All Comments on 'Once More Through the Wardrobe Door'

by English Lady

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Perfect!

The characterization and language are perfect! You must have read the series :) This is a wonderfully poetic ending to a childhood dream. Lovely!

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Vivid

Complex imagery well conveyed and told. Well done EL

Unsung MuseUnsung Museover 18 years ago
Lovely!

Wonderful job... a much deserved 5

~ I really enjoyed this EL!!

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 18 years ago
Congrats

Wow, I didn't think you could do better than your other holiday submission but I have to say you surpassed yourself with this one.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Wow, EL...

Now you've really whetted my appetite for the upcoming Narnia movie! While I was saddened by the tragic ending, I thought that it was very creative of you to have them return to the world that they loved so much. Wonderful job, and good luck to you.

sacksackover 18 years ago
this was so fascinating.....

very well written, with an unusual ending. Both your contest stories are wonderful!

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 18 years ago
Nice one

Lovely story, EL. I guess I will have to read the original now. LOL

Good luck.

Black Tulip

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
A strange

story, with a surprise ending. I have not read any of the Narnia books or seen the movie, and I suppose now I must.

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Surprise ending...

I'm not familiar with the series but I am familiar with your writing. You did well EL! Good luck!

Cookie :)

Stella_OmegaStella_Omegaover 18 years ago
Lump in my throat

E.L. sweetie, you did a lovely piece of work with this story. What a nice way to start the morning!

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
This one's a keeper, EL

I'll be happy if someday I write a paragraph that's almost this good.

"To remind you of the battle. To remind you of where you came from, where you belong and where you always shall be. To remind you of your younger days, your accepting days, the days of adventure and crusade. To remind you of your friends, your good friends and to remind you of who you are."

Congratulations, EL. That cinched you a five-bomb.

Rumple

backnumberbacknumberabout 18 years ago
death in Narnia

Interesting take, but C S Lewis ended his series with a train smash in which 3 of the 4 children by then somewhat grown up died or as he put it 'term is over the holidays have begun'.

Didnt really expect to see a Narnia take here, but well done and thank you.

BibliodrakBibliodrakabout 18 years ago
Different, but worthy of C.S. Lewis's stories

You may have changed who forgot and differed on how they died, but you kept the characters and wrote beautifully. I dare to say that even Mr. Lewis himself would be pleased with your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Job!

This story was wonderful! So heartfelt, and a sad but wonderful ending. Great. Job!!!

bearbulk93bearbulk935 months ago

A real challenge to do this Aslan would be proud of you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous