The Solitary Arrow Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lucky bastard," said Danis. "The two are lovely women, I have to say."

Nodding, Ryssa smiled. "Hyandai was a purestrain elf," she said, smiling at the illusory people, "and Harlen and Wendy were purestrain humans."

"So, were they part of the start of the blending?" asked Dannis. "As your thesis states?"

Ryssa held up the palmset. "I have enough proof to verify it, especially if you got permission to go into the Windir Reserve to examine the Embalis dig," she said. "Please tell me you got it."

Danis held up a document printed upon a sheet of thin plastic. "One federal reservation permit," he said, beaming with pride. He thought a moment. "So we're some sort of cousins?" he asked. "Does that call off the wedding?"

"No way on Feldare," said Ryssa with no uncertainty in her voice.

She switched off the palmset and started packing it up, along with the recorder. "I suppose you heard I quit seeing my mentalist," she said as she fussed over the expensive gear.

"Yes, and I meant to ask you why you quit, and quit taking your medication," said Danis.

"Because, my beloved Danis, I am not mentally ill," replied Ryssa. "I am not a nymphomaniac, or any other sort of maniac," she declared as they walked to the awaiting carriage and she put the equipment into the trunk.

They sat in the vehicle and Danis fired up the manareactive motors, and the carriage hummed with power. "How are you so sure of this?" he asked, looking at her as she sat in the passenger seat.

She pulled off her sunglasses and flashed golden eyes at him. "Because I have a fey, not an illness," said Ryssa uncharacteristic confidence filling her voice. "And it is a fey you will love to have around, darling," she concluded, her voice taking on a deeper timbre and a certain level of ominous threat.

*** AUTHOR'S NOTE ***

I wish to thank all of you, the readers of The Solitary Arrow, for following the sprawling tale of Harlen and Hyandai, and their lover Wendy. I hope that the story has been enjoyed by all who have given it the time to read it. It has been a joy reading from each of you your commentary, criticism, suggestions, and corrections. I am honored by the number of people who have chosen to let me tell them a story. I thank you. ---Michael