All Comments on 'The Cats of Rhodes'

by sweet_katrina579

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
SadieRoseSadieRoseover 17 years ago
Intriguing Story

I get the feeling that this really should be a longer story. The build up was good enough to ignore a few small grammatical errors (although you should make up your mind whether your central character is called Alex or Peter!) but the end felt rushed and was inconclusive. Is Julia a cat? Has she been taken over by the cats? What will happen on Halloween? Will Peter/Alex get the chance to win her back? All of these are questions left unanswered.

Your setting was good though and your control of the atmosphere for most of the story kept me reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Delicious Tease

So evocative, so teasing...I agree with the previous poster; I want to see more and find out what happens...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
rhodes

I found this story pretty funny; I was in Rhodes recently and there are like a million cats all over that town.

kbatekbateover 17 years ago
A five just for the setting

I love Rhodes and I love the Greek Cat thing.

Nice little story.

Kev HKev Hover 17 years ago
Enjoyable

I loved the mystique and easy flow of this story. I do think it could be developed much better in terms of tone (imagery) and better plot depth, but that is like wishing a great story were perfect. Thanks for the treat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Intriguing

Some of the grammatical errors are distracting, and I agree that there's room for expansion, but overall an original and evocative story.

100 Angry Bananas100 Angry Bananasover 17 years ago
Good atmosphere...

... but I agree it felt like something was missing. This reads like the first chapter or prologue to a longer story. I understand you're thinking that you want to leave much unexplained, but I think the story will feel too incomplete for many readers. This is a story you could easily come back to and fill in some of the blanks but still leave plenty of questions. When all is said and done, I liked this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous