All Comments on 'Valentine's Day Anniversary'

by Jonathan Pryce

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
MikeAndJanMikeAndJanabout 19 years ago
Different but so sweet!

OK, not the cock-rising, get-to-the-fucking story that most readers prefer..., but very good!

I absolutely loved it! Well written and believable.

Write on!

Rich

GhostbearGhostbearabout 19 years ago
Wow

What a sweet story. I liked the twist at the end too.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 19 years ago
What More

can I say. besides 'great'? Your story and yourr'e writing was excellent. A real "loving wife" story. Not the usual 12" black cock and cum eating husband shit that gets in this category.

Bravo

Gary

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
Love

well written a great love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
First Rate

Your story had alot of changing emotion,just like a first rate movie.The best story I've read in the loving wives catagory ever. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great

Probably one of the greatest I have read on here. It was well written. More realistic than most and not full of just sex.

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
TEARS OF JOY!

You sure know how to make a grown man cry!

Lot of different emotions! First rate story all the way!

There is a lot of teaching in this story. Never let you and your spouse go to bed angry! And never leave the house in a fit of anger! Yelling Fuck you! to someone you supposedly love is damn near a sin!

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate!

sculptjimsculptjimabout 19 years ago
Good Valentine's story

You have a lot in this story. It helps with some healing. I think your story will help stop many from bleeding. Help them move on. No one can live with the pain forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Lovely

Heartfelt and heart wrenching. My only caveat is that I think this would have been a better fit under the romance category, though it is nice to read a story that really is about loving wives.

tnperverttnpervertabout 19 years ago
Valentine's Day Anniversary

This has to be one of the best stories I have read so far. Thanks so much. Keep them comming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Hmmmmm question, question.

Doesn't the underage rule apply to contest entries??

"The first time we made love, when we lost our virginity to one another, she was 16 and I was 15"......"So I let her control the pace, let her press herself against me, slowly pushing me inside her, and I held back with all I could for being a 15 year old boy full of raging hormones."

Unless I'm mistaken THIS shouldn't even have been posted in the first place!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
choked up

I loved the story it brought tears to my eyes to imajine being loved like that thank you.

doormousedoormouseabout 19 years ago
Not many stories make me cry

That was just so sad, so beautiful, so... just a fantastic story.

You got this mouse crying like a baby lol

Loved it, just a gorgeous, well written story. Well done. ;-)

doormousedoormouseabout 19 years ago
Actually

" Hmmmmm question, question.

02/04/05 by Anonymous in New Mexico

Doesn't the underage rule apply to contest entries??

"The first time we made love, when we lost our virginity to one another, she was 16 and I was 15"......"So I let her control the pace, let her press herself against me, slowly pushing me inside her, and I held back with all I could for being a 15 year old boy full of raging"

You are allowed to recall back to times of pre-legal age activities. Maybe you need to read the rules again anonymous.

rip32rip32about 19 years ago
Not Willing

Jen was not willing to give up her job to save the marriage, but she was willing to give it up to end the marriage. She left without doing the work that was so important that she would ignore her anniversary, even though she knew how upset her husband was. Just what did he lose?

AnonymousCriticAnonymousCriticabout 19 years ago
Excellent criticism

Rip points out a key inconsistency in the plot. But it also highlights a key to criticism (at least for me). Pointing out something potentially problemmatic in a wonderfully written and moving story is often done because the story was so good. Why bother to point it out in a piece of crap where the author has dozens of other things to take care of before it becomes a decent, let alone good, story. Comments that may look harsh are often made because the author has done such a good job that a reader feels he is capable of even better.

Perhaps there is something in her personality that explains why she can pass up her work to be angry with her husband but not to engage lovingly with him. But it hasn't been expressed to us so it seems like irrational behavior. Unexplained irrational behavior detracts from a story.

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
Well written,

but as others say, the wife is not worth his sadness.

She is the one who wanted to disregard Valentines day and their anniversary.

Do we have a double standard operating here?

Any guy who acted as she did would be labelled "World's Biggest Arsehole".

So she is just as bad.

Then she ran home to mum and still did not do the work anyway. Stupid woman could have stayed home and celebrated with her husband, still lived and been no worse off at work.

He did nothing for which he should feel any guilt whatever.

cwbuddycwbuddyabout 19 years ago
Thank You

This is hard to type thrue blurry eyes. What a wonderful loving story, THIS IS WHAT LOVING WIVES IS ABOUT!!!!!!!!

I guess the people who nit-pick about rules and plot points don't know what it is to be in love and to lose love only to be lucky enought to find it again.

NOW I'M JUST BABLING.

ANYWAY.

I loved this story, there are a few, but not many, stories online that bring me to tears.

This is a gem about love and lose in all it's purity and I am glad I stumbled on it.

CW

Lou NuttickLou Nuttickabout 19 years ago
Not necessarily a plot hole

Perhaps an unbiased reader might believe that the wife is as much, or more, at fault for the fight, but the story is told in the first person, in other words, from the point of view of the narrator. The husband (narrator) and feels guilty for the death, and guilt is not always logical.

Whisky7upWhisky7upabout 19 years ago
Doormouse

I'm not so sure about flashbacks to a time the characters were under 18, being within the rules.

I had a story (Reach for the Star) with far less detail than here, rejected last year. I queried it and I was told it was okay for a reference such as 'I lost my virginity at 16' to be included but that no description was to be allowed.I had to 'age' my character for the story to get accepted.

Jonathan PryceJonathan Pryceabout 19 years agoAuthor
I made a mistake...

when I used under-18 ages for part of the story. As a result, my story was temporarily removed for the site. My sincerest apologies to all who were offended. The ages weren't integral to the plot, so I removed them and new readers won't have any idea what's missing. And I learned a valuable lesson for future stories.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback so far! :)

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Hey, Kanga

Has anyone EVER said women were LOGICAL?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Well done

Totally impactful story. Well done, Jonathan. Good-luck in the contest! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Finally in the right catergory

WEll done Jonathan!! i liked this story very much- much better than the orgy of cheating wives from your "Christmas" story...Well written and wonderfully worded. great Val day entry...good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Sound like someone that is insane.

And crazies are not erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What a beautiful love story

It's not often that anyone gets a love like Jen and after a horrible loss gets a second chance at love. Great story write more of them. This Horny 'ol Sailore loves them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

You may be a new author but your stories are first class.

Keep up the good work and I am hoping that we will see a lot more.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Eh!

I really don't care to read about psychos.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
Ha !!

I really don't care to read psychos comments!

BTW- the story was superbly written with great writing skills.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
HVD MRS LINCOLN

now that play is over news at 11. TK U MLJ LV NV

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Thank you!

Very emotional, very well written and heart-going.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
I aologize

You are capable of writing a very good story. Why we you stop?

DeanofMeanDeanofMean2 months ago

Not at all what i expected, i think another page would have smoothed out some choppiness fascinating players dids bot see the end coming thats a rare thing for me well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous