All Comments on 'Monster'

by Munachi

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
rachlourachlouover 17 years ago
*shudder*

that was seriously creepy! I hope you didn't give yourself too many nightmares writing it... I loved the dream sequences - very evocative and scary. Great story and well worth the wait. Good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Brilliant

It is no secret that I am particularly fond of this author's writing, but this story certainly is one of the best she has written so far. Gripping, unusual and highly inventive imagery, wonderfully written, never letting up for a second - highly erotic in the darkest possible fashion without the need of being explicit, which contributes to the tense, deeply troubling atmosphere that makes it such a unique experience for the reader. Scary in the best sense of the word, twistedly funny in parts - a gem that deserves more than just attention, for this is as good as it gets.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Bad Dreams - scary Doings

This story captured my attention from the first page and I couldn't let go. Such graphic images and word pictures that were at the same time frightening and shocking. What a story! The Writer should really be proud of this one! Terrific Write! Absorbing Read!

TE999TE999over 17 years ago
Stunning!

Deliciously horrific. I'll have nightmares tonight for sure. This reads like a Fellini/George Romero movie collaboration. Good luck in the contest.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 17 years ago
Well Done

I think this may be your best piece of work yet. Your writing was so vivid, and the characters lept from the screen. I was hooked from the first word, well done.

angelicminxangelicminxover 17 years ago
Yikes

I hope you poured all of that out of your head and there's nothing left to torment you.

I agree, I believe this is your best piece yet. I may have been shocked at the length, but the pages flew past and to be any shorter would not have done the story justice.

I didn't quite expect that ending, I have to admit. I was expecting her to commit suicide, or expell him once and for all, or... well, something other than what happened. Not that I'm complaining, not at all.

Very powerful piece. A piece you should be proud of, no matter the end score. Good luck in the contest! ~Minx

Jenny_JacksonJenny_Jacksonover 17 years ago
You creeped my out, Munachi

But you get a five anyway.

damppantiesdamppantiesover 17 years ago
Good God!

You get better with every story I read of yours! This one... it was so compelling that I couldn't stop reading if I tried. I love what your mind's putting out lately. If it's horror that you feel like writing, then you need to do it without thinking too much about it because you're doing an excellent job of scaring people out of their minds.

I loved the dream sequences in this one, and I now know what you meant by being scared of a plant while writing it. That was indeed quite chilling. That bit was beyond excellent.

I'm really impressed.

sacksackover 17 years ago
just wow!

I bow to your ever increasing genius (and writing ability!). Good luck in the contest!

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerover 17 years ago
chilling

An absolutely riveting story, you had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Fantastic story, Munachi.

kbatekbateover 17 years ago
Every one of your stories

Is better than the previous one. It is interesting watching you develop and grow as a writer.

Excellent story - I shall have to read your work in your native tongue someday.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 17 years ago
Woe Is Me

Now I'm going to have bad dreams tonight and there's nobody around to comfort me. :)

But seriously folks, a fine piece of fiction. Good luck in the contest.

Rumple

ElPilaElPilaover 17 years ago
You are brilliant

Well done. I'm proud to be your friend. If I wasn't (unlikely chance) I would still be forced to acknowledge your merits.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous