All Comments on 'Dear John Derr'

by budd100

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's becoming a cliche to write thinly-veiled counters to Loving Wives stories and pass them off as "humor/satire" or "loving wives" stories. If you have issues with cheating women, wimpy husbands, or both, fine. But surely there is a more original way to get attention than to write another one of these stories? It has become a cliche, no longer something "original" or "funny".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Ignore the last guy

I enjoyed it. Not your best effort, but okay. I certainly prefer you take to the standard "happy to be a cuckold" fare.

JDsellerJDsellerabout 19 years ago
budd100 Tell the last two guys to go to hell !

I liked this straight forward story of cheating and retrabution. As I haved served myself, I know that a cheating partner is 10 times worst in these type of situations . You need the support and comfort of knowing ,that while you are fighting for country , you are being suported emotionially by your freinds and family. This is what makes these types of betrayal the worst kind. As for the two air heads complaints: 1) I think that the site picks the section that a story is displayed in. 2) For this being a repeat on many other stories,are not all stories similar when dealing with human emotions?? We only have a limited number of responses to lifes problems. I liked the story and have enjoyed many of your other stories. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Consequentually Great

Thanks for your position and story about the oftentimes forgoten realities of life. Your "you play you pay" is appreciated against the non-recognized jaded pitiful cheaters who wander through this site against the grain of life.

More please - thanks for your time, efforts and talent - Regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Like The Story

I loved the ending where he dropped his brother. He should have followed it up with a toe to the balls - really make the sucker pay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
H/S?

Not at all a bad story if a trifle short, but what the hell is supposed to be humorous about it?

RicticRicticabout 17 years ago
Good Story

I really enjoyed the story.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
continue story please.

I shure wish you continued with the story i would like to know why she passed him over for Frank ?

I hope he didnt give her any money .

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good premise... sweet opening... lacks "meat"

I liked the premise of your story. Deployment offers numerous hardships, both foreseen and the unexpected, and the toll placed on relationships is huge. I like how the protagonist was even set-up as joining to accommodate the family's financial situation, essentially enabling the brother to continue with college. The meeting with the female lead was cute.

I would have liked more "meat"... some more internals as to the transition to the brother... the family's response (after all, with the first marriage so close before deployment the protagonist's famliy had to have been involved and aware of the girl on a close basis... upon his return the mother came across as it would be natural for the brother and his wife to come over... odd)

For such a huge betrayal the female lead seemed overly cold and short... and the "retribution" was too blaise... a couple punches and leaving town... It just seemed to warrant (and need) soooo much more.

In brief... I felt built up from the good opening and then left feeling hollow at the quick change and ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
good story

what a bitch! And to use his car and bank account! I can't believe his mom was so blase about the whole thing. She had to know that what was going on. He should have done more to his brother. Hell, his mom and dad may have deserved some payback for not letting him know/allowing them to use his car, whatever. Seems like his brother was the favored child.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 14 years ago
Very nice

A story plot that occurred more than once in realiy... With me it was my miltary roommate. Very short and neat.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
This is a Reality Show....

It happens all the time to those who leave others behind for a long period of time..

Usually the best friend is the guilty party, but you would expect a brother to take your back.... and not your fiancé

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Parents

A good story, though I'm unclear about the parents. I am assuming they knew he was engaged before he left for Iraq, and I'm going to also assume they knew who he was engaged to. I would think they would have some guilt about sending their oldest to college, but to also not make any deal about the oldest then stealing his fiance, and even acting as if it is no big deal - I don't understand. Either his parents are the absolutely most clueless people in the world, or the story is somewhat incomplete. A good story otherwise, I just felt the parents could have been fleshed out. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

Humor? WTF?! This author must be a fucking retard to put this shit in humor.

thedemonIxthedemonIxabout 7 years ago
Right on.

I would do the same. Course... I'd just as soon wrench both bitches necks... For sport... Anyway... I got yer 6...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dear John Derr:

there has to be more to this it is not finished got to be

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Sounds true to life.

Could happen. Sad tale of the beginning of a lifetime bad blood between two brothers. ***** BTW - there's no sex in the story, but like a lot of stories here that don't, still a great tale.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
GEE, THAT NOSE ON MY FACE LOOKS BAD

what to do, I'll just hold my breath till my face turns red, that'll show me, TK U MLJ LV NV

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 5 years ago
Frank's new name is JODY

I would never speak to my brother again in this situation. Make sure the parents know to keep him and the cheater away when visiting. They knew what was going on and should have stopped it. Frank/Jody is a scumbag. His kid will never know it's uncle.

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Surprises

Have to let the parents know you will attend any family functions with a sidearm. Hopefully this will avoid the inevitable surprise forced reconciliation of the brothers. "If you invite us both, Frank will end up in shock-trauma or dead"

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

The story was too short.

What was wrong with the parents

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointed

You have no idea what a military man's response to his brother stealing his fiancé is, it would have been severely more harsh that what you had him do. Not a realistic or enjoyable story. If the rest of your stories are anything like this one I won't be reading too many.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Weak

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

wasted time reading this

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous