In the Year of Our Lord, 1684

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She then touched her right nipple with her left index finger, but it was not nearly as sensitive as the left. Sinking down once again in the water, Ingrid began to massage her left nipple to see what would happen. The effect was amazing as wonderful little sensations invaded her, tickling her between her legs and almost centering where she urinated.

This went on for several minutes as she discovered that her breathing had quickened and was a bit ragged. She stopped to calm herself, yet she yearned to continue. Her thoughts of Gregor returned and she wondered what it would be like if he would touch her there. Another shiver went through her as the thought of him touching her naked breast thrilled her. It was then when she remembered the feelings she sometimes received when she washed her most private area.

She had basic knowledge of how a husband and wife created a baby, yet that was very little. She had an idea of what a penis was supposed to look like, but she did not know how it functioned or how it was used in reproduction. Since she was married, Ingrid thought about asking Maria when she visited, but she dashed that thought when she was sure her sister would laugh at her and make fun of her lack of knowledge. Plus, Ingrid still had not forgotten about Maria's interlude with Gregor. Asking Helga was out of the question since proper girls did not speak of such things even with their mother in private, unless the mother herself brought up the subject.

Slowly, Ingrid reached forward and touched herself where she had felt the sensations before. A stronger sensation greeted her and she held her breath from the shock. Knowing she was doing something her mother disprove of made it all the more pleasurable. She reached down again and found where the sensations were emanating. Pleasant little waves swept through her as her hand covered a little nub just above where she urinated.

Her breath became ragged and the water splashed slightly as she continued to rub herself beneath the water. The sensations were coming stronger and she knew she should stop, but she could not until she found where this journey would lead. Instinctively, she opened her legs and the waves of pleasure continued to roll through her.

By then, the splashing was becoming louder and she gritted her teeth as her personal passion became more intense. Her mind and body were playing a game of tug-a-war as her mind kept telling her to stop while her body screamed for more. She did not know what was happening to her, but she did not care. Whatever was happening to her felt too good to be bad, although in the back of her mind, she was surely going to Hades because of it.

Within minutes, her body reached a crescendo of which she had never experienced. Without warning, orgasmic spasms racked her body, causing her to cry out in pleasure and fright. Quickly, she clamped her mouth shut with her left hand as her right continued to rub between her legs. Never in her life had she felt such pleasure and yet, she still did not know what it was. Ingrid only knew she did not want it to stop anytime soon. The contractions continued for several wonderful seconds before they calmed down and became gentle waves. A warm, glowing feeling settled underneath her hand as she relaxed her tense body. She was sweating above the water and her heart was still racing from her excursion.

Presently, there was a knock on the door and the servant girl called, "Your Highness, are you all right?"

Ingrid waited several seconds to regain her composure before answering. "I am fine," she replied in a calm voice. "I slipped a little and it frightened me. I will be finished soon."

"Yes, Your Highness." Ingrid heard the soft footsteps of the girl walk away.

"My goodness," Ingrid sighed softly to herself, "I wonder whatthatwas." She then smiled to herself and thought there was one more part of her Gregor could touch. And to her complete and utter surprise, another shiver went through her.

Ingrid practically attacked Gregor when they had their first time alone upon her return. Throwing her arms around his neck, Ingrid showered him with kisses and refused to stop.

Finally extracting himself from her grasp, Gregor laughed and hugged her. "I guess I need not ask if you missed me."

"More than you can ever imagine," she replied while tears began to form in the corners of her eyes. "But," she sighed, "soon, we will be married and we will never be apart again."

"That is a wonderful thought."

"Did you miss me?" she asked.

"Every second from the moment you left," he answered. "How is your family?"

And so, they talked and caught up with their lives since their last letters. Maria had written to her mother several times since her marriage, but had not asked about Ingrid nor had she written to her. Ingrid felt it was for the best and perhaps someday, they would be on more civilized terms. Maria and Phillippe had be invited to their wedding, but Ingrid was uncertain as to whether or not they would attend. As they soon found, nothing really new had happened since their last letters.

Marta and Xenia were making preparations for their own weddings which were to take place the following year. Since Gregor had no one to help with his wedding, they took charge as they had for their father's funeral. In fact, most of the groundwork was in place; the flowers, food, drinks, banners, flags, and music had all been taken care of. Invitations had been sent and more than half had responded. Everything appeared to be in line and Helga, Ingrid, and the sisters were to have many meetings during the week to ensure everything was just so.

Work had already begun to convert one of the master suites into a bedroom for Gregor and Ingrid. Although most royal partners had separate bedrooms during these times, Ingrid insisted they would share a room. The topic came up in one of his letters to her and she hastily wrote back and was adamant about the sleeping arrangement. Although a little confused since his parents never shared a room, Gregor quickly agreed and had Ingrid's plans put into motion. She was pleased with the room chosen for one full wall was nothing but windows which overlooked the garden.

"You see, my love, it is exactly as you asked," he said with a sweeping motion of his hand as they toured it.

"It will be perfect," she gushed.

With all of the preparations and Gregor's own affairs to attend, their time together was somewhat sparse, much to their disappointment. It seemed as if only a day or two had gone by when their week ended. They made sure, however, to spend most of their last day together and this helped immensely when the time for Ingrid to depart one last time came upon them.

Ingrid was not nearly as sad as she had been in August as she was confident in the fact she would be returning shortly for her wedding. The next time she saw him, she would be disembarking the day before they would become husband and wife and that was certainly something to which she could forward.

The evening before her departure, they strolled through the garden hand in hand after their dinner. Gregor had asked her if she wished for a carriage ride, which they had often indulged, but Ingrid felt she needed to be closer to him and away from others.

"Three short weeks, my love, and we will be married. I pray the days go by quickly," he said.

"As busy as I am going to be, it will fly by in a wink of an eye," Ingrid replied. In her mind, she certainly hoped so. There were so many preparations for her to make besides the wedding itself; mostly having her possessions transported from Kesse to Ruudania and other such things. The first shipment would probably arrive within a week or two after her return to Kesse. The second shipment would come with her upon her return.

"It will be very strange sharing a bed with you," Gregor said. Ingrid looked at him quizzically. "I mean," he hastily added, " I have never shared a bed withanyonebefore. I am certain I will not sleep well our first few nights."

"I will be very nervous," Ingrid said. "It will be the same for me." She looked down at her shoes and blushed slightly, thinking about her time in the bathtub. She had not touched herself since, but often imagined being under the covers and letting Gregor's hands roam.

"Are you all right?" Gregor asked.

"Oh, I was just thinking about our first night together. I hope I am a good wife for you in every way."

"Of course you will be a good wife for me. How could you think anything else?"

"I, I," she stammered, "I know nothing of how to please a man. Maybe I will not be able to please you in a way a wife should."

"I love you, Ingrid. How could you not please me? You already please me very much." He was perplexed at her meaning.

Embarrassed, Ingrid whispered, "In ourbed, my love. I do not know if I will please you in our bed."

Gregor's eyes widened and then he chuckled. "I believe we have discussed this before. We will teach each other and then we will have to practice. We may have to practice many times." He smiled and raised an eyebrow.

Ingrid giggled and squeezed his hand. "Oh, I know I should like to practice with you. I cannot wait."

"Really?"

A little shiver went through her as she thought of him touching her. Smiling at hm, she said seriously, "I am certain of it."

Throughout the week, he too, had begun to look at Ingrid in a more desiring way, wishing to be able to touch her and be touched in ways only a husband and wife could know. Yes, he had heard of men and women who had lain with each other before or without any intention of marriage. It was quite a scandalous act and no man in his position could think of doing such a thing. Yet, the thought of seeing his dear, sweet Ingrid without any clothes made his penis rigid and would show an embarrassing bulge where no decent person should see. Luckily, these carnal thoughts invaded his mind usually upon reading a letter from her or thinking of her in private.

Occasionally, Ingrid would wear a low cut dress that would expose the top of her modest bosom and it would send his thoughts racing. Sometimes, he was unable to keep his thoughts in check and he would have to excuse himself for a few minutes before he felt comfortable enough to return. Ingrid would be puzzled at his sudden departure, but he always apologized afterward and she thought nothing of it.

He was quite serious when he said they would have to teach each other in their bed, because he knew very little about sexual relations between a man and a woman. Doubts crossed his mind as he hoped he would be able to please her as well.

They resumed their stroll and talked in generalities about their impending nuptials and Ingrid's small coronation ceremony which would follow. She had already picked out a tiara to wear which had been Katrina's upon her wedding day to Aleksander. Gregor had already explained the ceremony to her and it seemed simple enough.

They sat down on a bench and were quiet for a few minutes, each in thought over what was to transpire in the next few weeks. Ingrid still found it hard to believe that in seven short months since their first correspondence, they were to be married and live together forever. So much had happened in that time frame. For a time, she was apprehensive at the prospect of marriage and all of the responsibility she would assume as queen of Ruudania, yet, as she got to know Gregor, nothing else mattered except to be with him forever. Now, as the time neared, she felt more at peace than at any other time. If they could somehow find a way to marry then and there and simply do without the pomp and circumstance, she would become his wife that very second. Alas, that could not be so. Their wedding belonged to all of Ruudania and all Ruudanians needed to have a part in it. She realized it was a special time for the entire country, especially since it was still trying to accept Gregor as their king after his father's reign. Aleksander went through the same thing when Ivan died. A royal wedding would help smooth the transition and she understood this.

It was beginning to turn dark and air was cooling when they decided to return to the castle. It had come to a point in the relationship where words did not need to be spoken to know the love between them still flowed. Arms around each other's waist, they walked slowly and were in no particular hurry to be inside.

Even though she knew their time was short, Ingrid was not nearly as sad as the last time. Perhaps she was maturing. That, she could not know for sure. She did know it was but three short weeks that separated them and she could live with that. They stopped outside the doors and together, they gazed at the full moon which could be seen in the star-filled sky.

"The next time we look at the stars, you will not have to leave the next day," he said.

"And we can retire to the same room and no one will raise an eyebrow over it."

"And we will be married," he sighed.

"And we will be married," she agreed.

VIII.

The whirlwind of activity was never ending across the seas as both families made the final preparations for the wedding. Amazingly, things went rather smoothly for Ingrid as her dress was fitted for the final time three days before their journey to Ruudania. The dress, headdress, and train all fit perfectly and were carefully stowed in an air tight container for the voyage. Her belongings had been packed and everything appeared to be in order.

Her mother and father were astonished to find their daughter utterly calm and relaxed throughout the entire process and could not believe the difference between Ingrid's disposition and Maria's when she gave them so much trouble the week before her wedding.

Even during the trip to Ruudania, Ingrid's usually queasy stomach gave her no problems whatsoever and it was a deliriously happy and confident princess who disembarked the ship that crisp October afternoon. Gregor greeted her with an enormous bouquet of yellow, white, and red roses after he bowed to King Wilhelm and Queen Helga. He also gave her mother a small bouquet of the same flowers.

"These are the closest I could find to match your beauty, my love. Welcome home," he said.

Ingrid sniffed the flowers and smiled. "Iamhome, am I not?"

"Yes, you are," he replied.

They walked to the carriages and Gregor helped Ingrid step into one. Following her, Gregor sat down next to her and waited for the short journey to begin.

"Was your trip pleasant?" he asked.

"It was splendid," she replied. "I simply thought of you and it took no time at all!" She took his hand and squeezed it.

"Where is Maria and Phillippe? Will they be able to come?" He truly did not care if Maria came, but he hoped Phillippe would be there.

"They hope to arrive later this evening or early tomorrow. I am quite surprised they are coming at all." Ingrid shrugged, then smiled. "Oh, it is such a grand day, is it not? I hope it is just as beautiful tomorrow!"

"I see no reason why it should not be this way. It simplyhasto be a wonderful day for us. It would not seem right otherwise."

"It could rain a monsoon," Ingrid disagreed, "and I would not care, really. As long as we are married, the weather matters not."

"Very true," he agreed.

They chatted throughout the ride and soon, they arrived at the castle. After Ingrid's parents were shown their room, Gregor grabbed Ingrid's hand and led her down another hallway to what was to be their master bedroom.

"Close your eyes," he instructed. Ingrid smiled and did as she was told. She loved surprises.

Gregor took her hand, opened the door, and pulled her gently into the room. "You may open your eyes now," he said.

Ingrid's eyes fluttered open and she let out a gasp of delight upon the her first sight of their finished room.

"It is wonderful, Gregor!" she exclaimed as she looked around. Her eyes shown from tears of happiness. The bed was large and four posted. Hanging down from the canopy was sheer white material which shielded the bed from all sides. The carpet and furniture featured mostly green colors with tinges of gold mixed within. The walls were painted in pastels of pinks, blues, and yellows. Green was Ingrid's favorite color and she was delighted with the choices. Bordering the vast window was two large vases overflowing with wild flowers. The aroma of the flowers filled the room. One wall featured a tall book shelf and there was a large writing desk in front of it. It was to be used by Ingrid for Gregor had his former bedroom converted into his office.

She went from piece to piece, inch by inch, and inspected the entire room carefully. Off to the far left was an enormous closet where she could store her clothes. Beyond that was a changing room. Items from her previous home were scattered about in no precise fashion so that she could arrange them in any order she chose.

Ingrid twirled to Gregor beaming, "This is more than I expected, darling. Thank you." She moved to him and kissed him. What started as an innocent kiss soon became more passionate as Gregor held her close and would not release her. Not that Ingrid was trying to escape, mind you. She simply melted into his arms and let his love flow through her.

"I missed you," he said seriously when the kiss finally ended.

"I believe you," she replied, smiling demurely. "Will you still kiss me like that when we have not spent time apart?"

"Every day, if you like."

"Oh," she laughed, "I should like that very much. But, we shall not spend much time apart, shall we?" It was more of a plea than a question. Her eyes searched hopefully for the answer she wanted.

"Not for a very long time," he answered. "I do not think I could stand to be away from you after all this time."

"I was hoping you would say that."

Gregor held her close once again before showing her the paintings and portraits he had selected to decorate the walls. Once that was completed, they left the bedroom where he took her down the grand staircase and showed her the ballroom where workers were putting the final touches on the decorations.

Ingrid was breathless at the sight and could not believe that within twenty-four hours, she would be married and dancing with her husband in this beautiful room.

"It is magnificent," she said softly as she looked around slowly.

"You may thank Marta and Xenia. This was their doing," he explained.

"I certainly will," Ingrid nodded her approval. "Where are they?"

"I believe they are having one last fitting," he replied. "I am not sure, though. I have no control over them," he laughed.

"And you should have none," Ingrid said.

"I will miss them when they are married and leave us."

"I will miss them as well." She thought of saying more, but let the last statement stand on its own. She would have liked to add that she felt closer to them than her own sister, but she did not want to go in that direction.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. "I can have something made for you."

"No, no, we had something to eat just before we arrived. I am fine. Thank you for asking."

"Is there anything you would like to do or see? A carriage ride perhaps?"

"No, thank you," she replied softly. "I just want to be with you here. We do not have to do anything. Perhaps we can just walk around this beautiful home so I may get used to it. After all, I will living here and I need to know where I am going. I am sure you do not want me to get lost."

"I would find you," he said.

"I am sure you would," she replied with a twinkle in her eye.

"Come, then, my dear and I will show you all the secret places of your new home." He linked her arm and led her throughout the palace for the next hour.

In the evening after a grand dinner, Gregor, Ingrid, her parents, and his sisters all sat in the sitting room and chatted informally for several hours. Ingrid talked with Xenia and Marta endlessly about the decorations and other preparations and could not thank them enough for their thoughtfulness. Gregor and Wilhelm found a secluded corner and the Kessian king spent most of the evening giving free advice about governing. He was far more bombastic and prone to exaggeration than Aleksander ever was, but Gregor listened intently to his every word and took some of his knowledge to heart.