All Comments on 'A Night For Old Time's Sake'

by Penelope Street

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
Very sweet

What a lovely story.

So nice to see two people manage to overcome their fear and find each other.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Awwwwww

Oh, darling. This was such a pretty story. And it all turned out rather intense in the end. A+, lovey. Marvelous. :)

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Loved it!

Great story of regrets, lost opportunities and second chances. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Love lost, Love found

Penny,

You are a wicked, wicked girl! Love lost, hopes dashed, flames flicker in the breeze of life only to be fiercly rekindled as they consume two happy lovers. That was beautifully writen. You've a wonderful way of setting the mood as your stories progress. BRAVO!!! Please, take another bow for your audience.

Sincerely,

Mike

neonlyteneonlyteabout 19 years ago
Nice Portrayal

Nicely portrayed story of insecurity.

After all the fabrication, I fear for 'what happens next'!

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinabout 19 years ago
You earned my five vote

Penny,

You may actually write better than you critique, and that's saying a lot. I'm not sure, though. I'll have to re-read this before I can make a final decision. But seriously, that was a fine piece of writing.

Rumple

amicusamicusabout 17 years ago
moving,touching, deeply felt

Well, damn. I came here as you are part of Group A, in Minsue's writerly contest and I thought to just try to get an idea of your style.

You brought tears to my eyes twice, when each revealed the truth, but I am a sentimental sap anyway, so it may not mean much.

I do feel like I have discovered a writing soulmate, as they way you played with emotions and circumstances is so like some of my work that it felt uncanny. Never mind that I named a daughter, my youngest one and last one, Penelope also, my Penny.

I must add, to be honest, that the style of the ending, the words you chose, disappointed me, but that is a stylistic opionion and not a criticism.

So a couple hours later, I know I will not have enough energy left to continue trying to determine each of the authors in our little exercise but it was a thoroughly worthwhile and pleasurable diversion and it was of my own choosing, although I did not expect to be drawn to read until the conclusion, but I just had to know the ending.

Thank you

Amicus....John Cole

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent story that brought me to tears twice

You write so very well, with realistic converstations that convey so much feeling and action. I was moved to tears of joy more than twice. I can't wait to read the rest of your stories here. Are there other stories or books that you have written? I would gladly buy them. Keep writing, please.

davebccanadadavebccanadaover 12 years ago
Author! Author!

In your limited space you build your main characters like a Shakespeare. Given the latitude of a full length novel I am sure you are (or could be) a published author.

An excellent story well delivered that kept me captivated to the very end. Thank you, Penelope.

~ Dave

Whitewater64Whitewater64over 9 years ago
Well done!

Well-paced, with a gradual unfolding of your characters which keeps up the reader's interest. Dialogue "sounded" real without the difficulties of duplicating "real" speech. Danielle's difficulties were well-planned before you started writing and so skillfully foreshadowed. I didn't get quite the same sense with Craig, but as you were saving his situation for the reveal at the end, that's fair. Good romantic story - even the sex was romantically drawn! Very well done indeed. I look forward to reading what comes next in your queue!

lowkeyonelowkeyoneover 8 years ago
WOW

You are a fantastic story teller. The story finished as I suspected but the twists and turns leading to completion very terrific. THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wrong category!

This isn't a romance, it is a cheating wife/loving wife story!

StubbyoneStubbyone10 months ago

What a wonderful little love story, full of angst and unfulfilled emotion. Your writing is superb. Iā€™m so glad I found your site. An easy 5-šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous