All Comments on 'The Queen and the Soldier'

by Evil Alpaca

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
10

Great story! Love the stutter.

AliasalphaAliasalphaover 19 years ago
damn good

Entertaining and sexy, bloody good bit of writing that

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Unbelievably Great

I thought nothing you could do could top "Lost In Texas" but "The Queen" story is amazing. I can't imagine how you create the deep mental state of your characters. I find myself skimming over the sex scenes just to find out where the story is going next then go back to finish later.Thank You So Much. TomJ

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 19 years ago
Brilliantly done ...

Might as well say one thing so you don't get too proud of yourself ... California did away with the gas chamber. All the states now have the needle. Occasionally a condemned person in another state will choose another way to die, but the gas chamber was too reminiscent of the Nazis anyway and it didn't really work that well.

That said, this was one BEAUT of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
absolutely wonderful

my absolute second favourite after dead man's world

Landrious1Landrious1over 19 years ago
What Can I Say! Scores 2000 out of a possible 10!

I am amazed, stunned, captivated, mesmerised, um.... Let me get my thesaurus and look up a few more words for how Brilliantly talented I think you are and this story is! My first read of any of your works was Lost in Texas, (Thanks for the personal response to my feedback by the way) and I find myself astounded at every new work of yours I read. I am working my way through your stories and find myself checking daily to see if you've honored us yet with more beauty than we truly deserve. If you ever formally publish I'll be the first in line for your first printing!

minsueminsueover 19 years ago
Heartfelt and hot

A combination that's hard to find.

You never cease to impress me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
fantastic

absolutely brilliant

womanofsteelwomanofsteelabout 19 years ago
Holy Freakin' A

I absolutely adored/loved/other good verb here this story. Your characters and plot are so well thought out. And the sex scenes....whew! Hot damn! I'm most certainly going to have to check out your other stories.

But one little point - the escort servicing women and having long nails?? OW. OW OW. That just makes my vagina cry.

But other than that, I completely and throughly enjoyed the story.

card_membercard_memberabout 19 years ago
Great

Such a great story I just loved it, thanks

grllvrgrllvralmost 19 years ago
Superb!

Very well written. Never a dull moment, story flowed perfectly. I look forward to reading more. You have a very sexy mind.

Renee'

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
FANTASTIC!!

Heart warming and FANTASTIC!!

ravenmxravenmxover 18 years ago
Great story

And well written. I have not read any of your other stories, but will be doing so now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Brava

Magnificient, additional superlatives would be superfluous. A long story with continual developement and interesting tale weaving is a pleasure. Thank you.

And...that said, if it were anyone other than CaptMidnight with the attempt at tossing cold water on The Queen I would be on the war path. Maybe I will go try to get through one of his stories and use my fine toothed comb.

Remember....EVIL spelled backwards is LIVE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Outstanding!

Wonderfully well written, captivating detail and exciting to boot! Truly one of the best stories on this site. I liked the reference to the girl band stars of "Lost In Texas" (also an excellent story, by the way). Let's hear a lot more from you!

heiressheiressalmost 18 years ago
No words

The level of depth and appreciation for such an amazing brilliant piece piece of art simply can't be put into verbal words. But the superb anguish that I feel says it all. Doesn't need to be said and sounds corny and cliche but keep up the great work.

subtle_seductionsubtle_seductionover 16 years ago
damn!!!

there are no words that i can summon that will fully describe how much i loved this story,the only word that comes to mind is......WOW!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Fine Wine

Dear Alpaca

Thank you for a wonderful story. After all the cheap beer I've had on these pages, your writing is vintage wine. Thank you for single-handedly reinstating my faith in Literotica's ability to Not just stimulate & excite, but also absorb someone as jaded as me into a beautiful world that is your creation.

Please do continue in the same vein. I wish you complete success in all your endeavours.

Sincerely

Sam

samuelhkane@gmail.com

Scam13eenScam13eenover 16 years ago
Fine Wine

Dear Alpaca

Thank you for a wonderful story. After all the cheap beer I've had on these pages, your writing is vintage wine. Thank you for single-handedly reinstating my faith in Literotica's ability to Not just stimulate & excite, but also absorb someone as jaded as me into a beautiful world that is your creation.

Please do continue in the same vein. I wish you complete success in all your endeavours.

Sincerely

Sam

samuelhkane@gmail.com

cathlab62cathlab62almost 16 years ago
The greatest!!!

I never read a story so long. Even if there are only 4 pages, i never read all. But your's so wonderful that i can't stop reading. Even if english's not my first language (i'm french). I think that i 'll read your others stories if you wrote some....

rgraham666rgraham666over 15 years ago
Wonderful work

A sexy and romantic tale about the healing power of love.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
please!

please...please ..dear god please! make another installment to these wonderfully sexy and strong vibrant characters. they became so real with the complex past, i would so much love to read a farewell story of them.

on a different not a truely dynamic piece that leaves this reader and many more riviting for more.

c.s

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftalmost 15 years ago
Excellent

An incredibly sexual tail.

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftalmost 15 years ago
Spelling mistake

I meant to say. An incredibly sexual TALE

ShikeShikealmost 15 years ago
Excellent

Another wonderful tale. I enjoyed both characters and getting to know them. I like how you've brought some of you're other stories into the periphery to give the story some familiarity while leaving it to be it's own tale.

Lunawolf1341Lunawolf1341almost 14 years ago
Wow.

I can't believe I haven't read this before now. I loved your Lost in Texas Series and somehow wandered back to your submissions and I found this. It really is a beautiful story and a wonderful piece of writing. Keep going!

The1PaladinThe1Paladinalmost 14 years ago
5 stars

and more. I couldn't help but laugh at the Polly Shore joke. Took a couple of minutes to compose myself and finish the story. Your characters are so alive and I think that makes your story telling so vibrant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
character development

it really is one of the best things about your stories, fantastic job mate

Stevens_rockStevens_rockalmost 13 years ago
the last one :(

I started reading your stories about six months ago and I have just finished the last one (other then your gay male, not my thing). Every single one of them is a great story. If I made a list of my top 100 submissions 50-60 of them would be by you. I think your 8-10 page submissions are the finest writing not just on the site, but of any stories I have read. (1st ch TPaS and FB, 5th ch Lost, 2nd to last NFR, last ch Breath...)

Even though your stories arn't funny, I have laughed. I have teared up every time I read FMS. I have missed class and stayed up too late in order to read. I have even used the phrase "that's like saying a hurricane is kind of windy" after a friend got kind of drunk one night.

Most authors on this site ,or in general, create characters and a universe and then procced to beat it to death (Redwall! I dare anyone to read every book in that series they must be up to 20 now). I think you have 4 unique universes in your sci-fi alone. That kind of talent and immagination are so far beyond what most other writters are capable of doing and even the great ones do so inconsistantly. I crave your stories for their quality, uniquness, and language.

I could probably fan rant for a couple more paragraphs but I think I made my point. I look forward to the day I see a new submission by you, and even if I never do I thank you for the stories already given.

Also please never have the names of the two main characters start with the same letter.

Final note: I realize (sp) that I am an awful speller, there isn't a good way to spellcheck on a smartphone and comments lack the importace to deal with the bad ways :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Love It

This is probably the best I have ever read it is so awesome!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Outstanding

You write with such a flair. amazing.

Qui3t0n3Qui3t0n3over 12 years ago
Fuckn awesome

Like dat was 4 real yo keep doin ya 4 real fuckin awesome damn

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice

I loved the Caesar crossing the Rubicon reference. Spectacular.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
favorite story so far

i say so far because i'll have to read more of your stories and i'll probably change my mind :) btw i love the fact that shannon has a pet turtle. so cute!

me_kinme_kinabout 12 years ago
amazing

it's been a while since i read such a fantastic story.. it's in the way you write... it's amazing.. seriously.. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
part 2?

i'd really love to see where these two characters go! amazing story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sorry

I loved this story, but I accidentally pressed report story when I was going to the next page. So if anything goes wrong, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Don't worry, anon

you need to confirm the report before it's any. if you just clicked on it and you cancelled it, there's no report sent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

I have read a lot of short stories but none as powerful as this, witty, erotic and very sensitive to those who suffer from stammers. Awesome!!!!!!

IcyYewIcyYewover 11 years ago
Continuation?

This story was amazing and I'd love to see how Shannon and Sandra ended up.

Occasionally I skipped the sex scenes just to continue the story line. It was so deep and really got me attached to the characters. I loved the stutter as well.

Thank you for sharing this great piece of work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Oh my God, I've been breezing past this story for months now because I thought it would be about something else with a title like the Queen and the Soldier but this morning it just seemed like the time to give it a try and I'm soo glad i did! This is why they say don't judge a book by its cover haha. I loved it. I can't tell you how much Shannon reminds me of myself from the stuttering to the fighting--damn I loved this story and I'm sure I'll read it many times again in the future.

Seriously, you not publishing a novel would be doing the world a disservice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

A damned good story, well told.

HP

BahamaBahamaover 11 years ago
Bravo

That was an excellent story . Hope there's more from where that came from

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sequel?

Best story ive ever read. I hope i see a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Cliché-ridden. I'm afraid you lost me with the "thousand dollar suit" in the first paragraph. Expressions like "generous breasts" are a turn-off too; as is the standard porn-site sex scene at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

Good story, but Shannon really doesn't seem like a dress person. There would have been ways to make her look nicer without turning her into a girly girl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More...

This is a great story. It has the basis for an even better book! Wow! Great characters and plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Please let there be more to come!

Great story... great characters.

Nemo18Nemo18over 10 years ago
We need more

Please don't let this be the end!!! What about Jasmine? We have to see how Shannon comes out of shell! This can't be all of the story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
MORE

this was one of the best stories ive read. its my favorite :). YOU HAVE TO ADD MORE

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 9 years ago
Loved it, loved it so much

One of the better stories that I have read. I really can't say enough about this story. It had brought out both characters. In some ways I wish that it had gone on, more about meeting Sandra's family, but hey! Can't have everything.

acjones80acjones80over 9 years ago
Cute

More Please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
OMG OMG OMG

Thank you...

maddictmaddictabout 9 years ago
Pretty good.

Glad you brought it up, even if at the end. I thought Sandra was pushing (?) Shannon kinda hard, she didn't have friends and then hooked and reeled in by Sandra. I'm glad for a happy ending. Public sex I think only women should participate. Glad Shannons partner came around, all of us need to. To theLGTB community it takes time to change a society, I'm glad for everyone's patience. Hate and violence isn't going to fix any thing. Sorry for my outburst.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Adorable!

Thank you so much for that great read, I hope there's more!!! < 3

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank You

Wonderful. Intriguing story line, well written. Just an excellent tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
follow up

Would love to find out what happens to sandra and shannon if they stayed together

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awwwwwwww!!!!!!! it's so sweet!

Absolutely loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Perfect

I just love this amazing tale. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful

This was a wonderful slow burn love story, with Shannon emerging like a beautiful butterfly from a chrysalis of formless tracksuits and plimsoles and sensible knickers. Again, this story ends where a relationship between the two ladies begins, and we are left to guess how it develops. The only clue is that Sandra is taking Shannon to meet her parents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Love love love it

I would love to see a part 2, with Shannon gaining even more confidence, maybe an exchange of I love you's...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

would love to read a second part...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awesomely written

i am anxiously waitin' for a second part,with a more out goin' shannon,it's an amazin' story,its been rated a +100 by me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Amazing story. One of my favourites on this site. Shannon's stutter was extremely endearing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This story now ranks as one of my all time favorites. It deserves a follow-on. Unique interesting characters well developed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I really enjoyed this story, the characters were believable and, in this sort of context, that is very important. You can throw so much unbelievable fantasy into something and ruin it, but making the fantasy believable is for the best.

I am pleased to discover that, some 16 years later, there has been no sequel, no follow up; not that this could have been a bad thing but what would we have thought had the next part not been as good? On this site you can find so many attempts at gilding the lily that should never have happened that my heart always drops whenever I see that there is a part 2 in the members story list after reading an enjoyable story; off hand I cannot recall ever finding one that came close to the original.

I have not read any more of this author's stories, not yet, so I am not sure if this suggestion would be a waste - but this story really needed to be edited for spelling mistakes and other errors; when I write I find that, sometimes, my enthusiasm causes 'speeding' mistakes, ie in this story I encountered 'murder' when the what was being referred to was 'murderer'. Also it might help tidy up other problems and punctuation, etc. But I gave it 5 stars, just the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
W-O-W

i'm out of words. this is incredible!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Simply an excellent story

I admire your writing and regularly reread it all with great pleasure - 'The Queen and the Soldier' is simply the best short story I have read. It is beautifully constructed, the characters are interesting and engaging and as a reader I care about them and how they work though their issues. At the end I am left curious as to the future but knowing enough to feel confident that it will be at least as good as I hope even if I am not given the privilege of observing it.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you for this story

I worked in law enforcement for a number of years. I remember when women were integrated into our dept. Some were gay, some were not. Alot of male officers looked down on them. Proud to say I did not. Most people will never understands what it like to go to work not knowing if you will survive to go home to your family everyday. Even our spouses and partners never know the fear and the demons in our minds, or the scares in our souls. It does not matter if we are male or female, Gay or strait, we are brothers together. We our the thin blue line that protects society from evil and and anarchy. Stay safe my brothers and sisters!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
🥰

Part 2 PLEASE!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Plzzz

Part 2...? 😇

Harleytt0706Harleytt0706about 4 years ago

Part 2 PLEASE, we need to know what happens with these two. Tha k you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yes, I agree.

Yes, we do need a part two. The Fans are demanding it.

OxidaOxidaalmost 4 years ago
Love your writing!

Written in great detail! Love the tiny sprinkles and important notes for the whole picture. Can't wait for more (yes, I am hoping for part 2 as well) :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great writing

Beautiful story

TheserialwaffleTheserialwafflealmost 4 years ago
Great

The title kept me at some distance beCause I thought of some historical drama. But no, beautifull writing, not too much, very tender. You are great really

TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago

Wow! A wonderfully written love story. Lots of pain that leads to something very special. Thank you!

tedibabytedibabyabout 3 years ago
Lovely story

Absolutely, Shannon deserves a part two and part three!

Alpaca, you are a very good storyteller. Thank you for sharing with us.

xoxo,

tedi

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

A fine story. Not keen on a few words like "box" and "melons"... But the detail in the sex scenes and the evocation of character are great.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Evil Alpaca, you're picking on every dirty sick outcome this society provides and turn it into a mindful heartful intense tale ....... Have been reading so many of yours by now and that is some really rare precious soulful that you pick up on our sickness and give us readers the opportunity to think about ...... It was the same as with "Farmers" sentence ( about doctors without borders ) being helpless of the shit happen since the beginning of the human race ...... Thank you for this deepness you provide

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Evil Alpaca, you're picking on every dirty sick outcome this humanity provides and turn it into a mindful heartful intense tale ....... Have been reading so many of yours by now and that is some really rare precious soulful that you pick up on our sickness and give us readers the opportunity to think about ...... It was the same as with "Farmers" sentence ( about doctors without borders ) being helpless of the shit happen since the beginning of the human race ...... Thank you for this deepness you provide

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My god i need more of this story, PLEAAAAASE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ah me. It's twelve years between your last story and this comment. I don't know if you'll ever see this comment, but For What it's Worth, there's still somethin' happenin' here.

And thanks for the Petula Clarke reference, and sensitive treatment of the difficulty stuttering imposes.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

Loved it before...

Loved it again...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yet another very very moving story that just happens to include wonderful sex. Reading nearly all of this for the first time, what a treat, thanks

PensivePePensivePeabout 1 year ago

Several very moving moments to this extremely well written story. Oh, and the sex ain't bad....!

UncertainTUncertainT10 months ago

A beautiful story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous