The Sickle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I heard a gunshot and the ghoul hit the floor. Bo had shot the ghoul in the back. He ran over and pulled off the mask. He said it was Lucille. I looked at her and I remembered it was the woman that Glen had slapped in his office that day. She was still alive and Bo had them call the local police and an ambulance.

Rita, Clark and I left for home. Bo said he had to stay behind and follow up on the case. He would see us all the next day.

The next day Bo came by to explain everything to us. He told us that it was a good thing he carried his weapon everywhere with him. If not, I would have been another victim. Bo told us he had talked to her in the hospital.

"I didn't even know her, Bo. Why did she try and kill me?" I asked.

"She was Glen's last girlfriend before you. Apparently she figured you took Glen from her. She was the witch that you saw him with at the Halloween party. She said that Glen told her to stay out of the way. He was going after Tinker Bell."

"I never knew that, Bo. Glen never told me about her."

"She vowed to get even with you until she met a guy named Brett. She said he worked at the bank. Of course by now you must have figured out it was your friend, Brett. Anyway she was in love with him. He told her he was going to visit some old friends in West Virginia. She followed him and found out the old friend was you. She vowed to herself that she was going to kill both of you. Brett for cheating on her and you for taking another boyfriend from her."

"Bo, Brett wasn't my boyfriend. Oh, my God, she must have seen us kiss goodbye. He was going to go see her. He loved her, not me."

"She was parked at the burg when he came through. She said he was surprised to see her and pulled over. She knew the rumors about Ravens-Glen and the sickle killings, so she pulled out a sickle and hit him in the neck. She left and went back to Ohio where the police talked to her the next day. She didn't come to the funeral home because she was afraid of being recognized."

"Bo, did you tell her that Brett loved her?"

"That was the last thing she heard before she died," said Bo.

Epilogue:

Wow! It was quite a year. My whole life had changed. I went from single to married in a few months. Then from very poor to very rich. From what I thought was in love to being a widow. Now I'm dating the deputy that has handled my case from the beginning.

I decided to keep the new house on the mountain. It was really beautiful out here in the country. Hilda had talked to her husband and they would live in the house rent free. She would take care of the boys. I had a new house built where the old one stood. It was my humble abode. Even though it cost me a half million dollars, it was worth it. I had everything built in it I could ever want. Everything was new except for my vanity. I guess I went from rags to riches. I thought about moving away but to be honest with you, I had nowhere to go and the boys were actually my best buds and I didn't want to leave them. They visited me everyday after work. Yes, I kept my job. I was happy working and, believe me, I had no pressures at work.

I talked with all of Glen's relatives that owned businesses on the mountain. I told them they could all keep their buildings on the mountain rent free, as long as they owned the business. Any new ownership would require a lease agreement. I didn't need the money and after all they were family now, weren't they?

One day I saw my new best friends, the boys, out playing in the yard. I invited them over and we were eating our ice cream when there was a knock on the door. It was Bo. We were becoming very close friends. I looked at him and realized I always called him Bo or Deputy Ryan. I asked him, "Bo, what is your first name?"

He smiled at me and said, "Ryan is my first name."

I looked at him kind of odd. "What? Your first name is Ryan, then what is your last name?"

"Raven. My last name is Raven, Tammy. Glen was my cousin and got me this job as a deputy years ago. Family always takes care of family," he said.

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are always welcome

DG Hear