All Comments on 'The Solitary Arrow Ch. 22'

by mack_the_knife

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks for the story

Thanks for writing it and i hope you write more

so get your self back to that pen and paper or computer and crank another one out cause you have one Devotee right here

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bravo!

Excellent ending to a wonderful tale! I hope you continue your stories of this world and don't hesitate to start up another series. You're a wonderful writer and masterful at keeping things simple yet highly entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Perfect

A satisfying ending to a trulygreat story.My mental image of the deeply moving funeral scene will stay with me for a long time.What a great movie this tale would make.Once again thanks Michael(aka Mack).

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Fine Work

I'm rating and commenting on the story as a whole, rather than the individual chapters. This was a first-rate story, and I very much appreciated the well-thought out plot and conclusion.

As someone who has read a lot of 'romance' novels, as well a lot of erotica, you deserve high praise for weaving a bit of a person's sexual/sensual/love life into a story instead of a bit of a story into purely graphic sex scenes.

Thank you very much for the enjoyable story and I hope you have more ideas!

ohhhdearohhhdearover 18 years ago
Another Middle Earth!

Feldare and its inhabitants remind me more of Middle Earth and its peoples with every installment i read. With one major difference! Unlike Tolkien, this author can feed our hunger for more of a fascinating place and time! Please, bless us often!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Amazing!

I have never shed a tear reading a novel or book before. Even though I have not read many, this was truly an amazing story and I know it will stay with me for a long time. I am certain that you touched a lot of people who stuck with this story untill the end. When I was done reading it I decided to download all the chapter and keep it in a word dockument, for future re-reading, I hope you don't mind. I was suprised at how long the whole story was, 360 some pages, because time truly flied when I was reading. This is more of a book than anything else.

Great work!!!!

SSobotkaJrSSobotkaJrover 18 years ago
Fantastic Fantasy!

Great work, Mack!

From start to finish, this has been a hell of a ride... to see the developing relationships of Harlen and Hyendai, as well as the growth of the side-bar characters has been top-notch, well thought out and incredibly executed. THIS is how erotic high fantasy should be done!

Someday, if I ever get to start up my own publishing company, I want your story to be the flagship title that starts things off right!

Keep up the great work! And, while I know this is the end of Harlen and Hyendai's story, I hope to see more Feldare Tales in the future from you!

You're one-in-a-million, Mack! I'm glad to have read your work!

Maintain and Check Six!

JDsellerJDsellerover 18 years ago
All that I can offer is my thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have enjoyed this series more than any other that I have read thus far. I did jump to conclusions when the org was aborted. This was the only section that I did like or care for. I was amased by the characters in this story. I think that you are a very skillful writer. Please keep weaving these jems of entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Awesome

Great story. Looking forward to seeing more of your writing in the future. DOn't ever stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Truely Great Read

I have greatly enjoyed your tale of harlen and his brides. I am conversly saddened that it is now over but will be awaiting any new stories you dream up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
wonderful ending to a wonderful story

the story was amazing and loved reading each chapter as they came and wish you all the best of luck with what ever your next story line will be and look forward to reading it

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Such a wonderful story

Thank you very much for writing and sharing this story with us. Now I am left with the glow I get from reading a wonderfully written story, and the sadness that comes from knowing that those character's stories are completed.

Please continue to write in this universe, as it has captured my imagination. I don't want this ride to ever end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loose ends

Such a wonderful series, but what happened to the spirit mask?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful series that I hate to see ended

Loved the series. Wish that there were to be more chapters, but unfortunately I realize that all good things must come to an end.

I do hope that we'll be seeing more Feldare Tales. Maybe Trevir and the elf maiden of his dreams meeting up finally? Or whatever, just so long as there is more to read.

kindashykindashyover 18 years ago
Good series.

I am glad you wrote it. It is sad that it has to end. On the other hand, you made a very good ending.

mack_the_knifemack_the_knifeover 18 years agoAuthor
More "Arrow" to come

There are more "Arrow" stories in the works. A couple of shorts are already underway and the rough outline is made for "Arrows in Flight" a second novel. The Solitary Arrow was the first in a arc of novels that will encompass the entirety of Feldare. There is a madness to my method.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great, great story!!!

I was just going to ask if there will be more of Harlen, Hyandi and Wendy but after your comment, Mack, I hope there will be another storyline starting soon!

Thanx a lot for the story so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderfully Written

Very well done, not only just the erotic scenes, but the story as a whole. I'll say right now that its much better then a lot of published fantasy books that I've read.

I am very much looking forward to more tales from Feldare, both shorts and any future novels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
@_@ My god. So good.

I have now read almost every single one of your submissions, and all of them are extremly well written. By far my favorites are the ones with your halflings. Sharesh, I believe her name is. Very, very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thank You!!!

I've read the whole story twice over, and loved it each time... The ending is absolutely brilliant, a stroke of genius! Up there with the best science fiction writings!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
AWESOME

i just finished this story and read the comments and you saind that you would be writeing a sequel to this story. But then i looked at the date and it said that that comment was 2 years ago. So no sequel?

rossnzrossnzalmost 17 years ago
a very good tale

weldone just read it and will do so again at a later date

ross

knightofheartsknightofheartsalmost 16 years ago
The Not-So Fairy Tale

Hyperbole Hyperbole Hyperbole. An impressive and surprising mix of light and dark fiction. I have read few full length novels that have put as much effort into and been rewarded with such an awe-inspiring piece of fiction. Keep up the good work. Flawless victory!^^

jlewis5150jlewis5150over 14 years ago
I'm happy...

...that none of the main players in this story died at the end. One thing I can't stand is becoming so happy for them then someone dies, it bumbs me out.

stindustinduover 14 years ago
crap damn...

It is now 6.41am and I was supposed to be sleeping about 7 hours ago... And this lack of sleep is officially your fault for writing such a compelling and thrilling story. Well, I hope your happy now that my sleep pattern is messed up like a whore on crack. But great story I gotta say!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great story!

Although I was thinking that the mindswitching powers of the elves could have come into play in the threesome...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
loved it

i greatly enjoyed reading this series :)

dmo814dmo814almost 14 years ago
great story

Very good story, imma sucker for happy endings....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great storie

one of the best

Hale1Hale1about 13 years ago
Great finish

I wouldn't have read if it weren't a great story, but the finish was particularly impressive.

silverlifesilverlifealmost 13 years ago
Just great!!

One of the very best I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
STAR

This story all 22 Ch.s desrfe 10 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful

This story was a wonderful tale. It seems like the ones that I enjoy the most here are the stories that don't hammer only on the sex, but include it in the natural order of the story. Where it would belong in the real world. It makes the story that much deeper for me.

Reading this was interesting as well, watching your writing style develop from chapter to chapter as the details grew and you drew more deeply on the backgrounds of your characters to fill out everything in the story. The only thing I can say for the future is to focus even more on the details, as they are the meat that brings a dedicated reader like myself back again and again. Painting the scenes and laying out the world is easily half of the fun.

As for details in the story, I have to say I liked your take on the elves here. Most folks look at them as Tolkinin, tall graceful creatures that are beyond mortal concerns, but here you captures the slight fae folk that I always imagined them to be, with magic in their bones and wildness in their hearts.

Never the end.

Dragonkain

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

nice twist at the end

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenover 12 years ago
Nice endingā€¦

You left yourself lots of room for more stories in the series, if you have them in you. Hint, hint. :-)

I was sure that soul mask was going to show up again. You hinted at it, but then left us wondering. (Minor point, though.)

ladybug71ladybug71over 12 years ago
Wow.....

this was truly an amazing story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Best story on literotica.

I came here for a quick fap, and found a glorious 22 chapter long story filled with adventure and love. I would come home from work every day excited to read the next installment of this series. Not because I'm a horny bastard, but because I connected with the characters, the plot was amazing, and it was jam packed with emotion. When the two lovers were forced apart, I shed many tears. I felt their pain, and I can say I empathyzed with them strongly.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this series a rating of at least 370, it is that good. I found myself in despair as I began to read the last chapter, knowing the adventures of Harlen and friends was soon to be over. I love the way you wrote and structured the story, giving yourself room to expand without making it seem half-assed. I know this is from over 7 years ago (Which blows my mind!) but if you ever check your comments on these stories again, I would request that you please write more. I don't care if it's a whole new series, I love your writing and I can't ge enough of it.

Huge fan mate, hope you decide to do more. 370/10 stars from me :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
MOREPLEASE

Excelent tale! Hope you plan on more of the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic

That was a fantastic tale. I had trouble stopping to do mundane things like sleep and eat. It is one of the best stories I have ever read, either on-line or in books.

Keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
hot damn

Loved the ending: "I'm not a nymphomaniac... I have a fey." <insert devilish grin here>

ladyserenityladyserenityover 11 years ago
Wow.....indeed!!!

I loved this tale from start to end and although i did my best to make it last i could not stop myself from continuous reading.....every spare minute.

What a delightful twist to the end....you provided us with just that little bit more then a happy ending had by all.....even room to fill the time line inbetween. Clever forward thinking.

When can will see more of your enchanting stories.....please don't keep us waiting too long.

Alway hopeful....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks!!!

I very much enjoyed reading this story from start to end.

Wonderful mix of fantasy, romance, action and eros.

Thank you very much!

S.

surrendermesurrendermeover 10 years ago
A Superb Story....

This story has it all...action, adventure, the fey, and just enough erotic to justify placing it on this site. It is one of my very favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A wonderful story

This story was complex, well written and enjoyable from beginning to end. The characters were well defined and the situations showed imagination. it is a very good read and the creativity was amazing.

Wally

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Lovely Enthralling Story

It took a few chapters but I became hooked and really enjoyed this story. Well done and many accolades to the author.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Sad

This was a great story until you cheapened their love by diluting it with Wendy, making Hyandai a lesbian and Harlan a lech. What looked to be a deep selfless love, became shallow and selfish. If you come to understand that God is good, and as there can only be one infinite (God); then there is no such thing as a source of evil somewhere in Creation. There is only Good; but because we were created to be loved by God and to love Him in return; we have to have the freedom to reject God. If we did not, then our love for Him would be meaningless. This freedom of choice is how evil comes to be; but not as a noun, only an adjective describing those who reject God and the good that constantly flows from Him. In other words, we do not choose between good or evil; we either embrace good or turn our backs on it. So all that we consider evil is actually a perversion of good. This is why the perversion of marriage and the love between husband and wife is evil; and why your otherwise wonderful tale was ruined for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
enthralling

a delightful tale with a happy ending for those that survived - my thanks

DM

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
All 22 Chapters

Thank you, loved the story and the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
excellent

Great story - very nice blend of dramatic tension, and character development - Thanks for taking the effort to write this and share it here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent story

This was an excellent story. Well written and a pleasure to read. Thank you for your efforts.

hardheadd1hardheadd1almost 9 years ago
Thank You

Some stories you just hate to see come to an end. This was one of them. Thank you for sharing with us.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Not a single negative comment?

I find that very hard to believe considering all the darkness through this story with little to make up for it. So I can only think since this story does not have a perfect 5 rating that someone is deleting them. Figures.

I have to be a slut cause magic. Accept it!

Elves breed slow but for drama sake and contrary to the lore, the orcs will have her pregnant with a litter.

Dragged this shit on and on and on. Killing rape torture murder mind control manipulation. Yep all the things that make up a "good" story.

Humans need to die off because as a species, we are too evil. Case in point, this story was full of evil and so many people loved it. Entertainment. Humans are despicable

sithonsithonalmost 7 years ago
Good story.

It shows that all sentient beings are never just one thing, wholely good or evil.

We all have the potential to be either and sometimes laudable goals will lead us to great evil if we are not flexible and forgiving of the other beings around us.

Ragnar0587Ragnar0587over 6 years ago

People/readers see what their subconscious wants them to see. If you want evil/darkness you can find it here. If you want to see love/light you can find it here. That is, after all, the human condition. Other creatures are what our fantasy makes them, for good or for bad.

A finely woven story.

Flymaster60Flymaster60about 6 years ago
Great

I do not comment much on the stories i read on this site.... i really loved the chapter of this story... YOU are a MASTER story teller... great job sir

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for a great and well written saga:))

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

I I just read your saga. It was a great story and I really enjoyed it very much. Thank you for your imagination plus the battle was amazing and surprising. I was wondering where the humans were, then you threw a curveballšŸ˜, Wow again

jwmcleanjwmcleanalmost 4 years ago

Wonderful I was sad that it ended as the numbers grew short I was worried that you would not be able to tie it all up. But that Epilogue was the clincher. Excellent work and thank you for the enjoyment you wrought so well in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Best !!!

Possibly the best story in all of the Literotica website.

Thank you :>)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My 2 cents

What a story!! I could not stop until I finished it. Every chapter was a 5 star. I loved the characters and the story line. You have a real talent there. I will be reading more of your stories. Thank you for your time and Imagination.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Truly excllent!

onyx412onyx4129 months ago

What a great tale!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous