Thaw In Winter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dlmercer
dlmercer
425 Followers

Mark forced a forlorn smile at Joe's excitement, then asked the question he knew would break his heart. "Who else lives there Joe?"

Joe's smile of accomplishment faded, his brow crinkled in thought. "I don't know, I can't see anyone." he took a step toward Mark. His face flushed with frustration. He burned with the desire to express the needs, physical and emotional that were building inside him for Mark. "I can't remember," he bit out fiercely, "maybe I don't want to remember. Maybe all I want is right here."

Just that easily, it was there between them, the open acknowledgment of mutual desires. It would be so easy to ignore any reason for caution, to indulge in the physical pleasures, but Mark had reached and exceeded the point where such was possible.

He backed away, tears filling his eyes, "Don't. Don't Joe. I can't... not when there's someone else. Not when I know you'll be leaving to go home to someone else." he took a shaky breath, trying to hold on to emotions that threatened to swamp him with pain and loss, "I'm going to bed." Mark turned and headed for the stairs.

"Mark!" Joe called, pleading, "Mark, I'm sorry. Please."

Mark paused and looked back. Joe stood forlornly, his shoulders slumped in defeat. "It's ok Joe, things will work out however they're meant to be. You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't make me fall in love with you. I did that all on my own." Mark continued up the stairs and down the hall to the guest room.

Joe remained in the living room. He slumped down on the sofa, staring into the fire with unseeing eyes. He began to question his feelings and motivations. Yes, he had strong feelings for Mark. Mark stirred him physically but also emotionally. There was an innocent vulnerability about him. Joe felt a strong need to shelter and protect him. He picked up the subtle signals Mark emitted, his loneliness, his need for love. Those signals seemed to resonate and mesh with feelings Joe himself lived with everyday.

Those feeling were something he didn't understand, something that filled him with confusion and yet he somehow knew he'd lived with them for a very long time. He wore a wedding band. A symbol of the joining of two people in love. If he had a partner of some kind somewhere, why did he feel this way? What kind of relationship did they have that left him feeling empty and alone? Did the unknown partner feel the same? How could he possibly continue to live a life devoid of love? Especially when he could see the shining possibilities that rested with the sweet man who slept upstairs.

* * *

Mark tossed and turned, finally drifting into a fitful doze. He woke with a start as Chip pawed at his arm, whining.

"What, Chip? You gotta go out?"

Normally such a question would get a big reaction but Chip only whined again, his paw resting on Mark's arm, his big brown eyes seeming to plead for understanding. Confused, Mark sat up and swung his legs out of bed. He sat quietly, listening to the silence that was broken by a faint, muffled sound.

Suddenly wide awake, he rose soundlessly and drifted cautiously down the hall. Halting outside the doorway to his bedroom he heard another muffled sound, his ears finally comprehending. It was a sob.

Mark stepped into the room. He could just make out the shape of Joe's body under the mound of covers. "Joe?" he questioned softly.

Another choked sob was his answer. Mark strode to the bed and sat down beside Joe. He pulled the enveloping covers away and reached for the sobbing man, taking him firmly but gently into his arms.

"Joe," he murmured, "what is it? What's wrong, baby?"

He rocked Joe slowly, holding him tightly, his hands running soothingly over the taut muscles of his back. Joe tried to answer but tears made most of what he said incoherent. Mark caught the word 'remembered' and something that sounded like, 'Ann's gone', but he wasn't sure. Could Ann be Joe's wife? If so, where had she gone, and why? Was that why Joe was so upset? Mark's brow was creased with worry. Whatever was going on, Joe had remembered something that was causing him terrible pain. Mark bit his lip, wishing he could take the pain away.

"Shh, baby, it's ok, it's gonna be ok." Mark promised, hoping that he spoke the truth. He continued to hold Joe, murmuring softly while gently caressing the smooth warm skin of his back and shoulders. Gradually Joe's sobs quieted, his body going lax as exhaustion claimed him. Mark pushed him back, lowering him to the pillows. As he made to rise, Joe grasped his hand.

"Don't go," he pleaded, his voice a raw croak, barely intelligible.

Mark returned the pressure of his hand, "I'm not leaving Joe, I'm just going to the bathroom. I'll be right back sweetheart."

In the bathroom, Mark took a washcloth out of the cupboard and wet it with cool water. He also grabbed a box of tissues off the vanity and the small trash container from under the sink. Returning to Joe, he handed him the tissues.

"Here, babe, blow." he instructed.

Joe sat up and followed Mark's orders, blowing his nose and wiping his eyes. Mark held out the trash can for the soiled tissues, then took the cool damp wash cloth and tenderly bathed Joe's face. He returned everything to the bathroom and came back with a glass of water and the bottle of ibuprofen.

"I don't know about you babe, but when I cry I always end up with a headache. Shall we beat it to the punch?" At Joe's nod, he shook three tablets into Joe's hand and gave him the water, watching solicitously as he downed them one by one.

Setting the glass and bottle on the bedside stand, Mark ordered Joe to move over. Joe readily complied and Mark slid into bed behind him, spooning him as he snaked his arm around Joe's waist. Their bodies settled together, melding with ease. Both sighed contentedly and were soon fast asleep.

* * *

Mark murmured sleepily as cool air replaced the warmth he was wrapped around. The blankets settled back over him and were tucked tight. He drifted away.

Sometime later, again there was movement. The bed dipped under the weight of a returning body. Mark took a deep breath and sighed, his eyelids fluttering, opening as sleepy hazel eyes met alert blues.

"Morning." Joe rasped, his voice was still husky from last night's strain. He was levered up on one elbow, leaning over Mark. "You gotta pee?" he asked with a wicked twinkle in his eyes.

Mark's eyes widened even more and he nodded.

"Go to it." Joe ordered.

Mark scrambled out of bed, his face flushing at the sight of the morning wood that tented the thin fabric of his boxers. He hurried toward the bathroom, pausing at Joe's voice.

"Babe."

Mark turned his head, drinking in the sight of Joe as he reclined with negligent ease under the covers, "Use a little of that mouthwash I left out by the sink. Hmm?" Mark nodded, blushing again, silently cursing himself, when Joe winked.

Mark's thoughts were scrambled. This wasn't the same man he held in his arms last night. This Joe was cool and confident, sure and in charge. Mark felt his stomach quiver. He knew Joe's memory had returned. Apparently Joe accepted whatever had been revealed. Mark was ready to hear him out, but he still wasn't going to share. If Joe had a wife or whatever somewhere, Mark was kicking him out of his bed. On that issue he remained adamant.

He emptied his bladder and shook off. Washing his hands he used the mouth wash and returned to the bedroom. Joe had remained as he was. At Mark's approach he pulled back the covers, inviting him in. Mark swallowed hard at what was revealed by the opened covers. Joe was completely and gloriously naked. His penis was plumping, ripening for use. Mark uttered a silent prayer for strength and lay down, relieved when Joe threw the covers back over the two of them. He was instantly enveloped in Joe's warmth and scent. His cock stirred.

Joe leaned over him and cupped his stubbled cheek in his hand, stroking gently. "Thank you for last night." His lips brushed softly over Mark's. Mark nodded, afraid to speak, afraid he'd squeak like an adolescent boy on the threshold of puberty.

"I remembered Mark. Everything. Everyone.

Mark nodded again, apprehension filling him. Joe saw the emotion shadow his eyes and moved quickly to counter it. "There's no wife Mark. I'm gay. My partner, Andrew, has been gone for three years now. I came to the park, to that place to be with And's memory. It was there we spoke our vows to each other." Joe paused and took a shaky breath, gathering his composure, "I wanted it to be in that place where I took this off." He slid the ring off his finger and reached across Mark to lay it on the bedside table. "I wanted to tell Andrew one final time how much I loved him, but how much I needed to let go. How much I needed to go on with my life."

Slow tears trickled down Joe's cheeks, Mark reached up to gently wipe them away. Joe caught his hand and tenderly kissed his fingertips, "We haven't known each other very long and I don't know how to explain it, maybe there's no need for explanations, but I've found love again. I've found it in your shining eyes, your generous heart, and your gentle soul." Joe bestowed a feathery kiss with each pronouncement of Mark's attributes. "Did you mean what you said last night, about loving me?"

At Mark's nod he insisted, "Tell me. Say the words, baby. Please. I need to hear you say the words."

Mark smiled, his smile radiant, beatific, angelic. "I love you Joe, with all my heart."

"Thank God." Joe sighed. His mouth closed over Mark's. Simultaneous moans filtered through joined lips.

Released from the restraints that held them from each other, passion bloomed between them. Mark squirmed as he felt Joe's fully erect cock press against his own. Only the thin fabric of his boxers separated them, fabric that even now was becoming soaked by the copious juices that were leaking from both of them. They undulated slowly against each other.

Joe's seeking tongue demanded entrance. With a sigh Mark opened for him and whimpered as Joe's tongue moved sinuously over his own, teasing and exploring. Mark lay with his eyes closed, so lost in Joe's kiss he almost forgot to breathe. He gasped for air when Joe pulled back and gasped again, shivering as Joe attacked his ear, nibbling his lobe, licking the outer curves.

When his tongue swept inside, Mark tightened his hold on Joe's shoulders and whispered, "Oh, God, I'm getting dizzy."

Joe chuckled, "Looks like Chip isn't the only one with sensitive ears. Guess I better stop. Don't want you passing out on me. I want you wide awake when I take you."

Mark met Joe's eyes, his own filled with apprehension, "Joe, I've never been with anyone. I've never been fucked."

"I know, babe." he softly stroked Mark's cheek and smiled at his questioning look, "Somehow I knew you were a virgin." Mark's face burned with embarrassment. Joe grinned, "God, I love it when you blush, it's so cute," he teased, "it makes me hot, and, baby? You don't have to worry, you're not going to be fucked." at Mark's look of disappointment, he quickly added, "I'm going to make love to you. We'll save that hot wild fuck for when you're a little more experienced."

Mark frowned and pouted, giving Joe a look from under his lashes, trying to minimize his embarrassment. Joe leaned in, capturing Mark's bottom lip with his teeth, sucking it into his mouth while uttering a drawn out, "Mmmm." he released him with a lick and a murmured, "Sweet."

Joe pulled Mark close, caressing his body. Taking his mouth again in a smooth, hot kiss, he ran his hands slowly over Mark's arms, chest and stomach. Mark was soon squirming, quivering, whimpering his need. Joe's hand slid under the waistband of Mark's boxers, finding his throbbing cock. His fingers wrapped around the swollen girth and gently pumped. Mark's body arched in reaction. He pulled his mouth from Joe's, calling out his pleasure.

"Feels good doesn't it, babe?" Joe's eyes glittered with fierce possessiveness. Mark was his. He intended to make an unmistakable claim on the sweet angel that writhed under his hands. He released Mark's cock, his hands moving to the waistband of his boxers.

"Lift up babe," he ordered gruffly, "these have got to go."

Barely coherent, Mark obeyed. Joe's touch was sweeping him onto another plain of existence. His body shook with tension and desire. His own hands roved over the muscled planes of Joe's shoulders, back and chest. He delighted in the feel of the silky hair that slid over his fingers. He looked down, watching as Joe relieved him of his boxers. His gaze was drawn to Joe's groin. He'd felt the heat and hardness of Joe's cock against him but he'd never seen it's full rampant glory. As with everything else about him, Joe's cock was a work of art.

Fully eight inches, the thick, vein wrapped, ivory column was topped by a plump, plum shaped head. Precum wet the tip, enhancing its blood engorged blush. Mark swallowed a sudden lump in his throat at the thought of taking that monster inside his untried anal passage. His doubtful, worried gaze met Joe's.

"It'll be alright Mark. I'm going to take my time getting you ready." Joe slid up the length of Mark's body, his mouth taking Mark's in a heated kiss, "Do you trust me?" he smiled at Mark's affirmative nod, "That's good, babe," he returned to Mark's ear, gently biting the lobe, taking pleasure in his breathy moans, "by the time I finish with you, you'll be begging me to take you. I promise."

Joe licked and sucked his way down the length of Mark's neck, to the hollow of his throat and across his collar bone. He made a beeline for the flat disk of one nipple, tugging the beaded tip lightly with his teeth. Mark shuddered and groaned. Joe worked first one then another hot spot. His mouth continued its downward trek, finally reaching its ultimate goal.

Mark's cock was granite hard, a steady stream of precum leaking from the engorged cap. "Beautiful," Joe whispered.

His heated breath was an added, shocking caress. His thumb smoothed the warm sticky fluid over taut reddened skin. He opened his mouth and slowly engulfed his lover, his tongue swirling, teasing, savoring. Joe held tight as Mark bucked convulsively, his hands clenched in the sheets, incredulous moans wrung from his throat.

Joe worked Mark's cock with a steady unrelenting rhythm, working in concert with Mark's instinctive, upward thrusts. He knew by the sound of Mark's cries, the tightening of his body, that he wouldn't last long. Sliding a hand between Mark's thighs, he lightly massaged his tight ball sack, throwing him over the edge. Thick hot seed spurted down Joe's throat. He drew back to capture the salty/sweet fluid on his tongue, savoring his lover's essence, capturing every drop.

Mark lay still except for the heaving movement of his chest as he recovered from the most powerful orgasm he'd ever experienced. He opened his eyes, his expression sleepy, sated. His gaze was captured by Joe's, who watched him with expectant, tender concern. A slow grin spread over Mark's face. He laughed. He looped an arm around Joe's neck, pulling him down for a kiss. A kiss that tasted of Joe and musky essence of man. A kiss filled with love and joy.

With a gentle shove, Mark rolled Joe under him, caressing his sweat-dampened skin. Having learned his lessons well, he lavished the same attention and touches on Joe that had so recently driven him over the edge.

Joe lay acquiescent, reveling in Mark's caresses, his body humming with anticipation, his soul nourished by the return of this most treasured of things. A lover's touch. He allowed Mark his explorations until his body was taut with need. When Mark's hand moved to his groin, the fingers enwrapping his aching shaft, Joe placed his hand over Mark's, halting him.

"This is my show babe, I'm making love to you, remember?"

"Joe, I want to make you feel the way you made me feel. I've waited so long to share this with a lover. With you. Let me do this. Please?"

Mark's eye's were filled with such genuine need that Joe relented, admitting to himself that he wanted, needed, Mark's attention every bit as much as Mark needed to give it. He nodded and fell back with a groan as Mark's tongue slid over the thick helmet that topped his erection. He shuddered at the slick wet heat that bathed his cock, tickling, teasing. Mark's tongue was painting him with liquid lust.

At Mark's urging, he spread his thighs, his hips heaving upward with pleasured surprise as Mark first laved then suckled both fully laden balls where they hung suspended in their pouch.

"Ungh... damn babe, where'd you learn that?" Joe grunted.

Mark flashed him a devilish grin, "I read a lot. There's some interesting sites on the internet, one in particular."

"Oh yeah? Bet I know which one you're talking about. Remind me to send them another contribution." Joe laughed, then groaned again as Mark returned to his objective.

Joe felt Mark lick his way back to the tip of his straining rod. He felt Mark's mouth open. Felt warm breath feather over his moist skin. Felt his cock enveloped in hot wet velvet, some of which wiggled and stroked, inflaming every nerve ending it touched. Soft lips firmly banded his shaft, sliding first down, then up. Each slide brought suction. Suction and rhythm increased moment by moment until Joe became a mindless slave to the sensual ministrations of his lover. With pounding heart and breath rushing to fill laboring lungs, he panted and groaned, crying out as he erupted, delivering shot after shot of rich creamy seed to fill his lover's mouth and throat.

Mark swallowed again and again, his eyes closed, his senses fully attuned to the feel and flavor of Joe's liquid offering. His "mmm" of pleasure pulled another moan from Joe and a last convulsive spurt of semen. He slowly withdrew, releasing Joe's spent member, leaving it with a few final cleansing licks.

Joe reached down, pulling him up until they were face to face. Their lips met and opened, tongues exploring with languid grace. Joe broke the kiss, pulling back so he could fully focus on Mark's face. "Are you sure you've never done that before? I gotta tell you babe, if you get any better I may have a heart attack."

Mark smirked and playfully punched him, "Cut it out. No I've never done that before." he paused and bit his lip, a slight blush tinting his cheeks, "I will admit I've practiced on a few bananas, but they never delivered such a tasty load." he gave his eyebrows a lascivious wiggle.

Joe laughed and pulled Mark down on his chest, winding his arms around him, "Babe, you're priceless."

Mark snuggled in with a contented sigh.

They rested comfortably together until Mark stirred. "I should go see about Chip, he's waiting for breakfast and I know he's got to go out."

Joe's arms tightened, "Already taken care of sweetheart. You're not going anywhere but under me."

Suiting actions to words, he flipped Mark over on his stomach and draped his big, furred body over the younger man's. His already swelling cock wedged between the rounded mounds of Mark's ass and he slowly undulated, emulating the thrust and withdrawal of sexual play.

"Time for the main event, Mark." he whispered, licking and teasing Mark's ear, "Are you ready?"

Mark was already panting, "Yes... no... aren't you going to... don't you need to... oh God." he groaned. His confusion was aided by the fact that Joe was lightly biting him. Soft stinging bites followed by warm, soothing licks, right where his neck met his shoulder. Mark shuddered.

"Yes I am going to. Relax baby, feel for me, just feel."

Joe sat up, straddling Mark's hips. Precum left a shimmering trail against the warm lightly bronzed hue of Mark's skin where it met Joe's dripping cock. Joe massaged Mark's shoulders and back, leaning down again and again to place random kisses along the way. His tongue traced the subtle ridge of his spine, the slick tantalizing trail sending electric shivers through Mark.

dlmercer
dlmercer
425 Followers