All Comments on 'Remembrance'

by AutumnWriter

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very nicely done

This is a wonderful story, filled with emotion and eroticism. It's a little (you should excuse the expression) stiff at times, and plays out just a tad too long; but the overall effect is supremely positive.

This is the best story I've read on this site in quite a while.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Superb vivid writing of true romance

It was wonderful with erotic passion and so romantic.

Sharing those exceptional memories of a love together in those last days, months or what ever a couple may have left when knowing the end is near brings a warmth to each, and does lesson some of the pain. Those recollections can be of little things or unforgettable experiences. The memory of the time you feel you let him or her down must be broached to be forgiven. It’s those memories that are forgiven that make the end a little easier for the survivor.

It would be depraved to call the ones who are given the time to say goodbye lucky. Too many times the physical and mental pain can be so devastating that at the end they pray, no beg, for God to end it. With hospice it many times falls upon the spouse to administer the medication to put and keep the spouse completely in coma type state, till how many days or weeks it takes for some organ to finally fail. It’s like the spouse feels he or she is actually administering or speeding death. These are things that never leave one’s mind.

Maybe having sudden death doesn’t let you say goodbye, but which is better for the surviving family, memory of agony from the disease for how ever long and the end, or regret of not being able to say all the things of love and goodbye, and yet knowing the love of a lifetime didn’t feel the drawn out pain. Forgive me for being a bit morose.

To me this story was so very well and completely told. Such real love and devotion are what all hope to find as they begin a marriage. Just excellent!

Thank you

Peggytwitty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Life as it should be lived

AutumnWriter:

You have talent as a writer. Keep writing. This is a fine story of a loving couple and their travels down life's rough and rugged road, side by side, and hand in hand. Simply put; A great tale lovingly told. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
beautiful remembrance

not sure why --- not sure if it is the Anna Karennina or Bird of the same feather theory --- but I feel there's just tons more eroticism in this kind of story than one where there's a whole bunch of people (serially or all together at one time) grinding against each other, moaning fake moans, spazing in fake and endless orgasms,,,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well Now Youv'e Done It Author

Somehow I sense that this had play in your growing up. Perhaps not but you touched deeply on the likely emotions of that place in time. Author cultivated respect drove the credibilty of this fine read.

Very impressive and now to your other offering - With High Regard

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 18 years ago
Amen.

The others have said it all.

The one thing that drives me nuts is description of the hymen inside the woman. To quote www.coolnurse.com: "Many people are under the impression that the hymen is located within the vagina. It is not. It’s part of the vulva, the external genital organs. It’s located outside the vagina. The hymen is a layer of tissue, just like the tissue around the opening of your vagina that partially conceals the vaginal orifice."

Still, wonderful. Thanks.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wisdom

You are very wise - - and a great story teller!

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
I wish that I could write like you !!!!

A truly heart warming tale of love between a long married couple. I have nothing further to add since Peggttwitty said it all. I have added you to my favourites! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Fantastic

Everything a good story should be and more.

Boyd

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
A Really Great Story

A beautiful and well written story it was magnificent.

Pat

humminbeanhumminbeanalmost 11 years ago
Things change, but they don't

Me and mine have been together thirty years, and weren't young when we met. Our older bodies don't do what they used to, but today's taste of her vulva and feel of her mouth on my penis are as fresh as the first time she bared herself to me. We have our weaknesses and they're getting bigger, but we haven't stopped making love.

Bravo. Us gray folk have passions that mean a lot to us. I just hope all the young'uns out there learn the gentler pleasures while they can still choose to.

Old love is love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very erotic!

Slow moving to the climatic end. More stories should be like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Heartwarming! Beautiful!

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
2 OF THE MEMORIES NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN

your honeymoon and your first time, TK U MLJ LV NV

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 4 years ago
Awesome Story

Awesomely beautiful!

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Beautiful. Perfectly written! Thank you!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

well written, a life described. Quite a contrast to 1/2 of today's marriages ending at an average of 7 years and Thousands? Millions? of single parent babies each year.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous