Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * *

Nicola smiled as he hung the phone. He wondered how Em was going to react to his message. She was such an uptight little...well okay she wasn't little but she was definitely full of inhibitions. He would love to get her to come to his private beach and strip away all those little inhibitions, along with those stuffy clothes that she wore.

"I can't believe you just did that!" Sergio said with a laugh.

"What?" he asked arching his eyebrow at his brother.

"I thought you said that you said that you don't mix business with pleasure!"

"Aw, but I don't. The call is just carefully placed bait. If I don't challenge her, she will stall as long as possible before giving me the information. And the sooner I get the information..."

"The sooner you finish the deal and get the girl?" Sergio finished for him.

* * * * *

Em stood in front of her open closet, staring at it's meager offerings. Sure, she had business suits galore and a few nice dresses, but not a lot in the way of what her mother called hooker clothes. And that was exactly what she wanted to wear for her meeting with Nicola. She wanted to drive him absolutely crazy. She wanted to give

him a peak of what she had but still hold it out of his reach. Her eyes lit on a tan leather skirt and top that Heidi had given her last Halloween along with a joke about her being Zena, the warrior princess. She had worn it only once at the Halloween party that she had thrown at her shop. If the reactions of the men that had attended

were any indication - then the two piece outfit was sure to be right up Mr Nicola's alley. Pulling it from her closet, she fingered the soft supple leather and decided why not? You only live once.

* * * * *

Sergio stuck his head into Nicola's design shop interrupting once again what little progress Nicola had made.

"Is there something you need brother?" Nicola asked irritated at another interruption.

"There is someone here to see you, little brother," he said as he stepped further into the room.

"I'm busy!" Nicola said coolly as he attempted to return to his work.

"Do you really want me to tell Empress Chikowski that you don't have time for her, Nicola?" Sergio asked softly.

Nicola's head flew up and surprise - then pleasure filled his handsome face.

"Hell no. Of course I have time for her," He laid his sheers back down and took off the elegant eyeglass frames that he wore when working with delicate fabric.

"I figured as much. Just don't swallow your tongue when you see her," Sergio warned before shutting the door behind him. Nicola frowned at his brother's choice of words. Why would he swallow his tongue? He had plenty of ideas for his tongue and Empress and none of them had anything to do with swallowing. Well maybe

....he mused as there was a soft knock on his door.

"Come in," he called as fingered the fabric in front of him while still thinking about the way he could use his tongue on her.

"Good afternoon, Nicola. I got your message and I had some errands on this end of town so I decided to drop the list of sizes off instead of calling," Em said as she neared the work table.

"Holy shit!" Nicola growled as he got his first look at her. His cock hardened in a rush. No wonder his brother had told him not to swallow his tongue. Empress looked like every man's fantasy wearing soft leather. He had expected her to have a wonderful figure after he had held her against him earlier but he had never expected her to be a total bombshell in disguise.

"Pardon?" Em asked softly, arching a dark eyebrow at him. If she was pleased by his lapse of manners, she didn't outwardly show it.

"Damn, I am sorry mi bella. I wasn't expecting to see you today and you look wonderful. It must have been quite the errand for you to dress up in such an....attractive outfit," He said as he slowly stood keeping the work table between them. Due to its high surface, he was able to hide the fact that he was highly aroused. He was never more grateful that he had 'special ordered' the cutting table with his height in mind.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your work but it sounded like you were anxious to get started. In fact when you called I was in the process of the setting up your focus group," She walked closer to his work table, her eyes curious.

"It's no problem. In fact I'm working on the design right now. Would you like to take a look at it?" He asked as she stopped next to the table.

* * * * *

"Could I?" she asked a bit breathlessly as she drew in a deep breath filled with the spicy aftershave that he was wearing. If she had thought he looked yummy in the designer suit that he had been wearing the day before, he was mouth-watering in the the faded jeans and soft cotton shirt. When he moved around the desk, she immediately noticed that he was barefoot. It was obvious that he was quite at ease inside this room.

"Of course." He said as he took her hand and guided her to the other side of the room where a silk screen was set up. He moved the screen to one side so she could see the mannequin that it hid. She gazed at the beautiful dress that graced it. It seemed to hug and flow with the mannequin's curves.

"Wow. It's beautiful. It gives the illusion that there is nothing there but still doesn't reveal anything that would get you arrested. What ever made you think of such an idea?" she asked as she extended her hand, instinctively wanting to feel the fabric. She forced her hand to drop before she actually made contact. What

the hell was she doing?

"Go ahead, Em. Touch it," he said huskily beside her.

She slowly did as he bade and nearly moaned aloud at the soft buttery feel of the fabric under her fingertips. Even though she managed not to moan - a soft gasp managed to escape her. Beside her she heard him answering with a growl. Startled she looked over at him. She nearly whimpered when she saw the desire in his eloquent dark eyes.

"It's a very sensuous fabric," she finally managed to say as she jerked her gaze back to the dress.

"Yes, it is," he said as he quickly jerked away from her side and headed back over to his work table. "You said you had the sizes for me?" he said briskly, his tone at odds with the huskiness of his voice.

"Ah, yes," Em said as she reached into her hand bag and pulled out a folded piece of stationery. She walked over and handed it to him. She watched as he picked up a pair of glasses and placed them on his elegant nose. She was taken back but smiled at his gesture.

"I need them for the small work," he explained with a laugh. "I'm just a bit near-sighted."

She watched as he scanned the stationery.

"I hope I got all the measurements that you needed," She said nervously.

He glanced up from the stationery.

"There's only one thing that's missing," he said as he stood and grabbed the soft measuring tape. She squeaked as he approached her with in his hand.

"What did I miss?" she asked backing up.

"Going somewhere?" he taunted as she backed into the closed door.

"Yes. I have an errand..." she trailed off.

"Hmmm, I thought you ran your errand already but none the less, I'll make this quick," he assured her as he stopped a few inches from her.

"What?" she said breathlessly as he slid the measuring tape behind her.

"You forgot your measurements," he said his mouth mere millimeters from hers. She could feel his breath against her parted lips.

"My measurements?"

"Yes. I need them for your dress. Relax," he said as she jerked in response. She gasped as she felt the tape wrap around her waist. She cringed as he pulled it flat against her gently rounded stomach. She flinched as he gazed down at the measuring tape to read the number on it.

"Thirty-one and half," he murmured before sliding the tape down her stomach to her hips. She cringed again as it settled around them. He crouched down and then tightened the tape. She looked down at him as he soothed the tape into place. He glanced up at her with a half smile.

"Forty three even," he said softly before rising up once more. She drew a deep breath as the tape slid back up caressing her sensitive body before it settled on her back.

"Relax, mi bella," he whispered. She nearly moaned as he pulled the tape around her and it caressed her nipples. He looked down and whistled softly as he saw the measurement. "Forty five and three eighths. Impressive, mi bella. And very tempting," he added before slowly releasing the tape. She drew a agged breath as the tape fell away and dragged across her hardened nipples.

* * * * *

Nicola stood at the window of his work room and watched as Em escaped in the yellow cab that had just pulled up. He rubbed the back of his neck and nearly growled in frustration at her hasty retreat. He couldn't finish this soon enough! It had taken all of his willpower not to throw her across his work desk and have his way with her. And if her reaction was any thing to go on, she had been affected just as much as he had been.

He nearly groaned when he heard the quick tap of two knocks, a pause and then three more. Only one person knocked like that. He turned and watched as his brother's wife walked in.

"Hey Rachel," he said as he walked back over to his work table.

"How's my favorite brother-in-law this afternoon?" she asked as she walked over and hopped up on his table.

"Good. You know one of these days, Rach, you are going to end up with a pin stuck in your ass," he commented as he soothed the pattern back out and reached for his pins.

"So how did it go?" she asked him innocently.

"How did what go?" he asked as he deftly pinned the pattern onto the fabric.

"Empress's visit. I know she was here. I saw her get into the elevator," Rachel said as she watched him cut the soft luscious fabric.

"And what makes you think she was here to see me?" he asked casually as he turned the fabric and continued to cut with great precision.

"Look at me, Nicki," she scolded.

Nicola's head shot up.

"How many times do I have to ask you not to call me that?" he grumbled.

"About as many as I've asked you not to call me Rach?" she said dryly. "Now quit avoiding my question. How did it go?"

"Fine, Rach. She stopped by to give me the measurements for the focus group. I will be happy when we get through this. I think she would look stunning in this design", he admitted with a smile.

"So YOU do find her attractive. I told Sergio that you wouldn't be able to resist her!" she exclaimed.

"And you couldn't resist trying to play matchmaker?" he asked as he leaned back and folded his arms across his broad chest.

"No. You haven't had a steady girl-friend in years, Nicola. And that's a shame. Em is a wonderful lady. I know she's not the type that you would normally date - but she has a heart of gold."

"How many times do I have to tell you and Sergio that I don't have a type!"

"Really? Since I've know you, I've only seen you date petite blonds,"

"Come on, Rach! We live in California. I've dated brunettes and red-heads too."

"And the fact that none of them have even come up to your shoulder?"

"I'm a freak of nature! Hardly anyone comes up to my shoulder, shrimp," he said as he surged to his feet and lifted her off the table and carried her squirming body to the door. It wasn't much of challenge. Rachel was five nothing and weighed about a hundred pounds soaking wet with rocks in her pockets. He lifted bolts of cloth that were heavier than Rachel. He stuck his head out the door and yelled for his brother.

Sergio stuck his head out of the office two doors down the hall.

"Come get this woman of yours, Sergio!"

"Well just throw her!" Sergio joked as he stepped out into the hall. It was running joke between the two brothers. If Nicola was a freak at six seven, Sergio wasn't far behind at six five. They had been teasing Rachel about it for months.

"Okay," he said good naturedly as he prepared to toss Rachel.

"Don't you dare!" she squealed as she smacked at him. He smiled devilishly.

"Are you going to let my love life or my 'lack of it' alone?" he asked.

"But...."

"Okay that's it!" he scolded as he launched his petite sister-in-law in an arch down the hall at his brother. Sergio rushed forward and caught his wife. Nicola turned back to his workroom listening to his sister-in-law as she pleaded with his brother. He smiled as he heard the office door slam. Sergio would keep the little matchmaker occupied for the rest of the afternoon.

* * * * *

Two weeks later

Em looked around the room at the women that had gathered for the focus group. She smiled nervously at Heidi. Tonight was the first feedback session on Nicola's design. She squirmed uncomfortably as her body predictably grew moist at even the thought of him. She had made herself scarce after the encounter in his work room.

She had come unbearably close to raping the man.

Heidi came over and stood next to her.

"So what do you think, Em? Are we going to be one of the first shops to carry Nicola's new design or not?"

"I don't know, Heidi," she said honestly as some of her most loyal customers chatted amongst themselves.

"How are you two beautiful ladies tonight?" Nicola asked as he joined them.

"Fine," Em said as one of her customers waved at her. "Excuse me."

* * * * *

Nicola watched as Em scurried away. He turned to Heidi. With Em avoiding him, he had become very friendly with her assistant. She was a pleasant enough young lady but she didn't do a thing for him. He wanted Em and he had decided that he was going to have to have her.

"Still avoiding me, I see," he said as he took a drink from the water bottle that he held in one calloused hand.

"I don't know what has gotten into her lately, Nicola. She's been on pins and needles since this has started," Heidi admitted.

Nicola thought about reassuring her that her boss would soon be in a much mellower mood. He had figured out that Empress was a very private woman and he didn't want to cause any gossip about her to her employees.

"Oh, it's probably just nerves about this. I know she's been wanting to put me in my place," he replied as he screwed the cap back on his bottle.

"She did say something about that." Heidi admitted as they watched Em go around the room and pass out the questionnaires.

"It looks like we're ready to get started. Shall we join them?" Nicola asked as he offered Heidi his arm.

"Lets get this party started." she agreed.

* * * * *

Em drew a deep breath when Nicola stopped to stand next to her. She nearly whimpered as his aftershave teased her nose. She had to get this whole thing under control and herself first!

"Thank you, ladies, for taking the time to come out tonight." Nicola said in a deep voice. "I know I would love to have all rave reviews but that is not the sole purpose for this focus group. I want to hear what is good about my designs but I also want to know what I can do to make them better. Empress was nice enough to give me each of your measurements and the dresses that I made for each of you was made specifically with your measurements in mind. So please feel free to be honest with me. I assure you that I have a thick skin.

So shall we begin?" he finished.

* * * * *

Em drifted from group to group of the ladies. After his opening statement, he had suggested that the ladies break up into groups of four and discuss the questionnaire. So far most of the feedback that she had heard was positive. They loved the style and quality of the design. Nicola did excellent work. There were a few negatives... such as where the women would actually wear the dress. Much like Empress, the women were concerned about the way that the dress displayed their ample bodies. They weren't sure that they would be able to wear the dress in public. And if they were going to spend their hard earned money on it -- was it worth it for just a dress that they would wear only in the privacy of their own home.

"Hey there, mi bella, " Nicola said softly as he walked up behind Em. She shivered a bit as awareness ran down her spine. The man was lethal. He needed to wear bells so he couldn't sneak up on unsuspecting women, she thought.

"Nicola," she replied as she glanced over her shoulder at him.

"So are you ready to model my design?" he asked softly enough that only she could hear him.

"Counting your chickens before they hatch, are we?" she said softly.

"Some of the things you say," he chuckled.

* * * * *

Em shut the door as the last of the women left. She flipped the lock and leaned against it. What a night. She gazed around the room and debated on whether or not to clean up the mess or leave it for the morning. But as tempting as leaving it sounded, her practical Midwest upbringing would not let her. She grabbed the trash bin and started to clean up the mess.

Nicola watched from the shadows as Em carried the trash can around the room and picked up the discarded cups, plates, and napkins. He had told Heidi that he would help Em clean up when she had mentioned earlier that she had to get home before her husband had to leave for work. She had felt guilty about leaving the mess for Em. Walking out of the shadows, he walked over and gathered up a handful of garbage.

"Here, let me help with that," he said, referring to the trash can. Em jumped in surprise.

"Dear God, I swear I'm going to put a bell around your neck, Nicola. You scared me," Em said as she

pressed her hand over her heart.

"Sorry. I promised Heidi I would stay and help. She felt guilty about having to go home," He said as he gathered up the last of the trash. "So what's next?" he asked.

"I need to fold up the chairs and put them back in the closet, along with folding tables." She said.

"Well lets get to it. You look like you are tired, Em. Sooner we get this done the sooner you can go home," he said softly.

"What? no sexual innuendo?" she asked him.

"Hey, I can be a nice guy, Empress. Just don't tell anyone," he joked.

"I'm sure, no one would believe me any way," she retorted.

"Just you wait. Tomorrow all bets are off, Em."

"You're just gloating that you won," Em protested.

"I would like to think we both won, Empress," he said as he carried two of the chairs into the supply closet.

"How do you figure? You aren't the one that is going to be damn near naked."

"Oh, is that the issue? If you wanted me naked all you had to do was say so," he said as he lifted the chairs =

onto the special rack inside of the closet.

"I didn't say that!" she said quickly.

"Oh," he said as he looked over at her knowingly. He knew damn well that she wanted him as much as he

wanted her. This balancing game he had been playing was finally over. And come tomorrow he was going

to start pursuing her.

* * * * *

Em dusted off her hands as she shoved the last chair into the closet.

"Coming through," Nicola said as he carried the final table into the closet. He propped it up against the wall before wiping his forehead on his sleeve. He had gotten quite the workout carrying in the tables. Em had tried to help him but he had shooed her away.

"Thanks for all the help," Em said as she secured the table by shoving the chair rack up against it. In the process she managed to bump up against Nicola who in turn bumped the heavy door. As it started to close, Em tried to catch it.

"Ouch," Nicola said as Em stepped on his foot with her heel.

"Sorry, sorry, catch that door!" she had exclaimed as she tried to get around him.

"What?" he said as he tried to rub his aching foot.

"Damn it!" she exclaimed as it snicked shut.

"What is the problem?" he asked, "we'll just open it again."

"Go ahead," she said frostily.

He scowled at her before reaching over and grabbing the door handle. He frowned as it refused to budge.