All Comments on 'Requital'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 4)
KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Stop Light

Nice try with the stop light analogy, but it's a far cry from going through a stop light in the middle of nowhere and cheating on your husband.

And, BTW, you can explain away the vulnerability to outside flattery, even the fear(?) of sharing the miscarriage with the husband. But the blatant disrespect at the Christmas party, and blaming the husband for embarrassing HER?!

That wasn't an unthinking indiscretion, that was an expression of non-love, if not hatred, and makes her determination to save the marriage inconsistent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Just a lengthy tale to sugar coat a cheating slut.

And turn the husband into a wimp.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
KarenE nailed it

Miscarriages do not cause infidelity, selfishness does.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 10 years ago
Tsk Tsk Tsk

Another wave of readers that just don't know what the hell they are talking about. Actually, they sound a little insecure themselves. Hitting a little too close to home, eh? Excellent story, well balanced and completely plausible. Behaviorally speaking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Agreed

The Christmas party would be enough. And does he really know how many men she had been with? Did she really miscarry? She played him and got away with more than what we read. The polygraph only covered what she did with Raffe.

Benedict12Benedict12almost 10 years ago
Originality

Too often each genre on this site seems to have its own "carved in stone" conventions that render stories unduly repetitive. LW stories involving adultery by a wife evidently requires that the aggrieved husband reject the woman he has loved who sinks into a deserved depravity while hubby finds a new woman who gives him better sex than he has ever had before. I applaud you envisioning a story where sincere contrition and forgiveness can still save a loving marriage despite the pain caused by adultery.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

I think the thing so many critics fail to get about this story, and reconciliation stories in general, is the end picture it paints of a happy marriage. Yes, there are too many reconciliation stories where the husband simply takes back the wife when she says she is sorry. This is far from that. Their marriage changed and became what a successful marriage ought to be. There is no excuse for adultery, but there are contributing factors. Their marriage had deteriorated prior to her cheating. Sometimes it is simply a bad person that leads to an affair. Mostly, it is the result of a bad marriage. Open communication, willingness to explore in the bedroom, a strong commitment to working through problems. I love the fact that you took us on this long journey of constructing a healthy marriage. It was a process. It took time to grow. It had its ups and downs. Great marriages don't simply result from two people falling in love and saying I do. They have to work hard to build a strong foundation. It is unfortunate that so much bad had to happen in order for them to learn that lesson, but in no way is this guy a wimp. And in no way is this woman a whore. They are real people, in love, struggling with real problems. The fact that they worked through those problems is a beautiful thing. And it could only be done with both giving 100% effort. Would he have been justified in leaving? Yes. I would have left and not looked back. I just think a marriage that short (especially one that had been deteriorating since year one) is not worth saving. Don't get me wrong. I have a high view of marriage. However, it was a bit hard for me to accept how desperate she was to save the marriage after having invested so little in it. However, that is not the point of this story. I see this as a lesson in what a successful marriage should be like. Thank you.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago

This was my second time reading through this story. Five stars all the way. I was a little surprised at how the husband glossed over the fact that the wife proved her love by having sex with him when she thought he had AIDS. In the end, the counselor internally muses about this fact, but the husband never allows it to impress him. It should have. That was a significant element in making the case for reconciliation. Additionally, not sure why some people are downplaying the miscarriage as a factor in her affair. That was a huge revelation. Some woman seem to shrug something like that off fairly easily. For others, it leads to depression and severe emotional problems. Any time an author can take the reader from wanting to crucify the wife to cheering for her forgiveness, it is brilliant. Masterful.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
as soon as

If I was working for a company and the executives told me that I must go to counseling to reconcile with a cheating or disrespectful wife my resume would be out to every other company in the business.

As my father taught me: "The best time to find a job is when you already have one."

The Christmas party was enough disrespect to end the marriage, a wife or a husband should not take side against their spouse.

An insult to either is an insult to both.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it

another stunning story.

i just adore the depth of emotions the author manages to convey in his writing.

Has me totaly submerged into the story as if i was living it with the characters he has created. . .

thoroughly enjoyable.

something else i only realised recently about this authors work,

& its not something that is always pleasant to experience.

its as if these storys invite us , sometimes demand us to take a closer look at our sense of " self " , who we are , why we are . why we do the things we do .

& that leads me to look at negative comments in another light .

its a story , its a pce of fiction , its wonderfully written , beautifully sculpted , a work of art in many ways . enjoy it for what it is .

xxxhugsxxx

Open Eyes & an Open Mind

ty for writing this , ty for sharing this .

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
page after page after page

of psychobabble.

It felt like being in the counseling sessions with them, trying to figure out their problems. So much of the story was devoted to a running diary of the many months they sat with the Psychologist it began to just drone on. Eventually I came to the conclusion I just didn't care whether they worked them out or not.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

kind of stretched a bit but good

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just too Unrealistic!

> 1 star only because there is no way to give 0.<

1. Disrespect from a spouse in conjunction with that spouse supporting the antagonist in public should never be tolerated!

2. Lying to your spouse is the ultimate disrespect!

3.Cheating on your spouse goes so far beyond disrespect that the word becoming meaningless.

4. Once a cheat ALWAYS a cheat, in truth "The leopard never changes their spots" !

5. If a company makes a condition for advancement that requires a personal change of the magnitude required of Curtis, time to find another job A.S.A.P. !!!

6. Lydias' manipulation of Curtis was both offensive and disturbing and Curtis acceptance of it just depressing for any mature man.

CurmudgeCurmudgeover 9 years ago
Disapointed

I wanted better and did not get it, you write well but I ended up not liking anybody in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A bit long, really

Your story is quite well told, but the detail in it is almost excruciatingly long. I think you could have managed about half the word count to tell the story. The discussions with parents were fine, if a bit protracted.

HP

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Interesting but disappointing

The story is way too long for the ground it covers and the psychobabble is wearing. It seems to me that ultimately Steve was manipulated into "being happy" by the counsellor. Like there was a bonus involved for the therapist if they got back together. Furthermore the blackmail on the part of his employers was maddening and he apparently got discount legal representation at a premium price. The "professionals" in the tale disappointed me the most.

That said the writing was good but too long. The story didn't move along fast enough for my taste. Others will have completely different opinions which are just as valid as mine.

Finally, I could not have written the story or even conceived the story so I have no standing to criticize. Kudos to you for doing both.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Disappointing

Some time not long after Steve started going to the marriage councilor he became a character I didn't much like anymore. I lost respect for him and rapidly lost interest making the story drag from that point on. When he later had sex with his wife's sister I lost what little respect I had left and ended up hating the story.

If Steve had been a real life friend he'd have rapidly moved from friend to acquaintance by allowing himself to be manipulated into getting back together with his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pretty hard to like Steve

Steve was just so incredibly unlikable. Starting with emailing everyone at work the "have you seen this couple?".

That just made him look like a petty and vindictive whiny child and it didn't get better from there. If he's done with her, he's done with her. He looks pathetic by doing that.

And did he really have to show the parents literally the most graphic part of the movies with Kim? If he told them what was in it and then said "the proof is on this tape" does he really think they wouldn't believe him?

It's also really disingenuous to believe that he's truly worried about her welfare when he just finished fucking her for two weeks. It's like he had to wait to get his rocks off before he could become disappointed and disgusted.

All these things and more point to Steve as being of truly weak character.

And the scene where Lydia has weird sex conversations with Barbra? Creepy.

All I'm all, you have a lot of talent as a pure scribe. .......that is, yiur sentence flow very nicely and it reads well. But you need to out a lot more work I to your character development.

Steve was just an insufferable idiot. And Barb was so drastically different at the beginning of the story and the end that she was really two completely different people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I liked it.

I think what Steve did with Kim's tapes or the e-mails might have come quite naturally to somebody in his position and going through anger/depression of that sort. There is a very thin line between love and hate and the former can turn into the latter with uncontrollable vehemence. I came to this story looking for nasty punishment sex or some such but I really did get caught up in all the drama and finished it in one go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hurr a durr

good lord the husband is an idiot, first he should of waited until they started having sex to film them in the car and the whole thing with the sister REALLY?

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Anon bitches

Boy, didn't take long for the man hating anon bitches to start spewing their vitriol about the husband. Girls, he was the one cheated on. I admit he was kind of stupid. He should have dumped your cum dump sister the first time when she cheated and then started treating him like shit. Not telling him about being pregnant or the miscarriage. Sounds like it wasn't his baby at all, he never could account for boyfriend number 4. I think that's where he came in. None of this stuff was an oversight on her part. All was planned and carried out with total disregard for the husband. Must have been a wimp or she was a psychopath. None of it is forgivable or in any way pardonable. As for the therapist, again, I think it must be in the water they drink, but anytime I read one of these stories about counseling I get a twitch. I gotta call "bullshit" on this. And how in the world could he trust any of the people in her family, diseased tree for sure. Then to fall for the company line that he had to go to therapy with the cum dump. Again, bullshit.

I stayed with the story hoping that he would come to his senses, but like the therapy sessions it just never made any sense. Too bad, could have been three good stories in that length. 2 stars, didn't hate it but didn't like it much either. Kept hoping for a better resolution.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
Five isn't enough!

This is a perfect ten, if ever I saw one! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Boring!

I hope you get paid by the word. Three pages of substance and fifteen pages of meaningless drivel. I admit I skipped through most of it. One star.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
Requited

I liked the story, the characters and how they grew over the course of the tale. Barbara was at first immature and thoughtlessly selfish, but awakened to her stupidity and sought to grow. Steve was resolute and often stoic but open minded and flawed differently.

Thanks for the entertaining read!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Re-Reading

I don't know why she wants to "save" this marriage.

Her TOTAL disrespect at the Christmas party, even though the big boss supported Steve, made me wonder why she said "No" when he asked her if she wanted a divorce.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Finished Re-Read

Okay, I will GRUDGINGLY accept the excuses/reasons given for her infidelities.

What I STILL have a big problem with is her blatant disrespect with Jimmy, even when Jimmy's uncle made it quite clear that Jimmy was out of line, and that Steve was quite correct.

For her to not only not apologize to him, but to blast HIM, would have been the end for me.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Did a re-read myself on this

story. I didn't much like it past the middle. Again, I don't like it when a writer tries to sell manipulation as love and just trying to reconcile. This stupid woman and her freakishly manipulative grandmother are spooky in their single minded belief that they know what is best for the poor guy. You started him out as a confident and resourceful man but evidently you wanted reconciliation so much that it took you just 18 pages to completely emasculate him and have him on his knees. As for the excuses that have been bandied about in the comments here, there are none for the type of treatment he received from his wife or her family, more like the Manson family it seems. He worried through the whole tale about the lack of respect that he was shown and then he dumps his self-respect because all of the sudden in the last pages he is a wimp and a weakling. Too bad, I tried to read it again and when I realized which story it was I quit. So sad, I had just read a couple of your other ones and thoroughly enjoyed them. No macho posturing, no BTB just no reconciliation at the cost of the man's self-respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LIKED THE STORY

I LIKED THE STORY I HAVE READ IT BEFORE IN MY FAVORITES. THE THING IS IS JUST A LITTLE TO LONG. BARBARA CHEATED HE CAUGHT HER SHE DID NOT REALLY REALISE THAT SHE WOULD HURT HER HUSBAND{GET CAUGHT} BUT SHE DID. NONY IS THE ONE STABLE FACTOR THAT GOT THEM BACK TOGETHER. STORY TO LONG COUNSLOR TO LONG.

RON TEXAS COWBOYRIDECC@YAHOO.COM

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I think annony has gone over the falls

he's screaming and carrying on like the twerp he is. Why don't you just kill yourself annony!! I gave it a 5!!!! Fuck you!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 9 years ago
since dear annony went nutsl!!

I have to read this now and then vote a 5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Do not forget

@Dear cuck story fans one of the best BTB stories was written by Longhorn_07 "Fool Me Once".

moedikmoedikover 9 years ago
Only a 5?!

Great story; I too give it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
She had to learn to deal

with a confident husband who knew where he wanted to go and how to get there. WTF?! So he wanted to be a cum-slurping wimp of a cuckold and have a cheating slut as a wife? Wow, seems to me there are easier ways to get to that situation.

LVGirlLVGirlover 9 years ago
I'm With Poppy7

I just re-read this story, and there's a lot of really good stuff in it. However I can't get over the manipulation. Good ol' Nony is something of witch, and I'm not at all sure that the outcome is a good one for either Barb or Steve.

The scene where Steve's told that he has to get counseling or lose his job strikes me a just wrong. Given his character, I think he would have been more likely to regretfully tell his employer that he really liked working there, but when they decide to get into his personal life he can't continue. I suspect that his resignation wouldn't have been accepted and good ol' Nony's scheme would have come to light, resulting in a very different sequence of events. A reconciliation may still have been possible, but it would have happened honestly.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
accept or not

He updates his resume.

He sends his resume out to many companies, mentioning that he is currently employed.

Employers are somewhat discreet when "poaching" employees from other companies.

He accepts the best offer (he is very good at this job)

He gives his two week notice.

He starts working for his new employer.

Whether they accept his resignation or not does not matter.

But no, he had to be weak, in this as well as taking the disrespectful selfish immature woman/child back.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Interesting

If you like a well written story with more twists and turns, and up and down hills than you can count, then this story is for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Counceling

I feel like I just went through marriage counseling and my marriage is fine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I don't get it?

They have no power over him to force him into counciling. He had a resume out and probably good job offers. He would have taken one and been gone. I just don't see him sticking around and getting railroaded the way he did. Even for fiction it simply made no sense. He's gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Ugh i hate when what starts as a good story ends up a waste of time. I'm not a rabid btb fan, and i'm not a against reconciliation stories, when it's something like a heat of the moment one time thing, or blackmail or something. The wife in this story had years of a pattern of cheating behavior, and right from the start she was lying her ass off to everyone and trying to blame it on her irrational husband. Not to mention that bitch of a grandmother. I know she's fictional, but i wish she had a miserable remainder of her life. There's no believable way a self respecting man would reconcile with a lying cheating woman, who cheated at least 3 times, and with a family that would use their influence to attack him through his career to get what they want. I wouldn't sue the grandma, i'd sue the company and see about the old lady having an accident somewhere, old bones and all that. You never know when she might fall and not be able to get up, and she probably doesn't have life alert.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Steve was depressed enough to consider suicide and felt like he had lost everything.

It's easy to see why he didn't want to lose his job.

hellseeker666hellseeker666about 9 years ago
Started as an interesting story but ...

just went to be a story of how to break a man's willpower and subdue to grandma's wishes. This guy was stripped out of his balls by the author, exactly when he needed the most. Company imposed counseling? bullshit! He just needed to leave the state, and tell everyone to kiss his ass!

1 star for castrating the victim!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Such a promising beginning

Such a wimpy end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This story is

much too long to have such a dissatisfying ending. Crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This story is

Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Charter Member of Cucks Are Us!

Title says it all. Steve effectively sucked the cum of the Sluts lovers right out of her cheating cunt. Maybe not physically but in every important way a man can measure himself a man. He allowed himself to be browbeaten, cajoled and manipulated into taking the Slut back. Failed story, failed ending, totally failed writer.

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
I tried

I really did try to read this one all the way through, but in the end, I barely made it past page 10. It's just one long winded excuse for bad behavior, for cheating, for disrespect. It's a full on slap in the face of any woman that has suffered through the personal torture of a miscarriage, to use that as an excuse for being a cheating fuck!

It's the usual garbage, excusing cheating, or any bad behavior for that matter, using the tired old 'Marriage counseling' in order to say "It's everybody else's fault that I have no morals, or restraint. I can do what I want, because the counsellor I PAID says it's not my fault!"

That's all 'therapy' is. An expensive and drawn out abdication of responsibility. Just like everything else in this day and age; It's not my fault!

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
Some Thoughts!

Didn't mind the length of story. His angst went on way too long and he did nothing wrong.

1) Her lying and disrespect started when they first became committed to each other with her ex-boyfriend. I said it in other comments, when a person lies and disrespects before marriage, she will do it after the marriage. He would have been a lot happier if he had dumped her then...for good.

2) The sex was terrible since the honeymoon??? They were married for some twenty years (I think). Why didn't he ever say anything. She started taking him for granted real early in their marriage...again no respect for him.

3) Not telling him about the miscarriage shows how much she respected and loved him. No excuses for this.

4) Christmas party with Jimmy-boy. Speaks for itself in her respect for him. Then getting angry at him after the party even though everyone else knew that Jimmy-boy was an ass. (This would have ended it for me.)

5) Why didn't she want a divorce when he asked after the Christmas party. She didn't love or respect him. She was comfortable with him and liked his paychecks.

6) Her third strike with Rafe. Again all the lying and disrespect. She did not love her husband. Also she was cheating with this guy, only her husband being in the park stopped it this time, she did not stop it herself and it would have continued.

7) No need to go to counseling, he should have quit his job and moved on if counseling was a requirement....all it did was make him feel worse.

8) Reconciliation....NO WAY. She was not worth it.

I'm sure I missed some things but what I listed was way too much for them to get back together. She has a history of lying, disrespect and cheating, she will do it again once she gets over this. Thank you for an interesting story even though I don't agree with the ending.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago

This could have easily lost about 3 pages and still gotten the message across.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
Brilliant!

A magnificent story - I can't understand those who nit pick over each individual element of the narrative.

It must all be taken as a whole as an insight into a troubled marriage.

Absolutely top notch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The horse was flogged way to long

I held on as long as I could before skipping to the last page. As always,story was well written and thought out however I had to forward it up to our Department of Redundancy Department.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Never

Never should have reconciled...No Way. At the latest, it was over at the Christmas party.

Too many pages with justifications and excuses!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Get an aggressive editor

This needs to be cut back. A lot.

As for her, she needed to go.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hiya.

Don't listen to them. This is admittedly one of the best that deserves to be in the "Loving Wives" section.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Requital Misdirection

The statement about the wife's miscarriage seemed to lead me in another direction. I thought that someone else had got her pregnant and it was all aboout to come out. I'm glad it did not.

Good story.

harrycartonharrycartonalmost 9 years ago
5 *

A long twisted tale, but very well done.

Congrats !

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
after months and months of sessions

with the counselor it was Nony who put them back together. In the long run the attorneys and the psychobabblers made enough to buy a fleet of boats. And Barbie got away with it again.

A very depressing read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Waste of time

I only made it to page 8 before I skipped to last page and saw where he reconciled with her. Excuse me? She is obviously a pathological liar. I just couldn't stay in this slow boat to China any longer.

Dreaming_CatDreaming_Catover 8 years ago
A Roller Coaster, but ~!@#$%^&*() good storytelling.

In general LW stories seldom have HEA for all the characters, but this one mostly does. I found myself on a roller coaster of loving/hating, empathizing with/detesting the protagonists as the story went up and down, back and forth, here and there. I started on my tablet, wound up with a low charge and was so hooked by the storytelling that I had to get the story back up on my computer after the tablet's charge died, didn't want to wait. Not a usual occurrence for me, but well worth it.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

you know making a man do something he realy doesend whant to do especialy a man like this guy i can promise you it would only make things worse

so its stopid to think some company could have forced him to talk he would have said something around the line of fine if thats how you think about me and the years i have given you then you go fuck yourself that would be one of the more polite awnsers

if you whant to create a hard nose character who doesend take shit you have to draw one line not 10 and hop from one to another so its very bad charachter biulding in my opinion or you have just no idee how a hard ass think's and let me tell you a persen like that will resent anyone who tries to tell him what to do and will do proberly the exact opisite

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
While its...

highly improbable, your take is well crafted and pulls all the right strings...thanks

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
can't see why

As little as she respected her husband, as little as she cared about or for her husband, as little as she cared about her marriage, would someone explain why she didn't just go along with the divorce?

Maybe insist on irreconcilable differences, but why wouldn't she just say 'whatever' and be out of there?

Too hard to believe she would care enough to want to stay married to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Real people captured in a short, focused story

Real people are Not 1 dimensional, we are more crooked than a snake's trail. I know a Nave Seal who has been there and done, if not it all, a heck of a lot of it. He has his his tough side, his sentimental side, his wild side, his careful side and his compassionate side to nane a few. I myself have changed my mind more than a few times. I find these responses to be entirely human.

DHL

nefertiti1330bcnefertiti1330bcover 8 years ago
The Story Held My Attention

Great little story to show the benefits of counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BTB FAN HERE...

BUT one must balance

have she suffered ......yes

did he get pay back ...... yes

is he happier now with her yes

would he been happier with out her.... we could only assume. maybe end up as an angry old man.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@Anonymous 03/22/15

You claim:

"Steve was depressed enough to consider suicide and felt like he had lost everything.

It's easy to see why he didn't want to lose his job."

The truth about depression that deep is that it would make him care less about keeping his job, not more.

When life itself does not feel worth living through the means of that living become less important.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a loser..

What a fucking loser ....being cockolded...then take her back...

Next time she get a chance she will do it again..and again...

Should have put down all three of them like street dog that that acted as.

If I were in his place. I would have wasted them..his wife first..then her fuck buddies. No need explanation..n all the weepy counncelling...

I will ask one question to her..'can you unfuck them'? Answer will always be NO. Then..BAMM.

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago

well i think end is good some time people need second chance some time people learns there faults so some time second chance is the best choice so story is good and end is great and balance

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago

friends i think we are human and human make mistake big or small and when they realize there mistake and accept it and want another chance to live have to give them because GOD give us more then 100 chances to in a day to make correction so at last he want his creation to shear this thing between them once in life so think that way to story is good writer did the same thing

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A thought

These cheating wife stories are some of the best reads here on Lit. I see more than enough BTB stories, stories of getting revenge etc. This one is kind of special. I like to see the characters work it out sometimes, and this was one of those times. Oh, I didn't get that vibe at all in the early pages. It was going the way of most of the other stories, but you made me care for their relationship. Also her whole family, especially Nony and Kim.

While I am not registered, sometimes I just have to give a comment. TY Longhorn

JimC

SampkyangSampkyangover 8 years ago
18 pages

to convince what? he STILL ended up a wimp with the new name chuck...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still a classic. Five stars and exceptionally written. It is hard to believe why she would fight the divorce given her strong reluctance to come clean. Was she hard hearted? Then why stick with such a brief marriage. Was she stupid? Then it is hard to believe she would ever truly come around and be the wife he wanted. I lean toward thinking she will eventually cheat again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very well writen

I most likely would have dumped the bitch. but maybe not. I took one back only to have the same thing happen in less than a year.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 8 years ago
my opinion

If my employer told me that in order to be promoted, I needed to go into marriage counseling with a lying, cheating, totally disrespectful wife, I would have been looking for a new job that afternoon. It's your story, you can write it any way you like. I would not have attended the first or any other session. You can't change what happened..... THREE TIMES. He could do better. And he should have moved on. IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
people make mistakes

Not everyone is perfect and like the counselor said women are built different than men. This all seemed to start after her miscarriage . Her mind and body was in a different state of being . not excusing her cheating but she never let herself go all the way Enough said. In my favorites. A very good story.

Ron

cowboyridecc@ yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a waste...

I can't believe I wasted this much time. I finally quit at page 15 when he took her sorry butt back. Good luck to all. I hope they all get whatever they deserve. SUCKED!!!

Dawgbite38Dawgbite38over 8 years ago

I read this twice to make sure I got this right. If she loved him why did she put him thru hell in the counsellors office.I know she was immature in the letting her bosses nephew get close to her. I also know when she lost the baby she let another man get close too her again and she cheated on her husband. No excuse. Then she put her husband who she said she loves and wants back thru hell so badly he wants to die he was actually hoping too catch something from his sister-in-law so he could die. So if she loved him why would she do that to him when she caused the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You remember that too dear annony sometimes nothing is better when it comes from your dumbass

Gave it a 5 to help the score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Esto es mas largo que eructo'e jirafa

Mas largo que despedida de borracho

NicoMaloNicoMaloover 8 years ago

Fantastic!!!!! Brilliant!!!! Its one of the very best "Loving Wives" stories I've ever read! One of the Best in Literotica!!!!!

Thank you for your time, effort and talent!!!

Nico

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
4 stars

but for the S I L part would gave 5 stars.

that is my right . every story is not a five star tale, hll most aren't even 2 star tales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
EVERYBODY

...should have a savy grandma like Lydia, she had horse since answers. Well thought out story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
DIVORCE COURT

Should of divorced the bitch.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Impressive

As NicoMalo wrote, " Its one of the very best "Loving Wives" stories I've ever read!". I concur wholeheartedly.

As long as the story is, you never let go of the central theme of dealing with infidelity in a survivable manner. Some of the nay-sayers would have him finish the divorce, others approve of the result as it is written, and still others want it to carry on out in ways that don't reach either extreme. Personally, I'd probably have opted for the suicide solution, but I'm a very weak person.

Any story that draws over 380 comments and is read 628 thousand times has definitely passed the popularity test. Kudos to you and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a crock of shit!!!

Take that line of 'understanding' and 'justification' shit down the road because there's a very HUGE ... conscious... AND ... subconscious difference between running a traffic light at a deserted intersection and cheating on your husband by removing your panties from your excited, juicy pussy in preparation to fuck another man.

She was trying to sell him the bullshit that she was in the same frame of mind when she fucked the guy(s)?? Not hardly. and you wrote that she had him thinking.... ((( but I'm a good example that isn't always that case. I ran the darned light without a second thought…no thinking about whether it was right, wrong, or indifferent. There's just no getting around it." )))

It's a good story but you have some outrageous bullshit mixed into it. In the real world, (the same one that she has to live in) the bitch consciously, selfishly and intentionally betrayed the wedding vows she made to her husband. To him, that betrayal was no different than if she'd thoughtlessly poured a bucket of ugly all over what to him was treasured and beautiful. What she did cost them their marriage... plain and simple.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 8 years ago
I've noticed something

A lot of anons spend their time imaging in graphic detail what their wives or characters wives are doing when they cheat. They use lurid, pornographic details about their wet pussies and the other man's hard cock. And this happens way too often to be an occasional coincidence.

One would almost think the anons like the one below me are turned on as they read stories here and imagine women cheating on them. They're angry to, clearly, that's why they come into the comments to yell and scream and make sure we know they're real men who don't like this stuff, but those occasional slip ups I think reveal more about them then they'd like to admit.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 8 years ago
reply to frontlinecaster

I read the anon. comment you referred to and saw nothing that I didn't agree with. To me, what was written seemed well thought out and expressed. Perhaps you have some professional training that permits you to analyze and re-present what some one else is thinking but it's my experience that the World is loaded with full of shit 'professionals' who ignore that they get it wrong 95% of the time but crow like barnyard cocks to bring attention to the 5% when they were accidentally right.

I liked the story, too, but I saw the same flawed thinking from the author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I truly hate cheaters and what his wife did was terrible . She cheated before they were married which would of been it for me , then the disrespect at her company party which would of caused me to smash a bottle over his head , then the actual physical cheating . The touching and intent to eventually fuck is bad but the emontialcheating could be even worse. Even with all that what he did is so much more unforgivable fucking her young, drug addict sister with sister being the worst part of it. All that aside excellent story

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
Her whole family was nuking futz,

from her grandmother on down. And Steve was stupid, no doubt about that. She cheated, she lied and she took up with everyone who wanted her. I even think there were probably more he didn't know about. She had a miscarriage and didn't tell him, no one in the family knew? Bullshit on that. His insurance would have contacted him, at least for the deductibles if she would have used it. She didn't tell him about the baby for one reason and one reason only. It wasn't his and she didn't spontaneously abort, she had a D&C and that's the reason for that. I know that I commented on this before, just didn't find it this time, but the boss and the other people involved in coercing him to stay with the slut were so far ou t of line the couldn't see the line anymore. Too fast, too long and too loud. George Jones, where are you when we need you the most?

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Second time reading

It could be because I have read this story previously, but it seemed to drag and have too many redundancies and reputations making it unnecessarily a rather long tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
As a retired mental health professional..

Little in this story reflects real life.... The therapist here was irresponsible in not looking at the deeper issues.

I'd suggest that the serious reader who's looking for real and practical healing guidance read "Getting the love you want" by Harville Hendrix. Many therapist and councilors today use this book as a fantastic tool to help those in need.

enjayemenjayemabout 8 years ago
Had to give up

around page 8. Suspension of disbelief had vanished and I found myself scrolling through it, not really reading. I've been there myself and nobody goes through that much bullshit counselling. It just dragged out too long and I lost interest. Sorry but I one bombed it for the simple reason I just couldn't finish it. Mind you, I feel the same about "To Kill a Mockingbird" so you're in pretty exhalted company!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hard for me to read

I identify too strongly with the guy and quickly hate the wife. I have to be careful not to transfer it to my own faithful wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WTF...

The councelling just keep on dragging on n on...I lost interest at page 7 or 8.. just skip to last..page. Seek g him reconciled..m shocked! That pathological liar whore Got her way..

If I were Steve I will have divorce her n never agree to councelling in the first place..n fuck the shit out of her sister..n throwing it on Deb face...

But American men are too wimpy ass shit...no wonder their society is in turmoil..women wear the pant in the family...wine a woman is in control or authority...everything goes to shit..coz its not natural..she wasn't made or evolved to b in control over men.

In our part of the world both Deb n her lover would have either end up dead on that park..or goes missing with out a trace or evidence.

But Fuck American men are pussy.

I wish she cuckold him again..n this time right in front of him..coz most American men loves to cuckolded isn't it...I bet Steve will b in paradise..

Fucking hate the fucking story...

To me infedility is an unforgiving crime...the only end is either kill the slut n her lover or divorce.

You do the crime you pay the time...

I love burn the bitch stories....but most loving wife story here have a simply ass husband..n let the slut of a wife get a way with it..

FUCKING STUPID.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too long?

Excellent story. I did not find one paragraph where the flow of the story sagnated. These anonymous commenters who stated this story was too long, are Cretins who should stop reading these stories and go back to reading their comic books!

Lo_PanLo_Panabout 8 years ago
Too long.

Just too much. You keep pounding out the whole betrayel and counseling angle far too much. It's almost bordering on a pathological need to hurt the reader. Most of this is complete drivel. Any sane man would have just pushed the divorce through long before the end of the counseling sessions.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
It is a bit long.

Sorry, but I do believe that this tale has been drawn out and so spoils what would have been an excellent read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
@ dissmiss

I respect your opinion that the story is " too long ". Nevertheless there is enough quality writing in the story to generate 400 comments . Longhorn_07 wrote it apparantly for readers like me who enjoy taking the literary scenic route to the conclusion . I thank him for sharing.

reader_3634reader_3634almost 8 years ago
****

Good story and the only part that really did stretch credibility too far for me was that Barb had only given her lover 2 handjobs (and not naked ones at that). Yes, the story was on the long side (but not uniquely so) and you cant win with that. Too short and the story seems rushed, too long and you get complaints about how much you have to read, break it into chapters and readers get bored waiting for the next chapter to come out. Overall I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Awesome story!!!

Usually the stuff here is more focused on the sex part, but I was glad to find this gripping tale. You've got talent man, keep writing such awesome stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Enjoyed enjoy red

I enjoyed the story even though it was a tad long but it had to be to work thru all the issues involved..In my favorite list have read numerous times.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous