All Comments on 'Lost Love'

by damppanties

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
duddle146duddle146over 18 years ago
Wonderful story! Well written.

DP,

You've done it again. I love the way your writing flows so smoothly. You're really a Master Craftslady at work.

Warm regards,

Duddle

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow, so bleak and sad

DP, nothing happy or romantic on this one, just the shattering of two hearts. And in it's blackness there is a kind of cleansing that I hope your friend will see, a way to move on and to make better. Second hand love isn't the best, sometimes just the easiest. Great job.

sailorm72003sailorm72003over 18 years ago
Well Done,

again!

Excellent story, and a wonderful job of showing the emotional turmoil.

S-

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent story of love lost and found again.

I got married very young too and this story reminded me a great deal of my life. It hasd a happy ending too thank God. If it wasn't for my wife I most likely would have been in jail or dead. Great story.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 18 years ago
You Know How I Feel About This Story

I love the way you write, I am glad you have submitted it. You make me feel how she feels. I too hope she finds a measure of happiness in her life.

Brian

drksideofthemoon

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Find it kinda hard to feel this is romantic

Kinda find it hard to feel anything for either one of these character. Both are cheaters and seem to have no problem with it. After being caught once, they continue on. Even with kids. He I guess is the lesser bad of the two in that most of his time is actually with his family and kids and doesn't seem like he's going to be changing that just for her. Still cheating but that at least brings him up a few points. She on the other hand is wanting more of his time, knowing full well he has kids and a wife and she herself has kids and still a husband (even if seperated). If they were really in love they'd have divorced their wife and husband and gotten together. Clearly that hasn't happen and for all her wanting more time with him doesn't seem like she's actually willing to do that cause clearly he isn't. He at least seems to have set a limit on the situaion where as she seems to want her own family, husband on the side and wants more of this guy's time. Both are so wrong it isn't even funny and see nothing romantic about.

Story is more tragic then anything I feel. Not for these two people but for their children, his wife and her husband.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Not Easy

It's not easy to write an aching, tragic love story like this one. If you think of romance as just candy and flowers and sunshine, you are working from a very limited definition. It is first and foremost that powerful, compelling connection that manifests between two passionate people, no matter their life circumstances. I felt for these characters, their longing and pain. You did a great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
heavy

I liked it but then again I didn't. If I were Kath, I never would have rocked the boat with him. She was so lucky to have him,even though it wasn't all the time. I , in a heartbeat, would settle for the man of my dreams on a part-time basis. ANything is better than nothing. I am in love with a man who doesn't know I even exist anylonger but if he were ever to let me be his mistress, I would jump at the chance and I would accept the reality of how much time we could spend together. Wish you would have wrote it with a different ending--her not giving the necklace back and her just accepting what he was capable of giving to her which incidentally, he seemed to give all of himself to her when they were together.

Queen of MarsQueen of Marsover 18 years ago
Gut-wrenching

This story made me cry, which is quite an accomplishment in itself. Should she have forced the issue, asking for more than he could give? Could he have relented, carved a notch out of his life to give her just a little more of himself? Who knows? We all make the choices we feel we have to, agony bubbling in silent screams. This kind of pain leaves an echo resounding in the heart forever. Good job, but I hope now to read one of your stories that features the exact opposite, the pinnacle of happiness and fulfillment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Romance and Loving wives 2 yrs later

I really liked your story, how you handled it and how it ended but I must agree with Effect in USA. The first part by most of the Loving Wives writers (on Literotica) would have happened with one couple staying together and the other seperating. He is, of course, grossly unfaithful to his wife having remade a commitment to her two years ago when his affair was first discovered. He would have had to promise to be true, which he has broken again, and his wife is suspicious again, watching him fairly closely.

Wonder if his girlfriend is prepared for her seperated husband to divorce her and take the kids and for the boyfriend to lose his kids, which would happen if the wife found out. He seems to want his wife and kids more then his floozy, but not enough to follow his word.

No one will end up happy in a case like this, not the married husband who will lose his security and kids, not the unfaithful wife who is still married to a seperated husband and not the two lovers even if they got together. The reasons they are with and without their families would cause a break in a new relationship. No one will be happy, and no one will be married or at least stay married to whichever set of spouses. This is sad but the ship is heading for the iceberg.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Sadness and loneliness

Those two emotions permeate this very well written story. She has sacrificed everything and this is what she is left with. He on the other hand still has everything he had before they were discovered. She feels the unfairness of it all and only now realizes that this is all there is.

Great writing and an excellent story.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Elegant, Sensual and Heartbreaking

Dampy, beautiful work. It may not have the happy ending that the die-hard romantics love, but it was appropriate for the story that you wanted to tell. Good luck to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Striking Home

Everything you've written is so real. Your friend must have a really hard time with dealing in that terrible and amazing second-hand love. Fuck. Hitting real close to home for me right now, and everything matched. Great writing. Great character development. Great.

rgraham666rgraham666about 18 years ago
Lovely

By turns romantic, erotic, sweet and dark.

The authour caught the changing moods of both characters very well.

Very sad at the end, but it fits perfectly.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Words to my emptiness

Thank you, you have managed to put narrative to some emotions I have felt for a long while. It was bneautifully written. Thank you.

Black TulipBlack Tulipabout 18 years ago
I wish

I could have expressed myself like Kathryn.

Your story is the perfect example why I never, ever want to get involved with a married man again. Nobody should be made to be grateful for crumbs. Every person is entitled to more than that.

Well done, and I hope your friend fights her way out of it.

Black Tulip

bearleebearleeabout 18 years ago
Nice but sad

I almost passed on this one when I saw it was a romance story-glad I didn't. DP-excellent piece of writing!

sacksackabout 18 years ago
bittersweet....

Yet, beautifully written and very moving! Good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
cynical and dark.....unfortunately reality

beautiful in how sad desire can be and lonely wanting someone who wants you but only for a limited purpose.....I went through something similar he wasn't married but he was religous and I wasn't religous enough he spent every night with me and then married someone else who was acceptable. I never wanted anyone so much or begged for love as pathetically or put up with so much......but in the end it doesn't really matter I've met someone I love and we're getting married but you never forget something like that..the humiliation the desire the feeling that you would do anything to be with that person. Perhaps a part of it is wanting something you can't have.

I oftentimes think that if it had been easier if he had been giving and available I wouldn't have wanted him so much...I only realize now that certain men can compartmentalize like the one in the story.. a man like that will never be able to give of himself completely he will make his wife and lover miserable. If you lose a man like that..do not be sad!

c'est la vie..

kbatekbateabout 18 years ago
Mixed feelings

Not the typical Valentines day romance, but still a powerful story.

It contains several dozen sentence fragments (some good, some less so), one reflexive pronoun, a sentence ends with a preposition, a few more "and thens" and "buts" begin paragraphs and sentences than I would like to see. Some description is bogged a little in the passive voice, the last 2/3 of the story was hot and well written.

A very good story, but not your best writing to date.

kb

Rope64Rope64about 18 years ago
Very, very good.

A couple comments.

You slip back and forth a lot between giving details and given impressions. You do all right at it, but in my experience, picking one or the other and sticking with it reads better: either a description of all of her attention to her appearance, e.g., and let the reader figure out what it means, or a statement that she was worried about how she would look to him and a very few details. Doing both gives a FoxNews-ish, "We'll report AND we'll decide," feel.

Also, a minor thing: I noted for its absence the moment of recognition when she met him at the airport. Maybe it's just me, but I think that's one of the peak moments in a relationship, especially one such as this where there is doubt -- is recognition followed by an instant and warm smile and a hurried effort to meet, or is there a pause, or, worse yet, a thin smile?

Anyway, excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You stopped my heart.

I read this story after I had read your other entry. I was shocked at the difference in the two stories. I truly felt pain in my heart for Kathryn. You brought tears to my eyes, and I am not a sentimental man.

If I could pick the winner for the contest, this would be the story I would choose. Well done author!

FallenfromgraceFallenfromgraceover 17 years ago
You know

my thoughts didi. I found it wonderful, i wish you could see what i see. I found the levels of emotion fantastic, and the skittering over the intimacy was balanced well- written and not written perfectly. *kiss*

<3 ya

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I see,,,,

girls and women are swoon over this, eh?

let's see: the story is about two married people, one man and one woman, married to OTHERS other than they themselves.

they met some 5 years back; they fucked and then fucked up their marriage.

SHE separated herself from her husband and likely kids, too, JUST SO AS TO ALLOW her to accommodate HIM more. he stays with his wife and flies to meet and fuck her a few times a month.

she cries every time they meet, pleading: "Please, if you love me, like I love you, you give me more than this,,, these ocassional meetings to fuck, no, I mean, to love... I need just 2 hours a day from you, every day."

"Sorry, Kath, BELOVED, you don't have your husband, former husband, breathing down your neck like my wife,,, she keeps track of my every move, y'know! What you are asking for, I JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU, dear beloved. But, come here, let me love you one more before I have to go... You know we've had this same discussion a 100 times before... I told you, this is ALL I COULD GIVE YOU..."

"Bastard,,, dear BELOVED BASTARD! I divorced FOR YOU, for US, after we got caught. I love you SO MUCH, you are my one and only love, my eternal love. I will go to hell for you! Why do you have to be such a selfish bastard, MY BELOVED DARLING; you are killing me here... Why can't you give me more hours... You think you're the only one busy? Successful? Powerful. YOU ARE MINE, meant to be mine, NOT your stupid wifey's!

"But if you are going to be such a dear beloved Bastard, and not willing to give me more than a few loving fuck sessions a month, sometimes more than a month before we meet to love like this,,, then I am not staying in this hotel any longer. Give me a call later, if you change your mind."

Women find that idiocy from such a woman romantic and erotic?

"LOST LOVE", my god! The woman is a certifiable masochistic narcissist! He's big; he's powerful; he's successful; and he's mine. She actually says that! My god, what a fuckin' dumb slut! (excuse my excited German)

tanyachrstanyachrsabout 17 years ago
An interesting view

A poignant look at what happens after the initial heat of an affair and what the affair might cost. I applaud Kathryn for trying to move forward.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIabout 17 years ago
She's not able to move forward, that's the problem

The problem is that she keeps demanding to have more hours with him and he keeps saying he can't spare them; but every time he calls, she shaves smooth for him.

She divorced for him, hoping he'd do the same thing, so they could be soul mates; he merely wants to fuck and say "I love you, Kath. Please, don't demand more than I can give; I've talked about this many times before, okay?"

Who is the smarter, more calculated person? He! He's the one women like Katherine are willing to divorce their husband for.

Again, she's not moving forward: she is stuck in a past of ruins of her own creation, wishing things were different but knowing they are not, so she hope against hope, every time she sees him, fucks him, that he'd tell her he's finally started his own divorce; but it will not happen, because he's too committed to this life style, where his wife accepts his fucking around, so long as she gets the big house and so long as he takes care of every financial needs.

Katherine, on the other hand, ruins her life and her husband's and her children for fleeting "romance" that never was true or lasting. This has nothing to do with strength, good decision making, admirable traits, learning from mistakes, or sound thinking ---- it's about impulsiveness, selfishness, and reality smacking one in the face.

SimpleGiftsSimpleGiftsover 16 years ago
Been there

You captured so well all the confusion and emotion you get in that situation...I was the one who couldn't "give enough" and it killed me in the same way that it killed her that she wanted more.

Thanks for giving others an insight into a situation that, say what you will, is truly human.

SG

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A tale well told

However one wonders as to what caused the break now which did not exist earlier...

asiaprofasiaprofover 16 years ago
Oops!

This is just to correct the annonymity of my comment just below...

incestor007incestor007almost 14 years ago
True Love?

As author said Sometimes right choice is hardest one, and it becomes harder and harder with time, longer you wait harder it will be to choose , more it be will be painful.

Some people said if their love was true they would have left their spouses and been together, True love needs sacrifice but not of others, If because of their love his or her children have to suffer, they don't know the meaning of love, In love you care of your partner, if she would have cared for him, she would not have tried to make him choose between his kids and her, If he would have cared for her, he would not have put her marriage in danger, and then leave her hanging, still not moving on. This is not love, this is you temptation, you will crave for it until you got full of it. Little you get higher you hope for more. Then just getting more becomes obsession. You are not obsessed with your lover you are obsessed with wanting. It is like you enjoy journey rather than being at destiny. or the thought of reaching the destiny is more exciting than being there. when you reach the destiny you come to realize you never thought what would you do if you were here. Now you sit there and miss what you left behind.

Becasue if they were people with normal mind they would have seen consequences before they started the mess. Did not they know that if one fall in love and other not how painful it would be, didn't they know both of them would have to choose between family and their love, they could have known their own position in start that they could leave their own respective family, but they assumed for their lover to do same. So only bitches assume. She knew she will choose her lover over her family, but she assumed same for him, now here she is facing consequences. Love is not a feeling to start with it is decision, which grows feeling after you take it. They made wrong decision. If she was unhappy with her marriage, she would have find some single guy not a married one, what was she thinking? She wanted to leave her family why some other woman have to suffer because she wanted something extra. If he really wanted a casual sexual, relationship and also wanted to be the part of family, he should have taken woman who was not attached.

So much of their true love, they wanted others to sacrifice because they could not resist temptations. so that they could be together?

I feel no sympathy for any of them, But their resp families.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Beautiful

This post was exactly what I needed to read tonight. Its the reality of the world we live in, that passion, the need you can feel for someone, being caught up in what you will sacrifice to have what makes you feel alive. Yet knowing what you deserve as a person, and in this case, a woman. Wonderfully written and extremely truthful.

-Alex

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What a Joke!

After reading the comments, it's no wonder marriage in this world never lasts. People believe it is love just because two people have feelings for each other.

Those people have no idea what love is. Love is about sacrifice and giving. It is not having feelings for someone and acting on them to the detriment of innocent parties like those to who you made promises or children.

This story is about two selfish people who are only interested in how they can feel good and to the hell with those around them.

I don't beleive anyone should stay in a loveless marriage, but, there is no indication that is the case here. Just one person thinking the grass is greener and another looking for some differnt pussy.

Anyone who thinks this story is romantic will never experience true romance and love. They are just people who want to feel good for the moment.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
A day late

Lost love? I guess the people they married, but theirs wasn't really to be had to start with. I think thinking is generally a major problem. If they had gone with their intuition, they would have split when the wound was still pink; now it's black and gangrenous and pussy and irritated.

Ok, since this is a double cheater story i think one has the right to take extra literaryberties. I thought she was going to jump the ledge at two times in the story. And then have a third of the story flashbacks of their most cherished moments before time slows down even further and we know the brain waves as they carried the information from the spine to...wherever consciousness is...as whatever the hell the part of the brain that landed first on the pavement gets crushed and not part of the order of things. Like, her occipital lobe gets crushed and she sees geometrical patterns then flashes of random and then it merges into....well whatever part of the brain it got crushed into, like synesthesia. Nobody can say you're wrong if you're creative enough as few people have experienced anything close enough to it to call shenanigans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MC finally woke up. It was never more than a long series of booty calls.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy3 months ago

Lies and betrayal are deathly sins, no im not a bible basher not even a christian but those sins are written over our souls and they will hurt not only the two of them, no even those are not involved but depending on them are getting hurt ….. lust and greed after the neighbors fruits ….. it was a tale about daily news happen on earth …. Monogamous is some written in the books but not in our hearts or souls

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous