A Big Joke on Us

Story Info
You want free speech? Then you need honesty first!
761 words
18.7k
2
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey, you! Yes, you! Sit down for a moment and keep me company. Why? Well, because I want to tell you about how "free speech" as we call it is completely fuckin' flawed!

Calm the fuck down, please! You can put down your guns and lawsuits for a moment so as to hear me out first. I was a little hasty... free speech isn't flawed but rather those sad little monkeys who are gifted/cursed with it. How's that, you bellow? It's not pretty but sit down here and slide a little closer while I whisper sweet bullshit in your ear.

We don't have the freedom to say what we want. No, I don't mean all the warm shit faced fucking fuzzy blight upon the land that the sadists among us call "political correctness" but something far more ugly. How ugly? Try picturing Dick Cheney having sex with his clone. With the lights on. And... Hey! Quit vomiting on my fucking shoes, they cost me twenty bucks!

If you done playing show and fucking tell all over the damn (or is it now blessed?) floor, I'll get serious. Done? Good. Dammit, breathe through your fucking nose puke breath! Where's those fucking Mentos punks when I need them?

Now, seriously fun is fun but discussing free speech never is anymore. Why? Because we're our own worst fucking nightmares when it comes to utilizing the 1st Amendment. Anytime someone other than ourselves openly uses free speech, it spins us up into that state of mind Buddha calls a pure atomic fuck ton of pissed off! Why? Because we all know deep down that we don't have idea one about what to do with it for ourselves.

How's that, you whimper? Easy, we censor ourselves in ways that would make the FCC cream their dirty little cotton panties. Don't believe me? Alright, tell me about how many times you've wanted to stand in a chair and scream like a fucking lunatic about something that is so fucked up beyond belief, you swear that Ashton Kutcher must be hiding some where nearby laughing at your pain? You've choked down that "HURRY THE FUCK UP, YOU MORON" countless times in a grocery store. You keep that little demon in your mind chained up since he keeps asking to slit your neighbor's throat every time you hear them turn on their Ear Melter 9000 Radio at 3 A-fucking-M in the morning! You grin like an idiot instead of screaming at your spouse "NO, I'M NOT EATING ANYMORE FUCKING LOW CARB ANYTHING, SO NOW BRING ME GREASY HOT FRENCH FRIES SMOTHERED IN CHOCOLATE WHIP CREAME" when they decided to bring home the latest diet fad that Hollywood is shilling.

We choke down our true feelings and then sit around complaining about how there is no honesty in the world anymore. Why should there be? If we were honest with ourselves then we would be honest with each other. We tell lies for what ever reason; we don't want to hurt feelings, ruin someone's reputation, or feel rejected because whoever doesn't fucking agree. We have these confused and conflicting brainwashed rules in our head (courtesy of each other) that spout all of this bullshit about what we should and should not do for this and that.

There's an old joke out there about the wife who asks her husband for a comment regarding the outfit she's wearing and gets a rather less than favorable crude response. The joke has been around forever but both men and women keep repeating it because we all secretly wish upon a star more than Geppetto about that kind of TRULY FREE AND OPEN COMMUNICATION. Free of guilt and free of worry. Speech is about communication, plain and fucking simple. So "free speech" should be about the ability to freely communicate whatever, whenever, whyever, to whoever, with whatever. That is it.

The 1st Amendment should have contained a clause about honesty somewhere. If so, then we wouldn't be sitting here arguing over the damn thing and there would be no running off to the Supreme Court to cry all over their robes like kids who just got rolled by Nelson Muntz.

This is why we get all fucked fired up over the 1st Amendment. Every time we hear about someone trying to fuck with it for what ever reason, it serves to remind us of how fatally fucking flawed we are as human beings.

Sad, huh? Thought so. Now why don't you run off and let me finish enjoying what's left of my buzz.

  • COMMENTS
11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
One ex-Sailor's rebuttal to another

I understand your justifications but when you revert to your "Sailor Mouth" you are pretty much putting yourself down below a level that most ordinary people would tolerate (how many times has the "F" word been used to get our attention until the whole idea, itself, is just a tired cliche). It goes back to the very idea about why you shouldn't yell "Fire!" in a movie theater full of people. There should be some kinds of self-censure just so that society can get along as a society, otherwise we become an anarchy and we all know how long that will last. Where the problem lies is with the Clergy and the Religious Right in Washington that would have you believe that they should dictate anything and everything that you hear, see or read as a society. You got the wrong argument, boy. Try again.

sacksackalmost 19 years ago
very courageous!

but you could have streamlined this a bit, so it doesn't read like a passionate rant. I have nothing against a rant per se, it usually makes you feel better afterwards. But there are just too many ideas here that ideally deserve a much more in depth treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Stupid Is Forever!

The uneducated can be educated ... but stupid is forever!

Ghost TeaGhost Teaalmost 19 years agoAuthor
Author's Response: My choice to decide?

Yes, I do rant a lot but that's because I haven't been allowed to for the past eight years while serving in the Navy. I was trying to make everyone see what an issue self-censure is because no one really has total control over it.

You think that you have control over self-censure in the real world? At the public beach near where I'm stationed, they have signs that read "NO *#@%! at anytime". If I want to call my lover an obscene word, I can at least think about it, because I don't have to worry about getting thrown in the slammer. Self-censure comes into play for that but there is no such thing as self-censure when Officer Barbrady can lock you up with a 400 pound cave man (who was named "Alice" by the way) for identifying the lawman as an asshole!

Yes, going to that beach is my choice but, if you look very carefully next time you go out, you will see rules and regulations governing behavior all over the fucking place! You can't decide about yelling at the cashier in a mall because it's against the mall's "Code of Conduct" and they'll toss you out on your ass in seconds. You have no self-control anymore because just about every authority figure you encounter has decided your level of control for you (as being disagreable creates a "disturbance" for others).

Uncle Sam has already strangled your self-censure with things like "public decency" laws which can cover anything from kicking a tree to kissing your uncle. You have no real choice internally if the external choice has been made punishable by some outside entity whether they be friends, family, society, or the government.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Missed the mark

You completely missed the mark. What you describe is a self imposed limit or what is otherwise known as self-discipline. One may use whatever criteria they wish to temper what they say or write but so long as the limits are their own, they are the exercise of one's freedom.

Censorship on the other hand is the external imposition of such restraints, especially when those limits are imposed and enforced by government officials.

When a parent imposes free speech limits on a child, e.g., the use of profanity or other things the parent deems offensive, they are effectively censoring them but they are also trying to instill a similar value system in their children based on their own values of self-discipline, decorum and perhaps common courtesy and a respect for others.

And once a child leaves his parents' support, he is then free to retain those instilled limits or modify them to his own temperament. Thus, it is not in a strict sense censorship.

But when those limits are imposed by an authority to exercise such power over the entire life and scope of activity of the individual, specifically government, it is then the evil of censorship.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Cocksucking Master Class Literally, instructions on how to suck cock.in How To
Tips for Giving Great Blowjobs Some Tips for Giving Great Blowjobs!in How To
How to Slut Training A discussion about slut training.in How To
Morning Milk - Lesbian Lovers Before long I was doing what felt so completely natural...in Lesbian Sex
Sativa Smoke and a Sensuous Stroke Relieving stress when I get home from work.in Toys & Masturbation
More Stories