The Other Woman

Story Info
Can she save her husband from the Angel?
1.1k words
4.32
99.7k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
leapyearguy
leapyearguy
2,238 Followers

"Come on Wilbur, it's time. Come with me Sugar, we have to leave."

Those words woke the woman from her fitful sleep, but she heard them as plain as day. As her eyes grew accustomed to the dark surroundings, she could just make out the shadowed presence standing by their bed. By the size and shape, it was impossible to tell who or what was there. The voice however, had been distinctly feminine, sultry and deep, but feminine just the same. Was she dreaming? No, this was real, she'd never had those kinds of dreams before.

Not sure of the consequences, she felt compelled to ask, "Who are you, what do you want with my husband?"

"Go back to sleep Jayne, this is no concern of yours," came the answer.

"You come into my house in the middle of the night and you dare to say this doesn't concern me, what kind of fool do you take me for?" she asked with scorn.

"Oh sweet Jayne, You are the biggest fool. You cheat on your husband, you justify your actions by telling yourself "He'll never know, just one more time," yet Jayne, he does know. He's known almost from the start. Wilbur trudges on in life with the hope that someday you will stop your affairs, he prays daily that today will be the day. He begs that you will somehow see the error of your actions and return your love to him, and him alone.

"He loves you Jayne, with a love that you will never comprehend. He overlooks your shortcomings, and what do you repay him with but lies and deceit. You should have realized by now that Wilbur is one of a kind. He is the man that supported you when you failed to conceive, he stood by you in those dark days of depression. He was the man that insisted it wasn't your fault, he took the blame for your inadequacies. This man bore the brunt of your anger, when even you understood it wasn't his fault.

"A love that deep Jayne, should be treasured and rewarded, it should be held on a pedestal for all to see. But alas, you did nothing to acknowledge the passion, you cast it away with a shrug. You Jayne, see fit to repay this man with a cold shoulder. Tell me Jayne, when was the last time you made love to him?"

"It was just last..." Jayne stammered.

"No Jayne, I'm not asking about that tawdry emotionless display of guilt last month. When Jayne did you last feel the adoration that you once did, the joy of love for this man. It has been several years Jayne, years that you gave to others, years that you can never repeat or reclaim. You stole that time and sold it to your lovers Jayne, but now it will be you that pays the penalty."

"What are you saying, what do you mean by penalty? Surely you're not expecting me to believe that you're going to take him from me? He won't go, he loves me and would never think of such a thing," Jayne retaliated.

"Jayne, Jayne, Jayne, my dear girl, you have no say in this matter. This is strictly between Wilbur and me, shortly we will walk out that door together, arm in arm, never to return."

"I won't allow it, you can't just barge in here and take him, it's me that he loves, Wilbur would never leave me for another woman," Jayne stood her ground, "If he leaves with you, it will be over my dead body," Jayne professed.

A deep throaty laugh ensued, "Do not tempt me Jayne, that could certainly be arranged, but I am not here for "you" just yet. Your time will come soon, soon enough, and when I come for you, there will be no one there to beg for a reprieve. No one to grieve your departure from this earth, you will beg for me to take you away from your miserable existence."

Jayne was trying hard to understand what was happening. Wilbur was being taken, but by who, where was he going, why wouldn't he return? Who was this cloaked figure that had come uninvited into her home? Why would anyone want to take Wilbur away? "He wasn't much of a man, he didn't look the same as he had thirty years ago. He was loosing his hair and had gained weight, sure he provided a good life for them both, but did that make up for all of the time that she had been left alone. He wasn't a happy man anymore, it was hard to sit in the same room with him while he looked at her with his sad pitiful eyes." Jayne thought to herself.

The voice had threatened her, what did she mean by that. "No one to grieve my departure, humph, there would be plenty of people that would be sorry if I were gone. I can think of at least... Well, there is... no, we haven't spoken at all since she found out about my affair with Harry. Surely Harry would care if... " And suddenly she began to see.

"Poor Jayne, I hate to interrupt you thoughts, but it is time for me to go. I have other appointments to keep, Wilbur and I will be going now."

"No please don't take him, he's all I've got. How will I go on without him. I beg you, please, you have to give me another chance. I can change, I will change, it will be better, you'll see. I love him, it's just that..." Jayne sobbed.

"The time for atonement is past Jayne, his heart is broken beyond repair. You will live like you have in the past, you didn't need Wilbur then, did you Jayne. He was treated like an old unloved faithful dog. You kicked him, but he was still there to lick your hand. Trust me Jayne, he will be happier now, and you can lead your life alone without fear of him finding the truth, the truth that he already knows."

Jayne reached for Wilbur, "He would make this better, he always had. He could tell her to leave, he'll protect me from her. Everything would be as it once had, Wilbur loves me," she thought. His face felt cold to the touch, Jayne clutched her heart. She instinctively knew that Wilber was gone.

Through her tears, she saw a transparent Wilbur sit up and stretch the sleep away. The opaque lifeless shape remained as her former lover rose and accepted the outstretched hand extended to him. He smiled back at Jayne, his arms locking together with the Angel of Death. He gave her a little wave, then turned his hand and extended his middle finger to her. Jayne read his lips for the last time, as he seemed to say "Up yours Jayne."

leapyearguy
leapyearguy
2,238 Followers