All Comments on 'The Sickle'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Excellent story

You get the idea that the family is inbred or something. Course Lucille was an out side nut but the rest were an odd lot.

Well written story and interesting. Good reading.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Good Story!

Who wouldn't love the rags to riches elements to this story. The jutapositioning of poor and rich. Especially like the epilogue which tied everything up with a nice literary ribbon.

Beautifully Written.

Good luck in the Contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Once more I disagree

First is she peter pan or Robin Hood, that's something your editors should have caught. Second, do you know how psychos truly act? And third, what woman is going to go out on a date with a guy she walks in on having sex with another woman? Are you completely blind to a woman's point of view? Much less marry him before meeting his family or seeing where he lives...try again.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Bravo!!

DG! How do you do it? You continue to produce stories of the highest caliber and while 'Exotic Horror' seems to be a new departure for you, you have certainly pulled a great one out of the bag. Good luck in the Contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another good one DG

Story after story of quality. You never let us down. Don't know how you do it. I never can understand why you get negative comments. I guess everyone has a right to disagree but they should be voting the quality of the writing, not their opinions. Again a really good read.

Happy Halloween.

An Avid reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
wonderful!

I really enjoyed your story..its was very very good...thank you!

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
At first I was going to agree with Anon below

To me it didn't make sense either that just because the woman was attracted to the guy, she would let him chase her, sleep with him, then later marry him after watching him having sex with a strange woman at the party she met him at.

Then I got to the part where you said that during college she got around. Then I thought of a bud of mine and a couple girls he got with. People who get around a lot seem to not see that as a problem. Me, that would be a deal breaker. If I saw a cute girl on her back, getting it from some guy, and then later in the night she was asking me if we could go out on a date cause she thought I was cute, there is no way in the world I would even consider it. No freaking way!

But the guy I know has done that before and the girls took him up on it and in one case where a girl, on a date, picked him up. And one girl was working her way into triple "digits" of partners and decided he was next. He couldn't wait to get his turn. Go figure.

So I guess I can see it happening between two people of similar morals.

But the story was plain "CREEPY", but I believe you were going for that. And you suceeded.

But you kinda sprang and closed Doris on us. I mean the part about waking up and seeing her there with a sickle was sudden, but her death was even quicker. And the girl at the party with the sickle was just as sudden and quick a closer.

And I'm sorry, but I guess I'm not liberal enough to feel that any incest in a story can add much to it. I would have been ok with it just being mentioned as reasoning, but describing it pretty much killed it for me.

But other than that it was different story

-Risq

TE999TE999over 17 years ago
Descriptive and well written

Intriguing tale of horror and incest. I liked the overtones of slumbering evil in an ordinary setting. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Reading

I really enjoyed reading this, it was well written i liked the fact that the characters had flaws in them.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
umm...boring

You mention in the beginning that there is a lot of "gore" in your story, but it is just boring. Also, there is nothing erotic about it, so maybe this isn't the appropriate category for your submission. Also, why all the focus on the materialistic things? Umm...no. This story is not good at all.

jzimmerlijzimmerliover 17 years ago
On the fence

about this story. I usually like all of DG stories but this one was.....missing something I guess. I was ready for the gore and didn't really get any. Then I was thinking this was going to be a head game but that came up short too. Now with a little work in either direction I think this would be a kiss ass story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Flat

This was a slow and tortuous read, made so because the writing was very mechanical. This is not your best work. I am torn as to whether the story suffers from having the lead character be female or from having to write in the horror genre. You obviously need work in writing from a female perspective, as evidenced by the simplistic descriptions she gives of glen and herself during sex.

I also thought you had too many loosely connected characters that were given too great a weight of the story to carry. Both Doris and Lucille are character sketches, with Lucile being little more than a name.

In short, this story needed a re-write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Hmm, I like it.

An interesting story. The writing didn't seem to flow as well as your typical story does. I suspected Glen was responsible for the killings and was doing it for insurance money. Doris killing them was a plot twist for me and the copycat killings after her death kind of dragged the story on beyond the natural conclusion.

I like DG Hear's way of wrapping up his stories, his hinting of happily ever after.

BOSTONFICTIONWRITERBOSTONFICTIONWRITERover 15 years ago
This could be a good scary movie.

I agree about the flat writing comments, but I gave you a 5 for the story line and the complexity of the characters in the story. I can see this as a movie or a screenplay for a movie.

Moreover, this was written two years ago and you have improved as a writer since you wrote this piece.

Thanks for directing me to this piece.

AphroditeRebornAphroditeRebornover 15 years ago
WOW

I've read some of the comments from the women about how a woman could meet a man, marry him without knowing diddly squat about him... *guiltily raises hand* ... Thank god he's not a psycho killer {at least not to my knowledge} but the eeriness of the secrets Glen kept from her DID invade my mind as memories as I was reading this story. It's like you crawled into my head and then twisted the story a bit.... *shivers* There are so many writers on LIT that I discover every day and I'm very glad I ran across you... can't wait to read some more recent stories :)

2Xwidderwoman2Xwidderwomanover 14 years ago
Psycho, Tinker Bell, a ghoul along with

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum make for a very interesting Halloween "Who done it" story. Good job DG. I don't know how I missed this one, but it was a good read and I didn't mind the minor gore. 2Xww

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Nice one -

There was even some actual mystery and intrigue to keep everyone guessing.-

Right ti the end you added new secrets that worked well for the story - Ryan Raven EH?? You take care of family - yepper you do -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Congratulations. I think that this is one of the best suspense stories I have read in a VERY long time. There is something about everything, from intrigue, suspense, vengeance, revenge, love, cheating, secrets, fortune (good and bad), etc. etc. What is so perfect in my mind is the weaving of the plot and the characters as well as the consistency of the "family always take care of family". Should we be surprised that Larry and Harry are mentally challenged and the sister, Doris, does not seem to have all her marbles right and in a row? Are these people the results of family incest problems inherited from previous generations?

2 rating scales of 5* each, end-to-end.

BJ

DG HearDG Hearabout 1 year agoAuthor

I just re-read this story. Damn, it was good. Hard to believe I wrote it, haha. Thank you for commenting on it. Much appreciated.

DG Hear

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...