All Comments on 'Two Ordinary People'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I don't normally add comments but....

I have enjoyed your stories for a couple of years now, and while good, this one is over the top. I didn't know I could get tears in my eyes reading, but this one did it.

You built the characters up, brought them together, and the transformation was extraordinary. Well done. More of the same quality please....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very enjoyable

It is nice when good things happen to good people!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Sheesh

An unexpectedly great story, especially for a site like this. Good things do happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A Rich Life

I wanna life like that. Thanks best damn story I have read in quite a while.

Swede

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story

First time I have written comments on any story. I really enjoyed the people coming together in the story. While reading the story a friend of a friend called to offer a large discount on a product my mother needs. Her comment was your friend said your mother needs it so, that was good enough for her. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Author Challenged to Prove Assertion!

".....Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton, Ted Turner and even Donald Trump individually and collectively will have been shown to have made a far more notable contribution to society than the Dali Lama and Mother Teresa..."

That's the most idiotic observations on humans and human nature I've ever seen: in fact, it is quite "normal" for "normal" people to say such idiocy!

Neither Bill Gates nor Sam Walton could PERSONALLY create more WEALTH than you or me or a dirt poor farmer or seasonal migrant worker; it is true, however, that Bill Gates and Sam Walton's heirs are positioned in society (some born into it; others worked their way to it) to MANAGE tens of billions OUR COLLECTIVE WEALTH!

"Wealth" is MEANINGFUL only as a COMMUNAL thing; it can not be created by one person alone.

You don't believe me, you can load up Bill Gates $40 odd billion dollars --- in gold, diamond, software or in whatever form of "wealth" you want --- and send him on the next space shuttle,,, make sure it has enough fuel to the MOON, and see what kind of life style Bill Gates, or any one by themselves, would function up there BY THEMSELVES, with NO EXCHANGE between them and us down here!

Please, just write little fictional stories; don't say stupid things that you have not had the time to truly reflect upon.

"Common sense" (e.g., Bill Gates personally produce more wealth than the Dalai Lama or Mother Teresa, or a migrant worker who work 10 hours a day picking delicate fruits and vegetables which go straight into your refrigerator), for the most part, makes the masses miss fundamentals, making them say things OBVIOUSLY not true to some of us, but things which they --- the masses, as Thorstein Veblen would say --- have no doubt about.

Now that I mentioned Veblen, one of Einstein favorite thinkers, I might as well mention another "common sense" occurance that happened to Einstein: I believe it was the great German mathematician David Hilbert who made fun of Einstein, saying "Herr Einstein wants to replace physics with geometry, but everybody in the streets of Gottingen knows more geometry than him."

The digressing example is to point this, dear erotic author: just because YOU think something is OBVIOUSLY TRUE (that, for example, Bill Gates creates more wealth than a migrant worker or Mother Teresa) DOES NOT make it so! There's likely a truer or more accurate explanation for things and beliefs you hold to be "self-evidence"! lol

wildwildbestwildwildbestalmost 18 years ago
Moving

Dinsmore, I have read much of your writing but this, my dear author, is the best. Not a sexy story but a story of a million intimacies...about healing...about real love. Sex is wonderful, but love is the one thing that is bigger than all of the bad and good things in Pandora's Box.

ddpmanddpmanalmost 18 years ago
Another Home Run

I know when I see a tale written by Dinsmore I will not be disappointed. These 'Two Ordinary People' add up to an outstanding tale. There is a lot of fine people in this country that open their hearts when there are friends in need.

Paniolo BoyPaniolo Boyalmost 18 years ago
Good Work As Always

I have to echo the comment made by another reviewer. I'm never disappointed when I read your stories. This one started off very differently from most of your other work and I wasn't sure how it would progress. However your ability to hold the story together and weave a credible tale is very good. I look forward to reading more of your work.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
A must read! Superb Romance and everyday people

I'm so happy I found your stories a few weeks ago. You are without a doubt a fantastic writer. This story is just one hell of a romance.

Just thank you

leapyearguyleapyearguyalmost 18 years ago
Two comments

Very smooth read Great romance story, IMO and it only my opinion, I would have liked alittle more struggle on his part to find his part time jobs. Like go see the man that sends to another man that sends you to another man. my other comment is, MAN you even got 100% from the guy you pissed off about your Bill Gates comment. Thats something, I love it when you can kick a guys ass and he says thank you and pats you on the back. Way to go!

LadyFalconLadyFalconalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful

I really liked your story. There isn't much more I can say that others haven't already stated. This was my first read by you. I will be checking out your other work. :-) LF

d4rk4ngeld4rk4ngelalmost 18 years ago
Wow

I have to admit, honestly, that with the disclaimer, I didn't expect much, but the story was simply WOW. I love the way you got down to reality a couple of times, a little backwoods-y *gosh* *Darn* etc.. but an excellent read. I am officially hooked!

4ngel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Super!

A most satisfying story which is good as the best of your stories. I agree that a good romance needs to explore the beauty that love can bring to our hearts rather than a dung heap.

Regards, Boyd

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 18 years ago
Forget the disclaimer

This just might be your best story yet. Rod is finally forced to grow up. By doing so he becomes a MAN, wins Shelly and discovers what true friends are. Shelly discovers what a REAL man is like and what love is all about. That allows her to come to grips with / overcome her past, she heals. What parts of real life did you miss? Most of us have to deal with major parts of this in our lives. Hopefully not the abuse that she did, but as a man I have delt with most of what you had Rod deal with, lost jobs, wasting time and money, not making true friends, just get along go along. Been there done that, couldn't afford the T-shirt. Change the attitude and life gets much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Marvelously done

Great love story. Superb character development and above and beyond the mundane for a personal development of your main characters.

Honesty in character always wins and proved Rod to be a Real Champion.

Best ending ever!

TLeeTLeealmost 18 years ago
Outstanding

Without a doubt the best story ever posted on this site. Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful story. And, more importantly, thank you for sharing it with me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Reply to the socialist rant disguised as intellect

Another great Dinsmore story, now on to other issues...

Anything written by Veblen should come with a mandatory health warning, to wit: “Even limited exposure to this drivel has been shown to cause permanent brain damage.” H.L. Menken put this faux thinker in his place early in the last century:

“…a cent’s worth of information wrapped in a bale of polysyllables.... It was as if the practice of that incredibly obscure and malodorous style were a relentless disease, a sort of progressive intellectual diabetes, a leprosy of the horse sense. Words were flung upon words until all recollection that there must be a meaning in them, a ground and excuse for them, were lost. One wandered in a labyrinth of nouns, adjectives, verbs, pronouns, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions and participles, most of them swollen and nearly all of them unable to walk. It was, and is, impossible to imagine worse English, within the limits of intelligible grammar. It was clumsy, affected, opaque, bombastic, windy, empty. It was without grace or distinction and it was often without the most elementary order.... Worse, there was nothing at the bottom of all this strident wind-music – the ideas it was designed to set forth were, in the overwhelming main, poor ideas, and often they were ideas that were almost idiotic. The concepts underlying, say, “The Theory of the Leisure Class” were simply Socialism and well water.”

There are several appropriate quotes here that all begin with, “Never argue with an idiot…” More accurately, never argue with a socialist who is essentially just a communist in a nice suit. Let’s see now…”collective wealth”...”communal thing”, ah, yes, all the typical left wing phrases combined with an incomprehensible writing style and a thought process devoid of logic.

Read mindless, bombastic, addled clap trap and you are doomed to write it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
EXTRA Ordinary

The title is misleading in that many people faced with similar circumstances would turn to self pity, drugs or alcohol. By the inclusion of slow romantic love that builds to an unquenchable inferno of sex and mutual adoration, the author has created a modern day fairy tale.

Simply outstanding. A great read.

BBEBBEalmost 18 years ago
Great story!!!!

Thank you for this wonderful story of REAL people & REAL life!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This is How It's Supposed to Work

This is not just a couple's story. It is also a story about the sacred bonds of a community. You don't hear much about community these days except from politicians who mean something different. This is about the real thing - people helping people because they recognize the goodness and decency of another. I love it. And it was great to see the story illustrate how it ought to work when it works - to everyone's benefit. Thank you.

reader13reader13almost 18 years ago
Excellent!

Good English, good plot, good characters. What more can one ask for? Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 18 years ago
Sorry, but these folk aren't ordinary!

Well done once again, Dinsmore. I don't think your characters are capable of being "ordinary" - they're always big!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great New Steps

Dinsmore,

Thank you for writing a story that is truly touching. Life isn't perfect, but thank you for creating characters that make life perfect for themselves and others around them. Thank you for making me believe in life, its values, and its relationships.

northbaybearnorthbaybearabout 17 years ago
Amazing and Real!

It's amazing what can be accomplished after one stops being a victim. Love, friendship and hard work, the paths to the sunny side of life. Thank you for another beautiful story, with a dab of hot lovin' included.

JackofMyTradeJackofMyTradealmost 17 years ago
All Right!!!!

That was a very good story and showed clearly that if a person puts out his feelers and stays in touch with people that he can change his life for the better. There's nothing more dumb in my opinion than a person sitting there blaming people or things that have "done" things to him. A person is responsible for his own conditions and no one else.

Great story. Thanks.

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Two Very Special People!

You still have to write another wonderful story about

two ordinary people!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I know you through your readers!

There is no better way, I think, to talk about your talent and the value of your work than to refer to the thoughtful, supportive, and intelligent comments made by your readers. If I didn't love the beauty of your ideas in this story so much that I must compliment you for it personally, I would simply tell you that your readers say it all. --- I guess I did say just that!!!

In any case, one reason the story is beautiful is because you were able to marshal the beauties of our country by presenting the values most of us hold common in one individual and also show the great-heartedness of our people.

Your presentation is a great tool to show why it is no great mystery thatCD we shoulder the load for almost every one in the world who needs help. I wonder why we are so hated for it.

FarahKhanFarahKhanover 15 years ago
An extra Ordinary tale by an excellent writer

This is the first time i have read a Dinsmore tale with "Ordinary" characters. He nails it once more.Please come back and write some more romance stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful Story

Every time I think it doesn't get ant better, it does. Great story, brought tears to my eyes.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Extraordinary story about two ordinary people

It was ordinary people, whose names we'll never know, who made America great. They were mostly honest people--they got their hands dirty, didn't have much money, raised their families, taught their kids "to do the right thing," and helped their friends when they needed help. There's a lot to be said for the ordinary people who work two jobs and who will never sit behind a corporate desk. Dinsmore, you've shown us that ordinary people are capable of extraordinary things. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fabulous

Since discovering your work 4-5 days ago, I can not get enough.

You are able to touch me like no one has in awhile.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very inspiring

This was a very inspiring story about folks getting their lives back on track. Thanks for sharing it with us.

hanibtorrhanibtorralmost 11 years ago
Great Job

Just like the people in your story. You did Great Work. And warned my Heart.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Money doesn't buy happiness

I grew up being the son of a Car Dealer with everything i needed except for a family who loved each other. I am now an electrician who makes just enough to be happy and love my life and those who are in it. Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
richest

this is a great story

richest is not what is in your pocket

but what is in your heart

magevmagevover 9 years ago
What an uplifting story!

I love your writing, you always have such sweet little stories, and this one is especially uplifting with so much kindness and sweetness :). Please continue writing such stories :).

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
You pulled it off in style

The only missing piece was Jan cooking the crow and serving them all a nice healthy slice heh. Seriously -she was so much in the the establishment of the relationship then just sort of faded away without making her observations -

But the story was a winner

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The story isn't bat at all but...

...the elitist attitude is disappointing. Might explain the premature downsizing I'm sad to say. I'm no "Left Wing socialist" you despise, but a personally accountable, classic constitutionalist. Being that, I find the content and tone of your preamble discouraging.

Like it or not, not everyone can be a "wealth collector", and without any foot soldiers as it were, the Sam Waltons of the world would be broke. Sam recognized that and leveraged the talents and efforts of those folks to succeed. Like it or not, 95% of the inhabitants of earth aren't wealth nor do they have a giant cock or huge tits. It's not wonder in a site deluged with these types of characters, the ones that easily rise to the top, do not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Dinsmore, what do you think about Donald(Adolf)Trump now?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Of the 5 people you mentioned in your intro.....

only 2 did any of the grunt work to get to where there are. Bill Gates paid, I believe, $20,000 for DOS and used that to make his first millions. Ted Turner and Donald Trump came from money. That leaves Steve Jobs and Sam Walton. Of those 2 Sam Walton, to the best of my knowledge, was the only 1 to treat those that worked for him with any decency. While Sam was running Walmart the workers were paid well because Sam knew that if your workers were paid well they would do better work and provide better customer service. The better customer service the more likely those customers would be back. Return customers meant more sales and more money. Steve Jobs made Apple into a status symbol and everybody wanted that status. The customer service, from what I know, isn't that great and the products are a little behind when it comes to phones especially but it's that status symbol of having the newest iPhone. Never squat on those that do the grunt work because those people are necessary. Try having wealth or making wealth without the grunt workers to do the actual work. It doesn't happen.

foolscapfoolscapabout 8 years ago
@anonymous "Of the 5" It's obvious that no actual brain cells were used in the posting of that nonsense.

Can you substantiate beyond your obvious prejudices? And "google it" is not ample support

Lautz73Lautz73about 8 years ago
Foolscap

Those things that I didn't know for certain I used the words "to the best of my knowledge" or "from What I understand". I do know that iPhones tend to lag behind those of other companies. Many come out features a year or 2 before the iPhones have them. Apple is more of a status symbol than anything else. I will give Jobs credit with inventing "windows". Gates stole the idea after Jobs invited Gates into help with it. Jobs was stupid and didn't have it copyrighted before hand (another thing Gates got millions for that wasn't even his). So if you have any issue with anything that I have said prove me wrong. The "little guy" is more responsible for the "big guy" doing well and Dinsmore, while a good/great writer, is squating on the little guy. Being a liberal or conservative has nothing to do with it and yet feels the "little guy" is somehow beneath him as a "conservative". It was just a reminder that the "little guy" is just as important, if not more so, than the "big guy" that gets the credit.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
I love this story

But I liked your opening comments best of all. Most will not understand your comments today... Read the book "Pendulum" by Roy Williams. We are in a we generation of sheep...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
@Lautz73 03/25/16

re:

I will give Jobs credit with inventing "windows".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, no he didn't.

The guys behind Apple saw a computer with a GUI at the Xerox PARC (R&D) facility and copied it.

Xerox was stuck on being a copier company and did not want to go into computers so they had not patented it or developed it further.

Probably explains why Apple didn't patent the GUI, Xerox could show 'prior art'.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Thank you for taking the challenge

It's a pleasure to read a story about good people.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What can I say, another wonderful love story by this writer. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
assnomeous me!!!

toooooo much edumacion produces wasteful people. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

billybardbillybardalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for a lovely romance.

So nice to have two good folks, with not so good histories,

Get together & grow together.

Another great story.

Always appreciate a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent!!! 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️s!

Arinderk75Arinderk75about 1 year ago

A wonderful "down home " story. Kudos!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

And that is why Dinsmore was such a great writer and greatly missed. 5+

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous