Of the People

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,280 Followers

The villagers immediately sprang into a frenzy of activity, preparing their defenses. Hawk took Nathifa's hand, and said, "I thank you, Firetop. I seek your forgiveness for my words, as I lay dying. I would never have bared my thoughts so, were not my life slipping away."

Nathifa's lip quivered, and then she smiled, "I love you too, Sees With a Hawk's Eye."

"I had not dared hope," Hawk said softly. "I go to battle, knowing what awaits me now. The black ones will not stand before me, with the strength of your love and blessing filling my heart." They kissed, Nathifa's body melting into his, as she released the final restraints upon her bottled up feelings.

"I must go."

"Be careful. Be strong," Nathifa whispered.

()o~~~~***~~~~o()

Nathifa breathed a sigh of relief a few hours later, when both the scouts and the medicine man cautioned that today was not the day to lead the attack. The dark ones were still gathering, and there appeared to be some friction between two factions within the growing group.

The Chieftain favored not taking the offensive at all, but rather defending their village only if attacked. After a short meditation, the medicine man agreed, saying, "The blessing of the Great Spirit is upon our village. It is here where we are strongest, and here we should stay."

Hawk asked, "What of our women, and children?"

The Chieftain's old wife stepped forward. "The scouts say there are many of the dark ones, all about us. Where are we to run, or to hide? If you seek them out to make war upon them, some may come amongst us when we are undefended. We are not does, but she-wolves, and we will protect our dens."

"We defend our village. In the face of our blessing, and our Braves, those who dwell outside the light cannot win," the Chieftain announced. "Some will watch in the night, and Braves will watch the dark ones, to warn us of their actions. All must be wary, and none should sleep deep. Those who dwell outside the light will use the darkness."

"They will come this night," the medicine man prophesied.

Hawk shouted, "And we shall send them back into the darkness that spawned them!" He then raised his tomahawk and let out a war whoop. The other braves took up the cry, and then everyone returned to making preparations.

Touching the ring, Nathifa could sense that Laresa was yet unable to leave her home. Having been a Djinn herself, and knowing Laresa well, Nathifa could sense when the genie was strong enough to emerge from the ring.

Nathifa wished with all her might that Laresa's strength returned before the dark ones attacked.

()o~~~~***~~~~o()

The scouts returned as the sun sank below the horizon. The enemy was preparing to attack. The people gathered, the women, children, and aged in the center of their painted Braves. Women gave charms to their men, to give them strength, protection, and bravery in battle. Nathifa approached Hawk, removing her bracelet. It was obvious that the item possessed power, because it had healed Hawk and Fleetfoot.

"Take this, to protect you in battle."

Fastening the bracelet on his arm, Hawk held it up and remarked with wonder, "I feel the power of your gift. The blessing of the Great Spirit fills me. Surely none may stand against me, Firetop."

"Fight well, and return to me," Nathifa said softly.

A cry of challenge erupted from the darkness. They were coming.

The village answered the challenge, the defiant screams of the women, and shrill cries of the children no less powerful than the mighty roars of the Braves.

"Flee into the grass like the rabbit — now — if you would live," growled a man whose face was painted with black into a terrifying mask. He approached, others emerging from the gloom behind him, all with weapons raised.

Nathifa touched the ring she wore, her heart soaring when she could feel Laresa's strength. Laresa, we need you!

Feeling the pull of Nathifa's call, as well as her worry, Laresa emerged from the ring, her power preventing those around them from being alarmed, or realizing that she had simply coalesced from the vapors right in front of them. As far as the others in the village would remember, she was with them all the time.

Seeing what was going on, Laresa thought to Nathifa, I will aid the Braves. All will be well. Concentrating, Laresa used her power to make all of the villagers impervious to the weapons of their enemies.

"The blessing of the Great Spirit is upon our people. Flee now, as you would have us do. Only death awaits you here," Hawk shouted out, and then whooped again in challenge, the rest of the village joining in his cry.

"It is you who will die this day. Your food and your women will be ours," the dark-painted man countered when the cry died down. He then offered his own challenge, the sounds of his men taking it up emerging from the darkness. He chopped his hand downward, and his warriors started forward. At the same time, the sound of bowstrings twanging echoed through the night.

The charge of the dark ones faltered when they saw black-feathered shafts shattering against the bodies and horsehide shields of the village Braves. The Braves were no less startled by the occurrence, but believed it to be part of their blessing. Thus, they remained steadfast and ready.

Hawk stood staring, feeling power flowing through him. He dropped his tomahawk to the earth. "The Spirit is with us. Now you shall see the Great Spirit's power!"

Everywhere, mouths dropped open and people moved back involuntarily as the transformation washed over Hawk. Where once stood a man, now there stood a man-sized bird of prey. Spreading his wings, Hawk let out a deafening screech of challenge. His wings beat, and his talons curled as he rose from the earth, screeching again.

Laresa? Nathifa questioned, confused as to what had caused the genie to use this magic.

No less confused than Nathifa, Laresa mentally responded, It is not my power that changed him.

But, how then?

Laresa concentrated. I feel the influence of another, something great, something that is part of this land. I also sense something of you, though. It feels like the touch of your power when you were Djinn.

My bracelet? It healed grave wounds through my touch, and Hawk wears it now.

That must be it. I know little more than you. Perhaps Hawk's words were true, and the Great Spirit that our new people revere has joined with some remaining power in your bracelet to bring this magic.

On the field of battle, the dark ones turned and fled, screaming in terror. Although startled, and wary of the transformed Hawk, the villagers cried out in joy, as the enemy retreated in fear. Hawk screamed a final challenge, and then settled to the ground, clouds of dust rising from beneath his wings. When his talons touched the earth, he blurred back into his human form.

Almost immediately, he turned and walked toward Nathifa. When he reached her, he smiled and removed the bracelet. "Thank you for this blessing, Firetop. Through this, the Great Spirit spoke to me, and showed me the path to this power, to become my totem and drive the dark ones away. I can still hear the whispers of the Great Spirit. It is in the wind rustling through the grasses, and in the crackling of the fires. It is everywhere, and it asks that I commune with it this night. There is something you need as well, to give your soul peace. Seek it this night, and I will seek you out with the dawn."

Taking the bracelet from his hand, Nathifa felt something wash over her. Turning to glance at Laresa, she knew instantly what she needed, in order to find the peace Hawk had mentioned. "I will, Hawk. I await your coming with the dawn."

()o~~~~***~~~~o()

Examining the bracelet, Laresa remarked, "It is quite surprising. The magic in the bracelet is certainly the magic you possessed as Djinn. It is not so strong, but it is the same. There is something else, though, a magic that feels divine, like the pendant that freed you. I sense many of the things I do for the tribe, such as healing and changing the weather are possible with the magic in your bracelet."

"You should try to go back to your ring wearing it, then. Perhaps you will be freed, as I was."

Laresa fought hard against the excitement trying to consume her. From the moment she first examined the bracelet, that very thought was flitting through her head. She carefully controlled her emotions, not wanting to feel the heart-wrenching pain that had struck her the last time. "I'll try."

Fastening on the bracelet, Laresa attempted to return to her ring. Opening her eyes, she sighed, seeing the familiar cushions. Emerging in the real world once again, she shook her head and handed the bracelet back to Nathifa.

"It is so unfair," Nathifa lamented.

"There must be some other trick to my freedom. I will simply have to search for it." Laresa smiled, changing the subject and attempting to lighten the mood. "It appears that you have finally discovered your feelings for Sees With a Hawk's Eye."

Nathifa blushed and nodded her head. "How did you know?"

"How could I not? You were the only one who could not see it. His sister, Whisper Wind, gave you that bracelet you wear with yours for a reason. It was her blessing; since she is the only family he has living."

"Everyone must be laughing at me," Nathifa sighed.

"Just me," Laresa teased. "No, it was never spoken of, but I could read it in the body language of the people. They knew, and they waited for your love to blossom. A few of the women were upset, but that was because they sought his affection as well. They could see in his eyes that you are the one he desires."

"What of your blessing?"

Moving across the floor of the teepee, Laresa gathered up Nathifa in her arms and said, "Of course you have my blessing."

Laresa's mouth dropped open in a silent gasp as Nathifa's emotions struck her. The mixture of love, slight unease, and intense arousal hit Laresa like a hammer. The shared feelings fanned Laresa's flames as well, and as they pulled away from the hug, their eyes locked.

For long moments, they simply looked into each other's eyes, the sexual energy between them growing ever stronger.

Laresa quietly asked, "Are you sure you want this?"

Nathifa nodded, "I am still uneasy, but it fills my dreams. You showed me such love in your touch, and I wish to show you that same love in return."

Laresa brought her power to bear. "None can enter, and none may hear us. We are alone, with each other, this night. I have longed for your touch, and ached to taste you, Nathifa."

Nathifa reached out, stroking her hand over Laresa's leg, and then moving higher. Laresa drew in a deep breath, as Nathifa's hand continued upward, along the trim line of the genie's waist. Finally, Nathifa caressed Laresa's cheek, softly saying, "So much was forced upon me, to pleasure another woman. I loathed her touch, because she would never give me release. I took no pleasure in her shudders of ecstasy, knowing I would be left wanting. I want to know what it is to feel joy as you reach your peak, arriving there because of my touch."

"I will never leave you wanting, for to do so would leave me wanting as well," Laresa responded in a passionate whisper. She took Nathifa's hand, kissing the back of it softly, and then traced kisses down the other woman's wrist. Tilting her head, Laresa kissed the sensitive underside of Nathifa's wrist, drawing a gasp from her. Smiling and moaning, Laresa started to remove her clothing, revealing her body slowly to Nathifa.

Nathifa helped her friend and lover remove the garments, drinking in the sight of her, and becoming more aroused by the moment. This was far different from any time before, because it was she that desired it. When Laresa sat bare before her, the scent of sandalwood and musk heavy in the air, Nathifa glided her hands over Laresa's taut tummy. The feeling of soft, warm skin beneath her fingers caused Nathifa to shiver, a reaction matched by the woman she touched. Her hands slipped to Laresa's back, her fingers caressing the upper swell of the genie's bottom, and then Nathifa leaned in to kiss the Djinn.

Both women moaned into the kiss, their tongues intertwining in a sensual dance. Nathifa pressed a hand over her sex, the need to be touched overwhelming her. As soon as their lips parted, Laresa tugged gently at Nathifa's clothing, starting to undress her.

Laresa let her hands slide over Nathifa's soft skin as she undressed the auburn-haired woman. Soon, they both sat nude, their hands roaming over each other's bodies, softly touching, just to feel the closeness of doing so.

Nathifa leaned in, kissing Laresa's neck. A powerful shudder rocked the genie's body, and she let her head lean back in ecstasy. Nathifa's lips moved to Laresa's throat, kissing downward slowly, every touch both warming, and chilling Laresa at the same time.

Laresa's fingers stroked Nathifa's hair, as the woman placed her hands on the genie's thighs, continuing to kiss downward, at last reaching Laresa's breasts. Laresa moaned, and her other hand moved to stroke over Nathifa's back. Nathifa kissed the valley between the Djinn's ample globes, and then the upper swell of both in turn.

Laresa raised her head and opened her eyes, watching as Nathifa moved lower, edging toward the pale pink point surmounting Laresa's left breast. Laresa had to fight the urge to pull the other woman hard against her breast, as Nathifa's lips closed over her nipple, kissing the pebbled flesh.

Slipping out her tongue, Nathifa curled it around Laresa's nipple, letting out a little moan as the Djinn gasped. Nathifa's passions rose, wetness gathering in abundance within her, the heady scent of their arousal filling her lungs. Suckling Laresa's nipple between her lips, Nathifa delighted in the feeling of the genie's resulting shiver.

Nathifa's auburn locks tickled Laresa, as the woman moved to engulf the opposite nipple between her warm, soft lips. Quiet murmurs of pleasure bubbled from Laresa, an uncontrollable response to the delightful sensation of Nathifa kissing and suckling her hard nipples. Nathifa leaned forward, silently guiding Laresa to lean back, and the Djinn responded eagerly with a quavering groan of anticipation.

After a final series of kisses across Laresa's firm globes, Nathifa moved lower, alternately kissing and trailing her tongue tip over Laresa's taut tummy. When she reached Laresa's navel, Nathifa slipped her fingers down across the genie's inner thighs, urging Laresa to part them.

"Oh, yes, please," Laresa gasped breathlessly, as Nathifa's head moved lower, kissing just above her mound. Laresa parted her legs, licking her lips when Nathifa looked up into her eyes. The passion and growing hunger Nathifa felt was visible in her expression, and even more obvious when she moved quickly to taste Laresa's sweet nectar a moment later.

Nathifa heard Laresa yelp, as she turned her head slightly sideways, pushing her tongue between the blonde's folds. She curled her tongue, pulling it back coated in Laresa's creamy wetness, and then immediately pushed back in for another taste.

Laresa's breathing quickened. Nathifa's tongue darted in and out of her canal, tickling over her labia with each withdrawal. Laresa watched from between her breasts, which quivered from the strength of her gasping breaths, enraptured by the sight of her red-haired lover lapping her so enthusiastically.

Nathifa slipped into a drifting state of pure ecstasy. The scent and taste of Laresa filled her mind, as she lapped and suckled for more of the flavorful juices, which flowed in abundance over her tongue. The teaching of a cruel Mistress served her well now, as she instinctively built Laresa's pleasure with expert precision.

Laresa's warbling cries of bliss grew ever louder, as Nathifa's probing tongue pushed the Djinn closer to the edge. Her hips rocked rhythmically, and she squeezed her breasts, rubbing fingers over her aching nipples as she neared the point of no return. Tightness built beneath her mound, growing stronger with each passing moment. When Nathifa's lips closed over Laresa's sensitive bud, the pressure suddenly snapped, and Laresa came.

Nathifa could still hear the silver-haired woman's loud scream of release, even though Laresa's thighs were now tightly clamped over her ears. Letting out a muffled moan of delight, Nathifa lapped deep into Laresa's canal, gathering up the torrent of sweet juices released by the genie's orgasm.

Laresa just kept coming, wave after wave of bliss gripping her, setting every inch of her aflame. Her cries of pleasure echoed dimly in her ears, and her wide-open eyes saw nothing before them. At last, she had to jerk her hips away from Nathifa's questing tongue, unable to endure another moment of the intense sensation running through her.

Nathifa licked her lips, stroking Laresa's bottom, as the woman curled up into a ball, hands pressed tightly over her quivering sex. For long moments, Laresa remained tightly curled, trembling and gasping, before her muscles finally relaxed.

Slowly uncurling, Laresa slowly breathed out, "That felt so wonderful. It has been so long. Oh, thank you Nathifa."

"You taste like the sweetest honey, and I feel as though I am about to reach my peak — untouched — just from feeling the pleasure you took from my touch."

Rising slowly, finding her muscles reluctant to obey, Laresa whispered, "You will remain untouched no longer. I hunger for your sweet taste as well."

They both leaned forward, kissing passionately, Laresa continuing to lean as their lips met, pushing Nathifa back to the furs with gentle pressure.

It was closer to dawn than dusk when they drifted off into spent slumber, their bodies intertwined.

()o~~~~***~~~~o()

The meeting between Hawk and Nathifa the next morning sealed their closeness, and their status as mates within the tribe. Hawk's communion with the Great Spirit showed obvious results. Wisdom simply filled him, and it appeared there was little in the world unknown to him. He negotiated peace with the closest tribes, forming a loose coalition that provided protection against the dark ones, and lean seasons. The tribe quickly moved to think of Hawk as their next Chieftain. The current Chief, Talon of the Eagle, steadily moved back from his leadership role, enjoying his latter years as Hawk took on the duties of leading the tribe.

The medicine man made an unprecedented request of Nathifa, establishing that it would be Firetop Bird who would take on his mantle when he passed on. Nathifa learned the secrets of the tribal medicine and rituals quickly, with help from Laresa, and soon the medicine man was able to fade into the background, enjoying his golden years as well. Between the tribal magic, and the miraculous power of her bracelet, Nathifa soon put Laresa out of work, providing mystical assistance to the tribe.

Laresa tried to be happy, to enjoy her time here amongst the people who were her friends and neighbors, but that very closeness proved to be a source of pain. She could never truly be one of the People — as Nathifa now was — because of her limitations as a genie. Much of the time, Laresa was able to enjoy her simple life, but the pain remained, lurking deep in her heart. The most difficult thing was seeing Nathifa swell with child.

She was happy for Nathifa, of course, but Laresa's soul wept, knowing she could not know the joy of motherhood. As Nathifa's time approached, the pain within Laresa grew. Each day, it became more difficult to maintain her outward appearance, to hide the building sorrow eating away at her.

Nathifa's water broke, and Laresa quickly sent Hawk out of the teepee to boil water, in order to get the nervous father out of the way. The birth was easy, aided by Laresa's magic, and tears filled the Djinn's violet eyes as the babe was delivered into her arms.

Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,280 Followers