All Comments on 'Life in Deep Rock'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Selena_KittSelena_Kittabout 18 years ago
Digging Deep

I was incredibly moved by the metaphor--seeing under the surface of things. Even Maggie, so innocent on the outside, so passionate on the inside. Lovely juxtaposition. This was a well-paced and beautifully revealed story, like unearthing something ancient--a fossil, perhaps? :) The horror of the story was breathtaking and profound, and left me wondering about what lies beneath... *shiver* As always, a triumph, Doc.

rgraham666rgraham666about 18 years ago
Damn!

This was good.

A brilliant idea, played out so well.

The little hints, of both parts of the story, just lead me in deeper and deeper.

Very nice work, dr_m.

Kev HKev Habout 18 years ago
A new fan is born

Works like this are every bit as satisfying as my favorite books. I'll put down George R. R. anyday to read your stories, Doc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Oh my,

What an imagination and a way with words. That was beyond creepy bordering on astonishing. Fantastic work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Professional Caliber

Why post it here when you could sell it?

damppantiesdamppantiesabout 18 years ago
Gave me the shivers

That final paragraph when all was revealed - too good. That image will be in my mind for a long time, and for that I'd forgive you the slowish opening a hundred times over.

This one reminded me a bit of Koontz.

KewlBlueTigerKewlBlueTigerabout 18 years ago
Holy Moly Doc!

That was a fantastic story. Full of creativity and a bit of research that made it a way interesting read. I have to admit you've got a fan here. I bow down to your work-

minsueminsueabout 18 years ago
*shudder*

Zoot, no one does creepy as well as you because no one makes the implausible so very plausible. Methinks you've changed quarries for me the same as you already altered my view of moths.

SlickTonySlickTonyabout 18 years ago
High Calibre Story

Quite one of the most intelligently written stories I've read in here--it really made me stretch my mind. And at the same time, a hellagood whodunit.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinalmost 18 years ago
That must have been a rocky relationship

Imaginative, intelligent, and well-put together. There were a few mechanical glitches, but still an intriguing story.

Rumple

pcsocakepcsocakealmost 18 years ago
awesome read

some mind stretching while reading erotica. i love it. good luck in the contest.

neonlyteneonlytealmost 18 years ago
Blown away

Astonishly imaginative and yet compelling real. Exquisite characters, settings, mood - you can almost smell the quarry, almost touch the sandstone. My regret is it is too short, could have sat for hours indulging myself.

One of your best - does you enormous credit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful as always

Sorry Dr M I am just getting around to comment on stories that I already voted on. Good luck in the contest and have a fabulous year writing.

Lizzy

MunachiMunachialmost 18 years ago
wow!

great story! one of those that you just can't stop reading because you want to know what happens!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well done!

I always love finding stories where the sex isn't the thing most concentrated on, yours is the third that I've found here. I love the living rock stuff, this would be great in one of those sci-fi/fantasy collections.

JennaVeeJennaVeealmost 18 years ago
great stuff

Loved it! Very imaginative. I kind of suspected what they'd find in the end and was SO GLAD you followed through with the dark ending.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 17 years ago
Mentioned

Your story has been mentioned in the Author's Hangout SPOOKY BLAST FROM THE PAST Review Thread!

CoryleaCoryleaover 15 years ago
Good Lord

Wow. I've never read anything like that before, and I've been reading science fiction since I was a kid. I love your imagination!

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeabout 12 years ago
Bradbury would be proud

of a story like this.

I didn't see it coming until the very last moment.

Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Life in Deep Rock

Jesus amongst us.

Are you kidding me? This was incredible.

Life in Water and Live in air should be horrifying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great

Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing!

Utterly astounding piece of literature.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous