even works of fiction have some elements of truth to them."

Suddenly his towel popped open and there it was, he semi erect penis standing out from his body and pointing downward at the floor. I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was quite thick and pretty long. One could only imagine what it looked like at full mast.

When I looked up at him, his eyes were locked onto mine. Clearly he'd seen me staring at his dong. He put down the pipe and walked over to me.

I watched as hand went to stroke his member and the other hand went behind neck. It all seemed to be happening in slow motion. The next thing I know, Jason had his tongue inside my mouth. I was completely immobilized and still not quite sure that it was actually happening.

After all, I could have been hallucinating. But there was no real evidence to support that theory. It was really happening.

Then I felt his hand sliding along my fully erect cock which was snaking down my thigh inside my trousers. My head was spinning and I was terribly horny. I was only vaguely aware of the fact that neither us had closed our eyes and were staring into each other's eyes as his tongue played over mine.

I grabbed his upper arms and pulled him back away from my face.

"Dude? What are you doing?" I asked.

He never even blinked and before I knew it, Jason was crouched in front of me and had my dick out. With both hands palming and squeezing my butt cheeks, he took as much of my cock into his mouth as he could. His mouth was scorching hot and wet.

I just couldn't seem to react fast enough to prevent this from happening. There was Jason, squatting down in front of me with my hard cock wedged between his beautiful lips. I see could his ample member jutting straight out between his strong thighs.

Almost as if on cue, the doorbell rang. I pulled his head back and he stood up straight. His full lips were awash with saliva. And his eyes were still gleaming.

Quickly he found a pair of shorts and pulled on a t-shirt. I was still exposed and just watching him.

"Can you put that away?" He asked calmly.

Immediately I fixed myself up as Jason ran down to answer the door.

The front door was far enough away that I couldn't tell who was there. I got a little manic thinking that it might be Andrew. It didn't occur to me that Andrew wouldn't be ringing his own doorbell. I quietly sneaked back to the guest room.

"Craig?" Jason yelled up to me. "Can you come down here please?"

"Oh shit", I thought. I didn't want to see anyone while I was still so high. I put on my sunglasses and went downstairs.

I was relieved to see a beautiful young blond woman standing there with Jason.

"Craig, I have someone who would like to meet you." He said, enthusiastically waving me over.

"Hi!" She beamed.

"This is Nicole, she is your biggest fan." Jason said. "She just raves about your book."

"Mr. Brooks", she extended her hand, "Its an honor to meet you."

"Please call me Craig." I insisted, shaking her hand.

After a few minutes of conversation and having autographed her copy of "Shadow Life", I could see that Nicole and Jason were a couple.

She was a very bright and beautiful young woman. Nicole seemed exactly like the type of gorgeous young female that should be Jason's woman. They were so perfect together that it made me nauseous.

Later, when Andrew called to see if I'd gotten in alright I was sleeping. It was Jason who'd come up to my room and gave me the phone.

"Its dad." He said handing me the phone.

I was to meet Andrew at the tailor's shop in half an hour.

Jason and Nicole dropped me off there. Andrew greeted me with a mighty bear hug and a hardy hello.

"Damn, its good to see you kiddo!" He boomed.

"Good to see you too." I smiled.

He hadn't changed much since the last time I'd seen him a few years ago. Except for a few more gray hairs Andrew still looked the same. Studly as ever and still sexy as hell.

"Where's Jason?" He asked.

"Oh, he said that he and Nicole had some errands to run, so they dropped me off."

"Right." Andrew smirked.

While I was being fitted for the custom made tux Andrew had, had commissioned for me, he admired his own in the mirror. He was having the finishing touches done to his own while we caught up on each other's lives.

Then he honored me by asking me to be his best man.

"What can I say, I'm extremely flattered that you'd even consider me." I said. "But don't you think you should ask Jason?"

"Hmm, the kid's a slacker." Andrew grumbled. "I don't think he'd accept even if I did ask him."

As we talked, I found out that Andrew was very angry about the fact that Jason had dropped out of grad school and had no real plans about what he would do with the rest of his life.

"You should ask him anyway." I insisted. "If he says no, I'll be glad to do it. Just ask him first."

"Alright, here's the thing Craig. Jason resents almost every woman that I become involved with. He simply won't do it. That kid is stubborn as hell."

"In which case, you know you can count on me. But you'll ask him right?"

Clearly, I'd touched a sore point. And I could see Andrew's patience was wearing thin. Then he wheeled on the tailor who was attending to me and barked at him.

"You'll have this done by close of business tomorrow?" He sternly instructed more than asked.

"Yes, of course sir. He replied.

"Excellent."

Now that I think about, for as long as I've know Andrew, I don't really ever remember him talking much about Jason. Its difficult to comprehend the complexities of a father, son relationship, so I didn't even try.

Later, we went to Andrew's club to meet his fiancee for drinks. She was absolutely stunning as I might have expected. She looked about my age, more or less. Great body and very sweet. Andrew certainly knew how to pick them.

The next day, after rehearsing the actual ceremony there was the rehearsal dinner. Jason had shown up just as we'd finished rehearsing the ceremony and were on our way to dinner. He and Nicole were all smiles and apologies.

Before dinner I excused myself to the men's room to wash my hands. Andrew came with. Once again standing next to him at a urinal Andrew made clear to me his discontentment with Jason. He also explained a little more about the tension between himself and his son.

Jason's mother had died when he was very young, so I understood his resentment towards all of Andrew's choices in women. For the rest of his life, he'd probably never approve of any of them.

When we got back to table, I glanced at Jason. I suspected that he was probably high or a little drunk. Or both. Either way it was not my business.

"I can't believe you did that." He said to me in a hushed tone.

"What?" I asked him innocently and just as quietly.

"You know what!" He shot me a terrible look. "You asked him to make me his best man."

Jason was sitting to my right and Andrew on my left at the head of the table where he seemed like some sort of royal patriarch presiding over his court. He looked extremely happy. And I was very glad for him.

"Yes, I did." I whispered, more than a little irritated.

Leaning over close to me, Jason whispered, "Listen, it would be a shame if anyone were to make a mockery out of this wedding. And I know you love my father too much to let that happen. So I suggest that you get me out this. You never know what might happen otherwise." His hand was squeezing my thigh under the table.

"Done!" I agreed.

Then he sat up straight, chuckling just a little as he glanced at me. I shot him a humorless grin.

"What're you too conspiring about over there?" Andrew laughed.

"Oh, nothing." Jason said. "I was just telling Craig about all the women who were asking about him and pointing out who he had the best shot with. That's all."

"Don't be crude Jason." The future Mrs. Wyndham said.

For a second I thought Jason was going fling his steak knife at her forehead by the way he was sneering at her.

She and Andrew both just sort of glared at him.

"Of course." He said, rather curtly. He bowed his head mockingly and turned to speak with Nicole.

Two day later, after the actual ceremony, I rode with Jason and Nicole to the reception hall of Andrew's club. And after the requisite toast I proceed to get a little tipsy. I needed to relieve some of the anxiety that had been building in me since this whole affair had begun.

Soon I found myself mingling and having a pretty good time. I wound up dancing with some girl whose name I'd completely forgotten almost immediately after she'd said it. I found her extremely attractive so I turned on the charm a bit.

This is always how I get myself into trouble with women. Once I get a buzz going I seem to turn into some sort of Lothario, then I find that I can't get away from them later. It's the same thing with guys too, but I'm much more careful in those cases. If I don't get the appropriate reaction from a guy, its easy enough to turn it off.

As I slow danced with what's-her-name, I noticed a very attractive guy dancing with the bride. At first I could only glimpse his profile, and then a good look at him from behind. I danced my partner around at a pace that would afford me the perfect timing to get a full on look at this stud's face.

"Is that a banana in your pocket? Or are you just really enjoying this dance?" What's-her-name said into my ear.

I realized that I had a full erection that was pressed up against her as we danced.

Just then his face came into view and I recognized him immediately. It was the guy from the airplane. The one I'd met in the lavatory. He looked directly at me, winked and smiled. I almost had a stroke right there.

"Excuse me for a moment, won't you sweetie." I told my dance partner as I more or less fled to the men's room.

After taking a moment to calm myself down, I used the facilities and tried to figure out what the hell that guy was doing here. Then I came to the conclusion that I didn't really care, so I finished up and headed out, figuring I could avoid him, whoever he was.

No such luck. He was standing just outside the doors that led into reception hall.

"Howdy." He nodded a quick hello as I came abreast of him.

"Hi yourself." I responded.

He thrust his hand out to me and for a second I simply stared at it. Then I reached out and shook it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, honestly perplexed.

Before he could answer, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"There you are." Andrew said. "Oh, I see you've Cameron."

"Uh, well..." I stammered.

"We were just getting acquainted." Cameron interrupted me. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Craig, this Cameron, my wife's younger brother." Andrew formally introduced us. "Oh, it completely slipped my mind, but you two are practically neighbors."

I was confused. It must have clear from the expression on my face.

As it turns out, Cameron lives right in LA.

"So how's sport's medicine treating you Cam?" Andrew inquired.

"Oh not bad, not bad at all." He answered. "How the world of business treating you?"

"Demanding as ever. Listen, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I need to steal Craig away for a few minutes." Andrew apologized. "I'm sure you two can get better acquainted later."

"I'm sure." Cameron said. "Nice to meeting you Craig."

"Likewise." I intoned as Andrew ushered me away.

"Listen, we're about to sneak out of here and get going to the airport. I just wanted to say thanks for being here and I want you to stay at the house as long as you like."

Jason seemed to appeared out of nowhere in front of us.

"Good, I'm glad you're here." Andrew said to him, placing his hand on Jason's shoulder. "I was just telling Craig to stay at the house as long as he wanted. Hopefully some of him will rub off you."

"Yeah, hopefully." Jason smiled, playfully slugging me on the shoulder.

"Alright boys." Andrew smiled and wrapped an arm around each of our necks and hugged us close. "I'll be back in three weeks or so."

"Okay dad, have a good time." Jason said.

After Andrew's departure Jason stuck close to me.

"Hey, I'm sorry about all that best man business before." He said.

"Forget about it man, I already have." I told him.

Actually, I hadn't.

"I knew there was reason that I liked you." He smiled. "And speaking of liking you, I see one of your admirers closing in fast."

I looked around to see What's-her-name coming over to us.

"Oh shit." I said. "Are you ready to get out of here?"

"I'm way ahead of you." He laughed. "But its too late to just bolt, let me handle this."

"There you are." She said, caressing my shoulder seductively. "I've been looking all over for you."

"Yes and there you are." I smiled back at her.

"Oh hell, I almost forgot." Jason said, interrupting. "Dad wanted me to make sure that you took care of that little situation right away."

"Well, duty calls." I said smiling at her.

With that little bit of subterfuge done, Jason, Nicole and I were all headed out to the parking lot. But not before Karen, that was her name, had made sure that she'd written down her number and pressed it into my hand.