All Comments on 'Snow and the River Ch. 02'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Poetic

You paint a picture that comes alive on the page and more importantly, in the mind of the reader. You make it so easy to get lost in your stories.

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Damn!

That was good!

So nice to see the circle closed, to see that people can hold on to each other through so many years and changes.

And, as always, your language and the feelings it invokes are unmatched.

A very, very nice piece of work.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Shades of Gray

Artful, powerful, compelling. I wept, Doc, highest compliment I can give you... the humanity of this couple, the lessons learned, the passage of time. *You* are the artist, and you are adept and skillful, but more than that, there is a depth to your work that pierces the most tender parts of me. You leave me speechless, and it is divine.

liquidsilkliquidsilkover 18 years ago
Again!

you've done it yet again.. touched a place inside me with words that express feelings that lie hidden. you are magical

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Disgusting, and Shitty!

The story was going fairly well, and then the "snipping" came into play. So much for bullshit fantasies. If you want to write a fantasy story go to Preggoman.com and find the author Dr.T and follow my storylines.

sacksackover 18 years ago
nice foil to part 1....

and it's a two part series to be proud of. Thank you for sharing your immense talent with lit.!

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Quality writing

This chapter might even be better than the first one, and that's saying a lot.

Rumple

Louise BrownLouise Brownover 18 years ago
(Same comment) It still fits.

Both stories are so poignant, carrying the seasonal sadness or regret that most people try to ignore time of year, yet leaving an aftertaste of hope. Best of luck in the contest, Doc. Very nicely done.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Waterworks

Again, beautiful work! I cried even more from this chapter than the first! Very poignant.

TxdelicatablegrlTxdelicatablegrlover 18 years ago
Loved it

Really enjoyed this miniseries story. Beautiful imagery. I could actually feel the snow.

<Don't even bother reading that comment that don person posted.

I don't think there's a story that's been posted on this site he likes so far.>

Keep up the good work.

shereadsshereadsover 18 years ago
Ouch.

"I want to know why the snow's so beautiful. Why it breaks my heart."

scribbledehobblescribbledehobbleover 18 years ago
Excellent in the romantic portions

I thought that both stories began wonderfully, the setting of the mood and the creation of ambience was excellent. The sex scenes were very satisfying too, but I felt an abruptness in the transition. But I realise that these were submissions to the winter holiday contest and hence possibly elided. But if this was the subject of a novella, I think it is definite publishworthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
pathetic souls, wimpy man

and there's no UC Long Beach.

Berkeley, LA, San Diego, Davis, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Irvine, Riverside, and now Merced.

but there is NO UC Long Beach.

it's supposed to be so deep, so loving, so bittersweet, what-not. i guess for masochistic people, it is. but for a person, a man, to live his whole life loving an image of a woman who she herself said to be selfish, an observation he disagrees with, simply because he gets to fuck her a few times over a whole life time, while begging her left and right, to "come back" to him, to allow him to have her love,,,, it's total wimpy narcissistic masochism at its worst

tcmusetcmuseover 17 years ago
lovely

and sweet...i loved both of these stories.

CoryleaCoryleaover 15 years ago
Poignant

*sigh* "What might have been" is one of the saddest concepts there is. Even though the ending is happy, it hurts to think of all the time they lost. (That's not a complaint; it's a compliment on how real you've made them.) Thanks once again for sharing the fruits of your talent with us.

ciaddictciaddictalmost 14 years ago
Happy Camper

As a happy ending junkie, I can say that this left me very satified.

"We get deeper as we age, don't we?" And no one can delve into that deepness like the Doctor.

hitom45hitom45over 13 years ago
Epiphany

What a beautifully crafted story. Thank you for sharing your art with us, and enlivening your characters with such timeless love and passion. Bravo

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Two in a Row

I just read the first "snow" short story and had no idea it was an old story and there was a sequel. This one lacks the painful beauty of the first, because that was one that broke your heart, but this one is what a Romance should be. Two lost souls finally finding their way back to each other when there's still time enough to enjoy the world. It doesn't get any better. As I'm writing this, it makes me wants to stick my head out the door of my suburban home and yell, "Merry Christmas, you Miserable Old...." (apologies to Jimmy Stewart and 'It's A Wonderful Life'.) Two great short stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
lovely

utterly so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice

I was hoping the dumb ass would kill himself!

sweetone66sweetone66over 8 years ago
Touching...

The first chapter was wrenching, but this chapter made the story perfect! You are one fine writer!

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Another Lovely Vignette

This bookends part one quite nicely, thank you. While I never reunited with my first great love, I did discover love again late in life -- at about the assumed age of these characters -- and it has been every bit as sweet as my first. Even better, actually, thanks to the knowledge that one acquires through the years.

The loveliness of a mature, "mother's body," rejected by one man after 24 years of use (27 years in my case), is another man's treasure; every soft curve, stretch mark, wrinkle, and smile is now mine to love and cherish.

Thank you for some exquisite imagery and phrasing! Going back now to drop 5* on part one.

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142over 6 years ago
Another lovely little story...

So simple, and yet so beautifully depicted; I can just see it all, across the years....

FseriesFseriesalmost 5 years ago
Nice.

It’s beautifully written.

Very descriptive.

She’s an idiot for leaving him.

He’s an idiot for waiting for her, if she ever would return and more so because he’s accepting her back.

Still, it’s very well written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous