All Comments on 'A Valentine For My Childhood Sweetheart'

by Gypsy in MI

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
urgh

Parts were sweet, but the cheating thing and not-so-happy ending kind of ruined it for me. Also...hmm, there was an also...oh yeah, this is not erotic coupling...put it in romance where it belongs. :-P please

Gypsy in MIGypsy in MIover 19 years agoAuthor
*sigh*

I learned two things by submitting this entry. I have no idea how to write erotic non-fiction and need some help with that! Secondly, and probably most importantly, I should sleep on a submission before entering it. Upon rereading it today, I do not believe it is worthy of the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Non Fiction

You wrote it as you remembered it. I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Different timelines

Good, yet sad, story. Very well written and quite expressive telling of a relationship where their single times in their lives never coincided. As always, the road never taken will always be a mystery, often haunting us until our death.

I guess we just have to be satisfied, even if not especially happy, with the road we choose.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 19 years ago
A good vignette

I read your thoughts in the PC's. Lit doesn't have a "True Life" non-fiction category. Probably the closest thing is "First Time" and that doesn't fit either.

Your writing isn't bad; t's your story-telling that needs work (usually it's the other way around). That's especially true with the ending. Study the craft of writing, learn some of the "tricks of the trade" and keep writing. You ain't bad and, IMHO, have to potential to get a lot better.

Rumple

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous