All Comments on 'A Walk to The Paradise Garden'

by sack

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

Beautiful and melodic! A perfect ending to a journey taken together.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sack You Drew Me In

like a flower attracts the bee. Knew where it was going and knew it was their final walk, but I had to keep reading. Your words were as attractive as the scent and color that lures the bee in to the flower. When all is said and done, they went to their reward together and that ain't bad, although I might have done it diferently if I was going to depart this vale of tears with my mate. You are an artist in your ability to spin a tale. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
WOWSERS

I just lost the love of my life to emphasema on the 28th of Nov. He was 79 and I am only 60 and it is not yet my time to go and I am left behind to grieve. It would have been so much nicer if both of us had died together like this couple but he would not have gone for it..he would have said I was still young and beautiful and that I needed to love again and yet how can anyone who has shared the love we had, ever want another. But go on I must for suicide is not the answer. Reading stories of another couples love helps though so thanks -- this one was tremendous.

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Sad

Moving and poignant. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
So beautiful and so sad

And very poignent. I can't believe you wrote this in such little time Sack. It's fantastic.

Honey123Honey123over 18 years ago
So lovely

Sack, you leave me speechless this is a beautiful story. True love and the need to be forever together..in all eternity.

I am also speechless that you dedicate this to me...It's such an honor to be thought of in such a special way by such a talented and wonderful person...

Thank you for always sharing your gift with us...

~Honey

Alex De KokAlex De Kokover 18 years ago
Amen

I'm not ashamed to say I finished this with tears in my eyes. Beautiful, and moving. Well done.

Alex

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 18 years ago
Thank You

Wonderful piece of writing Sack, it made me think of my father, and step-mother who both passed away last year within months of each other. Thankyou.

Brian

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 18 years ago
It's just a story, right? If so, then why am I

writing this with teary rivers flowing down my face? Damn, Sack! You captured this visceral moment for all time. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I liked the story a lot

The only issue I would have is the incongruousness of your choice of words. On the one hand it is melodic and tempered, yet on the other there are cliches and (IMO) unnecessary slang. I would edit it to flow a bit better, especially the first paragraph, and tone down the falling part to be less graphic. All and all, this is really close to excellent and is absolutely worth a few more minutes!!!

QP

quietpoetquietpoetover 18 years ago
I really enjoyed the

feel and ideas in the words..here...a little snag..did you mean infirmity it makes sense to me then with that word..you have some great descriptive lines that give the color and visual projections...nice...blue

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Lovely ...

Your depth amazes me my friend. Sorry i was so remiss with my reading and voting. Good luck!

Cookie:)

cloudycloudyover 18 years ago
Beautiful descriptions...

...and absolutely wonderful setting you designed, my friend. I might have chosen a less painful way for them to cross over, but your story, your words. Very nice.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
God, Sack...

I'm crying like a fucking baby right now. I feel like I've been kicked hard in the gut, I was moved so much by your story. They chose to die together instead of waiting for cancer, the bane of so many lives (I should know from watching many people that I care about getting clobbered by it) tear them apart. Bravo, Sack! Best of luck to you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well done, Sac

Sentimental and loving, but not maudlin. Congratulations on a job well-done.

Rumple

Roxanne ApplebyRoxanne Applebyover 18 years ago
Terminally sweet

A sweet story by a sweet man. I'm glad they got to choose their departure date, and checked out together.

Hercules_unleashedHercules_unleashedover 18 years ago
heart rending

I did as you advised sack and checked out your work, this tale brought tears to my eyes, thank you

Peter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Poetry

An absolute joy to read. This reminds me of some of Henry Miller's kaleidoscopic prose. I look forward to more of this sort of thing from you.

FrogsoupFrogsoupover 15 years ago
Sweet

A very sweet love story. The imagery is vivid and the characters sympathetic. A story with a very poignant message, if a bit polarizing...Excellent tale, Sack!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous