The Bitch and the Jerk

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jennifer, I always like your designs."

"You don't."

"I do!"

"You don't."

I leaned back all the way to the back of my chair and almost fell over. I leaned forward again and put my arms on the table, then looked into her eyes. "Jennifer, I like your designs, all of them... Well, to be honest, most of them."

Jennifer was studying my eyes, apparently trying to decipher the expressions in my eyes to see if I was lying. She didn't say a word.

"But you know what?" I continued.

"What?"

"You're talented but you're young. There're a lot of things you have to consider besides the arts, ideas and designs."

"I'm not young."

"Yes, you are. You only graduated two years ago."

Jennifer looked into my eyes. "How old do you think I am?"

"Twenty-four?"

"How old are you?"

"Thirty. I served in the Navy before college."

"I'm twenty-eight. I'm not much younger than you."

"Oh. You were enlisted too?"

"No. What were the other factors you were talking about?"

"Okay. Let me take Roger as an example. Do you know it was me who got Roger & Wilson in?"

"Yes."

"Do you think it's because I was talented or smart?"

"You're smart."

I was taken by surprise. This woman said I was smart? I hope she didn't mean smartness was a quality for jerks. "Nope."

"Yes."

I laughed. And for the first time in my life I saw Jennifer smiled. She certainly knew how to smile. I felt sore, except my damn dick, which was starting to swell. I was glad I wasn't wearing jeans.

I shifted a bit. "Okay. I've known Roger Dreyfus for more than 25 years. He was practically my big brother."

"Really?" Jennifer widened her eyes.

"Roger & Wilson was still a small enterprise in Ohio when I joined this agency. I called up Roger and I got his contract. No proposal, no presentation. That's why they sent me here now."

"I see."

"But things are different now. They are now a prominent player in the business and they can't afford losing the game. I may be influential but I can't turn the tide if our plan sucks."

"You think our plan sucks?"

"Nope. In fact it is a marvelous one, except some details which I am sure will bother Roger."

She looked at me with an enquiring expression. Gosh, she was beautiful when she didn't show hostility. I felt my dick starting to drill a hole in the table. I turned over and asked the waitress for a glass of ice water.

"So what are the bugs?"

I poured the whole glass of ice water into my throat in a gulp. I hoped it would work. If Jennifer was not watching me, I would have poured it into my pants instead. I knew that would work better.

It was a new experience for me. I had never been so aroused while talking business. I wondered if I had mistakenly taken Viagra instead of a Tic-Tac. Jennifer moved from across the table to the seat on my right. Her head was only few inches from mine when we went through the details in the proposal. Her fragrance made me thirsty. I must have consumed eight glasses of ice water by the time I finished. To my amazement she had concurred with me on the business parts of the proposal. Maybe she wasn't as much a bitch as I thought.

"I'll have to retype it." She said after we changed some of the details in her proposal. "Let's go to your room and fix them."

"Why my room?"

"Because you have the computer."

"What computer?"

Her eyes were the size of golf ball now. "Don't you have the notebook computer with you?"

"I don't. I never carry a computer."

"Didn't Dave give it to you?"

"Nope. Nothing from Dave."

"Fuck!"

My dick responded to her four-letter word with four strokes in my pants. If she continued to say that word I would for sure make a big mess underneath the table.

"They have a business center here. I think we can even log on to our computer to retrieve the file."

"Okay, let's go now." Jennifer stood up.

"Wait, let me get these papers back to my briefcase." I rearranged every piece of paper in the folder to give me time, in fact, time for my dick to return to its normal state.

We worked in the business center until two o'clock in the morning. It was a torture for me. I was sitting next to her while she worked on the computer. I had the folder on my lap to hide my everlasting hard-on. By the time she finished printing everything we needed for the next morning's meeting, my dick was aching from prolonged swelling.

I said good night to her outside her room. She gave me a smile before closing her door. I went into my room and rushed into the bathroom. Jennifer was smiling in the mirror while I was stoking myself. The whole bathroom was filled with her shampoo scent. I was not sure if it was the first time that I got multiple orgasms from jerking off. I did, however, have multiple guilty feelings when I went to bed.

Chapter 4 - The Presentation

Roger Dreyfus had gained some weight since I last saw him a year earlier. So had Wilson Smith, the other co-founder of the business.

"James! I'm so glad to see you again." Roger gave me a big hug.

"Me too, Roger. You need some exercises." I laughed when I said it.

I shook hands with Wilson and then introduced Jennifer to them. I could feel uneasiness and even signs of dislike on Jennifer's face when she saw Wilson paying attention to her face and body. Roger was married to a former model but Wilson was single. I couldn't blame Wilson. Jennifer was wearing a black notch lapel jacket and black poly crepe sheath that came down to 3 inches above her knees. I wondered why I had never paid any attention to Jennifer in the office, except the time she was introduced to me on her first day of work.

"We're having a cocktail reception this evening at the Four Seasons Pierre. It starts at seven. Bring Jennifer with you." Roger instructed me as Mariah joined us. We headed for the meeting room.

The presentation was great. I knew I did my part pretty well. I knew what these people wanted and opposed. I didn't have to worry about Roger. If our package was comparable, he would award us the renewal without hesitation. I also knew Wilson would never challenge Roger in this area. Roger dealt with marketing and had contributed more than anyone else to the success of this company.

Jennifer did her part even better. She even smiled during her presentation, something I had never seen in our previous meetings. I could see Roger nodding. I knew he liked Jennifer's ideas. He asked Jennifer some questions and smiled at me when Jennifer answered in the way I told her. I could see from the corner of my eyes that Jennifer glanced at me after she gave Roger the replies. Wilson didn't ask any questions. He was studying Jennifer all the time. I knew he had the same bulge I had. Two hours into the presentation meeting and I knew we were going to get the renewal. I was flattered.

After the meeting Roger told us that he would meet with his colleagues and would let us know of their decision. He then leaned forward and whispered to me, "The contract will be sent out on Thursday. Go buy Jennifer some nice gifts. She's good... very good."

When we were back on the street I complimented Jennifer, "You did a fabulous job. I'm glad I have you here."

"Thank you." She smiled. "But we still have to see."

"We've got the contract."

"We do?"

"Roger told me."

"He did? I thought he said he would let us know."

I laughed. "He told me the contract would be sent out on Thursday. You see, things aren't always what they seem like."

Jennifer laughed too. "When did he say that? And what else?"

She noticed I wasn't responding and turned around to see me staring at her. "What's the matter?"

"Do you know you are just strikingly beautiful when you laugh?"

Jennifer blushed. "Thank you. But I'd rather not."

"Why?"

"Maybe I will tell you sometime." Jennifer said after a pause. She was looking at her shoes. "What else did he say?"

"He said you were good, very good." I said. "Roger rarely gives compliments. If he meant your presentation was good, then you were outstanding. If he meant you were nice looking, then you were gorgeous. His wife is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen." I added.

"Which one did he imply?"

"Both, he said 'good' twice." I grinned at her.

She laughed again and glanced me out of the corner of her eyes. I had a strange feeling that I couldn't pin down. I was starting to worry that I might begin to like this bitch.

"I'm hungry. Do you mind joining me for lunch?" I asked.

"Where?"

"What about Italian?"

"Fine for me. The one you suggested last night?"

"Nope, I know another one nearby."

"Seems you know New York pretty well."

"Since Roger & Wilson moved to New York three and a half years ago, whenever I came here, I took a vacation. Melissa and Roger would show me around. Melissa is part Italian."

"His wife?"

"Yep. Well to be exact, she was his girlfriend. They got married last year."

When I was sipping my coffee after the meal, I asked Jennifer. "Do you want to see the Statue of Liberty? We have the whole afternoon open."

"You've never been there?" She asked.

"I have; but you haven't."

Jennifer thought for a moment. "Okay, but I want to drop the material in my room first."

"Sure, I haven't seen anyone there with a briefcase myself."

When we were in the hallway outside her room, she said, "I think I might as well change into more casual clothes."

"Good idea. I'll do the same."

She came out of her room in the dress she was wearing the day before. Before she closed the door I saw something like a dress hanging outside the wardrobe. "What's that? I pointed inside."

"Oh, that's my dress for this evening. Bruce had told me they were having a cocktail party."

I peeked inside. Jennifer snickered. "Want to take a look?" She opened the door wide.

It was a drapery knit matte jersey shirtdress. "You're going to look great."

Jennifer smiled, closed the door and headed towards the elevator lobby.

When we returned to the hotel it was a little past five o'clock. "Jennifer, I will knock on your door at six-thirty. I need to do a little shopping."

Jennifer nodded. "Okay, see you later." She smiled and walked into the hotel lobby. Her smile reinforced my determination to do something stupid.

When I got back to my room it was almost a quarter after six. I took a shower real fast and changed into my black suit. I got everything ready and went out to knock on her door.

"Oh, my goodness! You look better than I expected." I couldn't hold back my praise when she opened the door.

"Thank you. You look good too, except your tie." Jennifer smiled.

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a dark green tie with some neon-green design that I wore to the meeting that morning. It was a gift from an ex-girlfriend. I saw nothing wrong with it. It was one of my best ties.

"Jennifer, may I come in?"

"Sure." She pulled open the door and stepped back. I thought she would at least hesitate but she didn't.

I went inside. "Jennifer, I hmm, I have something for you. I think it will look nice on you." I reached into my pocket and took out a necklace with a pendant.

Jennifer studied the necklace for a moment. It was a 14k gold wheat necklace with a shinning stone pendant. "Where did you get it?" She asked.

"Sears is having a sale. I saw it while looking for something for myself. It's some gemstone on the pendant but it looks like a diamond. Isn't it nice?"

"How much is it?"

"Well, it's on sale, only $199."

"I can't take it."

"Why not? Is it terrible?"

"No, it's beautiful. But I can't accept an expensive gift from you."

"Look, Jennifer. You've helped me earned more than ten thousand dollars. This is nothing." I raised my voice. "Now turn around so I can put it on for you."

Jennifer hesitated. She looked at the jewelry in my hand and looked at me. She looked at the necklace again. I saw her eyelashes fluttering. She turned around.

I put the necklace on her neck. Her skin was smooth as silk. I didn't know what perfume she was wearing. Her fragrance drove me nuts. I had to keep going through the multiplication table in my mind to keep myself from bulging.

Jennifer went over to the mirror and looked at the necklace on her. "It's really beautiful. Thank you."

"You're welcome. You look great wearing it."

She smiled at me, and then opened her handbag. "Do you know you have an awful taste in clothing? Your tie is more a napkin than a tie."

I look down at myself again. I never had a napkin on me so I didn't know how much it looked like a napkin. I raised my head and saw her holding a tie-envelop in her hand. She pulled a tie out and toss the envelop into the litter bin. "Put this on. It will look great on you."

I took the tie. It was a brown and black silk-jacquard tie with a tweedy pattern. I flipped it over and noticed it was an Yves Saint Laurent tie.

"How much is this?"

"Much less than the necklace. Put it on"

I went over to the mirror and replaced the tie.

"You look decent now." Jennifer smiled.

I was confused. To tell the truth I didn't know why I bought Jennifer the necklace. This tie she bought me added more bewilderment to my mind. It didn't make sense.

"Why did you buy me the tie?"

"Why did you buy me the necklace?"

"I thought it would look great on you."

"I thought your tie was ugly."

We both laughed.

Chapter 5 - The Cocktail

When we arrived at the Four Seasons Pierre function room where the Roger & Wilson cocktail reception was held, there were already at least 200 people there. I saw Roger and Melissa. Roger gave me a hug, so did Melissa.

"Melissa, you're drop-dead gorgeous!"

Melissa giggled. "Thank you, James. You look great too. Nice tie you're wearing. It's much better than those napkins you usually wear."

I glanced at Jennifer and saw her snickering happily. I introduced her to Melissa.

"You're beautiful, Jennifer. Oh, this necklace is dazzling!"

"Thank you. You're gorgeous. James bought the necklace."

I saw Roger giving me an endorsing wink.

Melissa waved a woman to come over. "Maggie, meet Jennifer and James. They're from Roger's advertising agency. James' also Roger's long time buddy."

Melissa turned to us. "Meet my sister Maggie. She just moved to the Big Apple last year."

"Nice meeting you, James." Maggie shook our hands. "Nice meeting you, Jennifer. Wow! This necklace looks so beautiful on you."

"Nice meeting you, Maggie. Thanks you," Jennifer added, "James got it at Sears. The pendant is some gemstone."

Maggie looked at me with an astonished expression. "Sears?"

"Yeah, ah... What do you do, Maggie?"

"I'm a jewelry designer."

"Shit!" I said to myself.

"Why are you so surprised?" Jennifer asked Maggie.

"Because Sears don't sell Tiffany Collections."

"What are Tiffany Collections?"

"Well, I think we need a drink." I nudged Jennifer's elbow.

"Honey, the necklace you're wearing is a Tiffany Collection, and it's a diamond pendant. Tiffany only uses diamond, not even ruby or sapphire, and never other gemstones." Maggie replied.

"How can you tell?" Jennifer glanced at me and turned to Maggie.

"I'll go get some snacks." I said and sneaked away. I wanted to go to the airport at once and get back home.

I was hanging around at the bar when someone pinched me at my back. It was Jennifer.

"How much is it?"

"What?"

"The necklace. You liar!"

"Look, Jennifer. Maggie could have made a mistake."

"She works for Tiffany."

I knew I shouldn't have come to this party. I knew I shouldn't have bought Jennifer that jewelry. I knew I shouldn't have come to New York.

"How much?" Jennifer took a small step toward me. She was so close to me her breast was almost against my chest. She looked right into my eyes. I looked at my shoes.

I turned around and saw my life saver. Wilson was coming towards us. I lowered my voice. "Let's talk about this later, okay? I promise."

Jennifer saw Wilson, too. I was safe for the moment. Jennifer smiled a lot at the party, except when she looked at me. I never enjoyed being in cocktail parties, but this one was the worst.

At about nine o'clock Jennifer talked to me first time since asking her question. "I think we'd better go. I'm tired."

"Okay, let's go find Roger first." We started looking for Roger and Melissa.

"You really have to go now?" Melissa asked.

"Yes, I really enjoy it here. But I stayed up late last night working and I'm pretty tired." Jennifer said.

"All right. Take care honey. Do come more frequently. I'll show you around." Melissa gave Jennifer and me a hug. Roger did the same.

"Hey, Mariah is leaving too. She can give you guys a ride," Roger said as Mariah showed up from behind.

"We can take a cab," I said.

"Where are you guys staying?" Mariah asked.

"Hilton Millennium," I replied.

"Well that's on my way. I'll give you guys a ride," Mariah said.

As soon as we got out of Mariah's car in front of the hotel, Jennifer repeated her question. "How much?"

"It's nothing."

"How much?"

"I got a good deal. It was on sale."

"How much?"

"Two thousand."

I reached out my hands to stop Jennifer. She was trying to take the necklace off her neck.

"Get your fucking hands off me!"

I didn't release her hands. "Jennifer, listen! I know it is stupid. I don't even know why I bought it. But I knew it would look great on you, and you deserve it."

"What do you want from me?"

"What do you mean? I told you already. You helped me made a significant amount of money. I get a great bonus from your outstanding presentation. It's my expression of appreciation."

"I was just doing my job. I was paid to do it. I don't need anything else, especially not a two thousand dollar 'appreciation'."

I didn't know what to say. I saw her eyes getting wet. She tried to get away from my hands.

"Jennifer," I hold her arms, "whatever it was that made me do that stupid thing buying you the necklace, you deserve it."

"Why did you lie?"

"If I told you I bought you a two thousand dollar necklace, would you have accepted it?"

"No."

"You did when you thought it was two hundred."

"I shouldn't have."

"Jennifer, I had some girlfriends in the past. Whenever I bought them gifts that cost a few hundred bucks I had to think it for a while. But I had no hesitation when I bought you this necklace. I just thought you deserved it."

"I'm not your girlfriend."

"I know. I was just saying that you deserve it."

"And you lied."

"I'm sorry for that, Jennifer. I feel like hell."

"Of course you do, your lie was uncovered."

"I know. It was the shittiest cocktail party I've ever been to."

Jennifer laughed. I felt relieved. "Keep the necklace as if it were a two hundred buck one, okay?"

Jennifer hesitated, then said softly, "I'll think about it." She was looking at her shoes.

"Let's get inside. We are providing a free show for the pedestrians."

Chapter 6 - The Revelation

We were in the elevator when Jennifer asked, "Why did you go to Tiffany?"

"I don't know. I was just browsing around. I wanted to get you a nice piece of jewelry. I wanted you to look nice in the party."

"Why did you want me to look nice?"

"I just thought you should. I know I'm stupid."

Jennifer didn't say anything.

"Roger told me to buy you some gift."

"Why would Roger tell you that?"

"I don't know. I'll call him to find out."

"You do whatever he tells you to do?"

"Nope, not always. I wanted to buy you something anyway."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Why did you buy me this tie?"

"Because your tie was ugly."