All Comments on 'Requital'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Story

My third read of this story, and I still think it's one of the best

stories I've ever read on "Lit.".

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
Even Better . . .

. . . after my second thorough reading. As long as it was, I got hooked pretty easily. It moved quickly and was well written. Quite moving, actually. Thank you very much for your wonderful effort.

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
Fast becoming a favorite!

Again you told a great story. People sometimes get confused and try to make the stories about them and their lives. That's one of the reasons I like reading because I don't live a life like this. My life is lets say boring and to get away without going anywhere I read. Your stories so far have been very entertaining and I like that. Keep up the good work!

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
PEOPLE WHO ARE WEAK.....WEAKEN

while the strong ones logically seek results and self-strength/ TK U MLJ LV NV

gara5289gara5289almost 8 years ago

I love this story. It's well written, flows, has great dialogue and interesting characters. To me, the only issue is why did he stick out the couples counseling so long? It was on page 6-8 or something where he bitches about coming, how it's been 2 or 3 months and she's still just lying. Eventually he says a page or two later he says to the Counselor that the new job won't be enough to hold him, but an open ended mandate for couples counseling is unrealistic and considering how angry he was i can't imagine him being ok with that.

Small issue (to me) but thats it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
don't know how many times

I don't know how many times that I have read this story but I enjoy it each and every time.. I have to say it is kinda long but we'll worth the time to read it. It is in my favorites.

Ron/cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 8 years ago
Not bad

For a Texan....grin...907. 5*s. Thanks...really liked it. Tremendous effort too!

PabloneyPabloneyover 7 years ago
A good, long read

Did you ever notice….that some people that profess to be literary critics (AT LEAST ON THE LEVEL of Texas Monthly Magazine or New York Magazine---- IN THEIR MIND) are most of the ones that leave such shallow criticism ……… BUT DON’T HAVE THE BALLS TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHO IT IS LEAVING THE PUTDOWN!! ANONYMOUS…….like, I can hide behind this keyboard and not be required to face reality………….

In my humble opinion, the quality of the complete body of the story is what makes it up, I mean, hey, I don’t always agree with the ending, but if the writer does well enough to keep me reading to the end, kudos to him (or her).

BillandKateBillandKateover 7 years ago
A very good story

Good characters, nice twists and in this case I like a happy ending. Thanks for a great read.

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
I can't believe I read this in one setting

I almost passed on reading your story when I saw 18 pages. That would have been a huge mistake. As a reader, you can feel the anger and hurt, the hope and despair. This was a fantastic story. I too love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow...long but...

I think worth the read. I enjoyed the ups and downs of Steve's world...seems they worked things out rationally and not simply BTB....but he was close..lol. Very good..I would give it 4 1/2 stars only due to the length.

Thanks for the story!

"Buckeye Fan"

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Implausible

I wonder why an author who suddenly decides he has to have a reconciliation and creates one based on sprinkling fairy dust on his characters doesn't go back and re-read the first 90% of his story and realize how stupid and implausible is his ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
18 pages of utter bullshit

I could literally see you digging deeper and deeper into your asshole to come up with some shitty excuse to get Steve and Barbara to reconcile. Obviously dignity means nothing in your twisted imagination. All your heroes are feckless, immature jerks who wouldn't know a self-respecting, confident man if he came up and smacked them upside their heads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yep!

Yada, yada, yada. Utter BS.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
I liked it and appreciated your work.

I enjoyed the dissection of this situation.

Many stories come up short but not this one of except why Barbara and Kimberly were so screwed up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it

Great story I really didn't think they would make it, I enjoyed it alor

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Good Story

The three assholes who commented how bad it was and ya da, etc; probably walked around with their heads up their asses and ruined their marriages or relationships. I really enjoyed this and all the emotional highs and lows. Good effort.

kennyk0alakennyk0alaover 7 years ago
One the very best

Just finished reading this story for the third time and it remains, in my view, one of the best stories published on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Long but GREAT !!!

This is a Very long story but well worth the read.

It's not just a cheating wife story but also covers the ramifications and consequences of a cheating spouse, (be it a cheating wife or husband.) From Wanting to know Why" to "Forgiveness" to "Trust" to "Anger Management" to exploring how Counseling can possibly help, this story includes all of this plus a lot more. And the way that the material is covered is Very realistic, (I know because I've been through it myself.)

To date, this is hands-down the best story I've read ... on this site or any site I've read stories on.

My only negative observation is a few instances of duplicate words and/or a missing letter. Like "as" when the word should be "was". Nothing a spell check would catch and I'm not sure if a syntax check would have caught the differences.

But these negatives are nothing compared to the Excellent story and the realistic issues contained in the story.

AllintheheadAllintheheadover 7 years ago
Wow

Was long but well worth the read. Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow!

You know, I really hated Barb in the beginning but grew to like her! What Steve did with Kim and his reason's really made me cry! I could see his depression and feel how down he was getting and thought he was dying like Barb did. When she still had sex with him, I was so astonished amd even though I wasn't her husband, that's when I forgave her. Great story!

Also Nony Lydia has got to be the most brilliantly manipulative wonderful character! She is my favorite!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anon. 9/25/16

The Comment was: "One of the hallmarks of an utterly incompetent author is inexplicable character personality reversals, such as we have in many (sic) Longhorn's texts. The writer knows that their (sic) character wouldn't act in such a completely self-contradictory manner, and it shows, glaringly."

As a reader, I did see a few words misused; some obvious typos, etc.

But I did not see anything to match the critique copied above. And I do not believe my missing such can be attributed to either my more than 50 years of counselling experience nor my +22 years of formal education and training.

I believe my inability to see, or missing the allegedly "self-contradictory behavior" was due to ... simply reading this story as published.

5 Stars from me, and those with great appreciation for the author's work.

[My favorite character was, as several others have commented, Nony/Lydia].

-:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Sounds like it's time to go for those Alzheimers protein tests. The medication can slow down the progress.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What?

When they are dating they fight over being faithful, w h o know how much she and the boss's nephew were fucking around, and then gets anew boy friend and playing sex games with him. How the hell does any man go back to a sank like that. You are brain dead.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
Long stories are boring - Not this one

Held my interest all the way through

Flat_OutFlat_Outover 7 years ago
Exellent writing

This story is long but well worth the read - This should be a script for a play or screen drama. I'm guessing most of the readers on this site would prefer more sex and a little more detail - OK but the story is a brilliant read and the writing stands 'head and shoulders' above most erotic literature

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I can't believe...

...that she was pregnant and didn't tell her husband before the miscarriage or after it... was that because it wasn't Steve who made her pregnant?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
PREGNANT BY WHO

Miscarriage or abortion? This is 18 page story what with work and kids it took a couple of days too read if memory serves me correctly she commented about the miscarriage to herself in a cheaters way! Great story! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

slm59slm59over 7 years ago
A long, satisfying read

What an emotional roller coaster! I read this in one long sitting, my back is now incredibly stiff and it was worth the discomfort. I look forward to reading more stories from the author. Thanks!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Lengthy Diatribe of Nonsubstantial Sludge

I am not going to rant or rave. This is only a story, albeit an overly lengthy one. I will simply place myself in the group of people for whom this story was not written. I hope you have other selections that are more suited to my taste, and aren't this lengthy. If you had to go to this much effort to sell your point, your point may not be viable. Better luck next time.

Denny CraneDenny Craneover 7 years ago
Loved it...but...

There was one point where the direction of the story turned. And, honestly, it made no sense to me. Steve walks out of that counseling session for the last time after the deal with Kim became known, thinking he'd gone all shock-and-awe on his soon to be ex. She chases him down, talks him into a coffee, then proceeds to propose they move back in together. She asks, "what do you have to lose?" And you had Steve look at that as irrefutable logic?? And immediately accept?? There was no logic there. He definitely had a lot to lose at that point. I just don't see how a man who was so adamant that it was done would just roll over like that. Just a thought...

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Truely Superb Story..... 🏆

..... depicting real people involved in real circumstances arising within a marriage. Exceptionally well written with absorbing and appealing characters with whom the readers become involved and eventually engrossed. Was disappointed in reading some of the more asinine comments; am reminded of something about "pearls and pigs" so please just consider the likely socially retarded mentality. Now that I have found you as an author am greatly looking forward to reading more of your works. Thank you for the poignant read.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
One more perusal. . .

The thing that is most difficult with this one is that the wife character goes from clueless and unfeeling to insightful and wise - all because of grandmother's influence. The evolution is a bit hard to swallow. Still five stars and extremely well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Don't care what anybody else says

Great story. I enjoyed it all . thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bloody Fantastic story!

Mr Longhorn 07 Your wording in places where the Wife is detailed description of the scene playing before us! A word here emphasis there, people start to say things like She will cheat again. Etc etc! Those who don't know their ass from a frogs ass say that the story is shit! The rest of us say that it's Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fantastic

I am not a big fan of reconciliation in such stories but this one was perfect...not just because of the way all of it was generally evened out but also because of the detailed description of how they got there that made it seem realistic and convincing 5* effort

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Blah.....

Gave up on page 8 when I saw 10 more pages of pointless psyco babble. Far far far tooooooooo loooooong. It dragged so badly. Not a page turner at all...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One of the best reconciliation stories

I always say when I write a comment, that most of the reconciliations I read doesn't seem real to me. They are rushed, based on "love" (some writers use it as magic word), the cheater faced very little consequences, she did no soul searching, no heavy lifting, nothing. They are together again just based on an act of will and some magic powder. Your story shows how hard is to mend a broken relationship, how hard is to regain broken trust and betrayed love. You did a magnificent job writing the portrait of a believable reconciliation. Great work. I enjoyed every word. Five big stars for you,

The Reviewer

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Brilliant story. ***** but deserves a **********

Amazing writing and story development. All characters well fleshed out and believable. Love this author's style of justice. Added as a favorite author and looking forward to reading others in Longhorn__07 collection. Really terrific writer.

donjuan1954donjuan1954about 7 years ago
Wonderful tale

Thanks, I really enjoyed this!

kdcee79kdcee79about 7 years ago
Well done

I enjoyed this story but felt you paid far too much attention to the counselling. This tale should have been finished in 9 - 10 pages, not 18. That really spoilt the overall enjoyment & cost a point. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just re read this story

I think it is the best story I have ever read on Literotica! At least the best loving wives / reconciliation story. Like another comment said, it illustrates that reconciliation after infidelity is hard work - not just "OK, I forgive you" and everything is suddenly all better.

AverageJoe11AverageJoe11about 7 years ago
Just excellent!

By far, one of the best stories on Lit.

Flat_OutFlat_Outabout 7 years ago
Re-read

I have re-read this story and really enjoyed it. I know it is a little bit long but that's OK. There's a lot of useful detail in here for readers to reflect on. Some comments point out that Steve's personality changes quickly - I assume that's to reduce the number of pages, not unreasonable. But there is a huge effort to produce a story that is realistic and instructive - so much of the 'cheating wife / cuckold' stories are unrealistic bullsh!t. This story is realistic in the emotions played out. Sadly, many cheaters like 'Barbara' fail to acknowledge their lies and there are very few 'Steve's' around. Hence this story is certainly describing a rare couple, possibly unrealistic, but still an excellent read. This story stands head and shoulders above some much crap in this genre. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Just got to page 6 then skipped to the end to see how it ended. Thank god I didn't finish the story, Steve should've left that bitch. Am enjoying some of your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

Very nice story. I liked the counseling part. For me quite instructive. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Second time reading

Still the best reconciliation story on Literotica. I prefer BTB or consequences stories. Not RAAC with a wimp husband, but a legitimate reconciliation. There are consequences, even revenge, and the wife figures out why what she did was so wrong, and puts in the work and sacrifice to try and atone and become a better person. It helped that Longhorn__07 didn't dig her TOO deep of a hole. This is how it's done.

Cog

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 7 years ago
Literally evereyone

was manipulating this poor bastard. My company forces me into marriage counseling I start looking for a new job.

Buddy1945Buddy1945almost 7 years ago
A Very Good Story

Barbara seemed to be a very insecure troubled woman. Marriage is hard work without infelidity coming into the mix. Finally she acknowledged what she had done and could not come up with a reason for herself or her husband it was good that he caught them at the park that was a wake up call for her like cold water in the face waking her up no pun intended. In my favorites 5 stars plus.

Ron

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
FAN BLOODY TASTIC!

Two problems with the story! She had a miscarriage earlier I would have loved to see them have a couple of kids and and a cat called Flea bag and a dog named Boots? Also 2nd problem is now that I've finished the story It's hard to find a good story equal to this one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful but...

Personal opinion: He should have never let her back into his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Duh

Too fucking long!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Who calls a trunk the luggage compartment? That's just being verbose for the sake of it.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Restart

Sounds like both sisters carried a lot of baggage. It never delved into why both girls had severe problems from a household with two parents that loved there kids. I was glad both ladies got the help and direction needed.

timrivtimrivalmost 7 years ago

Kinda long and rambling needs to be edited to about 1/3 the length. Otherwise not bad.

ihateraccihateraccalmost 7 years ago
how do you know a dumb ass story

My dad wasn't much, but he taught me a man who strikes a woman is lower than cow dung."

My daddy taught me and my 5 sister "never start a fight but make sure you end it".....fuck her him or it. Never give up because of a cunt and tits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
LONGWINDED by Longhorn

Decent story

Typically overdone - UGH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!

Steve is as screwed up as Barb! After all you went through to explore, discover, and deal with her "problems", you didn't go very far at all concerning his! The story was SO LONG and laborious that it was hard to remember how Steve was brought up! But that upbringing contributed to his screwed up attitude that took him FOREVER to deal with! What was it??? He was taught to maintain his "cool"! As is described he liked to ave people underestimate him! But deep down inside Steve was a stick of dynamite with a short fuse! He wanted to explode but kept dousing his own lit fuse! Instead of "going off", he held everything in and it ate him alive because of the conflict of emotions he PUTTING HIMSELF THROUGH!

I think in essence, you made Steve and emotional coward!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
differing desires

Number of detractors because of 18 page length.

Definitely from two of the reader camps.

Strokers upset because they want excitement and cannot contain ejaculatory needs. Most likely they are like that with partners. Me, I prefer LED-long extended foreplay

The other camp is the btb-they want discovery and immediate destruction.

Sometimes I am in mood for latter. Never the former. Sexual release delayed exponentially multiplies orgasmic rapture...when applied to masturbatory endeavors development of control is real goal. Such training is much appreciated by partners and more than a little rewarding.

Sometimes I have time for long story such as this wonderful one and I relish those periods of extended pleasure.

I have read REQUITAL over a score of times that number marls your story among my five favorites.

All my top five are lengthy works wherein I can get to know the characters the author has so expertly developed

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well I thought it was magnificent

Fantastic well written and l loved it.To all the detractors if this author listened to your comments and never wrote again that would be a crying shame.I for one would not be able to enjoy the work and I would miss out.That cannot be allowed to happen.Now as my mamaw used to say 'if you don't having anything nice to say.Keep yer mouth shut'.seems to apply here I think.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
Nony the magician

Without Nony and her uncanny if not unrealistic manipulative powers the marriage ends. Maybe that would have been best for both. Additionally, she preempts the marriage councilor in her command of human behavior.

If all marriage councilors had her ability, their success rate would soar.

Just don't buy the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Longhorn

I checked your bio I know it is a lie. You claim to be male. That is pure horse poo. No male would write a story where his wife cheats with to different men and takes her back dispite a cunning old women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Manipulation is not pretty

The guy manipulated big time by the old lady. He could do better should have been left alone to live his life as he wanted. I would have told the company to stuff the job if they tried to get involved in my personal life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Life

This should be required reading for every newly wed couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great stery

I really enjoyed the story. Interesting characters and believable too. This type of thing has never happened to me. My first wife died and met my current5wife of 20 years at a grief resolution group. What I realized was that being divorced was worse than tor spouse dieing as I will always keep the love we had as pure and unsullied. That may give some context to my comment.

I think that Barb keeping the miscarriage secret was a greater insult to their marriage than the. Indiscretions with this 2 guys. This was his child too and was not allowed yo grieve. Of all the things she did I think this was more unforgivable than anything else. Maybe good for thought on future stories.

Sorry for anonymous but haven't signed up for membership yet.

Thanks,

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Five stars!!

Forgiveness is hard, restoration is even harder. However, what is all comes down to is that love is stronger than anything. Loved the happy ending. I really did give it five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best

One of the best reconociliation stories in LW. Ohio's "Ari" would be a close second.

This story proves my point that if you want to write a believable reconciliation tale you need a lot of effort and pages to make it work.

I always find hard to swallow those stories where the author takes 3 pages to write about the cheating and 3 sentences to tell us about the reconciliation.

Great work. Truly enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not bad

Far too long drawn out

GillotineGillotineover 6 years ago
damn

It's long, but good, but long.

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Trials of marriage

Sometimes we get caught up in the moment and don't see the forest for the trees. We make subconscious decisions and don't weigh the risk or reactions. Good ending and read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
almost 475 comments

And over 500 favorites

I have often returned to this story when I want to not only be entertained, but have also grown tired of the forced reconciliations prevalent in this genre.

This story is neither too long nor to short.

Perhaps I identify strongly with the character Steve in that I chose to spend my life working construction despite my 145 IQ and have been on numerous occasions the recipient of snide remarks about my lack of intelligence.

Fact is, the most intelligent and most capable people I have ever known chose to work in the trades and took great pride in creating structures with their hands, backs and brains.

I recall the shocked look on two suits who were employed by my state's investments board when the guy next to the at the bar, clothes somewhat dirty from day's work went into great depth comparing the fiat monetary system to the gold standard...

About 30 minutes earlier the younger of the suits had made a few Jimmy type remarks...best thing about turning his face red when I had illuminated his misstatements about the monetary systems was the fact that two months earlier the wives of those two suits had come into that same bar an hour or so ahead of their husbands. Summertime meant hemmed cutoffs and western style snap shirts for me with sleeves precisely rolled up-high and tight. Over the years numerous females have told me I have sexiest legs they have ever seen. Add very muscular arms, tight butt broad shoulders and well-defined chest and a little bourbon to bring my charming ways to the fore overcoming my natural shyness and the one was hooked.

Females of all ages love my dimples and want to mother the shy guy with the little boy charm but don't kid yourself women are as sexually excited by muscular arms as guys are by big bouncy natural breasts.

While she loved the social status her husband gave her, his soft hands and softer body left her wanting. I have great hearing and spent years quietly observing people.

Took note of their admiring glances, the whispers about my arms and butt and comparisons to her husband

Before the husbands showed up I had engaged them in conversation all polite and respectful then kept my distance when husbands showed up.

Enough quick glances my way that night so I wasn't shocked when two weeks later the two wives reappeared on a Friday girls night out. She just had to feel those arms, something her older friend pretended not to notice though I observed her whispering words of caution.

The following Saturday while hubby golfed she was supposedly shopping, but the only thing she tried on was the fit of her fingers in my back pocket. Within a month the fit of something else was explored in my bedroom. Since then every time he golfs or attends Kiwanis or Elks she has been with me.

Every so often those two couples come in, he makes snide remarks about blue collar rednecks and I just smile in silence. During county fair bar was packed, husband and buddies were pretty looped so she snuck out to parking lot and into my pickup.

Seven months later he's bragging about ultrasound indicating junior is own his way.

I know many people will call me names, think ill of me, and I have thought often about not being around my son. She has talked about divorce but I am sure she would not give up social standing, and I don't love her.

I just grew weary of the condescending remarks so many suits make.

Everyday such people call construction workers morons and idiots. But they continue to get on elevators and ride all those stories up in a structure built by supposed morons. Think about that and tell me who the idiots are.

Oh...the disapproving older wife...she got curious and has been filling in for pregnant friend.

Now t

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
must be exceptional

Lewdslummydog's comment was so breif and readable, only commenting on another comment on story length.

Story left him wordless

That says a lot

And I even agree with him

For what it is worth, I had become so attached to characters, I was sad to see story end

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pathetic

An 18 page story that could have been told in six.

ScreamingEagle101ScreamingEagle101over 6 years ago
Stunned

This story was absolutely stunning. With 18 pages in length I expected a well thought out and complex character-driven story, in which the protagonist evolves through a series of tribulations to become a stronger, better person. I was halfway right. I am now kicking myself for wasting so much valuable time rooting for a fictional man that fully deserves the inevitable ass-kicking he happily signed up for --and his "repentant" spouse WILL be delivering -- in the next few years.

Congratulations protagonist Steve, you just proved you could be deceived and manipulated by an old lady smarter and more devious than you. Next time all Barbara has to do is make sure she cheats with someone related to a senior manager at his work. He already demonstrated that his job was more important than his self-worth. Next time she gets caught "Nona" will simply have her friends threaten his job until he caves. He's already shown everyone that his principles were long on talk and short on stamina. If she waits long enough, and applies enough pressure, he will take her back.

There were SO many times that this story could have been truly amazing. For instance, when he was blackmailed into counseling while his promotion was held hostage he could have (should have) resigned. Suicide may be cheaper. But selling your house, taking a job with an employer far, far away from the source of your misery, and severing all contact with the toxic human garbage that is slowly destroying your will to live (the wife, her family, and his employers) also solves most of his problems; and has the benefit of being reversible. He could have simply called their bluff. Refused counseling and let the chips fall where they may. Basically, he could have stood up for himself over and over again, but he didn't. His wife doesn't respect him because he doesn't respect himself.

This story had so much potential. Yet I sit here stunned, with a simmering rage, because of this..(desperately restraining myself from cursing)..."story". I once went two weeks without access to a shower while on mission in the height of summer. Sweating my butt off and slogging through the dirt in 95-105 degree heat for 14 days straight, but even that didn't leave me feeling as dirty as this work of fiction did. I'm going to go take a scalding-hot shower with bleach and Brillo pads, and then drink myself into a stupor in the hopes that it might somehow cleanse all traces of this horror show from my mind.

I have no idea how this story received an editors' choice award, but I have just lost ALL respect for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great!

Well written, engaging, emotional, and thank God, a happy ending!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
only 460 stars

if were a cucky wimpy tale would be rated higher because most so called men in this

site are cuckyeeeessseee.

5 stars frum this cuck hater

MattKesterMattKesterover 6 years ago
A real story

This was a story that needed every word to develop the characters, to show the start of the story, and to fully demonstrate the transformation of all the characters. This made the story real. At times, while I read it, I wondered how close to this the author was. Did he experience this sometime in his life? Perhaps. Or perhaps someone close to him did.

And the story reminded me of a couple I knew some years ago. There was a child involved, and there were some very deep misunderstandings. I disengaged at some point when I was in danger of getting caught in the middle.

And I identified with Steve with respect to my own marriage, and my problems were mild by comparison - though I did need to sit one gentleman down and have a long, intense chat with him. My wife didn't appreciate my talking to him until her dad had a chat with her. He didn't seem to need to ask me any questions; in many ways, he was very much like Nona Lydia.

I also identified with the counselor. The author did some good research so as to be able to describe the theories and approaches for counseling, relationships, and why people get into these troubles.

My problems with this story were misplaced quote marks, punctuation, and paragraph structure. Those things can get distracting.

But the story held together, and it actually had a logical outcome. I found myself wanting to see both Barbara and Kim five years later. Secretly, I wanted to see someone sit their mom down and figure out just what the hell she was thinking - though it really didn't matter.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Outstanding!

2nd time through and still an impressive story.

*****

juderboyjuderboyover 6 years ago
Am I the only person that has a problem here?

There has to be a cost for being manipulated the way he was. I hate it when people fuck with my life, even when it turns out good. In the end he got everything he had hoped and worked for. But at what cost, selling his soul. I would have quite the job, divorced the wife, and sued the boss and grandmother, just on principal. God I hate how this one ended!!!

sexydad50sexydad50over 6 years ago
Great

You worked through all the pain and heartache and resolved their problems.

Great story. Good ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
a wimp story

1 star just to vote...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Some people need killing

I am totally serious, for the sake of the rest of us some people must be taken from this earth. Many innocents die every day on this planet, it’s time for the not so innocents to find the same fate.

weathermanksweathermanksover 6 years ago
Thank God!

Dear God, you tore my guts out over and over again, and I almost didn't hang in to the end to see the happy ending. Thank you for that! I needed that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Don’t Understand

I understand and can buy into Barbara being insecure making her vulnerable to male attention. Her sister seems to have had the same problem amplified. I thought the therapy would show they were both molested as children.

What I don’t get is that Barbara had contempt and disrespect for Steve. How does her need for attention justify laughing along when another man puts down her husband? How about her being cold and distant towards Steve months before the Jimmie incidence and that continuing for 9 months? How about the fact that she is fondled and kissed publicly by Rafe? That is total contempt towards her husband basically telling him fuck you. She wasn’t even trying to be discrete out of respect for him. Even a cheating spouse who was done with the marriage but still had some caring and respect for the spouse would have been publicly careful.

In addition her being vulnerable to attention doesn’t mesh with why when Rafe was touching her she doesn’t get a cold realization what she was doing. I mean it makes sense if she was out of love with her husband or he had been cold and ignoring her. But he wasn’t and somethings should have clicked with her. I don’t buy the fog explanation of the story.

The contempt and disrespect Barbara had towards Steve doesn’t reconcile with how hard she fights for her marriage or the love she shows towards him later. That key point was never explained.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A problem with the plot line

On page 16 Barbara states that at no time did she intentional cheat on him. Well she did intentionally cheat on him when she pulled off her panties in the car! A woman doesn't take off her panties for emotional support. She takes them off so she could cheat on her husband. That was a conscious decision. She decided that what her husband doesn't know about can't hurt him. Barbara was a slut just like her sister Karen. They are now hanging out together a lunch time picking up strange men! And you can see them on the Literotica Live Web Shows at the bottom of this page!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

I'd of left the cheating slut as-soon-as I could. Once a cheater, always a cheater. She really suckered everyone in, including the "shrink" into believing her line of BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
tooo long

Once a cheat always a cheat. Story far to long, only one winner here and it wasn't steve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

18 pages got bored.

York1234York1234over 6 years ago
Long but very well written...

I think it take a good writer to go on writing such a story, with all the details of the meeting to get back their marriage. Well done and to those who complain about it, well go and read the 10 lines stories....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Way too damned short. We need to know about the nephew's porn site.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
It's very

seldom even a great writer manages come up with a scenario and story that justifies reconciliation. This is not one of those.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DetroitCuckCity says "schwanze" is Portuguese for

"cuck in a closet"

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
I see

my puppy is following at my heels again. Schwanze1 says anon critics are cowardly pussies.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
To expand on my brief comment

the author is a spectacular talent and has written a spectacular story. Don't know why anyone would mind it's length. If a story draws you in why wouldn't you want to enjoy it longer?

Here's my problem. His boss, his wife, his in laws, Lydia...pretty much everyone in his life figuratively or literally cucked him and fucked him in the ass. Lydia fucked with his private and work life. His boss manipulated, coerced and forced him into reconciliation. His wife is of course an adulterous tramp. He should have given notice, told Lydia we are no longer friends and then left town. His whole life situation is untenable. And all this justifies reconciliation?

Story reminds me of "Of All People". Husband got turned into everyone's bitch and he was supposed to be happy about it.

schulz777schulz777about 6 years ago
great story

5 starrs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I liked it

But man oh man....they really never let that poor man heal.

The wife and her family constantly were on his case, and you somehow miraculously made it believable with the suicide/apathy/nihilism stint. But truth be told I'm in agreement with their counselor. That marriage should by all rights be dead because of all that wound picking.

I speak from experience. Being constantly undermined by people that tell you, "it's not a big deal, why don't you just get over it." It's very hard to get over it when no one shuts up about it. It killed my relationship even faster than the cheating and lying. At some point you sit there wondering if all those people are trying to take advantage of your raw and wounded emotional state. It feels.....slimy.

Great read. You somehow pulled a RAAC outta that trainwreck of a marriage. That took effort. I did wonder why NO ONE mentioned to this woman when she was so delusional, "how would you feel if he had done it to you?". No one. That was the only weird part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I appreciate the effort made in writing this story

That alone gets it 4 stars. What kept me from giving it 5, was it wasn't until late in the story we got any clue as to why Barbara wanted to stay in the marriage. Taking the author at his word, Steve felt things weren't sexually good shortly after their honeymoon. Add the three (possibly four) instances he felt that she placed another man over him, as well as her inability to admit or even see that as a problem, I was wondering why she was so determined to remain in her marriage. For most of the story, it felt like a knee-jerk reaction to just not wanting to have a divorce.

As the story continued, she seemed to come to a realization that she loved Steve, but at that point I was wondering what that feeling was based on. I could understand if she was reevaluating the relationship with new insight, but that's not the way it was written. It was written as though she always felt she loved him. This aspect of her character never became clear for me as to how she could have those feelings when her behavior demonstrated otherwise.

l_bentonl_bentonabout 6 years ago
i love nony

thank you nony was briliant and made the story. thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Disappointed

Ending was not very realistic, wasted my time reading this, good until the last few pages.

1...34567...12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous