Dark Impulse Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His spirits, which had been down all morning, were lifted by these thoughts. He glanced at his watch, and saw that it was 10am. He had to get moving in order to catch his flight at noon.

He rushed down the stairs with his duffel bag, nearly bumping into Gerde at the bottom. He gave her Gran's number in New Orleans in case of an emergency, and stroked the baby's cheek before putting on his jacket.

"Gabriel."

Gabriel turned around to Gerde, his hand on the doorknob.

"Good luck with everything. I mean that."

He nodded, then gave her a smile. "Thanks a lot, Gerde."

* * *

After Gabriel left, Gerde went on with her normal routine of tidying the castle where it was needed. At one point, she needed to go to the market for supplies, so she took the opportunity to take the baby along for a nice stroll around the town.

When she returned a while later, it was noon. As she took off her coat, she noticed that the voice-mail indicator light was flashing. The number on the Caller ID was blocked out, and she warily pushed the "Play" button.

Feminine, heavy breathing. Gerde began to press the "Delete Message" button on the panel, convinced that it was a crank call, when a heartbreaking sob rose from the tape and stalled her.

Grace? Is that you?

The recorded message had no answer for her; the breathing and sobs continued for another minute or so, until the connection was severed with a hard click. She hadn't said a word, but she didn't have to; the message was clear. Gerde could feel the pain that came from the other side of the line in waves, and for the fourth time that day, she felt the sting of tears in her eyes.

Why didn't you say anything? What are you going through to feel such agony?

She checked the time of the call, and sighed in frustration; she had missed talking to Grace by less than half an hour.

If only I had been here when you called. But would you have talked to me if I had answered?

She checked the Caller ID again, but there was no way for her to know where the call originated from. With a sigh, she dialed Gabriel's cell phone. It rung three times before a recorded message came on, stating that his phone was turned off.

He must be on the plane by now.

"Damn it!" Gerde shouted angrily, and the baby started to cry in response. She rushed to unstrap her daughter from the stroller, rocking the baby in her arms to soothe her cries.

Gerde murmured a lullaby to her in German, and the baby soon fell asleep. She put the baby back in the stroller, and then sat down in a nearby chair; she was left alone with her thoughts, her hands pressed tightly against her closed eyes.

Gabriel, you must find her, and soon.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Heart of the Dragon Ch. 00 An ancient legacy.in Celebrities & Fan Fiction
The Silver Porche A car comes out of nowhere for sex adventure and time travel.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Triskele Collar Ch. 01 Book 2 - Welcome to the Demon Realm!in BDSM
Water the Fire A lonely girl crosses paths with a fire breather's son.in Romance
Peridur and Eleanor Ch. 01 The adventures of two Soulbound elven lovers.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories