The Devil Buys My Soul Ch. 03-04

Story Info
Things are worse than expected, but there's hope & Lillith.
9.3k words
4.71
65.8k
14

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/15/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,325 Followers

Chapter Three

"Finally," I grumbled. Half my time and a quarter of a year wasted. Three months of Sandy having to do whatever Shelly commanded! The mere thought of it angered me. It also filled me with guilt.

"So, you found them."

I ignored the speaker and focused on Shelly and Sandy. They were lying by the pool in bikinis. I wasn't really surprised to see Tyler with them. Shelly was enthroned in the center lounge chair with Tyler on her right and Sandy on her left. The hotel was very busy and almost every chair was occupied. All three of them were getting more than their fair share of attention from the rest of the people around the pool.

"And you were worried! Sandy looks fine. Actually, better than fine!" the presence next to me said as I did my best to continue to ignore him. "In fact, there are five men and one woman daydreaming right now about what they would like to do with her. One of them is into some really sick stuff. He wants to..."

"Why are you here?" I asked, cutting him off. I knew it was a mistake to engage in conversation with him, but it was probably equally a waste of time trying to ignore him.

"I missed you!" he grinned. I fought back a smile and rolled my eyes.

"Part of the deal is for you not to interfere," I said.

"I'm not interfering," he insisted.

"Bull!" I growled. His grin turned into a laugh.

"Two months in the hospital seems to have affected your sense of humor," he teased.

"Don't remind me!" I growled, and then rubbed my face with my hands as I remembered the last two months. "The daily sessions with the psychologist were particularly enjoyable."

"What? You look better than you have in years," he replied. I glanced at him for the first time. He was wearing a bathing suit and was drawing quite a few looks from the women near us. He didn't look exactly the same as the last time, but close enough.

"I miss Ted," I said with a sigh, surprising myself.

"Yes, I did have some fun with that persona," he said, smiling oddly. It sounded like he really meant it. "Do you remember the time we pushed Tommy Fanti into the girls locker room?"

"How could I forget? He paid us each ten bucks to do it!" I grinned despite myself. "He really had a thing for Teresa Carlyle."

"He was also one of the horniest little bastards in our class," he added with a snort and a shake of his head. "I'm surprised he didn't bring a camera with him!" We looked at each other and laughed.

"I hear he became a graphic artist," I said, once we were done.

"Yes," he said, nodding in agreement. "He and Teresa have four children with a fifth on the way."

"Any of it your doing?" I asked, sobering significantly. He shook his head.

"No," he sighed. "They were already deeply in love by the time they turned eighteen."

"But you tried," I said knowingly.

"Of course I tried," he said with a shrug. "Who would have thought that someone as horny as Tommy would pass up a chance at a succubus?"

"Good for him!" I said, smiling. I always liked Tommy. "Even you can't interfere with true love."

"I don't know," he replied offhandedly. "You claim to be in love with Sandy and you had no problem accepting Lillith's attention."

"I didn't sell my soul for Lillith! I sold if for a chance to help Sandy!" I cried, surprised by the vehemence of my reaction.

"A bit sensitive, aren't we?" he teased. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Lillith was a mistake, but I paid for it with three months of my life," I said more calmly.

"She misses you, you know," he said seriously. I snorted. Like a succubus could miss anyone! "She's available if you'd like to see her again. Now that you know her nature it shouldn't be too hard to avoid her trap."

" 'Satan, get thee behind me!'," I said with a shake of my head. He rolled his eyes.

"Not interested?" he asked, but he already knew my answer.

"As Scotty once said, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!'," I replied. We looked at each other and laughed again as we remembered the past once more. Television was a shared vice of ours. We used to stay over each other's houses and watch it until the wee hours of the morning.

"You're full of quotes today," he teased, but I didn't react. I realized that I was letting him distract me again.

"Look, Ted and I had fun, but he's gone. I've learned to accept that..." I said. He cut me off before I could continue.

"Are you sure?" Satan asked. I looked up and there was Ted. He had that same lopsided grin, and the same carefree expression that often preceded my doing something stupid. I sighed as I admitted, at least to myself that those stupid things were also some of the most fun times I had growing up.

"I'm sure," I said, but it wasn't easy.

"Shame," he replied, shifting shapes once again. I think he really meant it.

"Why are you here?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Just checking up on you," he said. "After all, your time is already half way gone and you haven't made a single wish. I'm a bit surprised."

"You!" I snapped. "Do you have any idea how hard it was not to wish myself out of that hospital? I spent two months trying to convince doctors that I was healthy enough and sane enough to be let out! I still have to visit a psychiatrist once a week."

"You should have used a wish," Satan said with a shake of his head.

"No," I sighed. "I thought about it in the beginning, but I was too weak at first. It would have cost two wishes for me to be free. The first to make myself healthy and the second to escape the hospital."

"So? That would still have left you one wish," he replied. I ignored him and turned back to Sandy and the others. They were standing to leave. "You know if you hoard your wishes too long, something may happen that stops you from using them altogether."

"You can't interfere because that part of the deal," I said, watching the three others leave the area. I started following them, the Devil stayed with me.

"I'm not talking about me," he said conversationally. "Life is short! Just because I can't cause a car to hit and kill one of you, that doesn't mean it won't happen."

"I'll take that chance," I shrugged. "Besides, I think I'll be using those wishes real soon anyway."

"Have a plan, do we?" he said with a raised eyebrow.

"I've spent a lot of time thinking about this over the last two months. I'm going to start with an honest offer," I replied, figuring there was nothing he could do to stop me.

"To Shelly?" he said in disbelief. "She doesn't have an honest bone in her body. It's a waste of time!"

"Maybe, but it's my time, so get lost. I have things to do."

"Nasty, nasty," he tsked, but then smiled and disappeared. I took a deep breath and quickly caught up to the others. I was nearly on them when Shelly noticed me.

"What do you want?" she snapped.

" 'To make you an offer you can't refuse'," I said, grinning to myself. I thought I heard someone laughing in the distance. I really did miss Ted.

"Get lost!" Tyler growled.

"What the matter Tyler? Still no relief?" I asked cruelly. He turned an angry red and took a step toward me. I smiled and asked, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Tyler looked at me and frowned. It took him a few moments to notice that I was no longer heavy. Two months in a hospital with nothing but time on my hands had done wonders. I'd taken full advantage of the exercise equipment during my sessions of rehabilitation. I had free reign the last month and using the weight machines and treadmill was the only thing that kept me sane at times.

"Tyler, don't bother," Shelly said offhandedly. "He didn't stop being a loser just because he lost some weight." Tyler backed off. It gave me time to look at Sandy. She had her head cocked slightly to one side.

"You look good," she said, but didn't sound happy about it.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Shelly looked at Sandy as if remembering something.

"Sandy was concerned after the reunion. You arrived with Ted," she said knowingly.

"So, that's how he lost the weight! Ted," Tyler said, but he didn't seem to be enjoying the possibility as much as Shelly.

"How else?" Shelly put in. She was smiling now. It wasn't pleasant. "Make a deal with good old Ted, did you?"

"Yes, but not the kind you think," I replied.

"You didn't sell your soul?" Shelly asked with a raised eyebrow. I looked around uncomfortably. We were still in the hotel lobby.

"Yes, I did," I replied, and then clarified. "I just didn't do it to lose weight." I saw Sandy's face fall. I wanted to let her know I did it for her, but now wasn't the time. She'd understand once this was all over.

"Oh man, that was a mistake. I'm sorry," Tyler said, sounding honestly bad for me. "His deals always backfire."

"I know," I replied. The look in Tyler's face showed just how hard his own deal was on him. "But I'm hoping I've worked it carefully enough to avoid his little tricks."

"You and everyone else!" Shelly snorted. "Now why don't you disappear? Just because we all have a relationship with Ted, that doesn't mean we are friends."

"Ease up Shelly," Tyler said, surprising me.

"No!" she snapped, and then made the reason for her attitude plain. "He's only here because of Sandy, and she's mine!"

"Is that true?" Sandy asked.

"Yes, I'm here for you," I replied honestly.

"Oh no!" she cried. "You fool!" I shrugged. She was taking it rather badly. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was just the same.

"Well, you can't have her! Even Ted can't take her from me now!" Shelly cried. She was trying to sound more confident then she was actually feeling.

"You're right," I replied, and then asked, "Can we go to your room and discuss this in private?"

"There is nothing to discuss!" Shelly said smugly now that I verified the fact that 'Ted' couldn't take Sandy from her.

"Of course there is," I said with a smile. "I want you to free Sandy."

"Are you mad!" Shelly laughed. I smiled.

"Perhaps, but you don't know what I have to offer you in return." This caused Shelly's eyes to narrow. She was thinking quickly.

"There is nothing you have that I want," she said more calmly.

"Shelly, you more than most know that everything has its price. Even a soul," I replied confidently. She watched me carefully for a moment.

"Let's go," she finally said and led the way to the elevator. Sandy moved silently. She refused to even look at me, but tears fell from her eyes continually. Tyler followed behind. He looked miserable. He seemed to be taking my deal rather badly.

"Remember the Hautman game freshman year?" he asked me as the elevator made it's way to their floor.

"Not really," I replied.

"Sure you do," Tyler insisted. "We were getting beat bad. They had that monster linebacker who kept blitzing. He sacked me two out of the first three plays. The coach moved you to fullback."

"Oh yeah," I said as the memory slowly came back. It was a crazy move, but Tyler insisted that we try it. I didn't know anything about playing fullback, but I knew how to protect my quarterback.

"You're only job was to keep him off of me. I made a deal with you in the huddle. You'd protect me from him and I'd win the game," Tyler said.

"I remember," I said, not really sure where he was going with this memory.

"You did your part and we won," Tyler said, and then he sighed and added, "Sorry I couldn't return the favor and protect you from the monster this time."

I was stunned. The Tyler I remembered most times was the Tyler from senior year. He was an egocentric bastard. He never had anything positive to say about anyone but himself. Tyler acted as if he carried the entire football team on his shoulders. He was universally hated by his teammates by the time the season ended.

For a moment I tried to think back to before senior year. Tyler had a big ego even back then, but then again, I'd never met a quarterback who didn't. Yet, he could also be a decent guy. He was loyal to his teammates and not afraid of praising those who helped him. We were never great friends, but we got along.

"Not your fault," I said, not sure what else I could say.

"Oh please!" Shelly snapped as the elevator door opened. She exited with Sandy on her heals. Tyler followed next. I brought up the rear and tried to gather my thoughts. Both Sandy and Tyler were throwing me off balance by their reactions. I needed to focus if I was going to succeed.

I sighed and caught up to the others. We entered their hotel room. It was actually a suite. The view was beautiful and the room luxurious, but I ignored it all and watched Shelly. She was the key.

"Let's get this over with," she said as she sat on the couch. She moved liked she owned the place. "What do you have to offer that you think would cause me to release Sandy?"

"What do you want?" I replied. She shook her head.

"Sandy, come run my feet," she demanded. "This is going to take a while if he keeps this up." Sandy did what she was told. It bothered me, but I ignored it.

"Well then, since you seem in such a rush, let me be blunt," I smiled, not really meaning it. "I have at my disposal three wishes. I'm willing to exchange them for Sandy's freedom."

"What?" Tyler cried. Sandy's head snapped up briefly before she returned to what she was doing.

"What's the catch?" Shelly asked carefully.

"There is none," I replied, but then I sighed and added, "At least none that I'm adding to the ones that the Devil already has as part of the deal."

"I'd prefer to use the name Ted," Shelly said, looking uncomfortable.

"Why?" I asked in surprise. "Ted is just a persona of the Devil. We all know that."

"Because I want you to!" she snapped. This shocked me even more until I guessed the real reason for her reaction. Shelly must not have accepted the reality of what she did by making a deal with Satan. Somewhere deep inside she was trying desperately to rationalize.

"I'm sorry," I said. She thought I meant for using the Devil's real name, but I really meant for the rude awakening she was going to get once she died. Tyler met my gaze and nodded. He understood.

'You are so right!' I heard whispered in the back of my mind. There was laughter as well.

'Didn't you agree not to interfere?' I asked silently.

'Who is interfering?' I heard in reply. I sighed and shook my head.

"Well, what kind of catch?" Shelly snapped.

"The most pertinent is that the wish can't undo anything involving a deal the D..., I mean Ted, made for anyone's soul," I said, cursing myself under my breath for almost using the D-word again.

"Damn!" Tyler cried. Sandy looked sadder if at all possible.

"What else?" Shelly asked. She seemed unsurprised by the stipulation.

"Well, about what you'd expect," I replied with a sigh. "The wishes have to be used for selfish reasons or to harm someone. They can't be anything too outlandish. For instance, you can't wish to be a god or to have all of the money in the world."

"Well then, what good is it?" Shelly asked snidely.

"You tell me," I replied, but she sat there silently waiting for me to continue. This was turning out far harder than I thought it would be.

'I told you so!' Satan said in the back of my mind again.

"Shut up!" I snapped aloud.

"Pardon me?" Shelly asked with a raised eyebrow. I blushed slightly in embarrassment. She laughed before adding, "Ted whispering in your ear?"

"Yes, how did you know?" I asked in surprise.

"He does the same thing to me," she replied with a grin that faded as she added, "Although not recently." I nodded to myself.

"That's part of the deal too," I explained. "He can't affect you, Sandy or I, either directly or indirectly. Our lives are our own to live." Shelly smiled widely. She was obviously happy about something, but I was interrupted by a question from Tyler before I could try and see what.

"But you can hear him?"

"He can contact me and make me offers that I can either accept or decline," I replied.

"They're traps!" Tyler snapped.

"I know," I sighed. "I knew it before, but that didn't stop me from accepting his first offer."

"Bad?" Tyler asked.

"Only if you considering almost dying and being locked up for a few months," I replied with a sad smile.

"That's actually pretty good," Tyler said knowingly.

"I was lucky."

'It's nice to see that you realize it,' the voice said in the back of my mind.

'You're interfering!' I snapped.

'No, I'm not,' Satan replied. 'You're the one who gave my presence away.' I sighed to myself.

'That's still indirectly interfering,' I replied. 'If you have a gift to offer then do so, otherwise leave!' I heard his laughter. It faded quickly.

"Are you back with us?" Shelly asked, obviously aware that I was conversing with the Devil.

"Yes," I replied with a sigh.

"Well then, why don't you leave," she snapped. "I'm not interested in your wishes!"

"I could wish for your singing career to take off. You could be a superstar in months, days even!" I offered. She smiled.

"I don't think I'll be needing your help for that," she said, surprising me.

"What?" I said intelligently.

"About three months ago my singing career started taking off. Next week I leave for a three-month tour of Europe. I expect that I'll be a superstar by the time I return," she answered with a slow smile. I groaned as she continued. "I couldn't understand it at the time, but now I do."

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked. I already knew the answer and it didn't make me happy.

"Ted was the reason why someone with my looks and voice couldn't get anywhere. Every time I came close to signing a record deal or getting a really important gig, something would happen to foul it up," she replied. Tyler nodded in understanding, but Shelly continued anyway. "But not anymore. He made Ted promise not to interfere with me anymore. I finally have the chance to be the superstar I always knew was inside of me!"

"I'm happy for you," Tyler said. He sounded serious. She smiled.

"I hate to break up this little celebration, but I still want you to free Sandy," I sighed.

"I don't have any intention of releasing her. You don't have anything I want," Shelly said in dismissal. "Now get out."

'So much for your first plan,' the Devil said in my mind.

'You're right,' I replied with a mental shrug. 'But you'll love plan B.' I could feel him reading my mind. I pushed him out, but not before he got a general idea of what I planned.

'Ah! That's more like it!' he said and then fell silent.

"Shelly, you seem to forget that I still have three wishes at my disposal," I said evenly. "I'll have to find another use for them if you don't exchange Sandy for them."

"You wouldn't dare!" Shelly cried. I laughed, but stopped abruptly when I realized it reminded me of the Devil's laughter.

"Shelly, I sold my soul in order to free Sandy," I replied. "Do you really think I'm going to let you stop me so easily?"

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked.

"Don't be so dense!" Shelly snapped. "He can wish for my death if I don't release Sandy."

"Oh," Tyler said before looking at me more carefully. He smiled after a moment and added, "He's not the type. Besides, that will kill Sandy as well."

"You might be right," I replied with a shrug. I turned to Shelly and added, "But I can confidently say that I have no problem wishing for you to be a failure for the rest of your life. If I wish it, you will never be a superstar no matter how good a voice you have."

"You bastard!" Shelly cried. I shrugged. I'd been called worse for better reasons. Well, maybe not.

"So what's it going to be?" I asked.

"How do I know you really have the power to grant wishes?" she asked, obviously stalling.

"Oh please!" I said with a roll of my eyes.

"No, really," she insisted. "I'm not saying that you didn't make a deal with Ted, but I don't really know what for. Besides, all of his deals have a catch. For all I know, whatever wish you make will backfire."

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,325 Followers