All Comments on 'The Trip Home'

by duckiesmut

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Sir_NathanSir_Nathanabout 19 years ago
Heart wrenching fiction

excellent :-)

The TemptressThe Temptressabout 19 years ago
Wonderful

Oh duckie....it is a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
very moving

you said just enough for the reader to place himself or herself in the role of the narrator. and you left out enough for us to personalize it. again, another reason why you are one of my favorite authors. *smiles*

guess who

Col66Col66about 19 years ago
Unanswered questions

As with the best writing, this piece didn't seek to give answers but left me thinking and drawing comparisons of my own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
soft smiles

The bittersweet journey to the corner of the heart that forever remains a little girl, a little girl and her visits with Grampy...kissing your cheek in thanks...~*kata*~

Col66Col66about 19 years ago
Unanswered questions

As with the best writing, this piece didn't seek to give answers but left me thinking and drawing conclusions and comparisons of my own.

cookiejarcookiejarabout 19 years ago
Lovely

What an incredible read, the range of emotions was perfect. Thank you for a story like this. Good luck!

Jonathan PryceJonathan Pryceabout 19 years ago
Loved it.

Great descriptives, great emotional development, great story. Almost poetic in detail. The first story I've read of yours... I'll have to check out others.

Green_GemGreen_Gemabout 19 years ago
Poignant and evocative.

Very beautifully written and comes across as deeply personal. A poignant blend of love, longing, memories and sadness. To write and hold attention like that in the Non Erotic category takes some fine writing skill which you clearly demonstrate. Thank you. You have my 5 vote.

PauperPauperabout 19 years ago
Well done

Very nicely done - it's much harder than it looks to write emotionally evocative scenes, but you've done a marvelous job here.

Keep writing! You've already got much of the hard stuff down!

EllieTalbotEllieTalbotabout 19 years ago
Unexpected and thought-provoking

Every once in a while I come across stories on Literotica that attempt sophistication and genuine emotion. Unfortunately, most of those stories are wordy fits of self-indulgence with all the depth of a kiddie pool.

Not so in your piece. You draw us into your world so we see it through your eyes... with humor, melancholy, and mystery. It's your story, yet you invite the reader to sit down and join you, and even though we're not privy to all the details, we don't need to know them to realize that you're telling our story, too.

It reminded me of another story I once heard simply called, "The Train," as told on a CD series called Celestial Navigations. A very different story, but the emotions were similar. I don't know what it is about trains, but they certainly inspire great storytelling.

Excellent work. I hope it wins.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous