All Comments on 'Regrets'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Job!

I am a man who don't like cheaters either. We all have sexual thoughts but are suppose to control them. Getting married too young and a busy work schedule can cause problems. By getting divorced, he seemed to learn a lesson. I also liked the part where her father had a little talk with him. Maybe he should have had that talk when they first got married. A very enjoyable read.

an avid reader

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Aussie needs a lesson in math

is this like a problem with Australia? they had sex xmas day... and again a lot on New years eve ... sept in 9 months later....

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
Everyone DESERVES a second chance?

Great story... what a weak male character...

as far as the idea of everyone DESERVING a second chance... I dont azgree. I dont know where this dumb fuck idea comes from but its bullshit

On the other hand one can EARN a second chance which in this story the husband did. but is not a right and no cheater automatically deserves a 2nd chance

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Enjoyable!

I have to say I found this a pleasant read, even heartwarming in spots - but then I love a happy ending. I took all my emotions - threw them up in the air - when they came back down they spelled Fantasy. Good On Ya - DG! Enjoyable!

andy1hardyandy1hardyover 17 years ago
Interesting!!!

Loved It!!...It all worked out well for everyone...

Couple of things...What ifs:

[1] Darcy also said that along with Alice...she would never invite men over who also gave her a full massage...and over time Rhett saw that "Brad" was never invited... neither was his brother or Jeff...even his boss...hmmmmm!!!

[2] That the night of their first love making..when Rhett ate her out..he received the "best-ever" blowjob...better than Jenn...better than Alice ..and that Darcy was receptive to anal...and it didn't hurt....HMMMMM!!!

[3] the girls were outside the bedroom talking about the gifts they had received earlier from "Uncle Brad and Uncle Jeff"...and were now taking guesses who was in there sleeping with mom that morning...LOL

Would the storyline have changed...Hmmmm...I wonder

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Loved it!

New I was growing old but had tears continueously from the middle of the story and to the end. Another great job DG! Thanks

comment_IDcomment_IDover 17 years ago
A typo ?

Sometimes it is the small things that deflect a story.

September 1st would only be an eight month pregnancy from New Years night or eight months-and-one-week from Christmas night.

The end of September is nine months from New Years night or nine months-and-one week from Christmas night. I can only assume that September 1st is a typo in order for this story to work.

I assumed again that the author was thinking nine months is September and that he forgot that the end of September is nine months. So if we substitute October 1st, the story works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Pay attention!

Dear Harry in Va. (among others): They had sex around Christmas and New Years; yes, Sept. is the ninth month following, but Sept. 1 is only eight months away. If she's expecting to deliver around Sept. 1, then conception was around Dec. 1. Before you belittle the math skills of Australians, you might want to do a refresher couse of your own. She's playing him for a fool and, sadly, he seems to be buying it. What is needed is a second chapter dealing with her regrets, if she even has any. I don't think there's anything wrong with her math, that's why she forbids him to ask anything about her social life during their time apart - she knows that life won't stand any close examination. C'mon, DG! Give us chapter 2! Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Hmm

So this is where all the hypocrites congregate...well, hello!

If it's a man that cheats, suddenly you're all in tears....let's see if we switche the gender....

Oh my.....burn the cheating cunt to Hell you say?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Rhett deserves a second chance???

You always write well and I love happy endings, but in your story Rhett is a such a lecherous, self centered bastard it's hard to feel any liking for him. For the first half of your story he is playing grabass with every woman he meets. Darcy was only aware of one case but there were apparently many including Darcy's friends while she was entertainig them. Sorry he is too obnoxious to have any sympathy for him. the Ct. ankee

JakeRiversJakeRiversover 17 years ago
I can't say that everyone deserves

a second chance but everyone can change. Actual reconciliation and forgiveness depends on the situation, personalities and degree and sincerity of change.

I kinda in the middle on the reconciliation thing - neither for or against it. From an authors standpoint it's a matter of trying to create a plausible scenario that fits the circumstances of the story. I believe DG has done a credible job of doing this.

On the other hand a reader has to map the story on his/her personal beliefs and lived history. That's why so often that no matter what the author does, readers may not agree with it.

Regardless, fine writing is just that and should be rewarded on its own merit.

This was an interesting and well written story. Nice jo.

Regards Jake (aka Dynamite Jack)

hammer17hammer17over 17 years ago
Well!!!

I too thought it wasn't Retts baby. But think about this, maybe she is testing Rett to see if he TRULY loves her by raising another mans kid. That's not my CUP OF TEA but think about it from her prospective, that could be her thinking! Anywhoo, good story HG. Here, I will do something OUTRAGOUS by posting my name, HEHEHEH!!!

Paul

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
Agree with last 2 comments re: unlikable husband

and double standard.

I dont see any reason to give the guy another chance. He was just as unlikable and shallow as the women in most cheating stories are. Who cares if he learned his lesson and wont cheat anymore? He is still a dink who only thought about himself for the whole story. Even when he was caught he blamed others, thought more about himself than his wife, and continued to think about how to get his wife to take him back (rather than trying to make things better/easier for her).

Glad he shaped up in the end but it still seems the wife could have done better if he would have just left her alone and let her find someone new.

PS - his whining, complaining, feeling sorry for himself, disregard for others feelings, etc were all annoying. Even when he said he was taking responsibility and growing up there was always a but attached 'I guess I cant blame her - but I do', 'She had every reason to throw me out - but she shouldnt have', 'I my look, act and behave like a jackass - but Im not'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Not one for tear jerkers, but very nicely done!

I found this story bring tears to my eyes as I reflected on my brothers marriage. The writer has obvious talent.

I'm your typical self centered male. Growing up I had to watch my oldest brothers marriage fall apart. It may even have effected me so much that I never married. Came close, but never happened. My oldest brother and his wife married young, had two kids and grew apart. He was cheating and still into partying and she became deeply involved with the church. Talk about going there seperate ways.

The part that affected me the most was the kids, I could tell they were confused and missed their Dad. If your going to marry young, fine, I'd sujest to hold off on the kids for awhile though. Fine out if you really are devoted to one another. The kids are the most affected by a divorce. Do I believe he deserved a second change, maybe, the KIDS deserved it the most though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a fine piece of writing

i find this a good story. there is no sudden changes by the victim - the author writes so that you SEE the basis for the forgiveness. one may not agree with that forgiveness, but you kind of understand why she did - unlike other authors where the victim flip flops basic emotions and goes from hate to forgiveness w/o reason.

the 8 month baby, intended or not, kind of fits in with that explaining the reasoning behind the forgiveness. instead of doing the forgiveness because he showed her love and regret, the reader is left wondering did she accept forgiveness so that the child would have a father? we don't know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It

wasn't his first unfaithfulness ,was it?Unlike certain high ranking politicians think a blow job counts as unfaithful behaviour too me.If it had been a woman,we men would be condemning her.What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Reconciliation depends entirely on...

the two people involved. What is bad writing is when a reconciliation comes after a few tears/promises not to do it again. A great wrong takes time, thoughtful consideration and paying some reparations to the injured party. Rhett needed to grow up (beating a guy up who fondled Darcy is not a sign of emotional maturity).

The sad thing about cheating is that is similar to losing one's virginity - you can go back! One of the attributes which makes marriage special is the exclusive intimacy between a man and a woman.

Your story reflected the real world and I was glad to see the husband as the cheater (that is usually the case) earn a second chance. Overall, this story was outstanding!

SleeplessinMD

TLeeTLeeover 17 years ago
A second chance may be bullshit

Does Charles Manson deserve a second chance? I think not. Some cheaters may get a second chance. Some may not. Nobody 'DESERVES' a second chance. You have to earn it.

DG HearDG Hearover 17 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

I screwed up readers. The baby was due Sept. 30th I made the edited change. Hopefully it will be corrected soon. Sorry for the mistake but it sure made for some interesting comments. It was Rhett's child, just so you know.

I'm posting this till the changes are made, then I'll delete my comments.

Thank you

DG Hear

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I HATE a Sad Ending

As usual; a well written (if not somewhat long) sad tale of a stupid, stupid woman, so for that the story get's at least an average score. Women usually do forgive the cheating hubbys, and that’s why men who forgive cheating wives are always compared to women (pussy's), or at least non-men (wimps). This is why pussy's, wimps, and women, are always taking the cheaters back. Women can usually be suckered two or three times, pussy's and wimps generally only once, after that they better start getting in touch with their inner cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Truth

We sometimes make big mistakes in our lives but if we truly love each other we can learn and move on. He made the biggest mistakes but, by the same token if she had been a bit more loving and looked after their sex life a bit better in the early days he would'nt have thought of straying. A well fed bull with a randy cow does'nt bother lookng into the next field, he is too busy and worn out.I know it does'nt excuse him but think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
unliked, unlikable man

this story would have been better told from the wife's perspective. the man is not only weak, he is shallow and NEEDY and immature.

his "learned lesson" --- per the author --- was only and basically that he lost someone who was true and upstanding; his "growth," again per the author, is only and basically that he "learned" how painful it is and that he lives everyday the pain for the past 3 years.

"Mum's" example was diversionary! also, wife's dates/boyfriends (like the guy/doc?) who dropped in for 2 seconds at the hospital and who made a 2 second called?, that's too silly. in real life, those figures would not be as one-dimensional as the author made them out to be here,,,,,,, If the shallow/unlikeable former hubby HAD to compete with "real men", he'd resort to drinking, fist fighting, and his shallow characteristics again and would not likely win her back as easily as the author made it out to be here!

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
I think the author did an ok job of showing the

husband was sorry. He also showed him earning his way back by being a little better than he was when he cheated. In that regard the story is ok since it wasnt just a bunch of hurt feelings with a quick reconciliation pounded in at the end (even if it didnt fit too well). In that respect, the story is better than most that feature reconciliations out of the blue.

You have to look at the other side as well though. The husband didnt just have a one time fling. He was a serial cheater and he wasnt at all worried about his wifes feelings until after he got caught. He wasnt particularly concerned with his wifes feelings after he got caught either - more concerned with how it affected him. He was a whiner who blamed others for the consequences of his own actions. Even after he supposedly grew up, he was still thinking mostly about himself. He didnt spend too much time worrying about how his actions had affected his ex wife and kids, only about how it was so unfair he didnt have the idyllic life he once had.

If it was a woman acting this way most of the people here would think he was a fool to take her back. I know I would. Even if the author did make the lead-up to reconciliation a bit more in-depth than is the trend (a good thing), he still didnt make the husband likable for me. I dislike when husbands settle for cheap imitations of love by taking back unlikable wives who crap on them, so why wouldnt I dislike the opposite?

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Carps and quibbles

A man who is divorced writes the story. He says at the beginning, "I am divorced now and have been for over three years." It MUST end with the man STILL being divorced. It cannot go on past the ending of the divorce unless there is an epilog where that happens. If a guy sitting on a barstool starts to tell a story, it must end there, too. The author is hardly the first to make this no-no but it's still a no-no.

It is absolutely the author’s prerogative to write the following. "For starters, you can't ask me anything about my personal life since our divorce and I won't ask you about yours.” But, what idiot would tolerate such a statement? I’d tell Darcy, “For enders, you and I tell everything or I’m outa here right now! I’m not going to be introduced by you to men and wonder if you’ve fucked them. Obviously, you ought to have the same feelings about me and other women.”

The author says, “cheating is the biggest cause of broken marriages.” Not correct. Squabbles over money are the official biggest cause. Some claim that money tiffs are power struggles but I disagree. I think they are a demonstration of the paradigms (worldview) of each party to the argument. Are you a spender or saver?

An interesting read. Thanks as ever for writing.

Phil

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Good Story

A good story as always.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Great story!

DG, your writing keeps getting better and better. After all Rhett went through to get detoxified and straight and be there for his family, your ending worked. He earned forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Husbands are usually the cheaters? ? ?

SleeplessinMD states "I was glad to see the husband as the cheater (that is usually the case). . . " If one looks at links brought up with a Google search of the internet on infidelity, there is a range of statistics for cheating in a marriage by gender with men ahead of women but not by much. Such statistics are not easy to obtain because many people will be reluctant to admit to infidelity, but taking all into account, it would appear that for younger individuals, both males and females cheat approximately equally (see the following link, for example: http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/infidelitystats.html. I suspect the author of the comment stating men are the ones who usually cheat is either a woman or an older man (with traditional values and bias). I believe cheating (other than in a well-written fantasy story) is wrong but people do have weaknesses, they sometimes make mistakes (as the author writes), and it does happen. My point is simply that "You've come a long way, baby" seems to apply to wives' cheating, not just women smoking Virginia Slims.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIover 17 years ago
concur with the last observer

these days, if you take a look at any of the major indexes of human acts/behaviors, women are either on a par with men or close to it (except in the most powerful positions, like in politics and in the top fortune 500 corporative entities).

1. in smoking, women are basically on a par with men (I should say younger women) and they have the "momentum" on their side, so don't be surprised to find out within 5-10 years that there are more women smokers than men smokers.

2. in education --- basic, college level --- women are already ahead.

3. even at the high school level, except for the narrow SAT scores, young women leave young guys in the dust when it comes to grades and other scholarly achievements,,,

4. it's easier to convince women to fall for ideas, trends, etc. than men: it makes sense, as industries catered to women things are in the multi-billion dollar business,,,,

5. if you grabbed any two women, and any two men, RANDOMLY from the street and pay them a few hundred to a few thousand to "have sex with each other," you will have little or no trouble convincing the women to do it, but you would likely get a punch in the face from the two guys!

ANYWAY, point is, these days and age, women are basically "on a par" with men, in acts and behaviors that do NOT require BROAD PARTICIPATION of some kind. If it is mostly individual acts and behaviors, women are just as likely to do as men, in most private circumstances, and in other situations, they are MORE likely to do it than men.

"Liberation" and "equality" are swords that cut both ways. Women will over take men in many engagements that, for thousands of years, men had "dominated"... "Cheating" is one that there's basically parity right now, because cheating is an individual pursuit that does not require "broad consensus" of any kind and women have shown that when it comes to individual activities, they are just as good as men or better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bullshit!!! Long live the DICK Tatorship baby

What Kublai and these other men are writing is bullshit and I know it, coz I am a man. Most men who dont cheat, its only coz they cant find a woman to do it with. Most men will fuck anything.

I worked in many pubs and bars. WHilst there were a lot of loose women, especially when drunk, men were loose, drunk or sober. If a woman is happily in love and well fucked, she will not cheat as easily as a man. A man can have the prettiest chick with the best pussy and she can fuck him blind every other night, but if he gets the chance to fuck some no good, half decent looking bird, he will do it. I have seen men in expensive cars pick up some ugly, cheap whore and go and fuck her in a cheap motel, or just get a quick blow job in a car. Once, I even saw a handsome friend creeping with a girl that was so ugly that you could have thought he dug her up from under a rock. But he was thinking with his dick.

Just look at the difference in pick up habits between gays and lesbians. Gays will just go somewhere, suck and fuck any guy they dont even know. I am not saying all gays, but I have seen gays doing it, whereas lezzies are not all that all in your face loose.

Those statistics quoted are bullshit, they probably interviewed some dorky guys and some horny sluts to come up with them. I am not saying women dont cheat, but it will take a while until they catch up with us.

And Kublai claiming that guys will punch you if you offer them a fine woman to fuck and cash, Kublai, you are a fucking liar and ignorant as hell. Many guys will do it for free, if she looks alright, unless you are talking about gay sex maybe.

SO, what the fuck are you guys saying. Kublai and co, wake up guys. Fuck these women and be real men, like most of the guys out there. You guys must be intellectuals and nerds. If a girl looks decent enough, and she is willing to suck and fuck, I will fuck her. Its all about scouting for new talent. You never know, you could passing up the best pussy of the week, so, I advise Kublai and all his fellow liars to stop lyng and get some pussy.

I assume anyway, this is a strategy by you guys to bambooyle women. But why bother lying to them. Dick rules. This is a dick tatorship, not a pussy ship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You done good!

I am a man who cheated on my wife, went through a divorce, and remarried my wife a few years later. Things could not be better these days. You've written a good story and done it without the wife compromising her position. I am turned off by characters who feel the need to "get even" by doing someone just to pay back the offending party. Frankly, I doubt that Darcy had sex while she was divorced (except with Rhett) though she did say that she didn't want to be questioned about anything she did during the time she and Rhett were apart. Bottom line ... good story, well written, with an outcome I could appreciate. Sounds like real life to me.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
A great story

It's alwys good when a story has a happy ending. Is it realistic? OF COURSE! I recently read a true case history where a man had a seven year affair and the wife forgave him and they nade it(with lots of counseling). If Darcy had been like her father there wouldn't have been all the screwing around while they were seperated.

Good story-well written.

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable story

The whole thing seemed reasonable to me as I read it, and I always find I don't bother over analysing stories I enjoy.

It is those stories that don't work I tend to look closely at to see why.

Over the years I've seen many young arseholes mature into good men, and that's what I saw happening in this story.

Well done DG, you're developing as writer and your endings are improving out of sight over time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
i really liked this story!

regardless of what some of the negative comments are concerning this story, it was a really good story! there are just some situations that warrant giving a second chance. as for speculating about the baby's father, or about where the story should end or begin, that's just merely reader speculation, period! it doesn't say anything in the writing so all else is assumption! read the story for its own merit and it is one great story!

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 17 years ago
i really liked this story!

regardless of what some of the negative comments are concerning this story, it was a really good story! there are just some situations that warrant giving a second chance. as for speculating about the baby's father, or about where the story should end or begin, that's just merely reader speculation, period! it doesn't say anything in the writing so all else is assumption! read the story for its own merit and it is one great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good One

Not the usual sort of brand on this site but a good one nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
3 years in hell but heven ...

3 years in hell for both and children and christmass come with presents and it was heaven again !!! I loved this story ! thank you a lot !!!

congratulation from frenchgus !

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Superb!!!

Well you can’t please all the people all of the time, but DG, you must keep on trying despite lack of appreciation from generally anonymous critics. DG you continue to give us top quality stories and we keep coming back for more! "Regrets" is one of your most realistic portrayals of life and of marital relationships that I have read in quite a while. The hero deserved and got a second chance at happiness and those of us who love ‘Happy Endings’ should again be very happy with this one. I seem to recall saying this about other of your stories! DG keep them coming. Pete.

DG HearDG Hearover 17 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

I edited the story and the new date for the Baby's arrival is in it, Again sorry for the math error, Brett was Rhett's son. In the next few days I will be posting 'Regrets, Darcy's story' Please look for it.

Also I will be removing any comments that pertain to the wrong birthdate of the baby. It was my fault an I don't want the commenters to look like it was theirs. Feel free to leave a new comment.

Thank you

DG Hear

sacksackover 17 years ago
I thought this was a worthwhile story...

The overall topic does not particularly interest me, but the treatment, details, and flow of this story is masterly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well balanced story

that was a wonderful story. I totally enjoyed reading it. I like a well balanced story and not all one sided. Keep up the good work and keep writing good ones. Cheers.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
One of DG's best stories

The only thing that seems true to me is if this had been a wife who had cheated most on this site would call the husband a wimp for taking her back. We have definite double standard by most of the people who comment here.

Thank you DG for a good story and entertainment

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good

i love it everybody should get a second chance

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I'd give the world

I'd give the world to blow one last load of semen into my ex-wife, who is still the hottest woman I've ever known. Wow! It must be great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
So much pain...

I don't know what to say here. Three years of emotional isolation, the loss of his family, the loss of social respect...somehow this punishment, and that's just what it is, seems to be just too much. Good Lord, are we to be damaged so badly because we fell prey to our drives, our inherent weaknesses? Are you saying that's the only way to "cure" someone of such behaviours?

Yeah, I know he cheated, and yes, it was a wrong move, but somehow what I see is a total powerplay in her punishment choices. I'm sorry, but your "happy ending" seems unbelievable now that the story of his "treachery" is out there for the family and social circle to know and admonish. Three years later? I wouldn't be back.

Your story was very well written, and I respect the moral. Maybe I'm just too forgiving...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
redemption!

this story was just tucked away here like a bomb. i know i'm a twisted fucker for getting off on these 'loving wives' stories, its wrong for me and its probably the devil himself that makes me turned on by it. i started reading this expecting to be beating off and i ended up just cheering for you to get Darcy back through the whole thing and thinking to myself how i don't ever wanna go through what you went through. i'm glad you got her back. i hope you walk the line though, bc i'll be walking it a little straighter myself after reading this. good luck brother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Bullshit!

Rhett is a low classed, ignorant dickwad and IMHO too dumb to pour piss out of a boot. Reconciliation should never have happened. AAMOF, the 1st marriage should never have happened. Why do most of your characters seem to have the intelligence of High School drop outs? I keep reading, hoping that some where along the line you'll get away from writing about juvenile delinquents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

A one time thing is a maybe. But this guy messed around with his co-worker, was feeling up the Alice chick and then screwed another woman on their children's bed! That is an all new low there. Yeah I am sure he does regret what happened but he didn't learn his lesson till he totally destroved his life.

But since you did have them reconcile not much use bitching about it. Hopefully he is wiser this time around.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Without the violence and jealously I would have given it 5*****s.

However, since he is so extremely jealous and since he is a criminal by assulting and maiming a guy and never went to prison like he should have, I had to give it 1*. Such a jealous violent person is not fit to be a husband an in time he will beat up his wife since that what all jealous violent men do.

If he was not a jealous violent persons, he would deserve a second chance.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Rhett is totally unlikeable

The challenge for this story is, not only is Rhett a cheater but he is also a stupid, self centered, aggressive whiner. There is nothing to like about this loser and reading about him becomes suffocating. <br><br>

I see no double standard here. Rhett is held accountable for his cheating by everyone around him. At first he is too much of a moron to get his act together. I agree that a second chance needs to be earned and he was doing nothing to earn it. In fact, he continued to prove that he deserved to be dumped. <br><br>

The question comes down to, did he finally earn forgiveness? DG Hear does a lot of work to make us think he does. I congratulate him on making that effort rather than the miraculous redemption that is too common at the end of many stories. The problem is that Rhett is such a complete loser that I'm not sure he is "fixable". Even after all the author's work I get the feeling that Darcy may regret her choice in the end. However, even though I'm not convinced, it was a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
regrets

Like all of us we have made foolish decisions in our young lives,he did too, he paid the price and now she is forgiving him. Let them live happily for ever

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
WOW

DWidiot is really rampaging through this site. I am sorry for all you authors to have an idiot like this score your work. I know you put a lot of effort into your stories and then some prick like him ( or her) comes along and sticks a pin in your balloon. Sad

RoboboyRoboboyabout 12 years ago
Bad comments and ratings can be a good sign

I just love how personally readers take this story. The reactions of people who read your story and were incensed by Brett's actions tells me the story was well written. Readers are suspending their dibelief and identifying with the main character. Congratulations on a great read. One technical nit: you have a problem with tenses in the middle, shifting from past to present and then back to past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More trouble!

Not only do you have a problem with "tenses", you also have a problem with "persons". You are constantly shifting from first person to third person and back again to first person, oftentimes in the same sentence. These are not just grammatical niceties, but establish the flow of the story. Who says what, or does what. When a reader has to go back and reread a sentence or a paragraph to decipher its meaning, it takes much away from the reading experience and the story itself.

If you want to write, at least learn enough grammar to demonstrate a respect for both the writing trade and the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I love happy endings, too.

I left my wife for another woman a long time ago. We had not been getting along and she was trying to push her religion off on me so I was ripe to be exploited. After a short time I was visiting my children and my little girl made me cry by asking "Daddy, am I still your little girl?" I just had to quit the foolishness and my wife forgave me and took me back. She was even able to kid me a little about redheads a few months later. I was very fortunate and blessed. My "little girl" that made me cry is now a grandmother herself. We are still very close, I think she loves me more than my sons do.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Well

He was a cheating prick asshole and she had every right to dump him. Sometimes I guess things just work themselves out. Time will tell.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Hmmm...

This is my second read for this story and ZI am unable to find a comment -

I suspect I was as undecided then as I am now - Darcy is a good woman and deserves better -

Rhett is an asshat who got what he deserved - maybe he will do right - maybe he has earned it - but that is truly unclear - he still screwed around (not cheating just poor judgement) and still is unclear about what doing right is. There is little to support his claim he has grown up except his desperation. His impulse control is still lacking.

The future would be interesting

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cheaters never change their spots

They may regret getting caught and paying the price, but should the opportunity come along again, I believe they'll cheat again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BIG mistake

I think she's pregnant with another man's child. I don't think she forgave him at all and wanted this revenge. I think they never make it to the altar a second time.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Would Like to Think That He's the Father.

- She would not allowed their sex lives during their post-divorced times to be discussed but have to hope that the bogus math,with the 8 months pregnancy is just an author's glitch. (After all,if it's true,DNA testing will clear it up quickly!)

- She never let him chow down while they were married? No wonder the guy fell for outside pussy! It's wonderful to love your wife but,if she's a cold clam than what does she expect?!

- Please,The Loretta Bobbit Story as her Christmas gift to him?! Hope he gave her the ZAP Comic where the Checkered Demon wacked the chick's tit off with a butcher blade!

- Hope the new baby boy isn't as black as the Ace of Spades!!!

PTraumPTraumover 8 years ago
Have to agree with Hue

The whole Bobbitt bit was a bit over the top for me. Yes he cheated. Did he actually change? Time will tell. Making threats going into what is supposed to be a second chance only highlights the fact that she doesn't trust him despite all the efforts he's made to demonstrate his having turned over a new leaf. No...if I were in his position and my ex not only issued a threat, but to do so in the guise of a "gift" I'd have to walk. I'd still be there for my kids, but her threatening manner would preclude any involvement romantically.

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
Second chance

Once Darcy goes home from hospital it doesn't mention her dating. Jeffs not mentioned till Christmas when he calls and informed that her and Rhett are back together. The first time they make love at Christmas time Darcy mentioned it had been a while, making you feel that she had been without sex for a while. Also September 30 would be 9 months. Hopefully Rhett will bring praying and church to his family. I think Darcy dad influenced them reuniting after he saw a change in the chapel. I think he told Darcy of there early issue and love won. It was a good read.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 8 years ago
What a mistake.

to give the wimpy-assed and crying cheater another shot at her puss is just stupid. Haven't you ever heard that 'once a cheater, always a cheater?' Don't trust that weak character Rhett, ever. It would be nice to let him know he's raising another cheater's baby. That should get his attention.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

This story sucked me right in....couldn't stop crying. Who knows what the right thing to do is? Or is there even a right thing to do? What's right for one couple might not work for another. It's hard as hell to trust after being so deceived. You start second guessing every moment of your marriage.....when did he decide I wasn't enough? What did she have or do that I didn't? And if you decide to stay together, you HAVE to be able to let it go because otherwise you will turn into someone you don't even recognize....speed dialing his cell phone when he's a few minutes late getting home, waiting till he falls asleep then checking his emails & texts, watching his every move & expression when around other woman. It's exhausting. Can you tell I've been through it? Yeah, not a fun place to be. Glad it worked out in this story though.

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
A Cheater Is A Cheater Is A Cheater!

I'm a firm believer that once a cheater always a cheater...man and/or woman. This guy is a serial cheater. He did it more than once. I like to see the family stay together but not in this case. He is sorry now, but what happens later....who knows. I would not trust him. I don't think this is a good reconciliation story. Maybe the kid is not his and that is his punishment.

Thank you for the story...even if I disagree with the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
We all need forgiveness.

Every single one who writes about not forgiving, burn the bastard, has done a hundred things in his or her life that needed forgiveness. If you can't admit that you are lying to yourself. Only a fool lies to himself and believes it.

In this story the husband made a terrible mistake and it appears he has learned his lesson. It is far better for the children to have an intact home life. It is far better for two people who love each other to make up. It is also worth noting that the wife has set a boundary. No more chances. That's fair.

You idiots also forget one other thing. The wife forgives for herself and her mental health. It releases her to move ahead with her life. If she chooses to move ahead with her ex, that is her decision as to what is best for her.

Shame on you who preach revenge.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Was the baby his or Jeff’s? Guess will only know once the baby is born and after the dna test. She was dating Jeff up till Xmas said the baby was conceived New Years. Well that’s only a couple weeks difference if the baby is born early it could be Jeff’s.Darcy told Rhett not to ask her about her lovers while they were divorced so it was possible she. Could have had sex with Jeff just before Xmas. Just saying...fun second chapter possibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Me, I'd of left the area after the divorce. I screwed up, so I should of just left the area and allowed both of us to start a new life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I agree with the last anonymous I would have left the area I fucked up once in my marriage in the early years told her about it and it crushed her so when she said she was thru I was gracious and bowed out (trust me my family disowned me just like hers) and left the area she came and found me before the divorce was finished one thing we did do was talk about what we did while separated and I believe her when she said she was still truthful to me and she had already talked to my neighbors where I was and found out I had refused dating so was truthful when I said I was truthful to her except just the one time and we have still been together for 17 years now sometimes we can get a good ending in life and love still got my wife and both my little girls

jrphdojrphdoalmost 6 years ago
Still some questions

The first one is, whose baby is it? The husband certainly screwed up and deserves some punishment. If you can save a marriage that is. basically good, and it seems he is willing to do everything possible including eating lots of crow, and she could find forgiveness in her heart, great. I don't think I would ever go as far as to raise someone else's kid though. The second thing is his sister. I don't know if I could ever forgive her for taking such an active part against me. Not saying she would have to take my side if she thought I was in the wrong, she certainly could give me shit about it, but to take active sides against your own brother, we wouldn't be on speaking terms anytime soon!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another good story, this time from Rhett's point of view. I read Darcy first, but still enjoyed it. Great pair of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Miss

She saidshe missed him,but didn't make any effort to let him know during all the house visits in the three years apart.How much she missed him was apparent on Christmas Eve when he didn't have to use a condom because she was on the pill, Jeff must have being a good job as a replacement.What an hypercrite she is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hope

Hope after he got back with Darcy,he gave his sister Sue the cold shoulder for her interference at the dance club.What an arsehole to have for a sister.Family are supposed to help not hinder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How

How come it took her three years to take him back if she really loved him?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What

What did he really do at Xmas,he helped the kids open their presents on Xmas morning,but he also stayed at home on Xmas day for the last two years,which was it?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Funny how the whiny "cuck" crowd changes their tune. Of course they will never admit their bias.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
GREAT READ

reconciliation happens quite often in marriages Don't know if I could hold out for 3 years

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Reading again. A cheating husband gets a RAAC. That's unusual enough to make an interesting story.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Mistakes happen. Resolving them is always far more difficult than the mistakes themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

👍👌👍👌👍👌👍👌👍.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No comments

4*

BJ

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Your usual good story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. Just wonder how many readers would be so favorably inclined to reconciliation of the genders were reversed? Sequel is good too. Love the part we he dresses up in an improvised hazard suit to change his son's diaper.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Cheating is actually the #3 cause of divorces in current times. Look it up. Good story btw. But suspect if roles reversed the BTB pitchforks would be out in force.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked the story. Not all cheaters deserve to be burned to the ground. The guy made a mistake and was truly sorry. Most BTB stories the guilty person did not deserve a second chance.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

I loved the story.

Cheating on a spouse/loved one is one of the worst things a person can do to another.

I am typically in the BTB camp, but I also believe in forgiveness and in certain cases, absolution. When true remorse is shown, there is sometimes to possibility of reconciliation.

SackettheartSackettheart3 months ago

Great story, I really hate when a husband f ups a good marriage and realizes his mistake to late. I always have that sort of sick feeling reading it but it's like driving by a car accident and you can't help but look. I can't help but continue reading. Luckily this had a happy ending for all. Again another great story by a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

OK story I guess but I really don't see exactly what happened her. He was seeing the kids all he wanted and was in their loves and he was even part of the "family". He was dating and having sex.

She had the house, family, kids, friends, and boyfriends and sex.

So why are they together and now married again? What was the magic trigger that all of a sudden she needs him in his life and they cannot discuss their time apart? If they cannot talk about what they have done then they should not remarry. If they are to be married it shouldn't matter who or what they had done as they were divorced and it would be over. If him or her being sluts matters then don't marry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES