All Comments on 'The Bell Ringer Ch. 01'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Riveting

You continue to grow as a writer as evidenced by this masterpiece. It moves from gut wrenching to heart warming fluidly. What a great piece of writing

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
You definitely have my attention

I find your story so far very enjoyable and intriguing. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Very good writing and reading!

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Good One Jack!

Really a good story, holds my attention. Waiting for part 2, Sounds like an awful lot of truth in this story. Hard to fake real life. Excellent read.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What can one say, about this Jack?

A real author, taking us somewhere most of us haven’t been.

I can only wait to see just where we are going to finish up.

DC

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Truth

In may or may not be true. But it is certainly truth. DJ understands this aspect of life from the inside out. We see inside the mind and the heart of an alcoholic. After his experiences in life it is easy to understand why he is as he is.

DJ married an understanding of a point in a person's life with a full appreciation of a point in time. Setting this story in the late '40s, with flashbacks to the depression and WW2 made this at once instructional and poignent.

Dynamite Jack is outgrowing porn.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for a story that I didn't expect to read here. Kept my total attention throughout and am anxiously awaiting the conclusion; although the events described would make numerous stories in themselves. Your writing is impressive.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 18 years ago
Interesting

story to hear from a liberator instead of a survivor.

I'm from the Old World.

I found the switch to the early years a bit awkward, but still an interesting read.

Good luck.

Black Tulip

sacksackover 18 years ago
This story is too good for lit...

I would start submitting it to publishers asap...it's that good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Impressive

Quite well done - the double / triple flashbacks were challenging tho.

Just don't get a big head or all may be lost

You are appreciated

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Good

A very god story,well written and a very sad tell. A await the rest of it

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
other comments are accurate

I'm envious of your writing talent and feel fortunate to have surfed to your gift to us. Thanks, Thanks.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 18 years ago
Great story

I was in the Army in WWII and the Korean War, plus I'm an active EMT, so I've seen more than my share of trauma, and I've also seen what can happen to some people who encounter difficult with those situations. The author captured the emotions of both the initial visual shock and the aftermath with uncanny reality.

The Depression Years weren't fun. We did not have it as bad as in this story, but it wasn't a party. Again, the author was able to relate that era well in modern day terms.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
IN TIMES OF OLD

life was different. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You cannot understand unless

... you have seen it. My dad saw it and it haunted him till his passing in 2010.

He could never put it into words he felt was adequate.

Bless him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
war wounds

It is sometimes easy for we civilians to forget how unnaturally horrible war is. Men who return from combat and cannot function due to psychological problems are not mentally ill, they are mentally wounded. They deserve as much care and respect as a man who lost a leg.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Retrospect

Yea, often the scars to the soul can destroy a man from the inside out, decimating families and relationships. And sadly, if you haven't lived through the spoils of war or conflict, you will never understand the demons that can torment one in the dusky and dark hours.

One thing though, I nearly split my sides reading Formation, it quelled the demons for a while.

Very good so far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous