All Comments on 'Daphne's Crush'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments (Page 2)
vknorrisvknorrisabout 6 years ago
I also loved this story

But a part 2, I don't know how you could improve on perfection. But what ever you do, keep writing. You are very talented

NotAverageNotAverageover 5 years ago
Nice work.

Enjoyed this very much. Good work. Off to read the rest of your stuff!

MartyMBMartyMBover 5 years ago
Two things

I thought you wrote a very good story. I do have two comments, though.

I couldn't definitely find where she said "yes" to his marriage proposal.

Although entertaining, I thought the constant quips and sarcasm got in the way of real conversation. After awhile, I found myself searching for the story rather than the distractions.

MarshallaMarshallaover 5 years ago
Well I'll be damned, ...

... a love story with sex in it, rather than the other way around!

I liked it, quips, sarcasm and all.

5 *'s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Loved it. Bringing together family, love and jokes. Awesome job! Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Banter is Back!

What a great story. I have read it 4 times now and laugh at the banter every time. Here is a girl that knows what she wants and is willing to put her self out there to say it and to sell it. Loved the story and gave you a "5" only because there is not an option for a "10". Keep surprising us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Perfect

Was great and well told great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another proofreading trick

Which you clearly need to do: read it out loud.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I would like for you to continue this story. It is such a interesting and enjoyable one.

bzbreezybzbzbreezybzabout 3 years ago

Incredible! We need more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Proofing makes the difference between good stories and excellent stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story!

I truly enjoyed the plot. Falling in love is a special experience and you gave us another fun option. Thanks for sharing your imagination.

DP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a sweet story! I loved it!

A+ my good man.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Second time around, just as good as I remembered, many thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice premise.

Beautifully written.

Sex was more 'sweet' than 'erotic'. Would have liked more details -- particularly with the foreplay.

Fiur stars.

RondowdellRondowdellover 2 years ago

What happens next ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Except for the question of virginity, this could have been me and the love of my life. The fumbling. The false starts. The miscommunication. But also the wise-ass sense of humor and, in the end, true love. It’s all entirely believable because half a lifetime ago I lived it. All of these decades later, she’s still the only one for me. These two have really good odds of coming to the same outcome. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You are a good writer and I enjoy you're stories. But this one leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like the manipulation. IMHO, you make your own decisions about love, right or wrong, good or bad, and live with the consequences. I wonder if somewhere down the line - when doubts about the relationship come in - does he wonder if he wasn't partly railroaded into it.

And one other small point about the question of Hell - either it exists or it doesn't. Her answer about "It exists for her but not for him" is ridiculous! That's like saying - when they went to the city on the train - that the Italian restaurant she wanted to eat at existed only for her but not for him. That when they show up at the corner of 46th st and 8th ave that she sees a restaurant, and he sees an empty lot - which is ludicrous! Either it's there or it's not. Something exists or it doesn't - something is true or not - regardless of your belief about it's validity.

End of rant...

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Next chapter? Okay, I'm another "hopeless romantic".

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Michael seems like an arrogant entitled prick to Daphne.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

My my my I would have given you 5 stars as it was funny BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO THINK ABOUT THE SEXUAL POSITIONS HE CAN’T BE SUCKING ON HER TITS IF HIS BALLS ARE SLAPPING HER CLIT THINK ABOUT IT RE READ YOUR STORY

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Honestly, I liked the first half most -witty dialogue, logical and realistic action. Daphne’s age became an issue later— she isn’t legal to drink, so her presence in the bar makes less sense, as does her wine in her apartment. It’s also less plausible that his sister and cousin are so supportive of a relationship with someone who is only just out of high school. Everything would still have worked if she had been 20, or even 21. The speed with which Mike fell in love and decided to commit to her also did not ring true. Time gaps can be useful.

But still a very sweet romance.

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Excellent story. I’m a romantic married more than fifty years.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous