All Comments on 'The Other Woman'

by leapyearguy

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
jkwheeljkwheelover 17 years ago
as it should be

justice!!!

wetapapwetapapover 17 years ago
i love a

good chuckle. a fan always.

EffectEffectover 17 years ago
Interesting

And very nice :) Just a shame he had to wait so long but hey, what's a life of sadness to an eternity of joy and happyness you deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Kind of a mix for me ...

The key phrase: " ... don't take him, he's all I've got" comes from the song "She's All I Got" (Johnny Paycheck).

The title and general theme come from "The Other Woman"

"The other woman isn't prettier than you

But the other woman soothes my wounded pride

And more important I feel wanted again

I can't give up the other woman in my life..."

Good job - neat ending. This story is faintly reminscient of my recent story wtih the same name.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Love It!

The hand of justice reaches out to where we could never imagine!

leapyearguyleapyearguyover 17 years agoAuthor
Sorry DJ

I didn't even think to do a tittle search, it just seemed like the right words. And as far as the lines from songs, sorry again, I don't listen to country western. I've heard the songs you mentioned but I didn't put any deep meaning into the words that spilled onto the keyboard. Thanx for pointing it out, and Thanx again for reading. LYG

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
How Interestingly Different And Pleasing

And now here from a different universe is LYG with a yarn in variance to the norm - again - and thankfully.

Respectfully - your imagination and talent is appreciated with more hoped for at interval.

With High Regard

P.S. - Titles and themes are often repeated here without real offense and none appears to be intended in this case. You are both too good to dwell on this.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Tragically funny!

It's been said there is a story in every country song. This story bears out that assumption. That little middle finger at the end put a delightful cap on this marvelous story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fate comes for Wilbur

Boy Jayne will be sorry that she pissed away Wilburs Love for someone else that had nothing compared to what Wilbur could provide her.

Pat Murray

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Good Story

A good and tragically funny story.

tonyjosie1tonyjosie1over 17 years ago
Here's a wakeup call

It's just a story, but those of us who are among the older readers of Literotica especially should remember that we only have a temporary relationship with that person sleeping next to us.

Treasure each day of it that you may have.

This is hardly an erotic comment, but it is a loving one.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Nice job

Short and very to the point - nice work.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
to tonyjosie

Re. your comment, just wanted to say that I couldn't agree more. You said beautifully what I know so painfully.

charleybearcharleybearover 17 years ago
I liked the story, but...

LYG, I really think the story is good, but apparently unlike most of your other readers here, I absolutely hated the last line of the story. "Up yours Jayne."

From your story it was obvious that though badly hurt by his wife's affair or affairs he loved her through the whole time and never stopped. Though it is tragic that she would have betrayed that type of love, the last quote is so out of character for him that for me it ruined the story.

"Jayne, I wish I knew how you could have hurt me so for all of these years by betraying my love, but I want you to know I forgive you and I am looking forward to being happy through eternity."

Then we could hear Jayne say, "Oh Wilbur, please don't leave me, you are all I want." (Very repentent and loving)

Instead she says, "Please don't take him, he's all I've got." (Very selfish)

And finally at the end, more regret on her part that she had done what she had to him and her marriage.

Thanks for a good story. Your efforts are appreciated.

Charley

NucleusNucleusover 17 years ago
I am very impressed

My english isn't good. For a few words I have not found suitable german translation, but at large I understand the story and its end.

Greetings from a german author who learns english again with encreasing enthusiasm.

Nucleus

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Agree with Charleybear

Depressing but beautifully written story until the final comment by the husband. You have portrayed the husband as loving ,patient, gentleman. The middle finger is just totally inconsistant with this character and ruined the tenor of the story for me. Fine writing otherwise. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I respectfully disagree

The gesture and comments at the end only burn the irony into the story. It's the on ly way to end the story. How else will she really comprehend, how better to walk away to a new and better place. Wilbur took her bullshit for as long as he could, then slipped away to the great reward at peace with himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
ignore the others

the finger at the end said it all great story could have been written for both sexes well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Da

I don't have the ability to articulate a pile of verbal crap

like some of the educated buffoons on this site so I just say it as I see it.

good story!

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
The 'finger' didn't add anything

as others have said.

It was obvious after a few lines who the vistor was. It was also obvious how stupid the wife was.

I agree with those who say the finger was out of character for the husband.

When the answer to "what does it do for the story?" is "nothing", then it shouldn't be there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
So what did "the finger" prove?

Did it prove that he was bitter after all in spite of all the "angel" said? Did it prove that he won in the end? Was it his way of telling her what he really thought of her? Was it his way of saying, "In your face. I'm dead and leaving you and you cannot stop me!"? Like that was going to bother her for the rest of her life! By that afternoon she was probably back in her lover's arms and had forgotten all about the old man who gave her the finger on his way to hell!

There were ways you could have ended the story so that she would have been humiliated and revealed for what she truly was. Too bad you didn't try to be more creative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good stuff...

Good story! It is different, well told, and teaches a lesson. Keep going, Angel!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Cool story

something different, but i liked the story. good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
That's the way I see it

It couldn't have ended any other way!

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Very well done

I don’t know if I have changed but I cannot get past the inevitable critique of the small gesture or not perfect to ones mind little thing that brings about absolute distaste of some readers. I can see maybe giving a little tilt to ones take if it wasn’t perfect but to lambaste a tail to oblivion is kind of harsh.

I loved all of it and it fits my mood or takes on great fun and entertainment.

Thank you for your wonderful effort and I liked it like it was. Irony is one of my favorite emotions I guess.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Life Flashes

Short, not so sweet, and to the point. I liked it. I think a man who has spent his whole life as a lapdog for a woman such as this might just develop a little spunk when his life "flashes before his eyes." It punctuates Jayne's predicament nicely.

Orion623Orion623over 16 years ago
Very Good

The wife was remorseful and selfish, both at the same time. Quite an achievement. The story was a different look at the Loving Wives theme and done quite well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
timing ie everything

it would have been perfect, but her was too good to her for too long, while she spat in his face, figuratively speaking. her existence was essentially hollow, assuming he would always be there.if he was not the same after that much time, then her own limits shall catch up to her, and find her own mortaility. what a fool believes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A very rare occurance here.

This is an enjoyable well written short story. Good story telling, no loose ends, a good character to root for, proper punishment for the bad guy. anon jerry

welshcpl53welshcpl53over 13 years ago

Mmmm interesting .

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
He died and she had a dream.

He was old and he died. We all die. Most married women that don't get divorced live longer than their husbands.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
If only the pain got shared that way -

The idea that the cheaters actually paid a price one could see?? Priceless possibility -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Good

All cheating wives should be left alone. The husband passed but she lives now in pain. Fuck her.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

The ending was priceless.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 11 years ago
OK That was fun!

Extremely well done for a flash story!

dylan954dylan954almost 10 years ago
Excellent

What a great short story, there is justice after all!

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
The time...

The time for her to pay had arrived...The time for him to rest too...Cheaters never think what happens in future...only in the present...

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I just

HATE it when people "loose their hair." Or loose anything else. (HA!) Not one of LYG's best, but it was a fun read.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
The Angel of Death

You had better pray that I never get that job, I'd have too much fun, and I like overtime! Problem is, I don't really do the list or timekeeping thing too well, so it may not be your time, but I feel like taking you anyway:) Methinks the herd would get pretty thin, pretty fast!

Is there such a thing as being too good at a job? Do they fire you for that?

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Till death do us part

He's a better man than me. His vow now fulfilled, allows him to let her know how he really feels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Again ?

What the fuck ? You write a beautiful little flash story and then when the ending is there you fuck it up with him giving her the finger. How does that improve the story? Answer, it doesn't ! I guess you're writing for yourself exclusively, because you're obviously not writing for your readers (possibly former readers). Gave it a 3 because of the ending. Was going to be a 5 until the last 2-sentences. You're better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
?

That it......really

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Spooky good

Liked it besides the middle finger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hahaha

Lololololololololol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good

Very nice tale. I like it

Joben285Joben285almost 6 years ago

I liked the story but I would have preferred that he stay in character through the end

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Ok

That was a bit of a different LW story, but effective none the less. Very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice story

You don't often read stories like this every day. I hope the author will write a story about death falling in love with an ordinary man

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Monologging, the Bane of Loving Wives

I feel like there's NEVER a bad premise in this category, but the format seems to be stuck in long, run on rants and expositional paragraphs. Someone needs to write these with more dialogue!

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Again,different kind of other woman, one you can't resist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sounds like something Lou would sing!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The worst read from Loving Wives cat. is when it's told from woman's viewpoint, that audacity of that bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic attempt at showing a Man!! Sorry if in his living life he could not be a man and remained a wimpy cuck…once he is dead..it does not matter what he will become in afterlife..on this earth he will forever remain a cuck wimp!!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent! Worthy of 5 BIG GIANT TWINKLING STARS to show Wilbur his was home!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bravo! Short, sweet ,on point.

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

Another excellent story.

This was sad though, sad for the wasted years of two people. At least one of them has a future to look forward to, and it isn't the one who is left alive.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

My first read of this author, it won't be my last 5* but worth more

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That could have been really good story. Seemed a little rushed, and her thoughts weren't being corrected so it was kind of a waste. A better thought would be more along the lines of a scrooge story, maybe even earlier in their lives, and a chance of redemption. A second chance, but with serious consequences, and then either success in redemption or failure and another visit....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not sure the single digit salute was necessary, his revenge is by entering into the best day of his new life, sans Jayne. A big 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous