All Comments on 'She Did Me a Favor'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Guess I will never understand someone criticizing a story, especially when they got it free. There are times I bought a book and found it lacking I was brought up to never complain about a gift. You thank someone for it!

Thank you for your story Jack!

somewhere east of Omaha

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 2 years ago

Been there with the living in a rut. #1 went off the ranch for gratification. She turned me loose as a single man in Italy. Biggest breath of fresh air I’d had in 12 years.

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Thank you, Jack, for a wonderful reading experience.

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Jack, thank you for a wonderful reading experience. As you wrote in your biography (and in Cajun French) … “Let the good times roll” !!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story. He definitely fell up.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

A good story, well told. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story because the husband dealt with the cheating wife decisively from the onset!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Good story. I enjoyed that. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn but that was a spectacular read. It was so honest and open and just came across as completely real. I know there are a billion stories out there in real life about this sort of thing happening to either spouse but this gives you all points of view without being biased or attempting to make themself appear good or utterly faultless. The emotions it brought up on many levels regarding many topics from cheating and divorce to spoiled children and drug addiction which must hit home on at least one point with almost everyone. I am so glad to have caught this story because I tend to find things so much later than I should and then I beat myself up over missing it when it was originally posted. Thank you for putting all the time and effort and thought into authoring a really wonderfully put together piece of work.

Be well and stay safe.

J.D.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

Could have respected the mc if he hadn’t bailed on his kids. Sounds like he wasn’t exactly father of the year to begin with but Christ, what kind of man does that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Little surprised that the MC went from thinking he had a happy life and marriage to no emotions and immediate plan to resign and leave town. I guess with the kids being older and bad relationship with both that helped. He didn't even learn the affair was for six months until later. He didn't care at that point. I guess some people are wired that way. The wife as usual with this author doesn't really have any explanation that is not nebulous. The dichotomy in her words about love and the affair are glaring. She isn't very bright.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Hahahahaha had to laugh at the whole my kids suck so fuck them too 😳😳😳 Like WTF but if were being honest his LIFE was killing him he hated the fact his Wife's fucking around make.him face the fact that his life SUCKED.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmover 1 year ago

Okay, this was kinda funny.

So, he's stuck in a deadend Job, and his explanation for it is that he's TOO GOOD to be promoted. BOTH of his kids turned out to be deadbeat idiots, and the only explanation he could offer, is that his wife didn't allow him to beat them. His wife cheats on him, and, while he previously admitted to being too passive, it's of course someone else's fault again.

It's just a little too formulated. Of course he is suddenly greatly loved by is collegues, in his deadend job. Of course he is suddenly great at sex, with no explanation as to what he actually did to satisfy his new girlfriend.

At least it was well written.

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

Just an aside, I think if you cheat in your marital bed, you're really showing the ultimate in disrespect. And if you get off on cheating with someone in their marital bed, you probably are overcompensating for some masculine insecurities or you're just cheap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That bad of a family and he thinks he's a good Man? MC is a lousy husband and a pathethic father, but most of all he's a failure of a man... He's wife is a slut tho...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Should have thrown away the old family entirely, start completely fresh

030251pervert030251pervert9 months ago

Good story. Enjoyed it but your timing for the Jamboree was wrong. I was there in 1967 at Farragut State Park. , not 1969.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Beth's rationale for cheating for six months was just vapid... still any interesting story although prior to his revival he wasn't much of a father or a husband, given how f$cked up his family was. That can't all be blamed on Beth. The adultery? Yeah that is on her. Anyone who cheats for the taboo nature of the affair is a slut, whether male or female.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@030251pervert

The Boy Scout National Jamboree was indeed in Idaho in 1969, I was there. The inaccuracy in the story is that we were shown video of the first moon landing on a giant screen, the first time I had ever seen such a thing, was pretty impressive technology for it's time.

Good story.

redboat7redboat7about 2 months ago

Great story! I loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

“The best revenge is living well.”

/

No. The best revenge is one that serves as an example to others. A proper revenge against adultery should be horrific and breathtaking. It should be so terrifying that 20 years later, when a woman tells her friend that she’s thinking about cheating on her husband, the friend slaps some sense into her!

/

ZK

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous