All Comments on 'One Slip: A Hard Fall'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 163 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Too fast

He went from outright rage to "lets try to make this work" way too quickly. Its not totally impossible for somebody to do that, but it isn't a common reaction.

A more plausible plot would have been a seperation followed by reconciliation. Still, not a bad effort - just a very familiar plot with very predictable outcomes and not much that leapt out of the screen and said "I'm distinctive! Read me instead of the other reconciliation stories".

JoesephusJoesephusover 18 years agoAuthor
A Continuation of Patricia51's story One Slip

I loved her story and took the challenge to finish it. This story begins exactly where her's stops. If you haven't read "One Slip" it is important to understanding this one. It's also a great story on it's own.

I felt a bit odd giving my story the highest rating, but if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have posted it. I do have some edits that I've done that I thought would post with it. The biggest change was that I had Steve spending hours thinking before he made his decision.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
I liked it

Hey, the reconcilliation wasn't exactly quick. The darn story took like 8 pages. Still, under the circumstances, even the hard-nosed 'throw her ass out' types have got to admit that her crime was minimal in relation to her retribution.

Well written and real. Keep 'em coming, Joesephus.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
A good story.

A good story.

I liked your story.

I am not a writer of any kind just an avid reader of stories. I had a lot of trouble understanding and getting through the first page and a half of your story. I had to go back and reread some paragraphs. It was filled with an over abundance of superfluous words and sentences. This all became a moot point as the remaining pages had a lot less of these redundant comparisons of a point or feeling. It seems to me sometimes less is more in writing. Flowery descriptions some times get to be too much and sometimes don’t fit the point being made.

This is my uneducated opinion of your story and someone more versed in literature would be a better commentator of my observations.

I did like very much the final paragraph of the story:

Donna snuggled into his chest. "My darling husband, when you slip, you can expect a very had fall. You have to expect things to get broken, unless there is someone there to catch you.

This was a great statement and one I find quite appropriate and memorable.

Thinking I was done with my comments I just now went back to your profile and discovered that I had read your other story listed in Literotica only a few days before. I had commented to you of my love of that story and that still stands. My comments to this point are my honest first blush of your story.

I stand by what I had intimated in my comments above, but you are a good writer and I do look forward to more of your stories and as I stated above I’m just a reader of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Joe, your story took a hard fall, too

You may have a decent vocabulary but you have trouble assembling words so that your thoughts are coherent. You used words that are not normally used in every-day communication. Don't try to be so pedantic.

I cannot remember reading any other story that made me so tired as I read it. I spent much of my time trying to figure out what you wanted to say, and the rest mentally correcting your sentence structure (once an English teacher, always ... etc.). You definitely need a proof-reader and a spell-checker. I'd give your work a D+.

Overall I would say your story contained a lot of words but ended up leaving this reader virtually empty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
An author's plea...

As a new writer, I very much appreciate comments like the last one. It is the type of critique that will help me get better. I don't know if that poster will ever check but I'd like to beg than he either publicly or privately send me the specifics. As a non-English speaker, I'm especially interested in any words I've misused. One of my weakness is that I don't know a common word from an uncommon one. I do love the richness of English, but it does have a lot of words.

When I knew I was going to go to school here, I set about improving my English by reading a dictionary. It has given me a pretty good vocabulary, but no feel for usage.

If anyone else spots these sorts of problems, I would be grateful if you'll identify them for me.

I do use Word's spell check and grammar check, so I'm a bit surprised that a misspelled word slipped by. I do have another edited version pending, and I will always fix spelling errors, Word just doesn't see any.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Terrific

Realy enjoyed your story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good

You did a very creditable job of finishing Patricia51's story. Keep up the good work.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
overall, an excellent work

In reference to some of the preceding comments, let me say this: There are some flaws in your writing, but if English is not your first language, then that fact makes things much more forgiveable. If any one thing summarizes the flaws, it's the issue of omitted words (interestingly, "to" may well be the most common omission). But in any event, don't feel that you need to "dumb down" your word selection; you're doing just fine, in that regard.

In any event, the solution is to get a good proofreader/editor. Many of your misspelled words are actually word choice errors, which spell-check software cannot pick up. For example, "you" vs "your"; they're both legitimate words.

Having addressed those points, I have to say that this is a fine piece of writing. Excellent work. It may be a touch lengthy for this genre, but it is a wonderful tale, full of character development and plot fulfillment. I can quibble a little about the editing, but the writing style and the plot elements are beyond reproach.

-- KVK

allforallallforallover 18 years ago
Very Good

I found this an enjoyable read. This was a viable story and an engaging one. Thankyou. As Aesop said keep your audience to the end. This is believable to me.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 18 years ago
Your effort is appreciated.

I enjoyed this story. I know it takes a lot of work to write and post a story like this. As you become more comfortable with the entire process and develop a style, it will become easier and the stories even better. Hard work leads to good "luck". Thanks for the story!

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Good

A very good ending to a good story. This was verey writen with a lot of raw emotion. I enjoye it

JoesephusJoesephusover 18 years agoAuthor
LOL at a reader's email

I do try to respond to every one who writes me. I very much appreciate people who take the time to do it, even or especially if they had a criticism.

It is frustrating when someone needs to keep their identity secret. I understand but I so want to answer and have a conversation with some. This one made me laugh out loud, something I don't do often:

I'm cutting it a bit:

"she and her mom should get an oscar for (turning) steve into a wimp ...heck poor guy can't get a pizza..."

My real father had to have a stint put in a year or so ago and I stole that conversation from one I heard he and his loving wife have. Normally my stepmother is a sweet even submissive angel. Now, when it comes to what my father can eat... I believe the US Navy Seals would think twice before they crossed her.

Of course, I also know I've seen my dad sneak a triple bacon cheeseburger with chili cheese fries. I wonder if blackmail is a possibility?

looking4itlooking4itover 18 years ago
I liked it

I think this is a terrific addition to the series of endings the original has inspired. True, there were some rough reading places, however, I've seen much, much worse from those who have English as their primary language. I would agree that if you continue to write in English get someome to read it for you and find those places where you might have some problems. I don't think it hurts anyone to have someone proofread their story. When we read something we have written we have a tendancy to place the missing words there anyway.

One of the best aspects of this story were the ideas about the relationship that are not found in most others using this subject. Sure its lengthy, but I believe it to be well thought out and the length was necessary to get all the nuances out.

Good job. I look forward to your next offering

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
A more than worthy addition

This story is a worthy addition to the best finishes of Patricia 51’s original story. The fact that English is not your native tongue makes it all the more impressive.

This well written ending is further testimony to just how good the almost 2 year old original story is.

Thanks again for all of the effort that went into this very good piece of writing.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Good story

Really liked the story and I was happy to see them back togther.

My only comments/suggestions would be:

- it was a bit bit melodramatic in spots. Some of the dialog and descriptions boardered on being over-the-top imo. Doesnt make the story bad or anything, just thought it might have been better if the language was toned down a bit in places.

- the mother-in-law was pretty calculating. She gave good advice and didnt let her daughter get away with any bullshit but them planning out what to say & how to act sorta cheapened Donna's pleas for forgiveness in my eyes. Made it seem that she was following a script and going through the motions trying to get Steve back instead of acting from the heart because she was so sorry she hurt him (I know its not the case & its not what you intended so I can read it how it seems to be intended though). Just thought their conversation might have been a bit better without what appeared to be planning ways to manipulate Steve into taking Donna back. Might be a realistic thing for them to plan out but its not very romantic and, like I said, it kinda makes her actions after that seem a bit mercenary.

Overall, I thought it was a very good story with believable emotion and behaviour from both sides. The way Donna kept trying to minimize her actions was very good. Steve's initial over-reaction that eventually faded back to normal hurt etc. was also very good.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed your story. Thank you.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Excellent!!

For once a reconciliation story which does not insult the reader’s intelligence!

Carefully written with a lot of attention to details, both for characterizations and as is more rare - for careful detailing of the slow process of change and negotiation individually and as a couple. It shows that you did a serious research into this “minefield” chapter in couples lives called ‘cheating and its aftermath’. You did outstanding work both literary and as a reflection of reality. Yet, not once did you drag the reader into therapy sessions. You kept your story accessible and realistic! By far the best story of this sub genre I have read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent Story!

You provided the full range of emotions that run through these type of situations. The characters were real and intelligent. Both husband and wife proved to be honorable in the end. The wife got it why what she did was a terrible betrayal whereas some stories have the wife saying "it was just sex." That ok if your marriage is a fuck buddy arrangement.

This story was light years ahead of "Rules of Marriage."

Thanks for writing - I look forward to more stories from you.

SleeplessinMD

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Well Done

Enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Excellent

An excellent story. Very well written, unhurried, realistic, intelligent, decent and worthy.

Keep up the good job. Thanks.

louguy35louguy35over 18 years ago
Completed the story!

GREAT! GREAT! This is a case where the story was completed (through the epilogue)and was well written and well executed. All authors should make a very strong effort to complete their stories, such as you did in this one.

VERY WELL DONE!!

Cheers!

LindaWLindaWabout 18 years ago
A few slips - but

As someone with only a basic Ehglish education via the UK state schhol system, I found your command of the English language admirable. I wish I could express myself one tenth as well in a foreign language

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well Done

A very insightful story. Well written and enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The best of the bunch

Joesephus:

My favorite author, Patricia51 stirred up a hornet's nest with "Torn" and "One Slip." What a tribute to an author to make her statement and have so many great authors want to respond. I thought I'd read all of them but somehow I missed yours. I have to say after reading your version of the ending I am impressed. Your ending somehow conveys the human condition and the human response better then the rest. I can fully empathize with Steve in his anger and hurt and Donna in her remorse. It's not going to be cut and dried nor is it going to be pretty as they try to put their lives back together again and you've portrayed the process very well in deed. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Excellent

I thought this storyline was excellent. A good coverage of the damage that infidelity can cause in a marriage. I thought Momma's statement that the pictures hurt worse than thought images was prety accurate.

The description of their lovemaking, when it was her first time, was wonderful. Truly lovemaking!

There were omissions in the sentencing but nothing one couldn't fill in. The only thing that bothered me was a sentence that I couldn't grasp the meaning of regardless of how I changed the words:

"Once there she had there, she'd been a bit disappointed as he'd eased himself into her."

I just don't know what the author intended to say. Not that it really detracted from the story---just a blip.

But a great ending to Patricia51's story. Hope you continue to write for this site!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Real image

This is a wonderful story. It is a real reflection of the pain and hurt in a cheating spouse situation. The suffering that devastated the individual also touches the children. It is so important the young ones are spared from this pain. The author has captured the real situation faced by such a family. Dashes of sex done in a wonderful manner also addded to the attractiveness of this story.

My salute to you for such a story. I shall be waiting and reading all your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
wow

very well written story that took the hardest path in forgiveness but most rewarding in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wonderful

The emotional roller coster of the pain in the husband and later the wife were clearly written and discribed. The journey to correct this painful episode was truly projected in the writting. I especially like the part on different types of forgiveness, there is a lesson there for everyone. I enjoyed reading it and applaud you for a well written story. Looking forward to your other submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fucking Wimp

Gil: Nyeah Nyeah I fucked your wife & she loved it!

Steve: We have much better marrage now!

Gil: Nyeah Nyeah I fucked your wife & she loved it!

Steve: We are much stronger.

Gil: Nyeah Nyeah I fucked your wife & she loved it!

Steve: We have gotten past it.

Gil: Nyeah Nyeah I fucked your wife & she loved it!

Steve: I have deluded myself into believing we are much better now.

Gil: Nyeah Nyeah I fucked your wife & she loved it! You stupid looser.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Pots, kettles, calling, and black

Anonymous wrote brilliantly, "<I>You stupid looser</I>". Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, geez, if you're gonna flame the author's work, at least spell your rantings correctly, you <B>loser</B>.

<P>

Enjoyed your ending, Joesephus. Finely written as usual, thank you.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Outstanding

I just discovered your work today. It doesn't get any better than this!

rlohreyrlohreyover 16 years ago
Bravo

Bravo. Nicely done.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You are good

Good story! And better philosophical angle! But still if you tone down your philosophy a little bit it would be much more better read for layman readers like me. Anyways your work is real good! Keep it up!

*******PS. For the guys who consider here the husband is a wimp, I suggest to go through the story once again! Man you guys amaze me!!!!! Don't you have a little brain for understanding or thinking or at least following the story or reading the written words!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Cheap Porn Slut

A well written story that reveals the terrible internal struggle that one spouse faces ( to forgive and live with the pain or reject and walk away ) when betrayed by the "inexcusable" actions of the other. This reader clearly agrees with Donna when she said everyman would look at her as a "cheap porn slut" if the evidence was shown to the public in a law suit. In truth, she is a "CHEAT and a SLUT" and that is where the story falters because she does "get off" lightly when compared to the pain her husband must endure.

I would suggest that the writer wants his readers to feel for Donna and to feel that she suffers significantly because of her actions ... and unfortunately there are those who will agree with the writers point of view that she has been shamed enough. Instead, I would encourage a alternative ending that forces her to face her sins and receive a punishment that is more lasting and equal to her sins! If the writer( and readers ) want to feel for someone then let it be Steve. For he is the one that must carry the burden for both of them in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
None of this would have happened if the entire

group had not thought that Drinking was an accepted part of life. It's not. Alchol is for medicinal purposes just like marajuana is. Alchol lowers the inibitions so that the thoughts and desires of a sexual predator like Gil can over ride the natural defenses that the mind has to keep others wants and desires from becoming mours. Mental telepathy is real and many wives have to say over and over ad nauseum that they didn't really know why they did it. Laugh if you want to but if you think about it you will know that it's true nyminus@yahoo.com

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelalmost 15 years ago
2 thumbs up for CHOICES

RIP brotha. Sorry you're no longer around to write more. This is one of the best stories about reconciliation I've read, because it's true to life. Genuine forgiveness, instead of self-delusion or self-denial, doesn't take away the crime and it doesn't take away the pain. However, life can go on if there is true repentance and true forgiveness. Both CHOICES accept the possibility of a lifetime of pain and guilt, which makes punishment a part of life. This is how it really is and this is how it should be. Life is tough. It isn't always going to be champagne and roses. CHOOSING to accept responsibility the way that this couple does is the only way to really live well afterward. It doesn't necessarily mean that they'll stay together of course. Just like if one slips and never tells, but has to live with the guilt forever. It's a choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

A bit long, but it still retained my interest. The bit about 'Eve' took the shine away.

mwoody2950mwoody2950about 14 years ago
Spin quite a yarn

The story was done quite well. Way too long, too much fluff and exagerating the obvious. I love reading these types of stories and seldom if ever side with the cheater. I found myself for maybe the first time siding with the wife and felt she had reason to leave her husband. You made the husbands side way over the top to the point of unfair. Once a rational person such as the wife had given her all to restore the marriage and the stupid husband having all the "true facts" can't figure out it was basically a sad and dumb mistake. You actually made the husband look like an idiot. In this story you turned the wife into a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Story

Awesome story can't wait to read more

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
It is very difficult for me to deal with accolades and superlatives.

But this is just beyond words. A work of a pure Genius ! It is with great sadness and tremendous sense of loss to learn of this Author demise.

What an unbelievable loss to the literary world. But ,Josephus,you will always live in your creations.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Ridiculous

After I read that Bill snarled at her and called her a slut I stopped reading and rated it 1*. That wouldn't happen and such rage is unacceptable to me and I had read all that story I could take.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The unrealism of realism

I'm a writer of stories and a connoisseur of stories. What I've learned in my years is bad stories have some good writing in them, and good stories have some bad writing in them. No story is perfect by every standard, thus no single story can satisfy every whim.

This particular author -may he rest in peace- wrote not of the events themselves as much as the build up to the emotional turmoil the events precipitated. How the antagonists and protagonists think and react to themselves and each other under such trying conditions. It's an exploration of the human condition under extreme stress. Although, no one can predict the reactions and actions of persons under an emotional strain, a decent author can use real-life experiences (theirs or others) as the models for their characters own emotional development.

Unlike fictional portrayals, real-life relationships are messy and constantly trying. They're a non-ending work and it isn't unusual to have lingering long-term resentment caused by slightest provocation and not always from a cheating spouse. The majority of men are not the stoic, macho, and ruthlessly thinking dynamos depicted, and women are not the conniving, lying, cheating sluts that men write and some women create. People are people and human at that, meaning our responses will vary by the degree and immediacy of change based on our "in the moment" attitude and emotional/spiritual experience with the dynamics of life.

When someone criticizes another's work as not being realistic or too far out there, I wonder what sort of standards these critics use to justify their claims. I don't know what someone might say or do or not say or do, under sudden and unexpected stress, until after the fact. Unless there is a prior history of reaction -something like what a veteran combat soldier might have- everything is a question mark. And we call it drama.

The best drama, at least in the movie industry, is where emotions run high and the level of deeds far exceed the cause of them. In writing its much the same, only as writers we can focus on developing a character more fully and have the reader get better insight as to how the characters feel and why they react as they do. Sure, at times we tend to get carried away and end up over the top. A good writer will temper reactions by limiting the actions, however, while expressing the feeling, the thoughts, the words and the attitudes that cheating spouses elicit. Is that unrealistic?

rvwsrvwsover 12 years ago
I am not a writer..

Nor am I a critic. I am however a reader. If I like a story and it is real enough to keep my intrest by sparking my emoyions, I will finish it to the end. Not only did I finish it, I cried, I felt anger, betrayal and empathy for Steve and Donna. This is a great, great story. The events seem real enough to me.

TreyboTreyboover 12 years ago
Undecided

Very good story. And definitely a good ending. Undecided on how I would have handled the same situation. But lets see: lawsuit-check, seperate rooms-check, seperation- abso'fuckin'lutely, divorce-most likely, and finally made to feel like the lowest life-form on the planet on both sides of the story-damn right I do and so should she(just for the rest of her life).

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One of the best

The only author whose spelling errors do not, for me, detract from the story. Wish he was still around, RIP Joesephus, Lit lost a rising star, now shitbirds like DWipshit run the joint, sigh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWormcock is so stupid

she got run over by a parked car

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
cuckold

once the cheat - they get the fucking boot. who the hell wants a mate that you have to worry about and spend thousands of dollars to "fix" the marriage the other fucked up. it will never be fixed. unlike marriage cheating is really forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
one of the best

RIP Joesephus, you are missed. Category is full of illiterate closet cucks now so your excellent writing would probably be wasted on the lowbrows who serial comment in this category now.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Great Story.

The only 'flaw' is that the personality of Donna doesn't really fit her personality in the original story: The Donna from Josephus story could have never cheated the way she did in the original. Maybe if it were somehow blackmail related or drug induced but not like that.

Also a little thing that bothered me was that she said she knew he always wanted anal from her but she never gave in. But we later learned that she was willing to do it when the stakes were high enough. Sorry but in my book, if your spouse really wants something and you have the means to give it to them thats more than reason enough to do just that. To hold it back as a bargaining chip in case you fuck up someday really doesn't sound all that much like true love.

al18al18over 11 years ago
You had a brain cramp!

The guy must be on drugs to accept Donna(whore&slut) back into his life.

Well, some guys like to be cucks like the author - fuck you piece of shit

JoesephusJoesephusover 11 years agoAuthor
I'm glad Joesephus didn't have to see...

Al18's comment. He always responded to ignorant morons... Wait al18's IQ wouldn't be high enough to be a moron, with kindness and grace. I mean al18 missed the point of the story then showed his "class" by impuning a dead man. How tasteless is that.

Jonnyrebel82 NOT Joesephus!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The main function of the LW comments section...

... nowadays is to allow sick little men a venue in which to air their fantasies of blood and death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nothing funnier than self righteous cucks

I love the indignant chest pounding of the cuck rationalizers. It is almost as funny as when people claim some dude dying in a car accident is better than having read people pointing out that the wonderful marriage tale is nothing but a cover for their own deep, dark cuck obsession. How hot! Wife cucks his ass but then apologizes so the cucky boys get their cake and eat it to. It is kind of sick but fun to read you guys defend this stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Jesus, see the world outside of your fetish for once

To the previous commenter, seriously dude, the world isn't made of Cuck's and Bulls. Also, I don't know of a single woman who gets off on cucking that would have put up with the shit this character had too to earn back her husband's trust.

Good story, though admittedly I skipped over the majority of it.

OLDEDOLDEDabout 11 years ago
Why is it

most of the BS comments come from the anonymous posters?.

Unless you have been in Steves shoes, you have no right to make your assnine comments. this writer has a way of bringing out the feelings hidden in all of.

I know of which he speaks

ED

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Horsecrap

I've always said for the last 40 years, once a cheater always a cheater. That never changes.

Steve should have stayed married to Donna, made her stay in the guest room for as long as she wanted to stay. But never ever lay a hand on her sexually again. That should have been her penance. No sex for her, ever again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story

The story follows through and explained how Steve reasoned his actions. Also, he didnt wimp out. He went directly to the source of the problem and dealt with it like real guy. I hate a story where the guy finds out, watches, whacks-off and then tip-toes out the back door and then politely lets them finish while he crys his eyes out.

Good story, good characters and a reasonable conclusion. Look forward to your next.

HardFeltHardFeltalmost 11 years ago
Love is Forgiveness But ...

Five stars. I wish all cheaters could 'grow' the way the author depicted the characters here. From personal experience I know that the statement of 'once a cheater always a cheater' is VERY true. Can a cheater repent? Sure the problem is how often are you willing to let them repent?

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
Bullshit

The story breaks down in one main regard..no cheating woman has ever regretted cheating or shown remorse for cheating in any way..point to one, anyone? anyone? this just does not happen, and as per weak writer status quo "mom" knows best and all about men and how to trick them(lie)..yeah thats actually true old sluts seems to know all the tricks..note wife a slut,you can bet her mom is a cheating bitch they seem to breed them..and yes if you daughters a cheating slut...well that most likely means her mom is one two an get a DNA test done.This is a weak story all pro female..blah blah blah..sorry...blah blah blah im a wimp and afraid all is forgiven... cant happen, 21st century woman has no concept of remorse or regret and redemption forget about it, and she holds him hostage to heart attack and kids to infest his good heart again..wow guard thanks for sucking my dick and letting me feel like a man again i am so beholden to you..your my hero... thats the plot. A Nazi ,KKK or flesh eating bacteria are more honest than this bitch, if he was not physically weakened could the writer have written them back together?..No the stories not good enough for that that is what makes it shitty and weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"Lighten up, Francis"

Stop smoking cocks for a minute monkcalm, your cuckoldry is showing. Your incoherent rant exposes your single digit IQ and lack of male genitalia. This was a talented author and the site is poorer due to his tragic demise.

RIP Joesephus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One Word

Bull!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just another cuckold wimp story in the sequel.

All the endings have good ole Steve as a candy ass wimp. So, a "1" for being a gutless author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good, bad and ugly

You've put an amazing level of emotional depth into this story that the original never possessed and I'm rating you top stars for that alone. Not one of the other One Slip rewrite has bothered to do that, and neither do the majority of the authors in this genre, excepting a few of the more well-known ones.

That said, a few things really irked me here - the lack of resolution on Gil for starters. Steve talked a big game about punishing the entire company for benefiting from Gil's pimping of the employee's and rightly so... then he promptly settles for nothing more than a little 7 figure settlement with no impact on the larger company despite the fact that its profit margin is based off of ongoing blackmail of its employees.

Granted, they're not the only one that got off soft - Steve's actions in pulling a gun on him to force a confession is still incredibly illegal for a number of reasons, and it really doesn't matter whether Gil phrases it as "of his own free will": the gun makes that claim a lie, and Steve was dumb enough to tape what he was doing. It balances out as a wash, and I'm not going to complain much about that. Probably overlooked as people really don't seem to think about the legal consequences of some of the revenges they want to write their characters getting away with. Given that there aren't really any lawyers on here and it boils down to google-savvy, it can be overlooked when it's not too blatant.

The one I really want to hate is Donna, and not for the cheating. Any woman who is willing to abandon her kids and emotionally destroy them just to "make up" with her husband is a bitch. The relationship between mother and children and the relationship between wife and husband may overlap, but they are independent of each other; the children should never be punished for the failures of mom or dad. Had they actually gone through with it, I'd be pissed at not just Donna but also Steve for having the audacity and sheer hatefulness to punish his kids just to get revenge on his wife. Abandonment is the kind of thing that can and does ruin a person's life. Worse, finding it out to be a lie later destroys a person's ability to trust those closest to them. After all, mom and dad lied to them.

That said, I can excuse it because she was emotionally distraught (again, great writing) and treating the relationship between her and her kids and her and her husband as something that needs to be chosen between, and Steve never seriously considered it. Irritations, but minor irritations. A heart-filled story that is nothing like the ugly little original, and one where there's enough emotional content to make the reconciliation feel reasonable. Great stuff.

On a side note, ignore the anti-cuck brigade. Anything less than murder, mutilation, gang-rape, prostitution, sexual slavery or other equally foul over-the-top behavior makes the man a cuck in the eyes of most of these people. They forget that a man who engages in those sorts of behaviors isn't really a man but an animal.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
This writer did more than well -

For the BTB crowd - get a grip -

You may not believe that a person can be what he has described - fine - she is what he makes her in his world in this story so get the fuck over it d00ds.

If a person cannot go through that much inner pain (not talk it but walk the walk as he portrayed), bare their soul the way she has, accept the consequences she is prepared to accept and not have earned some level of compassion - well fuck off.

The idea that no human is capable of learning from their stupidity is more stupid than is possible. We are a flawed creature - there is NO evidence she was hunting dick or ever had - there is NO evidence the marriage had any fundamental flaw - she fucked up - she did it in one of the worst possible ways. We enter with her preparing to end it all and she follows through on that intent - she did not cave in to her base desires or fall for his line again or let him manipulate her or anything else. She stood up said no way - fuck you get put of dodge - I am telling Steve and you better run.

What's more every follow up i read sees her as doing exactly what she said she would do - tell her husband and help hang Gil by his balls.

Then here she gives up all sense of control or self need to work for him and his health and is willing to "die" for them - if that isn't enough - hell whatever -

The writer is not here anymore we all lose by not having more of his writing whether we agree with his outcomes all the time or not -

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Hmmm....

After reading Patty's tale first, then this one, I could see how Asshole might have drugged Wifey. She admitted in the first one that she didn't know exactly how it happened, and that could be because of a date rape drug. It was sufficiently vague enough to qualify.

In a low enough dose, most date rape drugs have been shown to lower inhibitions completely while giving the person drugged some awareness of what went on. It would fit Asshole's profile that he would have done that so she knew what she had done without going to the cops for a blood screen afterward. It would make his planned blackmail more effective. Drunk is still no excuse, but if Asshole added a little something extra to her drink, that could have done it.

One thing I love about Patricia51's characters is that they are usually strong and honorable women who don't take bullshit from anyone.

So with that in mind, I'm giving this one 5 Stars.

Jaguar56Jaguar56over 10 years ago
very good

Best believable response to a cheating spouse I've read in a long time.

very well crafted !

Many thanks

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Congruent w/Anon 'G,B,&Ugly'

Sweeties may feel 'one' with Hubbies, and place them Numero Uno in their lives! In most cases, however (and IMO), that drifts in pregnancy and solidifies, after birth, to her defenseless, dependent child taking over the top priority slot. Hubby slips to a distinct 'second banana' priority. Men, again IMO, maintain Sweetie in top priority! More mature (not an age distinction) Hubbies understand the maternal shift - at least intellectually!

Sweetie, in this 'One Slip' extension, seems to NOT follow this pattern (which is NOT posited to be universal!) That is the only major quibble I have with a magnificent continuation! Sweetie's thoughts on the centrality of Hubby were unnecessary to justify her recognition and offer that her removal from the family might be in the best interests of her children!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very rare story...

In the end the cheated spouse accepts reconciliation and I didn't conclude he was an absolute moron. That is very, very rare. Of course, the circumstances were also rare. The wife cheated once, without planning, intent, malice or overt disrespect. She regretted it and refused to repeat it. She showed genuine remorse, accepted responsibility for her actions and attempted to repair what she did wrong. She took measures to ensure she never repeated her mistake. I find it interesting that the author referred to Dr. Laura; he followed her "Four R's" recipe to the letter.

This is a very rare story in which a cheating spouse actually earned forgiveness. I don't expect to see another like it...

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013about 10 years ago
Best I could give it was a 2

She felt bad and had to go without sex for a few weeks, not much to give up for her cheating. I don't think she planned on telling him until the blackmail threat was made. If she had not been forced to expose her cheating she probably would have done it again. All actions after the heart attack were guided by her mother and not her own doing so how can she be trusted. Her excuses were all lame, if her husband could not attend the party why the hell was she there alone. She admitted that she was planning to drive home but she got drunk anyway. Going outside for fresh air does not sober you up it just makes you a wide awake drunk. It seems her problem was that she didn't think things through and it got her into trouble. He should have made her tell the whole family about the affair, made her move out and then let her try win him back after a year by herself to reflecting on her actions. Of course if she even spent anytime with a man alone they would get divorced immediately.

PTraumPTraumabout 10 years ago
I don't know how it happened but it'll never happen again!

ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE CALLED BULLSH!T ON THAT LINE!!!

That all by itself won the 4, provided there wasn't too much else wrong, and there wasn't. Well written, good character development, enough "revenge" and characters making decisions and having conversations in their head that either I've made (or had, respectively) or know someone who has.

Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
He would have been better off divorcing her

At the end of the day you can sugar coat it by making horrible things happen to try to make a cheating wife look better. But, with a real woman he would not have had a cheater as a wife and she (a real wife) still would have been there for him. The moral is: If you married a cheater, you are better off without her. So what if her infidelity is "regretted" and she "tries to make things right", the world would be better off with such woman buried under a tombstone (and the same with guys too)

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 9 years ago
The Mother-In-law

The scene with her ruined it for me. It killed any type of legitimate sincerity that I felt Donna may hold. I also didn't agree with the Love dies out like Fire without fuel thing. I believe it varies from person to person when betrayed. It also felt like Donna just took advantage of the fact that the husband just had a heart attack, so she used that to worm her way into his defenses when he was weak. And last but not least the Mother told Donna to go to the husbands room and be there to show that she held her vows in high regard when she broke them? Donna had the characteristics of a wife that deserved reconciliation, but the way the hospital scene panned out made her attempts and efforts seem rather moot. 2/5

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Sounded familiar

With Donna in the hospital and her talk with her momma, I was reminded of Scarlet O'Hara in Gone with the Wind, in dealing with Rhett Butler leaving her.

vikingprincevikingprinceover 9 years ago
Well done!

I would have given you 3 stars just for knowing that the correct phase is Parthian shot NOT parting shot! Well thought out, well-conceived and well written.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Yes, well thought out, but...

I can't really put my finger on what kept me from giving this a 5. Maybe "stilted" is the word. The author seemed to use big words when they weren't necessary. I agree with the reconciliation, but we could have gotten there with the old "will your life be better with her in it or with her out of it?" Additionally, the story needed at least one more good proofreading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Uneven Tone

The first part of the story seemed to have some sub rosa black comedic tone to it. Really? Your pristine one-man woman drags her pussy through the gutter and you're bringing in some Marx brothers slapstick?

Anyway, Supergranny showing up didn't really help too much either. How the hell does granny know all those "after the cheating" recipes for healing?...with the necessary psychological technique and sex advice thrown in? Why didn't she add "how to remove his stent with a fingernail clipper, popsicle stick and some duct tape" ?

It's all just a lotta too pat. And the reconciliation is about 95% predictable as well.

I am impressed how so many of these cheaterbitches suddenly come up with these remarkably detailed analyses of their cheats. I mean sheeeeit, dawg, the bitch wouldn'ta cheated in the first place if she knew all that shit goin' in!!

This cheat caper is designed to be the easiest to forgive. I think it would have been better if the tape had her twirlin' on some epic frankendick instead...while she belts out a high "C" and squirts all over the ceiling. If that were the case I think hubby would be going to Plan D instead. For realZ.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
10 years later and it is still stiring up the mob

pitchforks and torches lead the way.

Patricia 51's little exercise prompted many authors to respond. They are all different, some better than others, but that is an interpretation based on my own take, others would differ with me.

imho this is one of the better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Powerful

Congrats. Good story. Four out of five. Very emotionally powerful. One criticism, hopefully constructive. I would have liked to have seen their sexual reconciliation rather than have it in the epilogue as something that happened in the past. Reclaiming sex is very powerful. Also there were a couple of minor typos. But overall a very good story of which the author should be proud. Cheers Steve

jesemmojesemmoalmost 9 years ago
Good Story

The greatest source of divorce is infidelity. When one accepts responsibility and doesn't blame someone else for their behavior they've come to the point in life of growing up and maturing. I don't approve of her allowing something like this to happen, but I respect her for standing up no matter what the cost. Good story with a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
PUSSY

I guess he learned to enjoy cum-tinies.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Interesting

Just one of many conclusions, this shows the extreme measures taken for a reconciliation. Although it was only one time, who's to say if she wasn't being blackmailed she could have just continued the one timer to a full blown affair. Just another way to complete this tale. Still a great read from a great author. RIP

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Almost

A little public humiliation for the whole family? I don't think that is in the best interests of the children even if dad feels a need for revenge. her comment, "we might need professional help, charge the bastards for that too" is a little bizarre too, the company may have benefited from the blackmail, but did they know about it? Or was it all Gill? Strange having a slut call a business "bastards". They were probably working men like her husband.

Revenge is useless and a lie. It does not get you what you really want. It is a poor substitute. What he wanted was his old life back, and that would never be. She had ruined that by her selfish behavior and self serving, self deceiving lies. She had a good marriage, she was not looking to get out, she cheated because she could and it gave her ego a big orgasm to fuck her husbands friend - POWER. Then when he flipped the whole power thing around on her, she folded like a stupid bitch. She should have called his bluff, he had almost as much as she did to lose. He would not have told his friend that he fucked his wife. He was married too. She is one dumb, selfish, bitch.

The JUST course of action, would have been to get a discreet divorce giving Steve everything including full custody of the kids, getting a written agreement protecting Steve's assets and then staying together for the kids sake. Then without the pressure of a potential beating from the "family court justice system" Steve might have been able to work on his relationship with his stupid, bitch wife. If she really loved him, and she really believed that he loved her - this would have been the smart move.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
WHEN EVER ONE HAS A SLIP

the fall is going to be very hard and painful for all. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
My only

"complaint" = when Steve told her that he wanted to move far away and wanted her to go too, I would have expected more emotion. Instead, the author had her calm and her dialogue bordered on philosophical.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hmmm

Well, looky here. The Wimp/Cuckold wannabes and the RAAC crowd love this story.

I guess loving a cheating slut is normal for some and their exceptional intestinal fortitude allows them to even use mirrors without being sick.

I'm just not one of them. A cheat is a cheat, leopards don't change their spots, tigers don't change their stripes and creampie eaters...well you get the picture.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

“He couldn't believe that Donna was destroying him, she'd always been a friend.” – WTF? Yes, a “friend” that you had cheat on her husband (also a friend!), and then tried to blackmail! And now you’re shocked that she would retaliate and try to destroy you?!

One thought I've expressed elsewhere regarding forgiveness, is that what if you left your wife, then got involved with another woman who had cheated. If you could find it in you to trust HER, even though she had cheated, then why couldn't you also find it in you to trust your ex?

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Really

When you read about the years of a miserable marriage following her cheating, how can you say it was worth it? It may have been worth it to keep the family together for the kids sake. It may have been worth it to protect his finances. Having to go through the shit she put him through - absolutely not worth it. That is the biggest flaw in reconciliation stories, it is simply not worth really reconciling with a cheater. Sure, you can stay together for all kinds of reasons, but only a fool would trust them again. Nope, stay, raise kids, carefully plan for your divorce, and fuck around if you want - she already killed fidelity clause of the marriage. Then when the youngest kid graduates, give her a graduation present as she has come to the end of the dead marriage that she killed all those years before.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Sugna, are you working your way through the LW archives?

You seem to be on a campaign to discover more of those 'cheating' wives that you have decided to upset yourself about.

Do you comment in any story category other than Loving Wives? I haven't seen any comment by you in categories such as Romance or First Time which can have some truly sweet and cute stories. It could help you calm down a little to widen your interest beyond those dreadful wives who don't behave themselves as you believe they should.

L

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Whores should not get

happy endings. Steve deserves so much better

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Actually I thought this was a pretty good story

My own personal problem is that I can never get my head around the term "slip" or "mistake". It is always a choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a Crock!

It would of been so much easier if he would of just divorced her and started over someplace else(of course without the cheating bitch and her minions giving him their two cents worth of shit).

Pappy7Pappy7about 7 years ago
@sbrooks,

there truly is a difference between "having cheated" and "having cheated on me" and I think that would be why Steve could forgive someone new and not forgive his wife. Fairly good response to Patricia51's story. I am not sure that all of what he went through was worth it but that would be for him to decide, not me. Well written, I think, and too bad that we lost this one.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Sorry that you aren't still posting stories here.

This was a good one. Well written. Realistic. My only quibble was with some of the dialogue. In a couple of places it seemed like the character would have said the same thing a different way, but that could be just me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
If ever

there was a case for reconciliation, it was this case.

VenustasVenustasalmost 7 years ago
Cheaters

To all of you who are so bitter about cheating that you are not thinking straight due to being so full of hate should realise that everybody in any relationship is a potential cheater given the right circumstances, even yourselves. Let go and move on and find yourself a new potential cheater!

Heed this quote,

"You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one."

Also there is no truth in the statement

"Once a cheater always a cheater", no matter how many times it is repeated. Trust is an entirely different matter.

Most people do not intend to cheat drift into it without thinking or are manipulated into doing so. In fact someone who was tricked is less likely to be tricked again as the experience would make them more aware of the dangers. As in this story which I gave a 5.

@MaFrepler: the authors bio states he died 10/28/2007 @ age 25

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
well written but..

i disagree with him keeping her.just can't swallow her doing it. i was drunk don't get you outta trouble if you shoot someone, same thing applies here in my 2cent opinion.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Yuk

Don't mind the reconciliation but his thought process about a stupid lying cheating cunt were pathetic.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
It was a good story

She did tell her mother that she wanted him..Gil...but she didn't tell that to Steve so in my eyes it was still a lie by silence or omission. But she did say she was horny but mitigated it by saying she trusted Gil...still that's not quite the same thing.

One does have to forgive but one never forgets. I suppose that repair and reconciliation is possible. Not sure I could do it tho. I really hate it when some one says it was a slip or a mistake. Other than rape it is always a choice. I'm sure some would argue that point, especially women but perhaps not.

Ok..all that said...I believe I have read this story, much abbreviated by another poster tho I can't remember who but think it plagiarism. The names and story line were the same but not as fleshed out as this version...which I liked better, hence I believe this to be the original writing. Since apparently Joesephus is no longer among the living, I am sorry to hear that. Fine writer. And if my thinking or memory of plagiarism is correct then shame on that person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
HALF WAY THROUGH PAGE 2.....

The guy who writes all these stories is hung up on the same asinine concepts the mother and Donna are going over, the husband can get over seeing another man. Fucking his wife if she feels remorse and promises to make it up. how the hell are you going to make up for the mental image of another man's dick in your wife?

What a load of horseshit. I really hope you're not trying to set up some unrealistic RAAC bullshit cause I just won't be able to stomach it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous