Dance of a Kiss

Story Info
Tower of love & doom's annual Challenge is kissed.
3.5k words
4.42
17.1k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

by My Erotic Tale and Du Lac

(Thank You Du Lac for the EDIT and adding your special touch to my tale. This story has been touched by the Du~ Thank You~)

The Challenge~

Thundering rumble of horses in flight. Banded together in an all out spree across the burning sands of a scorching plane. Dust cloud bellowed behind the riders, racing toward the Tower of Love or Doom. Nostrils flaring with winded mane, neck and neck lashings to get the beasts to spurt into a lead ahead of the others. To win the Valentine Day Challenge.

"Yah!" Yelled out loudly from polished armor. Slapping the reigns wildly encouraging his steed to give its all. Forearms grasp from a shoulder to shoulder shove only fueled a competitive fury. Elbow jabs and unbalanced brush between the lot. The sound of steel against steel as a sword was drawn.

Black leather with metal chest and back plates wheedled, its blade wildly over a dark demon black horse. Crashing into steel shielded covers from unjust strikes. Again and again the sword struck those near enough to feel it's weight.

The blade swung wide crashing into the shining helmet of Rajar. Unknowing it's approach and caught off guard he fell from his horse with a thud in the hot gritty sand. Bouncing several times then body rolled into a still as dead, stop.

"Hold me," she sighed. Long silken blonde hair laid against his bare shoulder. Holding love in a lovers embrace. Heart pounding strongly from a release of passion's grasp. nestled into one another in stillness. Absorbed in an aroma of endorphins. The after math of rapid serps to calm spent tightened muscles release.

Heavy breaths rest as the two held each other in the night's silence. Small stir of legs sensual brushes ignite finger twirls. For this was the last time he had laid this still and recalled its presence.

~~~~~~~~~~

Opened eyes slowly to a blistering brightness. His ears ringing and head pounding in irregular tone. The feel of warmth of wetness ran down his neck. He knew it was blood. But his boiling blood of love and vengeance was even hotter. His slow rise clanked from weighted metals clash.

His unbalanced stand was taxing with pain. His hands instinctive cupped his helmet and slowly removed it's dented pressure from his skull. Tossing it effortlessly away into the dust, the world of safety discarded. This Man swayed, standing in the sun with a burning desire for victory. Left behind, watching the trail of dust getting thinner.

A slight whistle summoned a white and gray steed. 'Powdered with age and wisdom' his father told him when he had given him his blessing into the world of manhood. His quest for love began that day. That day he first mounted the Ghost Horse to seek the realm of his dreams wishes. The bread crumb trail that led him to the Challenge.

A grip at base mane and slung to higher perch. Rajar regained his strength by grasping his dream in hand and heel tapping the horse in the gut, to go. Yelling in pain and charge while thrusting his arms in setting his steed's pace of haste.

Rhythm of hoofs pawing for more and more in drum beating time. Lowered into a ride across winds of fate and destiny. Rajar raged as a spear through a stream of dust that raised in his wake across blistering sands. Pursuit of a challenge that may lead him to his own doom. But love guides him like a flower to the sun.

~~~~~~~~~~

"My soul has never felt like this before," Rajar proclaimed.

"Oh," she questioned. "And how might that be?" Her smile was golden lip pale. Biting her bottom lip seem to be a habit when her thoughts were ... in depth. And her eyes lowered only to glance up again. Curling up into herself, drawing another inward. Into her realm, into her wishes. Her eyes were two pools of desire when she moved her curves sensually in innocence of her jest.

"I feel flush ... yet strangely and wickedly stronger. Bolder perhaps. I instinctively wish to grasp you lightly and embrace your sweetness." Rajar said solemnly.

"Well, that's encouraging. I too seem to feel ...drawn to your ... confidence." She slighted.

"Confidence?" Rajar questioned. His eyes locked on an enchanting allure of a desert flower for the first time.

"Yes confidence, when I saw you ride up on that smoke colored horse. I knew you were not a man from this valley. You seem to ride a bit higher in the saddle. Perhaps you haven't yet encountered my fathers men." She said in boldness. Swirling like an adolescent around the tent poles at the market.

That was the first time Rajar met Salindra. His heart has kept his mind tangle ever since. He should have fled this part of the country right then. But his passion kept him in hopes of another encounter. Just like his hopes are now to reach the towers hemp before those who are already way ahead of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ya," Lashing furiously at the flanks of the ghost white horse to encourage it's full gallop. The horses ahead were strung and scattered. The lead horse barely seen through the path of trailing warrior dreamers. All in pursuit of victory or death in a scramble to be the first to retrieve the contents of the cube of passion from the shroom of the tower and only that person can ask the princess for her hand. Only the victor of the Valentine Day challenge can be heir to the thrown. To wed lock Salindra was to marry the land.

"Ya," the white horse's head bobbed feverishly to meet it's master's demands. Plowing the soft hot sand in over turned sprays of dust, sand and salt. Sweat streamed in mingled blood causing burning that fueled life to come alive.

"Ya," Rajar raged as the canyon grew smaller. Yells and shrills sounded in echoed valley bends. The rock emerged from a jagged floor, sand no more. The leaps of faith to scale the canyon was a puzzle of heights. Rajar passed a Horse laid slain from a miss guided leap. Tightening his grip on the Ghost horse's mane.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Can your horse jump?" She asked as she come from under the girth of the white Horse's neck.

"Well, if it's not the flower of beauty, I've been looking for you." Rajar claimed shyly.

"Oh? ... What business have you in the land of the barren?" She asked while stroking lightly along the silken neck of the Ghost Horse's mane. Her hooded veil fell to her shoulders and her hair flowed like silk in a light erotic breeze. Her smile was entrancing and her eyes sparkled with mischief.

"You don't wait for an answer before you ask another question?" Rajar teased.

"Do you have a wife?" She asked boldly and gazed with an inquisitive ear. The silence was long enough that giggles broke out between the two and sparked the union of their shared souls. Times of enjoyment that were as brief as a gust of wind.

~~~~~~~~~

"Ya," Rajar yelled as another granite stone plane was triumph. Horses and men lay in crevices snorting and screaming in last of life surges. Ghost horse leaped and the sound of scraping hoofs grasps echoed as footing became a life and death step in this pursuit. Uneasy prances and sure footed gates slowed the pace.

The lead horse and handful of participants scaled the canyon into the suns blaze again. Rajar released the reigns tightness and allowed the Ghost Horse free judgment of the last jumps leap. Outreached and stretched with full muscle taught the horse soared over the edge and sprinted into the race with overwhelming speed.

Passing a bay with a bearded jest, sweat beads flying from brow of misbelief. Darting into a competitive state racing behind and beside two more love seekers. Armed and grit teeth bared. A wild swing of ball and chain dodged by Rajar's quick maneuver. A kick hard at hips settled brace knocked rider from his riding perch. De-saddled and tumbling behind in regret.

"Ah," a sharp whack across his back's armor reminded him of the other danger that rode to close for comfort. Kicking the white steeds flanks to leave dust clouds grit in the face of this rider. Braced for the speeding trot, face in the wind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Kiss~

"Are you uncomfortable?" She asked with a wicked sly grin. Inches from Rajar's face. Nose to nose breathing upon each others flesh from nearness. Halted in a gaze of deeply iris pools, entranced.

"My Heart races as if I were of fear. But I fear you not. I adore your beauty and your charming way of smiling at life." Rajar rebutted.

"Would you kiss me ..." Rajar leaned forward and kissed her deeply. Her mouth opened receptive of his thrust of passion. Retracting with a grin. Slowly rising. "... I was going to say, even though you could have your head removed for such an act." She finished.

"I would risk the challenges of the seven oceans for a taste of your lips," Rajar boasted.

"No, there is only one challenge ...The Valentine Day Challenge. The Annual chance for seekers of my Father's domain and my love. The one time a year my stomach knots up and I feel as though I'm facing a raging tornado."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ya," Rajar blared as the Horse dove into the valley of thorn and vine. The sticker laid limbs swirled in every direction. Fingers of points and thorn in a thousand directions along the slightly beat trail.

Scratched in deeply driven bites at exposed flesh. Splicing open skin in any brush along the thin path. Shielding the burning sun in flickers from tall reaching branches. Driving thorns into flesh like needles then knife sliced away as passing. The Ghost Horse's whinny from red blood trails over smoke white. The twists and turns into the maze of pricking vine was engulfing.

"Whack," the sharp pain of steel drove to bone in Rajar's left shoulder. Horse to horse rares with Black leather steel vested villain sliced through the air yet again. Swishing sounds echoed as horses found footing and the sword crashed into Rajar's armor.

The fall was cushioned by unconsciousness, never knowing his head bounced several times as he landed in a prickled cactus bed. Face down in thorn vine flooring, swallowed in the land in the beating sun. Embraced by thorn and vine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ouch," Salindra jerked her hand from the rose. Her finger darted between her lips, sucking as if sucking the pain away. Rajar took her finger from her mouth and pulled lightly till she submitted to follow his jest. Putting her finger up and into the hot sun. Curiously she watched the blood pool up and dry in a mushroom shape. Her entrancment seem to take her mind off the pain and into a more curious state.

"The Sun heals life as well as it's ability to shrivel the existence out of it." Her arm outward with his. Bringing her closer to his strong chest. His scent overwhelmed her thoughts. Her lips pressed to his on their own accord. Salindra was as surprised as Rajar.

"I would take a prick from a thorn to dance a kiss on your lips." She said smileless. Serious and deep eyed, she leaned in and kissed him again only this time she wanted it. She pressed her self into Rajar with more than a hold. It was a lovers grasping passion in a short spurt. Rajar's eye's closed as he absorbed her tantalizing feasting.

~~~~~~~~~

Rajar's eyes opened to the blistering sun's pounding. The thorns went through his cheek, pulling as he raised then jerked to his feet in fit and rage only to fall into bedded thorns from his forgotten wounds and unbalanced lunge.

Spent and splined with a burning pain in his shoulder.

His left arm limp, unusable. Drenched in blood and his shoulder open and exposed as the metal shredded inward. Laying in sharp pricks that drove through the flesh's layers and bit in various areas pressed into the earth and skin.

Laying he looked into the beyond just passed the thorns glimmered the sparkles of the valley of ice. A moments gaze refueled the desire to continue. Courage built itself up like a ball of energy that propelled Rajar to his feet. One handed unbuckling of his armor in a stammer. Falling to padded thorned vines his heavy metal, body shield, shed.

A short whistle brought a Horse Ghost blood white snaked up to Rajar in ready to disperse side steps. Rajar mounted the Steed and saw above the thicket and briars, the valley of ice.

The blistering sun burned his now half bare flesh and wound. The White horse stepped cautiously from the forest of thorns. Into the slight grade of sheer glass. Desert ice. The mirage of mystique frozen water a deadly trail of slick mingle razor edge glass field. Baked sand for neon's growing a deadly lake of slicing doom.

Horse the color of a red rimmed cloud glided and stepped nervously across the slick trail. Each step a well balanced move. Rajar slouched in his sitting, wishing for victory while staring at defeat. The distance between the leader and Rajar was growing. The leader not caring his horses fate, lashing for expedence. Thrashing for faster darts across the flat surface areas.

The inevitable in haste is a waste. The Horse of the leader faltered. The crash into the glass surfaced flooring shattered in a ringing sound of breakage. The slice across horse flesh was devastating while the villain rode on the horses side like a sleigh till its downward slide came to a deadly end for the horse. The man darted across the glass a foot with out missing a beat.

The glass raised higher and higher to an almost climb. Each step Ghost horse took brought them closer to the incline. The Horse stopped and gazed back at Rajar with questioning eyes. Rajar's pains were entrancing with the blistering suns reflective glare beating the life out of him.

The horse turned and wheeled around and started back out of the Valley. Rajar came to life and tried to turn the Ghost horse back towards his quest. Ghost horse went another way across the glass slicing heels and under hoof. Jumping in spurts to disobey the rider and making for higher ground. Stammering footing and lunging with out steering. pulled back taught on reigns. Ghost horse scaled the glass incline with a route of several short leaps and over the edge into the bright blue burning sky.

Encircled by the glass valley was the Tower. Stoned oval lighthouse shaped structure of rock. The summit was larger and obviously roomed, housing the purse. The unknown item that was the only thing needed to claim the land by marrying the princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tower of Love and Doom~

"You wish to marry me?" Salindra blurted.

"Yes, I am asking so that I may lay with you in passions embrace unified by the gods grace in matrimony. Is this not your custom?" Rajar pleaded.

"Well, yes only here, my father must make a challenge if someone wishes my hand and my life to share. The man I marry will rule the kingdom. It's the curse of having no son my father says," Salindra sighed. "But to prove one's worth to the land and kingdom and be my husband, the new heir to the throne, you must meet the Challenge.

"I will meet this Valentine's Day Challenge," Rajar blurted with pride.

"You don't understand," Salindra cried. Pressing herself into Rajar as if sensing he could and may run home hither if a hint of the dangers that lie in the challenge for her love. "The race is hard enough ... but the villains sole purpose is to ensure there are no victors."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghost horse stood in red pooled stillness for his job was done. There was the tower and there was Villain. Waiting, swinging his sword in playful song and rhyme. Guarding the Tower with fresh and renewed breath. Waiting for a response, will Rajar endanger his soul with one arm and bleeding from his skull.

Rajar slid from the Ghost Horse leaning into the horses shade for a moments peace from the constant grip of the Sun's existence. Stepping towards the guardian of the tower with slow uncertain steps. Then Rajar stopped turned and looked at Ghost Horse slowly in follow.

"You remember when Father had you sweep the sheep?" Rajar smiled as if victory knocked on his door. Gripping his sword tightly he spun toward Villain. Raised his arms and shouted a rebel yell, charging the guardian of the Tower.

"Sweep the sheep," Rajar yelled and the Ghost horse charged at Villain. Bolting around Rajar and lunging driving pressing Villain backward. Swinging his sword as Ghost horse reared in a front leg folly. Rajar darted to the climbing bricks. Grasping with short jabs from one handed holds to wounded arm assists. Ascending the outer tower toward the shroomed dome.

Ghost horse finally wheeled and bolted away. Villain regained his pride and drive and went to the climbing bricks. Sheathed his sword and began upward after Rajar. Rajar quickened his pace, but the two handed climber gained altitude fast.

On Rajar's heels grasping for a firm grip and pull. Rajar kicked at the annoying taunts at his ankles. Driving his foot into knuckles and wrists. Rajar's fingers slid and gravity's grip dropped him straight down. The land on solid body stopped Rajar long enough to grasp a good hold but the impact jarred Villain to a free fall to a painful landing. Twisted and moaning, laying sprawled and slowly curling inward.

Rajar regained his balance and hold. Sure footed pulls brought him closer to the top. Each inch assured him of his victorious quest. The top opened up to a terrace of stone which aided in Rajar's grasp to pull himself to the safety of the towers paramount cap.

A solid wood door slatted a sliding board. Removed and opened. A small room housed a stand with a box atop. Crafted with hand carved swirls and golden hinged latched. Rajar took the box in hand and slid the latch and raised the lid. A shine and sparkled flashed from a diamond ring. The stone was glorious and bright, entrancing.

(alternate ending here~) ~~~~~~~~~~~

"You sure you want to go through with the Valentine's Day yearly challenge?" Salindra asked with great anticipation for a response.

"Of course," Rajar replied with pride.

"This challenge has been going on for 8 years and no one, I repeat no one, has returned, except Villain, my Fathers assurance." Salindra said with much concern.

"I will accept any challenge to win the favor of your life to live with mine forever." Rajar took Salindra's hand and stepped in for a kiss. Stopping short to smell her sweetness then leaning in, pressing his lips to hers, lightly. "I've never lost a Challenge yet. Besides, it's your Beauty that keeps me warm, inflamed, fired up for this Challenge."

"Don't be entranced by beauty, Rajar. Be driven by love." Salindra put her lips back to his for a short snapped kiss. Whisping away, before the Valentine's Day Challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Dance of a Kiss~

The weight sensor triggered a pendulum blade that fell in full swing. Box and ring fell to the floor as the medal shard drove deeply into Rajar's chest.

There is only one thought ... 'Tricked by a trap of beauty.' The treasure's lure from the obvious danger, death. "all for love. I did it for ... who?" His last 'hiss' only heard by stone and wood. 'Thud' and a last breath released in remembrance of her face. Sweet and warm as a morning sun. The pressing of her lips, the dance of her kiss, her words, "I love you!" And who?

In a red pool, enveloped lay silent, another victim of the annual Valentine Day Challenge. Another dream lay in rest. The courts set in jest for another year. Out of kindness a stone, Rajar rests here. Next to the Tower of Love and Doom, in the valley of ice and thorn.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If one last thought could pass through life's transfer to stillness. Life's flash of memories flooding back. One last glimmer at past present or would have been. Rajar's would have been ... a ring of beauty and a dance of a kiss.

"Place the ring on her finger," the holy man said with a bright shining grin. Rajar placed the royal ring on Salindra's finger and embraced a kiss as the holy man continued, "you may kiss ... oh my." Then snickered.

Lips together in harmony with society and divinity. Natures curse to fulfill loves empty void. The challenges that are hurdled to make life a bonded blessing. The fulfilling ring of life. To romance the sun and slide across glass for the favor of the lips wished upon in savoring feverish emotions.

12