All Comments on 'National Nude Day'

by Matadore

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Winner Until the Very End

I really liked your essay up until the last couple of paragraphs. The differences between being naked and being nude were right on (although the fundamentalists and right-wingers in Washington have no clue to these distinctions--if it goes against their sensibilities for any reason then it must be smut!) I like the idea of everybody looking the same when they are nude--it's so very true, and very funny in a real sense. For the first time everybody would be equal--just once, and that is something to think about. You got too maudlin about the scars in the end and really threw off the whole atmosphere of the rest of the essay, rendering it a total wash, unfortunately. You had me hooked until then. Nice try, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Make up your mind

I'm nude. But I could get naked if you like. Eloquent words make me so horny. Sarahhh (my password doesn't seem to work at the moment)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
God Bless New Zealand

Im from New Zealand and we do actually have a national nude day. Three of my mates lost there prefectships because of it but it was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What a concept.

I like your idea, but humans have been corrupted for so long that 'Nude Day' would become "Naked Day". And your comment about Alaskans and New Zealanders, shall not go unremarked.

I live in Alaska, and we like warmth as well as anybody, the weather is very warm right now, but we have no dedicated spots for nude sunbathing. Too many airplanes flying our skies, to avoid detection. But, we do enjoy the same things as everyone else, nude or naked.

I DID, enjoy ur article.

Rudy

jasonjaxonjasonjaxonalmost 19 years ago
Ha

You know what, I'm gonna get naked right now and SHOW my scars, I'm damned proud of them all. Thank you, friend, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What is not impossible

Some would think being nude in public impossible, but there are hundreds of examples of this happening around the world every day, and so to them I say its not! Society is all about "expectations", whether we expect to be treated courteously as in a store, civily as on the street, or respectfully as when expressing our opinions. Nude could be an option if it were expected and more people realized, 'who am I to tell him/her what to wear?', 'oh, its a nice day for a nude walk to the corner store. wish I'd though of that?', or 'gee, this guy/girl is brave for getting on their soapbox! and more so for doing it nude!!' - It is only our own inability to answer the question, 'mommy, why is that man/woman naked?' which keeps us encumbered!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous