All Comments on 'River Spirit'

by mcfbridge

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
My Erotic TaleMy Erotic Taleabout 19 years ago
river spirit

I was hooked hook line and sinker when you said you liked fishing and then the nymph well this was a long tale but well worth the read, excellent story and good luck (~_~)

Black TulipBlack Tulipabout 19 years ago
Wondering

I liked your story but it left me wondering if there are male river spirits somewhere. Please?

Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Nixie

Great story. She was just a bit too human, though.

Lukas

cookiejarcookiejarabout 19 years ago
A good story...

A great contest entry! Good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Aw

Awesome. Especially because I grew up in Colorado and love fishing too. I wonder, if I put a large lake on my horse farm there will I get a girl like that too?

:)

PS- that was soooooooo sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Well done

Imaginative, well written, sexy...thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
great story :)

That story was damn good. I was never into non-human, but the way you described Nixy made her sound sexy as hell. I hope theres a chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Very imaginative, in a league of its own!

The beautiful depictions of this divine rivernymph should stimulate any sensious person's senses. The ecology-storyline sometimes narrowly misses Captain Planet, but is counterbalanced by very accurate descriptions of the power-relationships in the natural and human context surrounding the river as its central locus. The mythological allusions, however, are very involved into the fabric of the work, creating a near-monist interpretation of a world-mind (To understand this last comment, you must have read Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit, preferably in German.)

@-Babel-builder

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 19 years ago
I'm stunned...

...thank you, hon! You evoked the emotion that I mentioned wanting to read. Beautiful, sensuous, charming, loving and erotic. What a combination. Good luck, sweetheart! ~Minx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Converted

It sucked me in. I am not an avid reader but once I started reading I had to read the whole story. the emotion and feelings the story engendered made me feel as if I was there with Nixy.

Beautiful. More.

DormDadDormDadover 12 years ago
Wouldn't be neat if...

Wouldn't be neat if Nixie had a surprise for him as well?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wouldn't it be neater if...

Not every single earth day story in the fantasy section was about pollution and nymphs? Not only that, they always win. And inexplicably I read them. Be quad they're usually well written with a twist or two, even though they follow the same tired formula.

Nymph: they're killing me

Guy: omfgwtf how could they

Nymph: sadface

Guy: I'll save you!

Problem causer: I don't care

Guy: omgwtf how could you

*insert method of day saving here*

The end.

There are probably hundreds of earth day submissions that read like that. I would love some variety.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wonderful Story

This is one story that can really get you thinking on how everything in nature is interconnected. I can only hope that the bigwigs in Washington get thier act together, and stop screwing up the planet.

humminbeanhumminbeanover 12 years ago
Love it!

Please see my story "Nature Lover." Some similar elements, but a very different story.

Very happy to see others sharing some of my thoughts.

Traveller19Traveller19almost 12 years ago
not too bad...

...as the British would say, but I like to see some resistance, some adaptation effort going. Nixie, or whatever her name, fell all too easy into the arms of that American Hunk. See NEYTERI for details... also, if Nixie doesn´t eat, doesn´t bleed, then arguably she doesn´t sexually reproduce and has no need for a vagina, right? That would be some great piece of dialogue... ("human women have holes to make the man happy. I dont have that. We must find some other way...")

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good...but

Good story. Plot was smooth. The excessive use of the words "really" and "actually" were a minor annoyance at first but then became so off-putting I ended up skimming over a lot of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Enjoyed This Alot

I loved how you were able to take something completely unreal and make me almost believe in it. You have a very real style of writing. Taking the impossible and making it seem almost plausible. Nice Job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice.

Sweet!

Something to read on a cold night and makes one feel warm.

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermcfbridge@mcfbridge
706 Followers
Nice Southern boy with your basic warped and perverted imagination.