All Comments on 'Check and Mate'

by KR

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Untruthful

You are not from the Pacific Northwest of the United States of America. You are being totally untruthful. You are from the United Kingdom and/or some other country. Your methodolgy of writing including syntax and spelling gave you away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Incorrect

Dear 'Untruthful'.

I am amused that you feel so certain that I am not from the States that you would make such a comment publicly. I am unquestionably American, in fact, I am 5th generation Californian. However, I also happen to be very well-read, well-travelled, and Ivy League educated. That I use British spellings such as 'colour' instead of 'color' is a matter of aesthetics as well as the influence of both my Grandmother and my many European friends.

You, dear sir or madam, owe me an apology. - K.R.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightalmost 19 years ago
Chess lover?

As a chess player (and writer), I enjoyed the story very much. The story used some clever analogies.

Do you play chess online? I have tried it sometimes, but get into time pressure (literally, not figuratively), and sometimes lose a game because I am rushed. I'm old enough to remember pre-computer, pre-Fritz (if you know what I'm talking about, let me know), much slower time controls where players could savor the game. You'll find that carries over into my writing too.

I will copy this comment and send it to you privately, so you can respond to it if you like. I would very much enjoy an online chess buddy, particularly if you are a USCF member (if you know what that stands for, you probably are one) and have played in rated competition.

Although most people (including you) put the names of the pieces in lower-case type, I like to capitalize them, even the Pawns (I'm writing an instructional book for beginners), and most of my library is in the old-fashioned descriptive notation, although I teach using long algebraic (piece name, starting square and ending square).

If you know what I'm talking about, I'd like to know how you learned the game and when, and how much experience you have. I know what your initials stand for, so I'm guessing you have quite a bit of experience and love for the game.

Captain Midnight

walkingeaglewalkingeaglealmost 19 years ago
KR writes a vivid totaly erotic story!

This story is so erotic and sensuous it made me quiver! I could literallly feel the vivid descriptions. A wonderful job! Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sensual and passionate

KR, Keep up the excellent writing. I enjoyed your descriptions immensely. Never thought of chess as being an erotic pleasure, but this opens new avenues. The sheer Sensuality sent me for satisifaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you. That was marvelous !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous