All Comments on 'Thunder Follows Lightning'

by gauchecritic

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Terrific

Great story in all ways!

impressiveimpressiveover 19 years ago
Awesome

Absolutely incredible character development! I was swept up in your Storm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Gritty and idiosyncratic

An agile mind, a poet's eye, existential accepting realism and seamless revelation of character. What the fuck is this doing on a porn site? Brilliant, but never quite engaging. Like the narrator, analytic throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Where-the-hell did the blood come from?

Had she been a virgin? Did your penis break the anal wall, which is dangerous as hell if you're into butt-fucking? What happened?

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
at a pub with a pint or four

i felt like you were relating a story to your buds at the pub and i was fortuneate enough to be able to over hear. i love how Storm 'happened' to you... that made me smile.

awesome read...great addition to the rainy day chronicles.

*hugs*

v~

shugshugover 19 years ago
beautifull written

similar moment of pause/question with the blood, but not enough to make this a less than charming, lovely, thrilling, totally immersive story. great character development and context and mood.

Honey123Honey123over 19 years ago
Thunderstruck!

I found this story to be sweet and romantic...You actually had me signing as you explained it in your story! It was wonderful to read.

Honey123

shereadsshereadsover 19 years ago
Shared isolation

It took me a while, after I clicked "Leave a comment," to figure out why I was so moved by this story that I needed to say something. You have a way of bringing characters together who are seeking intimacy, and who almost find it. Storm is such a perfect example of the way your characters sometimes seem to be both struggling to communicate and to remain separate, ultimately through the way they have sex. They achieve moments of shared joy, but remain separate, either by choice or because real intimacy is always just out of reach. Which is probably true of most sexual exchanges, whether or not we want to believe it. Shared isolation; tension and need that are beyond what can be resolved by an orgasm...I rarely comment on stories, and there are two reasons I am now. One, I owe you a comment. I've read and enjoyed your work, often enough to break my rule. Two, there's something so charming about the play between Storm and your narrator - I kept thinking of it as *innocent.* Not a word I'd typically associate with anal sex, and you're probably thinking it's way off the mark. Too bad. We all bring ourselves to what we're reading, and you writers can't stop us from finding what we will in them. Thank you for this one, Gauche, and for all the stories I haven't commented upon. (It's not a lack of appreciation; it's reluctance to reveal that I might completely have misread you.)

~ SR

SR

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous