All Comments on 'The Bridge Over Wilson's Creek'

by Penelope Street

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful

That was a very evocative story! I Love your style.

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
As always

A beautiful story.

You caught the aura of the times and the emotions of the characters so very well.

And that neither of the characters was perfect, physically, gave the story an extra realistic feel.

Very well done.

Randy01Randy01over 18 years ago
Great story...

I love the way you write erotica and not porn! Keep up the good work as I look forward to reading more of your stories.

David LockleyDavid Lockleyover 18 years ago
I loved it........

and I love you for dreaming it and sharing your dream with me. Your friend, Dave

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
the best story i have read in a long time

you almost forget you are reading erotica. can't wait to read more of your work

Dexx

sacksackover 18 years ago
Much better than your previous offering.....

The characters were more believable, warmer, and offered interesting dialogue. I thought the story line to be a bit predictable, and the end itself was a bit dry. But overall, this is one of your very best efforts, it's so unfortunate an "E" was not earned here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
As always, wonderful

Dear Penny,

Wonderful as always. Real characters, real reactions, real emotions. You are one of my very favorite authors and never disappoint.

Patti

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Whoa

This is an amazing story, it doesnt even feel like an erotic novel more like a book that you never want to put down. You have real talent and I look forward to reading more of your works.

AnomolousCowherdAnomolousCowherdover 18 years ago
Delightful!

A real treat to read. The dialect was well done - not intrusive or heavy-handed. The sex scenes were so naturally a part of the story that, as soneone else remarked, it didn't seem like erotica so much as a wonderful story (odd that those two should seem mutually exclusive!)

contem2us1contem2us1over 18 years ago
Amazing!!!

Wow. That was truly one of the best stories I've read in quite some time. What beautiful imagery you've created with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful

Penny,

Once again you have written a masterpiece. You have captured the characters perfectly. You completely enveloped the reader in the emotions, thoughts, and senses of the two main characters. I enjoy your stories, every one of them. They are so full of life. Thank you so very much.

Mike

Grey BeardGrey Beardover 18 years ago
The Right Stuff

It is so so refreshing to read a story about genuine love without the stylized rhetoric that can turn great writing into simply good porn. Penny, you have a talent that I can only hope to match, but never exceed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
scarface132

Since the very first stoay I read, I have been mesmorized by the way you weave a story together.

No two stories are alike.

But even more than that you manage to develop real and interesting charachters in such a short while.

Always a fan.

john

Evil AlpacaEvil Alpacaabout 18 years ago
Sweetly done

Very sweet, emotional and well written story. Why do the best of times often leave us with the greatest regrets? Good story!

TE999TE999almost 18 years ago
Powerful!

The tenderness in this story is almost overwhelming. Excellent imagery and realistic dialogue. Head and shoulders above most of the submittals on this site. Hope to read more of your work in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Beautiful

Simply Beautiful

Robert_NotRobert_Notalmost 14 years ago
Lovely

To put it bluntly I wanted to get my rocks off and ended up crying but that doesn't detreact from it being a wonderful story.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

A deeply moving, meaningful, and utterly sad story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Atmospheric, wonderful

What a marvellous and atmospheric story. You captured perfectly the sense of time and place to the extent that I could see every scene in my mind's eye. And the bonus was that you really can write, unlike so many on this site. As far as I could see, grammar and spelling were perfect which enhanced the pleasure I had in reading this tale. Thanks for that, Penelope.

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
Found by chance

I hope you still look at the comments occasionally, Penelope, because I'd like you to know that this rite-of-passage story, found by chance, rates among the best I've read on this site. Disregarding the lesbian love theme, it reminded me in some ways of the regional stories of the late Wisconsin writer August Derleth. I am so pleased that I stumbled across this. Thanks for the pleasure that the tale gave.

Brian

beddybearbeddybearover 3 years ago
So many question

Great story, you told just enough to care about the 2 women. I like a comment from another reader about the fact the 2 women didn't look like top model. They were beautiful in the eyes of the other.

So many questions unanswered and with a little imagination we could think of many ways how Vicki's life was.

Did Vicki stay single 40 years?

Did she find happiness? With another woman or a man?

Did Vicki return home after college? Did she move elsewhere to let Beth and George live their live?

Did both of them talk about that summer years later?

Did George suspect something? When Vicki came visit the family, he could notice how both women look at each other. Sometime you can feel how some silence got more meaning than words.

Yes so many questions...

SexecclecticSexecclecticover 2 years ago

I’ve read so many stories on Literotica, but nothing compares to this one. Absolutely beautiful, I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten as wrapped up in characters in any story on this website, as the characters here. You wove a beautiful tale of emotion and longing, with the ability of a great storyteller. Just amazing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. I wish they would have had a "happily ever after" ending, but I'm sure this was the realistic outcome of love like this in those days.

Well written and touching.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 2 years ago

So so marvelous beautiful ..... My heart is taken , this tale is just pure romance pure love pure trust ....... You wrote this by your hearts&soul content and thank you for sharing this lightful tale

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's heartbreaking when you consider how much so many must have have given up because of the era they were born in. It's easy to forget as someone who isnt part of the LGBTQ+ community just how much they've had to endure, and still have to endure in order to have something as as simple as love. Thank you, for reminding me, and for making my heart soar for their love, and break for the choices they had to make just to survive.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous