The Equinox Experiment

Poem Info
85 words
4.44
3k
0
6
Poem does not have any tags
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rybka
Rybka
1 Followers

I tramped the fields of spring today
to catch the sun's first scarlet ray
and while awaiting day to grow
heard psalm in voice of dove and crow.

I drove my stakes in frozen clay
to fix the sun with solar stay
and watched as morning brightness grew
till spring's first rays a shadow threw.

Out in my field of last year's hay
where summer boys and calves will play
I measured lines and angles straight
and now for spring's first sunset wait.


Rybka
Rybka
1 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
5

I liked it in the thread on Earth Day and I like it here.

Smooth rhyme is cool and the subject was clear. sand

RybkaRybkaalmost 18 years agoAuthor
The story behind the poem

Thank you everyone who has commented or sent feedback. A few have asked the meaning of the poem. Well, this poem arose from a discussion on a Florida fishing forum where someone stated that at the equinox the sun rose directly east and set directly west of all observers. Several of us jumped on this and the suggestion was made that an actual experimental observation should be made with stakes and string; compass and protractor. ~ Hence the poem; telling of my experiment in a frozen New Hampshire meadow on March twenty first.

(ps: Of course the sun does not rise directly east nor set directly west in the states. The equinox is when the sun crosses the equator and only there does it rise and set directly east & west.)

Rybka

My Erotic TrailMy Erotic Trailalmost 18 years ago
excellent

first day of spring poetry, wonderful and very well written.

Maria2394Maria2394almost 18 years ago
mmmmm :)

lovely, lovely work, Rybka. I dont usually care much for rhyme, but you did this the way rhyme should be done. It didnt slap me and scream,Im a poem because I rhyme, dammit!!

excellent work :)

maria

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 18 years ago
~~

A nice write; the only problem is, I look outside and all is white as more confectioner's sugar falls from the sky.

Show More
Share this Poem