All Comments on 'Sine Equals Cosine'

by elsol

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Untitled

I find myself spending the better part of half an hour trying to find words to describe this piece. I cannot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Another fantastic story by a fabulous writer

This is the second story I have read recently by this writer, and both were magnificent. As the previous commenter stated it is hard to find words to speak about this story. so I will just say Muchos Gracias.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Remarkable

This is a wonderful story. Oddly enough, it is only the sex scenes that are relatively clumsy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A wonderfully thought provoking story

I say forget the sex scenes, they really weren't necessary. True, the story wasn't a good fit as an erotic story. This story was as romantic as a story can be without the gratutious sex.

There are many kinds of love, and this story hit several without fail. The love of music intertwined with love of family, the love for a woman, and the heartbreaking images from his losses blended together passionately.

Thank you very much for sharing this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Wonderful

I loved this story.

While the erotica was well done, I agree with some of the other comments that it was not a good match for this story.

It was excellent none the less. The best I have ever read on Literotica.

LakotaMoonLakotaMoonabout 19 years ago
Excellent

Same problem here - lost for words. Excellent, deeply moving story. One of the best I've read here (and I don't say this lightly!) Erotic scenes? Well, not the best I've ever read, but good. But they are not what this story is about. I can't describe it - my English is not good enough for it.

Thank you for this story. Pieces like this keep up my hope for Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Brilliant & Moving

Just wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
stunned

freakin' amazing

kindashykindashyalmost 19 years ago
Wow!

One of the best I have read here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What...

My god, that was amazing. I will admit as a male I had tears in my eyes near the end. I skipped over the erotic scenes as the real story is what held me. Cut the erotic scenes and get it professionally published.

Overall absolutely beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
superb

I hope you realize that you have a superb gift that far surpasses any talent any of the other writers have here. You should not be posting on an erotic site. You have the talent that your character does, to make the entire audience feel it. Just superb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

You can do with pen and paper what your protagonist does with the guitar. Need I say more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Dos segundos en el sol

Me conmovió esta pequeña historia, entrañada entre música y sentimiento, entre amor y pudor, la psicología del protagonista cantando furiosamente. Por primera vez me encontré leyendo este tipo de historias -- experimentando con el frustrar de seres incógnitos, fantasías irreales de mentes apasionadas. Si Ud., señor autor, lee este comentario, por favor escríbame a whattosay at gmail dot com, pero traduzca lo primero al español. Espero que Ud. logre encontrarme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Re: Sine Equals Cosine

So raw. So much hurt and anger. And that is what makes it an amazing story. I think you can turn this into a novel and it would sell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Impressive

As an avid reader, and someone that enjoys this site, I have to say the power of this story was unexpected. Simply outstanding. I would hope an editor would read this and a similar story would follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Amazing

Haven't read a powerfully strong story like that in years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
What Standard to Use?

For this site, the story is mind blowing. Writing beyond what is normally posted, but I hesitate to leave that as the standard for which to judge the story. If I read this somewhere else I would have probably dismissed it as cliched and overly dramatic. The timeline is a mess, female characters are hollow, its a mix of fantasy and reality that works in comparsion to other stories on this site, but I would hesitate before proclaiming it a great story in general. Probably unfair, but the story failed to stimulate me in either way, sexually or emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
So beautifully sad

This story made me cry. I also liked the really clever verbal exchanges between the characters. Reading this was quite an experience.

geisha1982geisha1982over 16 years ago
One of the best

and believe me, I am really difficult.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Literature in the True Sense

So much beauty, pain and sadness. The knife-edge of disaster that each of us fears, with or without awareness. So much love, faith and humanity. Raw emotion and cogent insight.

This story is written beautifully on a level well above most commercial fiction. The content of the story is even more impressive. This is literature in the highest sense: art that expresses the meaning in human life.

I thank the author for his gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

excellent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
tri-fecta

a heart wrenching story that delves into love, death, and survival.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Awsome

An absolutely great story; full of heart-tugging emotion and a rare understanding.

Thank you for such a story.

HP

kraeflykraeflyover 12 years ago
This made me cry...

While I do have to agree with some of the comments, namely that the erotic part of the story had very little place, and that none of the other characters were developed, I still think it was stunning. You captured raw emotion in a way that is hard to do, and gave it a focus, and a purpose. If you were to develop the other characters, and remove the erotic scenes, I believe that this could easily be published. Good luck in your future literary endeavors, and never stop writing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TANGENTS ALSO APPLY

THE SUN OPENS AND ALL IS WELL. TK U MLJ LV NV an excellent rendition for all readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Poseur

I would have enjoyed this story, but there was this underlying feel that the protagonist was a poseur all the way through. The whole, I'm the best but I don't give a fuck `cos I'm too profound and sad and mature routine... It felt fake. He's not really consistent in the way he treats Dacia, for example... it's never well explained when he sings (or not) to her, how long she breaks up with him for etc. And he decides to stay with her (and the other chick, somehow...) even though she doesn't care about him, but just about his potential fame?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Master story that deserves a wider audience

As others have mentioned this is a master story but pedestrian erotica. The sex content should be deleted to allow publishing for the general public. To develop the other characters would diminish the emotional power of the focus on the protagonist. I could feel his emotional emptiness in a visceral way that built in the course of the story and would have been lost if interrupted by switching focus to other characters. The story does need a better title though.

Hmm. Looking at the author page it appears that he was very prolific for the first six months of 2005 and then nothing. I hope he graduated to publishing to a wider audience.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 9 years ago
Jesus!

I haven't cried like that in a long time

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sumptuous and sensual

An astonishing story. You have an artful and economical way with the words, and the sensuality and emotion are handled beautifully. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow

Astonishing! Stunning! Life changing experience

rayironyrayironyalmost 6 years ago
Splendid

You are a splendid and moving erotic writer, and very much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mi Amour

This is perhaps the best story I have read on this site, and I have read hundreds.

ltlblackdogltlblackdogover 3 years ago
I have a feeling I started at the top

I have only been a member of this site for a day. Have only read a few other stories prior to this one. Have to admit, the hook for me was the title; I am a nerdy engineer, so the math got me - LOL!

Either way, the story had me staying up past my usual "Lights out" time just so I could finish it. Writing is unique and engaging. Characters are interesting and non-cliche. If this is autobiographical, my condolences and respect for your ability to convey. If it is purely fiction, bravo for the execution and ambition!

Will be searching for your other writings here, if they exist. Thank you!

Amit2k1Amit2k1about 3 years ago

This was the most touching story I have read in a long long time! Thank you for sharing this!

rbloch66rbloch665 months ago

The love and passion in this story are almost beyond comprehension.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Heart-breakingly impassioned story of pure love. Tears just won't stop flowing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous