All Comments on 'Cold Showers and Bruised Egos'

by blondiesheart

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Not Bad

This was interesting. Not a bad shot at looking at it from the male perspective. You did well.

smy3thsmy3thover 17 years ago
Very enjoyable hot fuck

I had to check to see if you were female because it read like a male author. Except, a male would not have had to see his hardon to know it was there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good Start

For a first story you did well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WOW - Damnnn & KUDO's Authoress

Probably the hottttest, most highly descriptive and warmest coming together in mind and body that I have ever read - that still felt good afterwards.

Even more impressive is that you chose single people as your stage for which I respect you immensely. You showed it can be done purely and without any disrespect.

A very impressive imaginative display of talent and sense of what could be in a very lifelike play.

So - a very highly recommended read.

More please Authoress - you and this work are appreciated.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
enjoyable read

Well composed and very readable. My only two critiques are that it took quite a while before we understood the two characters and their relationship to each other. Also, the revelation that Jeff loves her was a bit out of the blue, since up until then we mostly had him just admiring her physical attributes, which is not the same as love.

jakebarnes06jakebarnes06over 17 years ago
Ah, ain't lust just grand

I loved the line, "She has sensitive nipples, I thought dumbly." What a guyish thing to categorize to oneself in the midst of a first encounter in the back of a pickup truck. If your goal were to write a quickie of discovery and lust from the male point of view, I have to say, first rate! Now it's off to read you as a woman.

MetzovMetzovover 17 years ago
Very good job

Of getting the male perspective. Still there were a few places that missed just a bit.

Like in the restaurant when she came back from the restroom you wrote.

When she came back nearly ten minutes later, her face was flushed, but she looked like she had freshened up. Was that the dim lighting making it appear that way?

Most guys would have known she had been crying. It's not that we don't pickup on things it's that we have no idea what those things mean (Was she crying because she's mad or hurt about something I've done or something that has nothing to do with me?). When women say men are clueless their right, But it's clueless about women not about what's going on around them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
my only quibble was ~

the way that she pulled him out of bed and lifted him into the shower. I'm a petite 5'3" and there's no damn way on earth I could do that with any guy. Apart from that, it was a well written story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Agreement with a previous comment...

Would have given a 100 rating had you explained how the woman was able to simply pick up a man and toss in him the shower effortlessly.

It really isnt that easy to pick up someone that doesnt want to be picked up, and almost impossible to pick up someone that wants to stay put. Especially if you are smaller than them.

MetzovMetzovover 17 years ago
She's a cop

The author said she used the fireman's carry. I know a lot of police and fire departments teach that carry and you have to pass tests by carrying a full grown man a set distance and perhaps down some stairs. He didn't try to resist her or I would agree it would be a bit much.

LadyFalconLadyFalconover 17 years ago
HOT!

Very cool write Blondie! I am writing from a male perspective right now...or at least trying to...so , I respect your effort. You did really well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good one

just not enough detail,,,, esp. with regard to their hidden desires for one another for all those years,,,

otherwise, it's a good story

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very well done!

Writing from the other perspective is very difficult and you pulled it off just fine! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
From a guy ...

Very impressive ... mere males who find themselves in this quandry of wanting their best "friend" who happens to be a female, often are scared to death of intimacy, fearing rejection and the loss of that friendship. You have captured this really well. Moreover, Lacy is really well described and I could visualise her well. Only criticism would be that I could not visualise Jeff as well ... but perhaps that's just me. Excellent read.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 17 years ago
Very Good

You captured both the agony of a break up and his very real fears of "if I try to move this relationship further, I could lose her totally"

Now for those that were talking about him being manhandled...interesting pun there. She's a cop. A part time police officer to be exact. says so right in the story. Some one trained to take an unrulely person and move them.

I lost all my 'huh?" when i read about the glock much less her being an officer. Girl is obviously 'tough' ... man... I think blindieheart discribed my dream gal...don't tell my wife. ;)

NOW i have to go and read the REST of her stuff...what 'punishment' :)

SheerahSheerahover 17 years ago
Oooh, a treasure!!!

Absolutely marvelous. It's hot, sexy, fiery and a little sad but absolutely marvelous. A treasure read!

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 17 years ago
I am impressed!

I have written a few stories myself, and now I want to test myself by writing from the fem pov. This story was well done. I was hooked by the time he was in the shower. BTW, I dated a cop and she was about 5'5" and 130... she picked me up that same way (I'm 6'2" and 245) and tossed me in a swimming pool. No way I could stop her, not that I wanted to.

shmueltzvyshmueltzvyabout 17 years ago
Great but...

where have you gone? I keep looking for your next story... and its never there... at least not yet.

Still hope you'll get back to writing and posting.

This story was just so very inciteful! I've been where he was (but I was fourteen) and remember even now, over fifty years later, my fears of inadequacy. She woke me up and made me realize her love, and brought us both to two years of paradise. (Sorry. No happy ending. Leukemia claimed her three years later.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Lacey is a fiery and sexy woman!

She the type of woman that rule! ;) hehe

BrettJBrettJalmost 14 years ago
From another author

Very good story, phenomenal for a first attempt. If I had any criticism, it'd be slight - I think a male might be a bit more "descriptive" of the sex act, a tad more raunchy in parts, even when making love. But the visuals were nicely handled and aside from minor errors in punctuation, a nice piece of work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
well if this is your first time writing from a male perspective...

don't stop.

This was a fun romantic one. I'm not sure how this girl managed to lift a guy 6 inches taller than her completely off his feet, but that was a tiny nitpick in a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very nice story 5 stars

But my first thought was both characters were too damn stupid to be walking around. You don't ruin a friendship by telling someone your feelings...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very good and entertaining story. I wish it had been a little longer but then I always do. One thought, laying in the uncushioned bed of a pickup truck is about as comfortable as laying on a pile of rocks. All those ribs and grooves just start eating at your bones after a while. A short while. Then again I’ve never had sex in the back of my truck, so maybe the heat of passion might override a little back pain. That said, it’s still a great story. Thanks for sharing, blondie.

Dee

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous