Lilies and Roses

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Congressman Mendoza's legal firm prepared the divorce actions for me and for Tabitha that were served here tonight. After we found out about both your husband's intentions, I asked him to prepare similar actions for you. I will leave it to you to decide whether to accept the papers or not. Either way, it will be at no charge to you. In addition, I know that it will be hard for you to live as neither of you currently have jobs and you both have small children. I told David to continue paying your husbands salary directly to you."

He chuckled a little bit and added, "It's rather steep alimony and child support for them, but you won't have to worry about getting the money on time." They both nodded and smiled back at him. They had been looking scared, shell shocked, and tears were running down their faces, but now they knew that things were going to get better.

"Continuing on, JR's Construction Company in Dallas will be reopened and most former employees will be rehired at my discretion. I replaced the 6 million embezzled from the company with a no interest loan to get it restarted. I will be repaid that 6 million after it's recovered which might take a while as it will be used as evidence in court."

Ted heard a few moans in the background. "Don't worry, though. I also replaced the investment here to make sure the Southern Development goes through as planned. Additionally, the 4 million sent to Los Angeles will also be needed as evidence, so I have replaced the money both here in the Harvey Construction Company and in LA to ensure it goes through as planned."

"The point I want to make is that a lot of people were victimized. I want these developments to succeed on their own. They would have faltered without clean money to replace those tainted funds. The victims are in 3 states and were working to better their communities. In addition, some other companies in the area are having discussions with agents from the FBI concerning the underbid contracts. After Ron and friends get out of prison here, Texas will be waiting for them."

He looked at Tabitha and said, "You were being hired to become the VP of Operations. After you get your job established here, you will find a replacement and then you will become the Chief Operating Officer. You will oversee both of these developments until they are completed. In addition, JR's in Dallas and Two Sisters in LA are becoming wholly owned subsidiaries of The Harvey Construction Company and will have their own VPs of Operations. As COO, you will supervise all three businesses. We will continue to be the best in the construction industry, but adding property management and landscaping will help ensure our continued growth and diversification."

As he paused, he received a standing ovation. 'It is nice to know I have friends,' Ted thought.

Ted was tired and emotionally drained. It was finally over. He looked around the room and saw his friend hiding in his alcove. "Fernando, I wish to thank you and your family for everything you have done for me in the past. You and your staff deserve public recognition and accolades for the way you conduct your business. Not only that, but this is a great place to eat. Would you ask your staff to come out here, please. They need to know that they are appreciated." Fernando made a gesture and the serving staff and kitchen staff came out and were applauded with Ted leading the way. "Good night everyone," Ted finally said. "We're going to Disney Land."

++++++++++++++

Epilog

Ted stood in the nursery area at Mercy Hospital, thinking about the past. All of the divorces had gone smoothly. Ron, Greg, Megan, Gretel and Jim Pound were still in prison. The civil lawsuits had been settled, but Ted knew he would never see any money. He'd set it up with the court to use any restitution money for local charities, battered women's home, after school programs, and library projects. It was enough to know that they knew that he wasn't a wimp or incompetent.

After his divorce, Jensen moved to California to start over and was currently teaching at a community college. Callie had gotten married and was as loyal as always. Joy and Stephanie had gotten remarried, but Ted made sure that the salaries would be paid as long as they had children living at home.

Betty and the Harvey's had passed on leaving a hole in everyone's heart who had known them. They had also left their entire estates to Ted. Ted sold some things of value and used that money to expand the hospital with a new wing and named it in honor of the Harvey's. Betty had always supported the arts, so Ted had built a new Art Museum to replace the outdated older one and then added a Betty Martin wing. As John had wished, Ted had moved into their house. Then Ted had installed a Jacuzzi and a new swimming pool.

Timmy and Joan were married now and had families of their own. They had never held it against him how that night had turned out. Timmy had taken over the Howard's business when he graduated from law school and passed the bar. There was a need in town for a lawyer specializing in commercial business law. He and Melissa moved into the family home. Joan also passed the bar, but moved with her husband to Denver to practice. Ted had made sure they had enough money to get a good start. Ted had established trust funds for each child; Timmy and Melissa, Joan, Jennifer, and Sara. He'd noticed that they hadn't been touched so far.

'Well, maybe in a few years when the grandkids were coming along,' he thought.

When he and Tabitha had married the next year, Timmy was his best man and Melissa had been her mom's maid of honor. Just then a nurse came into the nursery and picked up his son, John Harvey Johnson. Motioning him to come in, he went to be with his wife and new son. Life has a way of working out.

1...5678910
  • COMMENTS
72 Comments
RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
BLOWN AWAY

Amazing what a tale increditbly written what an author !!!! MORE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
bravo

out frikken standing!! great read couldnt stop reading it for a minute! hats off and plse write more.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
I THOUGHT IT WAS AN OUTSTANDING TALE, Pete.

The whole story was better than watching the last episode of "Dallas". Thanks for a really good read. It certainly held my attention.

chytownchytownalmost 14 years ago
Damn!!!!

You write a lot but say a little.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good start, but...

This story started well, but went downhill beginning about where Ted tells the lawyer that he is secretly rich, owns the company, blah blah blah. The last half is absolute crap. I don't blame the wife for cheating on him if he went out of his way to deceive her into thinking he was poor, stupid, wimpy, and had no ambition. The plot element of bringing everything out at an award ceremony in front of half the town was just idiotic. The wife wouldn't have been charged with anything (she really didn't do anything illegal), and would have taken Ted for 50% of his fortune in the divorce. I can't believe this is one of the top-rated stories on this site.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
Charity Begins Next Door Life isn't fair. So when you fight back, fight dirty.in Romance
More Stories